Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Hakkesshu posted:

I've only got two episodes left, and although they go some places I don't necessarily think work well, everything with Punisher and Fisk is the best poo poo they've ever done.

I just got to what appears to be the end of the Punisher arc in ep 4, is that it? He was great.

Also I would totally watch a show that was just Foggy and Matt handling lovely cases and owning the DA while trying to keep the lights on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

IRQ posted:

I just got to what appears to be the end of the Punisher arc in ep 4, is that it? He was great.

It's not the primary storyline anymore, but there's more.

VagueRant
May 24, 2012

corn in the bible posted:

How in the hell is Fargo glacial
I actually can't remember if it was a pacing issue, but I found it intolerably boring either way.

I also think the only good Cohen brothers movie is True Grit. So hey.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

VagueRant posted:

I actually can't remember if it was a pacing issue, but I found it intolerably boring either way.

What is it like living in bizarro world

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

VagueRant posted:

hosed up if true.

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien
I just want to say that the fact that Daryls daughter in Crazy Ex-Girlfriend has a snail collection and one of the snails is named Iggy A-snail-ea makes me :3: so much.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Ravane posted:

I just want to say that the fact that Daryls daughter in Crazy Ex-Girlfriend has a snail collection and one of the snails is named Iggy A-snail-ea makes me :3: so much.

How very current and topical

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
The Passion owns, Judas singing WAKE ME UP INSIDE owns

It's like Tyler Perry got to make a megachurch musical production with a million dollar budget

McSpanky posted:

Right, in the series, but we were talking about your description of it.
:sigh:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I didn't watch it but they had it here in New Orleans and they closed off a bunch of streets for it and I saw pictures of people carrying like a 50 foot light up cross through the streets. Seems like some pretty normal poo poo to happen in this city, honestly.

thrakkorzog
Nov 16, 2007

IRQ posted:

Also I would totally watch a show that was just Foggy and Matt handling lovely cases and owning the DA while trying to keep the lights on.

It's followed up by a story arc about the People vs. Frank Castle, and guess which plucky upstart law firm is willing to defend him?

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.
I like DD S2 a lot more maybe because I personally like Elektra who is actually trying to have fun while everyone else is so dour. But I can see why she might be grating to someone else.

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

Escobarbarian posted:

this is actually exactly why it sucks because it's such a blatant attempt at inversion. it feels like it was written by the kind of guy who walks around with a "this is what a feminist looks like" t-shirt so everyone knows how great they are

I don't even care if there was any type of inversion intended in the line or not, it's so bad to me because it's just so hoaky n goofy and something I could never imagine anyone ever saying to anyone else, outside of maybe the context of people who've seen Jessica Jones quoting it to make fun of it.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Foggy Nelson in Daredevil is the most annoying bitch on any TV show.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
So glad they cut out the subplot with Foggy obsessively browsing reddit

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

When do new episodes of stuff show up on Hulu?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

muscles like this? posted:

When do new episodes of stuff show up on Hulu?

Midnight central.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

This week I'm getting rid of regular cable and switching over to the Playstation Vue service and streaming stuff. The Vue service works surprisingly well for live streaming channels, so far I've only seen one time where it was having issues, which is less than I can say for my old cable service.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

savinhill posted:

I don't even care if there was any type of inversion intended in the line or not, it's so bad to me because it's just so hoaky n goofy and something I could never imagine anyone ever saying to anyone else, outside of maybe the context of people who've seen Jessica Jones quoting it to make fun of it.

Not to mention there are probably a dozen better ways you could write a line expressing disgust at having sex with the person who murdered your wife.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Uh, he's not talking about his penis.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

How is he not

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

It's a metaphor, you see normally it's the woman who is seen as the permissive member of sexual contact under Western cultural mores.

Really the bigger problem is that we had a thread where we made our very own much much worse SMG and then we let him post in other threads.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

zoux posted:

It's a metaphor, you see normally it's the woman who is seen as the permissive member of sexual contact under Western cultural mores.

Yes, I get that part, I just don't get how you can say that anyone, male or female, who says that or something like it is not talking about dicks, because saying "I was emotionally inside you" makes no goddamn sense
but you know what, we're just encouraging Occ by allowing this to continue so I'm gonna stop right here

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
yeah obviously it means physically who in the hell actually thinks it's a metaphor

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

This argument is real dumb.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.
you let this argument be inside me

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Lucas Till, aka Havoc from the X-Men movies, is your new MacGuyver.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

zoux posted:

Unrelated to whoever that actor is, I'm not acknowledging this "new MacGyver" nonsense's existence.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

zoux posted:

Is it a reboot or son of?

In other news Ryan Murphy announced the returning cast members of AHS for next season: Finn Wittrock, Cheyenne Jackson, Wes Bentley, Matt Bomer, Angela Bassett, Denis O’Hare, Kathy Bates and Sarah Paulson.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Is Jessica Lange doing a Caitlyn Jenner biopic?

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Is it a reboot or son of?
Reincarnation. The MacGyver line dates all the way back to primordial times. In every generation a new one is reborn to save the world with nothing but a wooden stake some bubblegum.

In other news Ryan Murphy announced the returning cast members of AHS for next season: Finn Wittrock, Cheyenne Jackson, Wes Bentley, Matt Bomer, Angela Bassett, Denis O’Hare, Kathy Bates and Sarah Paulson.

And the world yawned.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Was AHS hotel any good? I couldn't finish Freak Show and the opening episode of Hotel was unimpressive.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

MacheteZombie posted:

Was AHS hotel any good? I couldn't finish Freak Show and the opening episode of Hotel was unimpressive.

It was the best season since Asylum by a considerable margin, but it was very much a season of AHS, with all the good and bad that entails.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

MacheteZombie posted:

It was more boring than anything else. There are some decent performances and some really cool art deco set design, but otherwise nothing worthwhile.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

IRQ posted:

Unrelated to whoever that actor is, I'm not acknowledging this "new MacGyver" nonsense's existence.

I expect this will be as relevant in the long term as the "new Knight Rider" was 10 years ago.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
See also: New Bionic Woman.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Snak posted:

See also: New Bionic Woman.

New Odd Couple. New Muppet Show. New X-Files.

Conclusion: New means bad.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

New BSG.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

raditts posted:

I expect this will be as relevant in the long term as the "new Knight Rider" was 10 years ago.

Counterpoint: New Hawaii Five-O

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Sarah Paulson should really go do something else but be in Ryan Murphy shows. She's kind of peaked with her awesome Marcia Clarke performance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

zoux posted:

This does not inspire confidence.

• Locked thread