Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
We can't even emulate DeS / PS3 very well. PS4 is a ways off.

I guess the PS3 is cell broadband which is a bitch to emulate, but PS4 is faster and the impression I got was that Sony put a number of securities in place to slow down efforts like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012
There's not even ps3 emulation yet, so I wouldn't get my hopes up. I still think they're gonna port Bloodborne eventually, but when is anybody's guess. Maybe when the PS4 finally has more than 1 exclusive worth playing, which could be a while. :smith:

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

Oenis posted:

There's not even ps3 emulation yet

You'll wanna youtube RPCS3, the only or most advanced PS3 emulator there is at the moment. Currently having support for Vulkan put into it so that it'll be able to handle playable framerates of titles more advanced than lightweight mostly-2D indies. (Yet G-Force (hamsters) runs seemingly at full speed on an AMD FX-6XXX?)

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Mar 18, 2016

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Oenis posted:

There's not even ps3 emulation yet, so I wouldn't get my hopes up. I still think they're gonna port Bloodborne eventually, but when is anybody's guess. Maybe when the PS4 finally has more than 1 exclusive worth playing, which could be a while. :smith:

Why do people keep thinking this? Sony owns bloodborne and would never port it to PC.

You'll get a PS5 port of Bloodborne before PC dude.

Dark souls is owned by From and published by Bandai, so they do whatever the gently caress they want. DeS and BB are partially owned by Sony so that poo poo ain't ever going anywhere.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Ign is streaming the pc version on YouTube right now

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

doesn't really make sense japan gets it first when the west made the series huge.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I could see a port of BB at the end of the current console generation, but that's really it. I doubt even that will happen.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Groovelord Neato posted:

doesn't really make sense japan gets it first when the west made the series huge.

Well Japan's only getting it early because From is self-publishing it there.

cadmaniak
Nov 21, 2006

Le God

lets hang out posted:

Looks like the difficulty has been ratched up a decent amount going by the optional creature right at the start of the game.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!

lets hang out posted:

:wtc: the lady playing it is actually good but the 2 ultragoons sitting next to her are awful

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

lets hang out posted:

youtube.com/watch?v=SqJPZbizlfs

All of a sudden the game looks "great" and "amazing", funny how that works with commenters and neogaffers.

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit
Salt and Sanctuary is not in PCs yet (:argh:), what am I going to play until April ?

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
What were the sales numbers of Bloodborne versus something like... uh, Fallout 4, I guess?

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

sector_corrector posted:

What were the sales numbers of Bloodborne versus something like... uh, Fallout 4, I guess?

What does it matter, Bethesda are like Nintendo and can sell anything if they put their name on it (ESO was ZeniMax)

e: 2 million physical sold in September 2015 worldwide, no later reports to be found, the brokeass piece of savegamecorrupting poo poo known as FO4 sold that on its brokeass launch

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Mar 18, 2016

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

MrLonghair posted:

What does it matter, Bethesda are like Nintendo and can sell anything if they put their name on it (ESO was ZeniMax)

I dunno, I'm curious. gently caress you.

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit

sector_corrector posted:

I dunno, I'm curious. gently caress you.

http://www.vgchartz.com/yearly/2016/Global/

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

sector_corrector posted:

I could see a port of BB at the end of the current console generation, but that's really it. I doubt even that will happen.
Exactly, due to sheer demand Sony will have to do the port of The Order 1886 fir- :roflolmao:

I can imagine a Demon's Souls Remaster might be a possible thing though.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

bloodborne is one of the greatest games ever made and fo4 is the absolutely garbage sequel to one of the better games ever made.

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit
The other streams didn't show much of this area, this undead village is really big, have some open areas and lots of places to explore. It's unlike DS1 and DS2, maybe a little Bloodborny (? didn't play :()

Digging this area design a lot

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

How are the clutter levels

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Groovelord Neato posted:

bloodborne is one of the greatest games ever made and fo4 is the absolutely garbage sequel to one of the better games ever made.

Fallout 3 was good but it I don't think it was that good

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit
Oh, and game is running @60fps, if there was still any doubt

And... PC graphics settings

Miss Mowcher fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Mar 18, 2016

Ophiotaurus
Aug 3, 2014

limited posted:

Exactly, due to sheer demand Sony will have to do the port of The Order 1886 fir- :roflolmao:

I can imagine a Demon's Souls Remaster might be a possible thing though.

Yeah. Demon Souls is up on the PS4 rental streaming service...for Japanese accounts. So I suppose it's possible.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

These two guys on the IGN stream are awful.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
On the PS4 BB sold .94 million and FO4 sold ~2 million. That's pretty good for a niche title.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Babe Magnet posted:

Fallout 3 was good but it I don't think it was that good

new vegas ya goob...jfc

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit
Those resins don't last long enough, I don't think they stay on for 10s, something close to 15-20s would be good, I do like that you apply them fast

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

ZZZorcerer posted:

Those resins don't last long enough, I don't think they stay on for 10s, something close to 15-20s would be good, I do like that you apply them fast

I like 'em. They're for a quick burst of extra damage. As long as they're plentiful it shouldn't be an issue, plus they contrast with spell buffs (assuming spell buffs last for the traditional amount of time).

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Groovelord Neato posted:

new vegas ya goob...jfc

it's not called fallout new vegas 2 bitch

New Vegas wasn't that good either

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
resins being something you use before you go through a fog gate and really helping if you're aggressive is the best way to do it. although bloodborne they lasted ages and applied really quickly

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

If you can plunge-hit the dingleberry boss during the fall entering the second phase, that'd be a prime time to use a resin.

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit

Genocyber posted:

I like 'em. They're for a quick burst of extra damage. As long as they're plentiful it shouldn't be an issue, plus they contrast with spell buffs (assuming spell buffs last for the traditional amount of time).

I just wish they gave more time to get closer to the enemy, as is you have to use them almost at melee range instead of resin->get close->attack

(And they seem to be plentiful, probably as expendable as bombs, knives, etc.)

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

ZZZorcerer posted:

Oh, and game is running @60fps, if there was still any doubt

And... PC graphics settings

Can you link to whoever was previewing on PC?

Is there still stupidity with mouse double click settings?

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit

pmchem posted:

Can you link to whoever was previewing on PC?

Is there still stupidity with mouse double click settings?

The stream stopped a while ago but they said they're going to upload the whole thing, so try to see it later at the IGN channel youtube.com/channel/UCKy1dAqELo0zrOtPkf0eTMw (I think it's the 60 fps video that is coming later)

nevermind, here: youtube.com/watch?v=SqJPZbizlfs

They were using controllers so I don't know about that

Miss Mowcher fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Mar 19, 2016

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Babe Magnet posted:

New Vegas wasn't that good either

yeah you're wrong as gently caress but luckily that isn't a crime.

hampig
Feb 11, 2004
...curioser and curioser...

ZZZorcerer posted:

Personally I don't think old buffs added anything interesting to gameplay. You buff outside of combat at no risk and then proceed to play exactly as you were going to anyway. Or, if I'm feeling cynical, you spam R1 more.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

at one point they did go through the controls menu real quick

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012
Show of hands who here ever used kb+m controls for a souls game anyways? I know I managed until at least Quelaag or something until I finally got a controller, but I never looked back. It's doable but... well.

VocalizePlayerDeath
Jan 29, 2009

I beat Dark Souls 1 and 2 with kbm. Only got a gamepad for a puter when I tried to play a Naruto ninja storm game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

I beat Dark Souls 1 with just kb, it actually worked extremely well. I used a gamepad for Dark Souls 2 but it really didn't feel like I had any advantage over the keyboard, arguably I was actually worse off due to a lack of buttons

• Locked thread