Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Peakay
Jun 29, 2013

Stealthy Simian of Trickery

Kashuno posted:

Aurelion Sol Champ Spotlight: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HM520graePQ

God drat the whole stars visible when in brush thing basically means he can't hide in any brush ever.

I think the fact that he can literally fly over all terrain compensates for that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

curiousCat posted:

Sometimes I have hope for the community

that story doesnt give me hope

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
I miss old nid mid with the ridiculous hitbox and insane roam potential. I played that poo poo exclusively from level 6 to 28 and used to run clarity and TP because time spent running to lane was time wasted in my mind.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I miss the ability to play a game due to riot's poopy servers

Hermetic
Sep 7, 2007

by exmarx

Parallel Playa posted:

I would like to go on the record to say that blah_blah started it this time!!

Some people have a lot of rage poisoning their minds. I just click ignore and move on.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Spiros posted:

I miss the ability to play a game due to riot's poopy servers

Someone does not remember the beta times

Maed
Aug 23, 2006

ZenVulgarity posted:

Someone does not remember the beta times

Does the secret code still work?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Tonetta posted:

Lmao at riot barely wanting to pay half of the industry standard for their casters. What happened to this company?

I know this might come off as :tinfoil: but there have been a few international tournaments where Riot didn't intend to bring the OGN casters and ended up doing it after there was a lot of fan outrage. I bet you the EU and NA casters are getting paid like everyone else.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
I just got home why won't riot let me play space dragon

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

rabidsquid posted:

I know this might come off as :tinfoil: but there have been a few international tournaments where Riot didn't intend to bring the OGN casters and ended up doing it after there was a lot of fan outrage. I bet you the EU and NA casters are getting paid like everyone else.

It's probably more of a topic for the competitive thread if you guys want to take it over there. The problem with the whole controversy is basically that the OGN's casting have always been vastly superior to any of Riot's in-house casters and yet Riot somehow thinks they are worth a fraction of the money when they have vastly more talent. It's insulting.

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler

Lady Naga posted:

Both Sol and Jhin are cool and it's nice that Riot is finally trying to inject some personality into their game even though everyone still has incredibly overlong, mumbly lines when they move.

I AM AT MY BEST ONLY DURING THE PERFORMANCE

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

...I'm sorry. I can't seem to remember any of the rest.
LCK games are genuinely more enjoyable and their banter is also top notch

I watched the TSM vs NRG game? today where Phreak went on a tear of law enforcement jokes and I ended up just closing the video in embarassment

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

Maed posted:

Does the secret code still work?

i dont think the interaction is even available anymore

BigLeafyTree
Oct 21, 2010

Phreak should be banned from talking to any humans at work. He's awful.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Libertine posted:

It's probably more of a topic for the competitive thread if you guys want to take it over there. The problem with the whole controversy is basically that the OGN's casting have always been vastly superior to any of Riot's in-house casters and yet Riot somehow thinks they are worth a fraction of the money when they have vastly more talent. It's insulting.

Sitting around talking about video games isn't a real job in our American capitalist utopia.

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream
Is there any actual 3rd party source for the pay of casters or is this just another case of the OGN casters trying to stir up poo poo to get more money?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

No, it's just part of the mega real conspiracy for the OGN casters to squeeze Riot, who keep quiet on the matter for some reason.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

rabidsquid posted:

No the issue is that Riot is still petty as poo poo and they're paying OGN casters 40-70% of what the NA/EU casters are because they're all paid directly by Riot, while OGN are independent contractors.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

Verviticus posted:

i dont think the interaction is even available anymore

Nah I think when they changed the loader to what it is now that killed it

rabidsquid posted:

No, it's just part of the mega real conspiracy for the OGN casters to squeeze Riot, who keep quiet on the matter for some reason.

Probably because it's a landmine kinda issue that no businessperson would wanna step on just yet if I had to guess. The OGN casters are extremely popular, and Reddit is in a big uproar so they're gonna keep mum about it because again, landmine

Now kneejerk opinion before I eventually make friends suffer a game of me playing him: Aurelion Sol will probably be Not Good. I think that swishy star passive thing is a bit too gimmicky, though I could easily see how people will get caught off guard not noticing the little things during a teamfight.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Kneejerk opinion: Irelia's Soul looks like a cool champion, but I also have a post in this thread saying Illaoi is good

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
J4 is good now. I play him top and mid and basically go full AD. Late game, their ADC is dead before the ult animation finishes casting

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Instantly killing a squishier champion as full AD j4 is something he could always do

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
Yes, but now the support standing next to them dies too

Also, there's more flat armor penetration available than ever before

Gropes
Mar 21, 2011

It takes an idiot to do cool things. That's why it's cool.
Enough stuffs changed where the game looks kinda interesting again. Who are the good junglers now and where's a good guide to read how to build them?

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

henkman posted:

Kneejerk opinion: Irelia's Soul looks like a cool champion, but I also have a post in this thread saying Illaoi is good

You and Aelris would get along pretty well I think as the only people in the universe that shared that last thought

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Gropes posted:

Enough stuffs changed where the game looks kinda interesting again. Who are the good junglers now and where's a good guide to read how to build them?

http://champion.gg/statistics/#?sortBy=general.overallPosition&order=ascend&roleSort=Jungle

but a patch just dropped with nerfs targeting a few of these top junglers so ymmw

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Servaetes posted:

You and Aelris would get along pretty well I think as the only people in the universe that shared that last thought

To be fair I based that off of laning against her for 2 games as someone who couldn't easily clear her tentacles, I now know that she's only good in aram

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Servaetes posted:

Aelris is my favorite Texan.

Chumppell
Nov 9, 2007

Servaetes posted:

Also shared with Saint Vicious!!!!

... concerning Illaoi support.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Illaoi could be good if you built a team completely around a zero CC top laner but that will never ever happen especially not in solo queue. She is pretty busted in 3s and aram though!

Aurelion Sol will be good as long as he's not completely bugged; he has hard CC, waveclear, and burst.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Firebert posted:

Illaoi could be good if you built a team completely around a zero CC top laner but that will never ever happen especially not in solo queue. She is pretty busted in 3s and aram though!

Aurelion Sol will be good as long as he's not completely bugged; he has hard CC, waveclear, and burst.

gently caress illaoi on 3s

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
ash lord aurelion sol is the best skin ever until you notice the legs and then its the worst skin ever

Gropes posted:

sion jungle isn't good but it is fun

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
Do we know when the SassDragon is supposed to go live?

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

:confused:

RealFoxy posted:

No the issue is that Riot is still petty as poo poo and they're paying OGN casters 40-70% of what the NA/EU casters are because they're all paid directly by Riot, while OGN are independent contractors.
As far as I can tell, their statement only says they were getting paid less than other freelance casters for other games (Hearthstone, DOTA etc), not that they were getting paid less than Riot's own broadcast team?

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Over a year later I still remember this Jax and his "anti-vayne" build. I just accepted the win

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Hermetic posted:

ranked/normals stuff

I agree, sometimes

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:

Killed By Death posted:

As far as I can tell, their statement only says they were getting paid less than other freelance casters for other games (Hearthstone, DOTA etc), not that they were getting paid less than Riot's own broadcast team?

My impression is that the Riot employees are already paid a competitive salary that they are not, so even if the amount they get for one event is similar, or even if the OGN guys are paid specifically for the event and the Riot casters aren't, there still seems to be very uneven compensation.

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Welcome to the Fantasy Zone!

Get ready!
For the record I stated Illaoi is "fun and serviceable".

That's a far cry from Good.

Super Librarian
Jan 4, 2005

Alris posted:

For the record I stated Illaoi is "fun and serviceable".

That's a far cry from Good.

nuance isn't allowed here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

he said she was perfectly serviceable and she is neither!

• Locked thread