Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

AlbieQuirky posted:

Somebody pulled up a Photoshopped joke image instead of an actual ad. "So good, you'll suck dick" has not yet become the standard to which actual ad agencies have descended.

We are pretty much there though:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antifreeze Head
Jun 6, 2005

It begins
Pillbug

Phlegmish posted:

That is really lazy even if your employer is just a local news network or whatever.

More like the graphics guy was disgruntled.

I'd like to revisit this one:

On the surface this is a funny mistake, however it could be a deliberate tip of the hat to a previous funny mistake. Yogi Berra once made a mistaken but sincere comment about a switch hitter being amphibious, and I always thought that perhaps this headline was a continuation of that joke.

dirksteadfast
Oct 10, 2010

Antifreeze Head posted:

More like the graphics guy was disgruntled.

I'd like to revisit this one:

On the surface this is a funny mistake, however it could be a deliberate tip of the hat to a previous funny mistake. Yogi Berra once made a mistaken but sincere comment about a switch hitter being amphibious, and I always thought that perhaps this headline was a continuation of that joke.

The fact that it says "ambidextrous" in the article and that sports writers for baseball are exactly the type of people to make really old callbacks leads me to believe you have cracked the code on this one.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

du -hast posted:

Having seen this a million times I just now saw the So Good You'll Suck Dick. I thought it was some joke about donuts not being wheat

Hell, I'd suck dick without donuts

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

Strom Cuzewon posted:

We are pretty much there though:

This can't be real

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

zakharov posted:

This can't be real

It's real.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
https://twitter.com/charlesapple/status/711293719375249408

https://twitter.com/olenskae/status/711255046076370945

artsy fartsy
May 10, 2014

You'll be ahead instead of behind. Hello!

drat, what the hell were they thinking? They could have kept the tagline and made something equally tasteless but less rapey (like a guy looking uncertain about a snaggle-toothed woman about to suck him off) and it probably would have made the rounds on Facebook without screaming "please boycott our douchebag product!"

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy

Holy poo poo. I imagine their marketing team is a bunch a douchebags to let something like this fly.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

TopHatGenius posted:

Holy poo poo. I imagine their marketing team is a bunch a douchebags to let something like this fly.

I'd say their legal team were all sick the day that got approved

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

That kid should respect a loving burn when he hears it

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

twist ending: teacher is let go cause it turns out the dog really ate the homework. the student did eat the dog afterwards, but that's legalities for ya.

Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

I'll take her off your hands. Pleasure doing business with you!

The second-place vote is pretty dumb. Why would you name a boat after a guy who died trying to make the same voyage the boat is? It'd be like building a plane to cross the Pacific nonstop and calling it the Amelia Earhart.

EDIT: That's probably why the Internet picked it. :v:

Zemyla has a new favorite as of 08:39 on Mar 20, 2016

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I hope they go ahead and do it.

Phlegmish has a new favorite as of 19:29 on Mar 20, 2016

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

After mountain dews famous "mountain dew hitler did nothing wrong" flavour fuckup I'm amazed they opened it up to the public.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
Really. You give them options to pick from. You don't give them open voting on whatever they want.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Don't trust the internet to name things.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Say Nothing posted:

Don't trust the internet to name things.

Didn't goons get a municipal waste facility named after Fred Durst?

fe: yeah we deffo helped on that

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

syscall girl posted:

Didn't goons get a municipal waste facility named after Fred Durst?

fe: yeah we deffo helped on that

That was overruled and they settled for something dumb like "Department of Neat And Clean."

This is Mr. Splashypants all over again.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Apparently we also sent Putbull to Alaska: http://www.cracked.com/quick-fixes/6-hilarious-cases-online-voting-contests-gone-awry/

We Got Us A Bread
Jul 23, 2007

I actually gained a ton of respect for Pitbull for that..his music may suck, but goddamn if he can't take a joke well. Dude handled it like a champ.

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

Martinpale posted:

I actually gained a ton of respect for Pitbull for that..his music may suck, but goddamn if he can't take a joke well. Dude handled it like a champ.

He makes music? All I can hear when I watch his videos is what's left of my blood supply pounding in my ears.

Rysithusiku
Nov 10, 2013

Witness the assless man and despair!
All futures point to a world of filled holes.

Centripetal Horse posted:

He makes music? All I can hear when I watch his videos is what's left of my blood supply pounding in my ears.

It's like a DIY bass line

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

Imagine Sarah, panicked, knowing she can't keep up this habit of stealing worn men's underwear and taking in their musky masculine scent, finally figures out an excuse: the cat! The cat, for some reason, steals underwear (only men's for some reason, how quirky!) and brings it over. Now she just has a pile of dirty manly drawers, how awful! So she puts notes in the mailboxes of her neighbors, reluctantly telling the men in the building that they can collect it. But somebody finds it funny, puts it online. Now it's gone viral, with half of the people thinking it's a funny cute story, the other half realizing her forbidden desires. Panicking, she tells the news to give them her side of the story, really driving home that it just has to be the cat. She's going through about two packs of cigarettes each day now. They know her full name now, and everyone could know her darkest secret, the secret she's kept since she was caught sniffing her brother's socks as a child. If her parents see this story, they'll know the truth. Her life has been torn apart, but really she knew this would happen one day. Humiliated, she goes to work, uncertain as to who in her office has caught on.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

trapped mouse posted:

Imagine Sarah, panicked, knowing she can't keep up this habit of stealing worn men's underwear and taking in their musky masculine scent, finally figures out an excuse: the cat! The cat, for some reason, steals underwear (only men's for some reason, how quirky!) and brings it over. Now she just has a pile of dirty manly drawers, how awful! So she puts notes in the mailboxes of her neighbors, reluctantly telling the men in the building that they can collect it. But somebody finds it funny, puts it online. Now it's gone viral, with half of the people thinking it's a funny cute story, the other half realizing her forbidden desires. Panicking, she tells the news to give them her side of the story, really driving home that it just has to be the cat. She's going through about two packs of cigarettes each day now. They know her full name now, and everyone could know her darkest secret, the secret she's kept since she was caught sniffing her brother's socks as a child. If her parents see this story, they'll know the truth. Her life has been torn apart, but really she knew this would happen one day. Humiliated, she goes to work, uncertain as to who in her office has caught on.

This is my least favorite chuck palahniuk novel

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

I MAKE BAD POSTING DECISIONS

Aesop Poprock posted:

This is my least favorite chuck palahniuk novel

There is no cat. It was Sarah all along.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Karma Monkey posted:

I am Jack's underwear kleptomania.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Karma Monkey posted:

:thejoke:

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

dumb.
Apr 11, 2014

-=💀=-

What a magical world we live in.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

dumb. posted:

What a magical world we live in.

It's so perfect. What did they seriously expect from an "AI" chatbot patterned on twitter and facebook style updates? What middle manager was so disconnected from the world that he passed it on to his superiors? Why did they sign off? Who the gently caress decided to not curate or at least filter its output? It's like the whole company is made up of the deaf-blind-mute monkeys.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

The "Boaty McBoatface" people were probably just naive. Microsoft should've known better, though.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

See picture of the fort here.

Schlinky
Mar 12, 2009

...Too much drink.

Story here.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Collateral Damage