Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Matt loves the MCU movies and has watched all of them and hes excited to watch Civil War and Doctor Strange

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

net cafe scandal posted:

Matt loves the MCU movies and has watched all of them and hes excited to watch Civil War and Doctor Strange

Just Civil War. He thinks the mysticism stuff is dumb.

Kal-L
Jan 18, 2005

Heh... Spider-man... Web searches... That's funny. I should've trademarked that one. Could've made a mint.
Just thought that it was funny that they referenced Guardians of the Galaxy in motherfucking Daredevil.

Also going for a stealth reference to Spider-Man with the whole "underwear/pajamas" thing.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

Kal-L posted:

Just thought that it was funny that they referenced Guardians of the Galaxy in motherfucking Daredevil.

Also going for a stealth reference to Spider-Man with the whole "underwear/pajamas" thing.
Solely re: spoiler:
I just read that as a stereotypical superhero costume joke. Didn't really see it as a reference to anyone specific.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

Codependent Poster posted:

Frank was the target of that shootout all along. And it's heavily implied by his talk at the end with Blacksmith it's because Frank didn't join up with him after the war. Blacksmith chose the place for the deal because he knew that's where Frank took his family. It probably went south because of one of his men. Frank was targeted with a shot to his head. Frank realized who Blacksmith was at the docks when one of his former war buddies called out "Long time no see, Frank!" That's the same guy Karen saw in the photo who was getting put into a body bag at the docks. The DA tried to cover it up because she had an undercover there and could have saved the civilians but didn't, and didn't want any of that falling back on her, which is why she erased evidence of Frank and his family being there, and put the DNR on him.

all series

Ah, yes, the double secret conspiracy, always a good choice that doesn't lead to confused audiences.

Still, 'twas a good season and as everyone has said they did a good job with Castle. I was very skeptical of giving that character a show, and it still wouldn't be my first choice, but they've earned a lot of good faith towards a project like that.

Great season for Foggy, too. Hope he shows up in Iron Fist.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

I just realized that Datak motherfucking Tarr was new Irish crime boss.

The casting for this show is great.

(#($^(!@^)!&@_&*$+_@*$+!*$@*_+!* i knew he was familiar.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

XboxPants posted:

all series

Ah, yes, the double secret conspiracy, always a good choice that doesn't lead to confused audiences.

Still, 'twas a good season and as everyone has said they did a good job with Castle. I was very skeptical of giving that character a show, and it still wouldn't be my first choice, but they've earned a lot of good faith towards a project like that.

Great season for Foggy, too. Hope he shows up in Iron Fist.

Yeah (series spoiler) I'm a bit bummed that there was a conspiracy to kill Frank's family. The Punisher's origin is so simple there's no need to muddy it up with conspiracy. Careless crime goons shoot at each other with no regard to innocents, his family is caught in the crossfire, he decides no more families need to get caught in mob crossfire and becomes the Punisher.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Rocksicles posted:

(#($^(!@^)!&@_&*$+_@*$+!*$@*_+!* i knew he was familiar.

Spoilers all/comics The character he plays is a Punisher rogue from the comics who survived a shotgun blast to the face, so, he could still be alive and in a potential spinoff.

I think it's pretty clear they were setting up a spinoff, what with the CD he had stashed and the "now we are friendly, DD" sniper assist. I also think Frank knows who Matt is, he kind of made a weird face when Matt first started talking to him in the hospital

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

zoux posted:

Spoilers all/comics The character he plays is a Punisher rogue from the comics who survived a shotgun blast to the face, so, he could still be alive and in a potential spinoff.

I think it's pretty clear they were setting up a spinoff, what with the CD he had stashed and the "now we are friendly, DD" sniper assist. I also think Frank knows who Matt is, he kind of made a weird face when Matt first started talking to him in the hospital

Episode 13 spoiler I can't believe that they showed him finding a freaking minigun, followed by Matt and Elektra wondering how they were going to survive a wave of 100 ninjas and instead of Frank mowing down ninjas with the minigun he snipes a few and the gives him the Steve Buscemi from Billy Madison wave.

Kal-L
Jan 18, 2005

Heh... Spider-man... Web searches... That's funny. I should've trademarked that one. Could've made a mint.

Ugato posted:

Solely re: spoiler:
I just read that as a stereotypical superhero costume joke. Didn't really see it as a reference to anyone specific.

Re: your re: to my spoiler:

Before the Civil War trailer with Spider-Man and Tony calling him Underoos, I would've bought it as a generic superhero joke. But they had plenty of time to align the CW trailer and Daredevil S2, so people can go "Oh, just like Spider-Man!"

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Regarding the Punisher and Daredevil's relationship at the end: I like how Frank was totally against Daredevil killing the Blacksmith, or condoning it. He understands there's no coming back from that and despite what he thinks of Daredevil and his half-measures, he doesn't want him to be pulled down to his level.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.
I don't know where people are getting the double secret conspiracy idea. Clancy Brown only brought up Frank not taking the job offer in reference to Frank not having enough money to take his family somewhere nice where they wouldn't have been in the crossfire. I never got the impression the deal going south was some super circuitous hit on Frank.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
I absolutely loving loved Season 2 Episode 3. Loved that they took one of my favorite parts from Welcome Back, Frank, and made something of it.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Daredevil in the first ep of season 2 says "I think I can rattle some cages". This is the greatest TV episode in history. First Batman, now Daredevil, I can't get enough of rattling the cages!

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Kal-L posted:

I'm up only to Ep. 4, but goddamn!

Anyone else notice in Ep. 3 that Matt copies almost word for word Rocket Raccoon's rant about "we all had people die on us, that isn't an excuse to behave like a maniac!"

That's just how good his hearing is.

Omnomnomnivore
Nov 14, 2010

I'm swiftly moving toward a solution which pleases nobody! YEAGGH!
2x3 ruled. I think this was deliberate:

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

SirDan3k posted:

I don't know where people are getting the double secret conspiracy idea. Clancy Brown only brought up Frank not taking the job offer in reference to Frank not having enough money to take his family somewhere nice where they wouldn't have been in the crossfire. I never got the impression the deal going south was some super circuitous hit on Frank.

You mean besides the fact that everyone says the Blacksmith was the main person behind getting all the gangs together? And that Clancy Brown was the Blacksmith? And it took place in a location that was known to be one of Frank's favorite places to take his family, and Frank was deliberately shot in the head?

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

Medullah posted:

Yeah (series spoiler) I'm a bit bummed that there was a conspiracy to kill Frank's family. The Punisher's origin is so simple there's no need to muddy it up with conspiracy. Careless crime goons shoot at each other with no regard to innocents, his family is caught in the crossfire, he decides no more families need to get caught in mob crossfire and becomes the Punisher.

I thought this was an improvement on his origin. The cover ups help sell him not having faith in the justice system.

AtraMorS
Feb 29, 2004

If at the end of a war story you feel that some tiny bit of rectitude has been salvaged from the larger waste, you have been made the victim of a very old and terrible lie

zoux posted:

About that last bit, it wasn't just a weird face. Frank says (02x06):

"Yeah. I know who you are. You protect shitbags."

Given that their only interaction at that point had been DD stopping Frank from killing shitbags, and the way he wakes up when he hears Matt start talking, he definitely recognized Matt's voice.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
Season 2 Spoiler Anyone notice that the whole series is about killing vs. not killing and Matt just straight up kills Nobu at the end?

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
Daredevil season 2: Waiting to Exhale

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

Hollismason posted:

Season 2 Spoiler Anyone notice that the whole series is about killing vs. not killing and Matt just straight up kills Nobu at the end?

Wait, which season are we talking about again?

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand

Gyges posted:

Stuffs about Elektra
To further elaborate on this, I don't think it can be stressed enough that Stick is the one who raised Elektra, and Stick is not a good person. His goals differ from the Hand's, but not his means. He refined Elektra's inherent bloodlust, told her to direct it towards her enemies instead of her allies, but in no way did he try to eradicate her need to kill, because he thinks killing anyone in your way is good. Try to imagine that every piece of rhetoric Elektra says -- every bit of philosophy that Elektra waxes about taking what you want by force and giving in to your baser instincts -- as coming from Stick's lips instead of hers and all of a sudden Elektra's character makes 100% more sense. In many ways, he's responsible for creating the perfect "Black Sky." She's really not sociopathic at all, she's just a complete logical conclusion of Stick's teachings.

And, yeah, Matt is one who fans the spark of goodness in Elektra so that she's not a total monster, though arguably it comes too little too late and she's always going to be "gray" at best.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Daredevils new mask looks incredibly good

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Hollismason posted:

I thought they were going to have his head pop off after Matt tossed him over the building with the baton wire still around his neck. Good thing Stick was there for the finisher

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

You mean besides the fact that everyone says the Blacksmith was the main person behind getting all the gangs together? And that Clancy Brown was the Blacksmith? And it took place in a location that was known to be one of Frank's favorite places to take his family, and Frank was deliberately shot in the head?

Where does Frank getting deliberately shot in the head thing come up? Yeah he gets shot in the head but none of Blacksmith's crew was there to do it deliberately, them not showing up was why poo poo went south. It's a stretch to me, more of a stretch then the run of the mill story convenience of it was a guy you knew all along.

Disharmony
Dec 29, 2000

Like a hundred crippled horses lying crumpled on the ground

Begging for a rifle to come and put them down
Is this show really this grainy and noisy? It can't be my connection because House of Cards and Better Call Saul looks absolutely stunning.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Disharmony posted:

Is this show really this grainy and noisy? It can't be my connection because House of Cards and Better Call Saul looks absolutely stunning.
Naw dude it's you.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Episode 9. Whats the significance of the article Karen finds in Ben Urich's office that she has such a emotional response to? Car accident? I guess I forgot something from Season 1

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.

net cafe scandal posted:

Daredevils new mask looks incredibly good

In low light and shadows in full light not so much.

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves

SirDan3k posted:

Where does Frank getting deliberately shot in the head thing come up? Yeah he gets shot in the head but none of Blacksmith's crew was there to do it deliberately, them not showing up was why poo poo went south. It's a stretch to me, more of a stretch then the run of the mill story convenience of it was a guy you knew all along.

When they find the X-ray, they mention him getting shot at close range/execution style.

Also think hard about what happened that day, because there are different takes and nobody really knows for certain, like nobody knows who really started the shooting.

Nobody knows who Blacksmith is, so nobody can actually say if he was there or not, and Frank was just a guy caught in the crossfire, so how did he get shot at close range execution style? What gangster is going to take the time to do that when they're busy fighting two other gangs in a free-for-all shootout?

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Episdoe Nine. Fisk looks like such a lame blowhard next to Frank.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

My Q-Face posted:

When they find the X-ray, they mention him getting shot at close range/execution style.

Also think hard about what happened that day, because there are different takes and nobody really knows for certain, like nobody knows who really started the shooting.

Nobody knows who Blacksmith is, so nobody can actually say if he was there or not, and Frank was just a guy caught in the crossfire, so how did he get shot at close range execution style? What gangster is going to take the time to do that when they're busy fighting two other gangs in a free-for-all shootout?

Though earlier they also said if it was self inflicted he'd be dead due to the close range.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

Finale/Season spoilers
There was no conspiracy to kill Frank's family.

The Blacksmith's original plan was to get the three gangs there to do a massive drug deal. He never ended up showing because he suspected or was tipped off that the DA knew about it which is why you had the three gangs just hanging around before getting into a fight.

Frank's family was just caught in the crossfire, something that wouldn't have happened had Frank taken up the Blacksmith's deal originally since he would have been rich enough to take his family wherever he wanted to. That's what that conversation was about.

There was no need to take out Frank at all. All the conspiracy stuff was on the DA's end to hide the massive gently caress up that just happened.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Hey all, its late and I'm tried and a few too many beers in.

Was there a scene in the later part of season where Karen said that she knew Matt was keeping secrets (bruises, absences etc.) and urged him to do something about it? I think it was at his apartment or the gym, but I can't seem to find the exact scene.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
My least favorite part by far was the finale. Didn't like Frank showing up outta nowhere in the nick of time. Elektra's impending death was painfully obvious after the "let's run away together!" exchange. And the Nobu fight was dull compared to Season 1's. Favorite parts were the opening Frank arc and Kingpin in prison.

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

Kegslayer posted:

Finale/Season spoilers
There was no conspiracy to kill Frank's family.

The Blacksmith's original plan was to get the three gangs there to do a massive drug deal. He never ended up showing because he suspected or was tipped off that the DA knew about it which is why you had the three gangs just hanging around before getting into a fight.

Frank's family was just caught in the crossfire, something that wouldn't have happened had Frank taken up the Blacksmith's deal originally since he would have been rich enough to take his family wherever he wanted to. That's what that conversation was about.

There was no need to take out Frank at all. All the conspiracy stuff was on the DA's end to hide the massive gently caress up that just happened.

Or, there were two separate conspiracies surrounding a single event that just happened to overlap. Like The Hand and Wilson Fisk. A carousel in central park seems like a strange place to have a massive meet-up for a drug-deal.

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

Is the weekend over and we can stop using spoilers?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

KTS posted:

The whole kill the guy who killed Matt's dad was in the past after they first met, and was the last time they saw each other until Elektra showed up in his apartment

Oh yeah, I know that it was a flashback and all that. I'm just commenting on how it flowed throughout the episodes. Y'know, she showed up in his house and then we got flashbacks on who she was. And now I'm done with the series and I'm kinda bummed out that Matt wanted to get back together with her. Kinda, but not too much since it seems like he wants to do it only to keep an eye on her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

The whole Hand/Stick/the War arc in DD comes from the early 80s/Frank Miller period, which went over the whole "Elektra's got some inner darkness and Matt wants to save her" thing.

Stick's death came after DD tried some mental technique he'd learned from Stick to revive Elektra after she'd been mortally wounded or killed. If I recall correctly, Stick realized that while Matt hadn't fully revived her, he had purged the darkness from her, after which Stick gives his life to revive her. (At least, I think that's how it went, it's been decades)