Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013
Crashing every time i try to launch the game, could a mod be doing that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Didn't some goon have a mod list?

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

Fintilgin posted:

If anyone from Firaxis or 2K is lurking this thread I would seriously pay my :10bux: for this no questions asked.

Add in some remixes of the original music (like when you jump out of the skyranger) and some other fun lighthearted stuff. It'd be great.

"Welcome back, Commander."

OK EVERYONE INTO SUPERHERO SPANDEX

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!

WarLocke posted:

"Welcome back, Commander."

OK EVERYONE INTO SUPERHERO SPANDEX

I just want to have my dudes start a mission by being launched out of the skyranger with their fist in the air. Is that so wrong?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pX0Cm3N_n6k

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Fintilgin posted:

I just want to have my dudes start a mission by being launched out of the skyranger with their fist in air. Is that so wrong?

Only if you can't also have a Sectoid start off within LOS of the Avenger loading doors with a blaster launcher. :unsmigghh:

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!

WarLocke posted:

Only if you can't also have a Sectoid start off within LOS of the Avenger loading doors with a blaster launcher. :unsmigghh:

Seems fair.

a cow
May 6, 2007

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me

ZenVulgarity posted:

Didn't some goon have a mod list?

I'm happy running practically vanilla:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=638261867
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=641394554
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=632397344
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=629910798
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=626235605
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=620586407
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=621376448

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.

Dexanth posted:

0 Death Legendary Ironman is now completed. That only took me like 4 weeks to pull off. The most fun part was right before the last mission, hitting 4 alien facilities in a row as a 'gently caress you' tour of destruction to the enemy. That last mission was frightening at the end when I realized that I had 2 pods/turn spawning and there was no way in hell I could control them so I swapped to 'Kill avatars as fast as possible'.

I get to Avatar 3 with 1 soldier unconscious thanks to a lucky muton strike and 0 revival protocol, and Avatar is nowhere near my squad. Using psychics I force it to port twice, but it ends up 1 tile short of Shredstorm range...and so I am forced to pass the turn and allow a massive beatdown, which ends with 1 soldier in bleedout.

Then? Grenadier goes Shredstorm -> Rupture, and saves the world. Highly satisfying ending, and 0 lost soldiers achievement pops.

Now, dead mind controlled aliens, on the other hand...

Noice. Too many scrubs complaining about stubbing their toe, posts like this need quoting.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Dexanth posted:

0 Death Legendary Ironman is now completed. That only took me like 4 weeks to pull off. The most fun part was right before the last mission, hitting 4 alien facilities in a row as a 'gently caress you' tour of destruction to the enemy. That last mission was frightening at the end when I realized that I had 2 pods/turn spawning and there was no way in hell I could control them so I swapped to 'Kill avatars as fast as possible'.

I get to Avatar 3 with 1 soldier unconscious thanks to a lucky muton strike and 0 revival protocol, and Avatar is nowhere near my squad. Using psychics I force it to port twice, but it ends up 1 tile short of Shredstorm range...and so I am forced to pass the turn and allow a massive beatdown, which ends with 1 soldier in bleedout.

Then? Grenadier goes Shredstorm -> Rupture, and saves the world. Highly satisfying ending, and 0 lost soldiers achievement pops.

Now, dead mind controlled aliens, on the other hand...
Nice work. That's a lot better looking than my Legendary honestman campaign which is looking like its going to be built on the corpses of my friends, but what can you do. Got to power armor/plasma and getting psi going and the difficulty hump looks like its definitely past. All I've got to worry about is that first Gatekeeper and hope it doesn't cause a wipe because I don't quite have the roster depth I want, but I'm hoping I can finish it out.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Brainamp posted:

This is a good dlc.

I rescind my questioning, this is Good DLC. Time to give Jake even more of my money...

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

quote:

SHEN’S LAST GIFT introduces a new soldier class with unique upgradeable weapons, armor and customization features, and a new narrative-driven mission and map. (To be released in Summer 2016)

Break a lone SHIV out of containment and then mass produce them

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
They should take a page from Mass Effect's book. Recover a SHIV and then transfer it into a sexy-lady cyber-body.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Digirat posted:

Break a lone SHIV out of containment and then mass produce them

SHIV needs to look like Johnny 5

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

WarLocke posted:

SHIV needs to look like Johnny 5
It'd be so hard hearing your SHIVs bleeping out "NO DISASSEMBLE" just before exploding, though. :smith:

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Sombrerotron posted:

It'd be so hard hearing your SHIVs bleeping out "NO DISASSEMBLE" just before exploding, though. :smith:

Preview of Shen's Last Gift with Anarchy's Children customizations

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Self-aware SHIVs would be hilarious.

"beep beep beep beep beep"
"SHIV has panicked!"
*Sentinel module activates at XCOM*

Pyromancer
Apr 29, 2011

This man must look upon the fire, smell of it, warm his hands by it, stare into its heart

Brainamp posted:

This is a good dlc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlGclIZV5JQ

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

drat, now I gotta start naming my dudes Hightower and Mouse

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013
Is no one else having problems getting the game to launch since the patch today?

a cow
May 6, 2007

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me

malhavok posted:

Is no one else having problems getting the game to launch since the patch today?

Nope, try not having 57 mods

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

How many voice packs do you have added? :v:

Alternatively go to \Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\268500 and tell us what the total size of that directory is.

Overdrift
Jul 17, 2006

This is Fatherman! He fights crime to earn Sonboy's respect! Is it working?

malhavok posted:

Any chance you use Avast antivirus? I had to disable it to get XCOM2 to launch.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

SynthOrange posted:

How many voice packs do you have added? :v:

Alternatively go to \Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\268500 and tell us what the total size of that directory is.

Hmm 4.5 gigs, is that bad?

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Fintilgin posted:

I just want to have my dudes start a mission by being launched out of the skyranger with their fist in the air. Is that so wrong?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pX0Cm3N_n6k
I always thought that was particularly strange because that's not even what happens in THAT game. Nobody does that.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

malhavok posted:

Jesus gently caress yes it is. You are loading that all into memory along with the base game. How many mods are you running?

a cow
May 6, 2007

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me

malhavok posted:

I'm not going to say that's the problem but I'm not going to say it isn't.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

SynthOrange posted:

Jesus gently caress yes it is. You are loading that all into memory along with the base game. How many mods are you running?

Around 80, mostly just customization options with about 3 or 4 voice packs. Guess i'll go cull the list.

hhhmmm
Jan 1, 2006
...?
So I just had an .. interesting bug in my latest ironman game.

It was base defense, which was kinda surprising given that there was no event suggesting an UFO flying about.
And my squad is not dropped at the ramp, but rather at the North East part of the base defense map. And after a few turns, some aliens do wander into the ramp I guess, because I get a message that the game is lost - but I can reload to the previous round. But I am still loving stuck at the NE part of the map at that turn, so now my ironman run is permanently lost?

I don't have that many mods running either, the complete list is "True retroactive AWC", "Show enemies on mission", "Instant Avenger menus", "Stop wasting my time" and "Ignore missing content". Where the "Ignore missing content" is only there because I at once point had a mod to ensure that grenadiers didn't set fire to themselves when using abilities.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Basically look at the mod sizes when culling. Some are really badly optimized and compressed.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Vib Rib posted:

I always thought that was particularly strange because that's not even what happens in THAT game. Nobody does that.

also nobody fights mutons with ballistics

well, nobody who wins, anyway.

Dexanth
Dec 4, 2003

The last thing an ice cream cone ever sees

Zigmidge posted:

Noice. Too many scrubs complaining about stubbing their toe, posts like this need quoting.

I mean, I get people being mad at the UI - I will totally admit I'll alt f4 if like, the camera twitches as I'm lobbing a grenade, because gently caress that. But I will replay the turn exactly as it was up to that point to ensure the RNG doesn't change. If I gently caress up tactically? Too bad for me. I had 2-3 games I had to restart once I hit Mag weapons because I did something stupid and got someone killed. This neeeearly made the 2nd to last mission go bad when I moved up my exposed psion, waking 3 Archons & an Andro.

I made it through that by having Grenadier pop single use Run'n'Gun, into Shredstorm -> Plasma -> Plasma to down 2 Archons, and the boosted dodge did the rest. Still, that was certainly an ohhh poo poo moment where it was possible (Albeit extremely unlikely) I could have lost there if they'd both somehow, say, crit my medic.

This was the first game I made it to Predator armor though, and that's really when the game turns around, because everyone can soak a hit and you can get to Warden Armor before anything that can 1-shot you in Predator can get deployed; the final mission was the only mission in the game I had someone go into bleedout.

Ravenfood posted:

Nice work. That's a lot better looking than my Legendary honestman campaign which is looking like its going to be built on the corpses of my friends, but what can you do. Got to power armor/plasma and getting psi going and the difficulty hump looks like its definitely past. All I've got to worry about is that first Gatekeeper and hope it doesn't cause a wipe because I don't quite have the roster depth I want, but I'm hoping I can finish it out.

My advice for Psions is to get it so you can upgrade the lab the instant you build it. Having 2 trained Psi-Ops is huge. Skill order I'd take, assuming I can pick :
Domination -> Null Lance -> Stasis -> Inspire -> Void Rift -> Insanity -> Schism -> Soulfire -> Sustain -> Solace -> Fortress -> It really doesn't matter past here because nobody should be getting hit and fuse is garbage.

Stasis is ridiculously good, and it isn't a turn-ender so you can Stasis -> Something else. And having a short cooldown 'Nope, don't care about you Sectopod/Gatekeeper/Andromedon/whatever' is amazing.

Earlygame is definitely the brutal part, though far less so than in X-Com 1 - There's no 'haha, it's a road map/bomb disposal, my squad is hosed' like you can get in Month 1 of EU Impossible.

Also, favorite earlygame tactic : On VIP rescues, using the VIP to eat overwatches. Since your VIP never needs to heal, they can get shot once without worry, so if some jerk has you locked down, have them go dashing. Similarly, sometimes I will leave them exposed if there's only 1 trooper left, since they can eat 1 trooper shot without dying.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Coolguye posted:

You can do it in this game... but not in '94 XCOM, yeah.

Also one of these days I want to see just how broken a full squad of 6 fully trained Psi-Ops would be.

Kwyndig fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Mar 17, 2016

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

Coolguye posted:

Also Mutons don't retreat.

Yeah, that's obviously XCOM recruitment propaganda. Kids watch this and turn up at their local XCOM base, to be handed their 'highly accurate sniper rifle', and then they are rapidly shown how they have made a BIG MISTAKE.

Jackhammer
Jul 10, 2008
I'm bad at xcom:

Lost first two retaliation missions because of bad faceless spawn and civilians hanging out on the other side of the map. Also got all my high ranking grenadiers killed at one point but luckily bounced back by getting new ones from black market / home base. Game really went to autopilot after plasma grenades and proximity mines even on legendary.

Didn't use bullshit magic powers before the last map because my psi troopers didn't learn stasis or domination in time.

Jandipoo
Mar 29, 2008

I am the great Cornholio!

I'm so sorry.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

malhavok posted:

Around 80, mostly just customization options with about 3 or 4 voice packs. Guess i'll go cull the list.

nah just get more ram

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Jandipoo posted:

I'm so sorry.

I'm not. :haw:

Also I figured out something and am just ignoring all Nexus requests. Every single person asking me to put my mods up on the Nexus? Doesnt own XCOM 2. :filez:

Synthbuttrange fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Mar 18, 2016

RiotGearEpsilon
Jun 26, 2005
SHAVE ME FROM MY SHELF

SynthOrange posted:

Also I figured out something and am just ignoring all Nexus requests. Every single person asking me to put my mods up on the Nexus? Doesnt own XCOM 2. :filez:

scofflaws and rogues

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
I hate hate hate achievements popping up before the actions are complete on screen. Completely kills the suspense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

SynthOrange posted:

ooooOOOOOHHH! Thats why they ask!