Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Did anyone here go to LU at SXSW? I missed it by a day :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Mulaney Power Move posted:

Do they really do retakes for botches during these tapings?

Usually not. I think I've seen it once or twice when a finish got botched (and they don't fully stop the cameras, they just repeat the spot) but for just normal in-match screw-ups no. They do edit botches out sometimes unless they are visually cool enough to stay, like that time Son of Havoc got dropped on his head off the crowd barricade. There also are surprisingly few major noticeable botches that I've seen happen live, for all the crazy poo poo these guys do.

They will do retakes on promo botches, and that's more common. Most often Dario, who comes from an acting standpoint and so will just go "stop, let's take that again" if he messed up something or didn't like a take, and occasionally when Melissa screws something up on the ring announcing.

The Muffinlord
Mar 3, 2007

newbid stupie?
You can't fix Mill Moretays in post, sadly.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

The Muffinlord posted:

You can't fix Mill Moretays in post, sadly.

I wouldn't have it any other way.

A Real Horse
Oct 26, 2013

So I just watched the most recent episode because I had a work function that went late last Wednesday. Amazing, amazing show. So happy to see Fenix come out on top against Mil. The way he was celebrating in the crowd afterwards has me still smiling an hour after finishing it.

I legitimately can't pick a favorite wrestler in LU. More than that, I can't really think of any wrestler who when I see them coming I think "Eh, I'll skip this match". Maybe Sexy Star or Kobra Moon, but even then, their matches aren't offensively bad, just nowhere near the quality of everything else on the show.

Oh wait, I can pick a favorite. It's Son of Havok and his glorious beard.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof

A Real Horse posted:

So I just watched the most recent episode because I had a work function that went late last Wednesday. Amazing, amazing show. So happy to see Fenix come out on top against Mil. The way he was celebrating in the crowd afterwards has me still smiling an hour after finishing it.

I legitimately can't pick a favorite wrestler in LU. More than that, I can't really think of any wrestler who when I see them coming I think "Eh, I'll skip this match". Maybe Sexy Star or Kobra Moon, but even then, their matches aren't offensively bad, just nowhere near the quality of everything else on the show.

Like, I really can't imagine someone watching 5 episodes of this show and not just falling in love most of the cast. Pentagon, Drago, BIG JACK EVANS, and Mil have been the big players this season for me.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
LU has cut a deal to be aired in France:

https://twitter.com/luchablog/status/711979810579288064

Get hyped for AZTEC WARFARE II ON WEDNESDAY:

https://twitter.com/LuchaElRey/status/711992475359916032

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest

A Real Horse posted:

I finally got around to watching S2E01 last night and simultaneously marked out and cracked up when Havoc, Angelico and Ivelisse all returned because I'd forgotten how much having Havoc next to Ivelisse and Angelico highlights Havoc's height. The ending of their 3 way match definitely reminded me of how much I love the little touches in the show too, it was brilliant having Ivelisse is celebrating her win and then seeing Mil and realising she's about to have to face off against him and having her face drop for a second.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

willus posted:

I finally got around to watching S2E01 last night and simultaneously marked out and cracked up when Havoc, Angelico and Ivelisse all returned because I'd forgotten how much having Havoc next to Ivelisse and Angelico highlights Havoc's height. The ending of their 3 way match definitely reminded me of how much I love the little touches in the show too, it was brilliant having Ivelisse is celebrating her win and then seeing Mil and realising she's about to have to face off against him and having her face drop for a second.

Also after Mil tosses her across the ring to start the match, she kind of looks up from the corner and gives a rueful nod like "So that's how it is, huh?" Ivelisse is amazing at facial expressions.

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
I'd also forgotten how annoying Matt Striker can be and also how gross Vampiro gets whenever there's a female wrestler in the ring

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Gonna rewatch the first Aztec Warfare match tonight to get hyped for Wednesday. :mmmhmm:

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

sticklefifer posted:

Gonna rewatch the first Aztec Warfare match tonight to get hyped for Wednesday. :mmmhmm:

Gonna be Real Mad Online if Pimpinela Escarlata doesn't show up this year

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

sticklefifer posted:

this is a very good idea, Aztec Warfare 1 is one of my favorite things ever

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
I just watched all of Lucha Underground over the last couple weeks

I guess I caught up at a good time

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

JT Jag posted:

I just watched all of Lucha Underground over the last couple weeks

I guess I caught up at a good time

Welcome, and yeah you did. This week should be pretty drat hype.

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Take a look at the masked man
Beating up the wrong guy
Oh man! Wonder if he'll ever know
Chris Benoit killed his family
Has anyone ordered any merch from the LU Square store before? Tomorrow makes a week since I put in my order and I still haven't got a email saying it shipped.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Speaking of the first Aztec Warfare, as much as it's correct to hate on Matt Striker, his call when Mr. Cisco entered the match well before the other members of the crew has been stuck in my head for the last week or so: "Little cholo's rollin' solo!"

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
So this is happening in Boyle Heights and now I kinda want to see Ivelisse incorporate this into her look.

http://www.dazeddigital.com/artsandculture/article/30453/1/the-all-female-vigilante-bike-gang-taking-over-la

Ibexaz
Jul 23, 2013

The faces he makes while posting are inexcusable! When he writes a post his face is like a troll double checking bones to see if there's any meat left! When I post I look like a peacock softly kissing a rose! Didn't his parents provide him with a posting mirror to practice forums faces growing up?
Been waiting to see the crowd reaction to Rey since he got announced. Hope the pop is as good as I think it will be!

Wapole Languray
Jul 4, 2012

Ibexaz posted:

Been waiting to see the crowd reaction to Rey since he got announced. Hope the pop is as good as I think it will be!

Rey is literally the most famous guy on the entire show, unless it goes horrifically wrong he's going to get crazy heat.

Also, does anybody else see El Dragon Azteca Jr. as Lucha Shaggy?

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Wapole Languray posted:

Rey is literally the most famous guy on the entire show, unless it goes horrifically wrong he's going to get crazy heat.

Thought I had clicked on the Achewood thread I had bookmarked next to this one, so for a second I was picturing a much different Ray :v:

Although, having won the Great Outdoor Fight, Ray Smuckles would probably get mad heat in any fed he showed up in.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Wapole Languray posted:

Could be worse, could be Lucha Scrappy

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Wapole Languray posted:

Having been at the taping, I don't think it's any spoiler to say you don't need to worry about the crowd reaction for Rey. Especially since no one thought he was going to be there.

RZApublican posted:

Thought I had clicked on the Achewood thread I had bookmarked next to this one, so for a second I was picturing a much different Ray :v:

Although, having won the Great Outdoor Fight, Ray Smuckles would probably get mad heat in any fed he showed up in.

StarkRavingMad fucked around with this message at 06:34 on Mar 23, 2016

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Wapole Languray posted:

no.

Jack Evans is Lucha Shaggy

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I am so loving hyped for Aztec Warfare.

This week's lead-in movie is Raw Deal, one of Arnold's forgotten films during his mid-80s run, right in between Commando and Predator. I was planning to watch this the last time El Rey showed it, but personal stuff came up and I never got to the part where Arnold punches/shoots things.

... hopefully there is some good punching/shooting in this, and if there isn't then we'll know why this is one of Arnold's forgotten movies.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Jenny Angel posted:

Speaking of the first Aztec Warfare, as much as it's correct to hate on Matt Striker, his call when Mr. Cisco entered the match well before the other members of the crew has been stuck in my head for the last week or so: "Little cholo's rollin' solo!"

striker's thing has always been that he has a good line once in a while amidst his stream of hyperbole or insider obnoxiousness

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

I never realized how badly I wanted The Great Outdoor Fight: By The Creators of Lucha Underground until right now. And now it is all I want in this world.

Chris DeJoseph, I assume you're reading this: please give me Ramses Luther tearing away Fancy Mark Clancy's entire middle in a flashback segment.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Benne posted:

I am so loving hyped for Aztec Warfare.

This week's lead-in movie is Raw Deal, one of Arnold's forgotten films during his mid-80s run, right in between Commando and Predator. I was planning to watch this the last time El Rey showed it, but personal stuff came up and I never got to the part where Arnold punches/shoots things.

... hopefully there is some good punching/shooting in this, and if there isn't then we'll know why this is one of Arnold's forgotten movies.

It's a good film that builds up to the final act which is all punching and shooting. Also Arnie uses the power of positive thought and calling someone a girly man to cure his paralysis.

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.

RZApublican posted:

El Hijo De Rodney

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
LU just put up an online-only match for the final invitation to Aztec Warfare. Joey Ryan vs. Killshot vs. The Crew.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQwOl-BX8Jc

It's pretty fun.

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Take a look at the masked man
Beating up the wrong guy
Oh man! Wonder if he'll ever know
Chris Benoit killed his family

Benne posted:

LU just put up an online-only match for the final invitation to Aztec Warfare. Joey Ryan vs. Killshot vs. The Crew.

It's pretty fun.

Haha, I like the finish.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
My single favorite commentary moment from the first season so far is in the 10-man match before AW1, Vampiro says something like "This match has me so pumped up. Adrenaline is my favorite drug." I just thought to myself, "I'm pretty sure youve had other favorites, Vamp."

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
Striker: HERE COMES THE ARROW FROM THE DEPTHS OF HELL.

Vampiro: ....I thought you said you were gonna stop taking notes.

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

What are you looking for?
Reminder that El Jefe Dario is on his way back to reclaim his Temple...

...and he's bringing his brother MATANZA with him.

http://i.imgur.com/aEWWq3o.gifv

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Benne posted:

It's pretty fun.

I was wondering what they were going to do with that match -- when it didn't air last week I figured it ended up just being a dark match or something. Yeah, a fun match and Killshot starts to look better this season, you can see in this one he puts some fun poo poo together.

Hyped for tonight! Also Cage is going to be doing an AMA over on Reddit the hour before LU tonight so if you want to learn more about being A MACHINE and can deal with Reddit, there you go.

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...
Was it that quiet of a match in person? The audio mixing seemed a bit different than usual.

And yeah, the finish made me laugh.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

cronox2 posted:

Was it that quiet of a match in person? The audio mixing seemed a bit different than usual.

And yeah, the finish made me laugh.

I think the audio mix was just weird, the commentary tracks sounded like they were put in over it in post instead of part of the live mix and it dampened everything else. I suspect they originally intended that to be a dark match and then decided to slap some commentary on it and post it because it was a fun little match and why not.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Deathlove posted:

I never realized how badly I wanted The Great Outdoor Fight: By The Creators of Lucha Underground until right now. And now it is all I want in this world.

Chris DeJoseph, I assume you're reading this: please give me Ramses Luther tearing away Fancy Mark Clancy's entire middle in a flashback segment.

It's impossible, scientists have confiscated the videotape so they can continue to study the perfect spiral.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

1 hour until AZTEC WARFARE

• Locked thread