Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

qhat posted:

Saw this poo poo a few weeks ago, guy was blatently hacking before the ingame ban but really wanted everyone to believe he wasn't and was even calling our team hackers.

People who call hacks on you are about 500% more likely to be hacking themselves than your average player, in my experience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Jeza posted:

People who call hacks on you are about 500% more likely to be hacking themselves than your average player, in my experience.

Yeah I've noticed this more recently. I guess it's because they think the only people that can win against them must be hacking too.

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!
http://www.counter-strike.net/pickem/columbus2016

Get your MLG FaZe stickers here

Kwilty
May 31, 2011

Unbound posted:

Quilty and I did it guys. We saw someone get VAC'd right before out eyes. His famous last words, "Don't worry. I'll never get banned."

I'm still in awe of that moment. I think when he tried to show off his bhop script that literally looked like he was just mashing spacebar was the best part.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

This is a stupid question but you must use the new stickers to compete in the Pick'em, right? I never bothered with it up until now.

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

Kwilty posted:

I'm still in awe of that moment. I think when he tried to show off his bhop script that literally looked like he was just mashing spacebar was the best part.

im glad i didnt play in that one i think i would have tilted so hard my house would have flipped itself over

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy

Katana Gomai posted:

This is a stupid question but you must use the new stickers to compete in the Pick'em, right? I never bothered with it up until now.

Yes.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Flipsid3 just beat Na'Vi 16-9 on Overpass, Na'Vi's best map. :confused:

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

The odds on CSGL are ludicrous for this matchup. Why did people feel supremely confident in NaVi over F3?

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

qhat posted:

The odds on CSGL are ludicrous for this matchup. Why did people feel supremely confident in NaVi over F3?
Because Na'Vi is the third best team in the world and Flipsid3 is somewhere around the 12th best mark.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Online matches don't matter

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

symbolic posted:

Because Na'Vi is the third best team in the world and Flipsid3 is somewhere around the 12th best mark.

Honestly even then that doesn't justify 10-1 odds, maybe 5-1 but no lower than that.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Google Butt posted:

Online matches don't matter
It's LAN.

qhat posted:

Honestly even then that doesn't justify 10-1 odds, maybe 5-1 but no lower than that.
You overestimate the intelligence of people who bet on CS:GO matches.

Kwilty
May 31, 2011

Up Circle posted:

im glad i didnt play in that one i think i would have tilted so hard my house would have flipped itself over

If a cheater gets banned and or kicked during your game, the game isn't counted :D. Was actually probably one of the most fun games of cs I'd played in a while.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

I've only ever played 2 games where someone was blatantly hacking, once on my side and once on the other. Both just walls and pretty obvious stuff with wallbangs and kills through smoke and prefiring weird corners you are and nowhere else.

real dilemma
Apr 12, 2007

qhat posted:

wait you mean little kids betting skins on internet gaming results in an inefficient betting market??????? you don't say???

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

Ixtlilton posted:

I've only ever played 2 games where someone was blatantly hacking, once on my side and once on the other. Both just walls and pretty obvious stuff with wallbangs and kills through smoke and prefiring weird corners you are and nowhere else.

The most amazing part of people hacking in CS is that a lot of people are just so bad that you don't even notice. Last year when I played MM more regularly, I tracked around 40 people on that website who I thought were suspicious and eventually like 30+ got VAC or OW ban. But there were many many more who ended up getting banned who I didn't even notice because they got like 10 kills total. I played one game of MM the other day and some Romanian dude with like 1000 hours just toggled on WH on my team but he was pure garbage and the other team didn't even realise.

e: speak of the devil I looked him up and he got an OW ban. The system works!11!

Jeza fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Mar 17, 2016

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

Kwilty posted:

"Watch me become Phoon and make my way into B" *Bunnyhops worse than me*

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

Should I just be cranking my deathadder up to max DPI or will that cause issues? I just got mine yesterday and at 3500 DPI I had to lower my in game sens to like .3 to feel comparable to my original lovely mouse at 2.0.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

gigawhite posted:

Should I just be cranking my deathadder up to max DPI or will that cause issues? I just got mine yesterday and at 3500 DPI I had to lower my in game sens to like .3 to feel comparable to my original lovely mouse at 2.0.

There's no need. Doesn't confer an advantage. Most pros still play on 400 or 800 dpi, so just use whatever works for you.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

gigawhite posted:

I recommend using something that you won't want to change outside of csgo. So if you like using 3500/.3 and you use 3500 outside of CS, then go for it, but if you lower it after the game is over, why bother using it, just crank it down and put your sens up.

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Jeza posted:

There's no need. Doesn't confer an advantage.

Technically there is a noticible difference between high and DPI, below video explains it fairly well. It probably isn't going to make much if any difference to actual gameplay though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EplLoJFyTL0

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Got my Zowie FK2, I'll just reiterate what other people have said: awesome mouse, light and good sensors, feels so much more accurate than the Rival100 I was using.

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck

qhat posted:

Technically there is a noticible difference between high and DPI, below video explains it fairly well. It probably isn't going to make much if any difference to actual gameplay though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EplLoJFyTL0

LOL. This video starts off with an annotation that tells you to "Click here for the video without all the useless info and annotations." Link leads to a video that's 2 minutes longer.

Gotta hand it to them, they know how to get people like me to watch their video for exactly 5 seconds before closing the window!

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

NRG looking really good against EnvyUs right now

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

holy gently caress, clutch of the year right there.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Photex posted:

NRG looking really good against EnvyUs right now

I enjoyed the "analysts" mentally breaking due to delays earlier, don't know what to make of envy anymore. Our last hope against fnatic can't beat gob b, his potato men and some random they don't know

henne
May 9, 2009

by exmarx
how long is ptr gonna be in nrg lol

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

henne posted:

how long is ptr gonna be in nrg lol

jesus i hate to say it, Tabsen with this line up was really good.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
A lot of kids just lost a bunch of money

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

NRG wins and I can put Arya stickers on my guns. Today is good.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

mcvey posted:

A lot of kids just lost a bunch of money
Holy gently caress that 92/8 rating hahahah

WHAT UP NOW FRENCH?! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

A TURGID FATSO fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Mar 18, 2016

henne
May 9, 2009

by exmarx
are there any sad kids on twitch yet?

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
https://www.livecap.tv/t/counterpit/ugazfmDAe0G

Silent's 1v4 clutch is something else

henne
May 9, 2009

by exmarx
nrg won a lot of lost rounds from people going crazy

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

I just watched this like five times in a row and I'm loving PUMPED

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
Is it because you forgot what it's like to watch video on a 56k connection?

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy
Ahahaha Taco's sig sticker

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Holy poo poo I'll take 20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe
Brilliant. Don't the players get a cut of the money from stickers? He's probably going to earn a lot. I want one and I only have cute girl stickers on my guns.