Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

Doctor Malaver posted:

"One of the 50 safest cities in Massachusetts." That's a dubious accomplishment considering Wikipedia says that Massachusetts has 50 cities.

It has a median income of something like 68k and literally 30 black people living in the entire town. It's probably one of the whitest, most privileged places in America.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

mcustic posted:

It has a median income of something like 68k and literally 30 black people living in the entire town. It's probably one of the whitest, most privileged places in America.

"We got some black families in town too, but they're not black black, you know. You'll like them! We all do!"

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Doctor Malaver posted:

"One of the 50 safest cities in Massachusetts." That's a dubious accomplishment considering Wikipedia says that Massachusetts has 50 cities.

Also one of the 50 most dangerous cities in Massachusetts! :pseudo:

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Very wealthy, but also a higher than average risk of being challenged to a rap battle. In conclusion, it is a city of contrasts.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

BONUS PIC :buddy: :

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT
I love how "fully trained" assumes "won't grow and eventually try to eat you" :lol:

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
Massachusetts has 55 cities. But I bet the actual quote referred to both cities and towns, of which there are 351.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

It appears Rambo has many skills.

(Full gallery: http://www.orlandosentinel.com/features/gone-viral/os-florida-woman-pet-gator-20160314-story.html)

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

Rambo works hard and plays harder.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Ozz81 posted:

I love how "fully trained" assumes "won't grow and eventually try to eat you" :lol:

http://www.atlasobscura.com/places/sacred-crocodile-ponds-of-paga

Xythe
Aug 4, 2010

Stop getting mad at video games. No stop insulting his mother what is wrong with you.

This is one of the coolest things I've ever heard of. A crocodile "petting zoo" is metal as gently caress.

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

Xythe posted:

This is one of the coolest things I've ever heard of. A crocodile "petting zoo" is metal as gently caress.

Now we need shark petting pools.

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔

Khazar-khum posted:

They absolutely exist! My girlfriend got to stroke a shark at the Monaco ocean museum and I'm really jealous :(.

Not-edit: I have no idea how to phrase this better.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I though shark skin was so abrasive it'd be like petting sandpaper, or does that vary between species?

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Sakurazuka posted:

I though shark skin was so abrasive it'd be like petting sandpaper, or does that vary between species?

It varies, but it's not like it's painful generally. It would only really affect you if a shark whipped past you fast and you were up against it's skin.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

It varies, but it's not like it's painful generally. It would only really affect you if a shark whipped past you fast and you were up against it's skin.

feeling sorry for the street sharks' girlfriends.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Sakurazuka posted:

It can be quite coarse, but I think Whale Sharks tend to have a bit more softness.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Khazar-khum posted:

Just go dive in pacific reefs. White tip reef sharks are like puppies with more teeth. :3:

Also they're kleptomaniacs and will try to steal anything that dangles from your rig.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Collateral Damage posted:

Just go dive in pacific reefs. White tip reef sharks are like puppies with more teeth. :3:

Also they're kleptomaniacs and will try to steal anything that dangles from your rig.
So are you saying I should or should not wear a banana hammock when diving in a pacific reef?

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Kurtofan posted:

feeling sorry for the street sharks' girlfriends.

Abrasive textured for their pleasure.

Gloryhold It!
Sep 22, 2008

Fucking
Adorable
They'd be exfoliated as gently caress though

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

:britain:

Antifreeze Head
Jun 6, 2005

It begins
Pillbug

So good of her to rescue Rambo from a life without her love.

And really, what kind of life would that be anyway?

schadenfraud
Nov 19, 2010
South Africa Daily Sun is a goldmine, for their excessive use of exclamation marks if nothing else.

http://www.dailysun.co.za/

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Quite enjoyed today's Sun:

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

I MAKE BAD POSTING DECISIONS

Too spoopy for me!

quote:

LAST week Eric was so spooked by a ghostly skeleton that he left his shack to live in an abandoned skorokoro – but it hasn’t helped.

Last week Daily Sun told the story of Eric Dzingwa from Mthatha, who said a skeleton with a golden tooth and wearing navy-blue pyjamas peed in his pee pot, left small piece of poo poo in the pot and wrote SPOOK on his shack before disappearing. According to Eric, the skeleton has struck again.

He said on Monday night at about 11pm it came and took him on hell-ride in the engineless skorokoro without wheels.

This time, when the skeleton arrived, it was wearing boxer shorts.

“Ndilandele njandini,” said the skeleton and told Eric to sit in the passenger seat. The taxi went at 200km/h on a railway line to nowhere for the whole night. In the morning I found myself sitting outside my haunted shack,” said Eric.

“I’m very scared.”

According to a neighbour, the ghost may be that of a woman who was raped and found on the railway line near Payne kasi with multiple stab wounds in 2014.

“The woman was wearing a navy-blue jacket and the skeleton was wearing navy-blue pyjamas. She also had a golden tooth,” he said.

“The dead woman was from Elliotdale and her family never came to fetch her belongings. Even the bed Eric sleeps on belonged to her.”

Chief Dalubuhle Plaatjie of Payne kasi confirmed the gruesome murder of the woman but said he has never met her family.

Mthatha sangoma, gogo Nkanyesi, said the skeleton is a restless ghost and if it is the dead woman, her family must fetch her spirit and take it back to Elliotdale.

schadenfraud
Nov 19, 2010

Wheat Loaf posted:

Quite enjoyed today's Sun:

See you, Jimmy

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

That drink has a different name overseas.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

Please don't doxx me

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

RandomFerret posted:

That drink has a different name overseas.

Works well enough to extuinguish christmas tree fires, regardless of name.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Knormal posted:

It appears Rambo has many skills.

"Can someone help me? I can't reach the keyboard and Dragon stopped working"

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

I don't get it.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

kalstrams posted:

I don't get it.

Somebody pulled up a Photoshopped joke image instead of an actual ad. "So good, you'll suck dick" has not yet become the standard to which actual ad agencies have descended.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

AlbieQuirky posted:

Somebody pulled up a Photoshopped joke image instead of an actual ad. "So good, you'll suck dick" has not yet become the standard to which actual ad agencies have descended.
I didn't even notice the fine print. :v:

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

kalstrams posted:

I didn't even notice the fine print. :v:

lol same

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

That is really lazy even if your employer is just a local news network or whatever.

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

BEHEAD THOSE WHO INSULT GENTOO

Having seen this a million times I just now saw the So Good You'll Suck Dick. I thought it was some joke about donuts not being wheat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

Marketing to millenials is getting weird