Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Oh god, I just realised something. In the college play Rebecca explicitly sang "Ahab can't you see the whale is a metaphor." She's Ahab, Josh is the whale and the showrunners are geniuses.

We've been secretly watching a version of Moby Dick the whole time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

Air is lava! posted:

Oh god, I just realised something. In the college play Rebecca explicitly sang "Ahab can't you see the whale is a metaphor." She's Ahab, Josh is the whale and the showrunners are geniuses.

We've been secretly watching a version of Moby Dick the whole time.
goddamn you

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

apparently the email inboxes are full of jokes

my favourite part was probably the long discussion about whether greg is hot, with josh unbelieving/alarmed and greg baffled

e: my prediction for the rest of the season based on this ep going back to pushing greg: rebecca moves on from josh, gets involved with greg, josh breaks up with valencia to be with rebecca, season ends in a complete clusterfuck for everyone except darryl and white josh

Phoon fucked around with this message at 12:25 on Mar 24, 2016

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
That episode was very corny but very very good

bowser
Apr 7, 2007

This show has filled the feel-good comedy hole that Parks & Rec left in my heart after it ended. :unsmith:

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
I just wish it was easier to catch up for new people. I just got into the show a few weeks ago and the earliest episode I could find On Demand or online was the one where they went to the beach.

I can get all the songs on YouTube but I'd like to see more of the crazy.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

bowser posted:

This show has filled the feel-good comedy hole that Parks & Rec left in my heart after it ended. :unsmith:

This really sums up what I like about the show.

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien
Daryl's a bothsexual. :3:

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

flashy_mcflash posted:

I can't get this out of my head and neither can you
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlrynHRC0pA

"We're paying out of pocket for cleanings!"

Rachel's 8D faces in this are the absolute best

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"Negotiations were going well. They were very impressed by my hat." -Issaries the Concilliator"
a Bit poor audio but...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BleB2dXtViU

Oh Daryl! :swoon:

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Oh my god.

I hope this show gets 50 seasons.

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

This show is so good. I love everything about it and can't wait to see tomorrow's ep. *happy sigh*

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"Negotiations were going well. They were very impressed by my hat." -Issaries the Concilliator"
This weeks episode features: Heavy boobs

Just linking because, you know heavy ... spoilers for a future episode.
Edit: screw linking...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZx5zfkG6oU

For couple of reasons this seems to be going viral...

Issaries fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Mar 29, 2016

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
Is tonight the finale?

obliriovrons
Jul 18, 2009
There should still be two more episodes after tonight's.

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

GROCERY CLERK WITH HALF AN EYELID :pwn:

Edly
Jun 1, 2007
Paula noooo...this is hard to watch.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
Paula is making me so mad.

It's an interesting direction to take, especially if they continue with it beyond this episode, but it's just so upsetting because Rebecca's doing so good. :(

Edly
Jun 1, 2007
I like that Rebecca was able to turn around her relationship with Valencia in like 3 days after she decided to start being a genuine good person.

Also my favorite line so far, "come on Rebecca, you're not that hideously fat" "aww thank you!"

edit: and the boob lollipops

Edly fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Mar 29, 2016

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe
Can everyone just stop loving everything up please? :(

Edit: There thank you that's all I wanted.

Jamesman fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Mar 29, 2016

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Looking forward to some butterflies getting smashed next week.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Zaggitz posted:

Looking forward to some butterflies getting smashed next week.

2 weeks. :(

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
That was a necessarily awkward episode. Very frustrating to watch, but it needed to be done so we can move onto other things.

Also that boob song was physically painful to watch. When they're dancing and their boobs are just violently bouncing I'm sitting there going oh god no stop it hurts!

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
God that bear was creepy. And Greg is right, Peach Schnaps on the rocks is a terrible drink.

Still a great show. This episode wasn't quite as deep as the previous one, but it was cute. And it really explained a lot about Gregs character.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 09:23 on Mar 29, 2016

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Paula has gone from one of the top 3 characters to literally the worst. Fuckin' let it go already.

Greg's Beck parody was really fun but I wasn't so into the Heavy Boobs song.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Escobarbarian posted:

Paula has gone from one of the top 3 characters to literally the worst. Fuckin' let it go already.

Greg's Beck parody was really fun but I wasn't so into the Heavy Boobs song.

Yeah but in her mind her entire marriage wrapped up in the continuing drama. Makes sense she would keep trying to extend it.

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

my favourite joke was the dusty potato french fry exchange at the end

e: ah gently caress i just realised the shop clerk explaining that she'd be more interested if the dude abandoned the chase and made her come to him is foreshadowing for josh

Phoon fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Mar 29, 2016

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I just finished last week's episode with a friend and this is my reaction to finally getting what looks like Greg/Rebecca

Also hot angry greg talk ruled

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Shut up Paula, enjoying this episode of her drawing out the poison in her life. This is me right now

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

Down with the Grebecca! Lets get back to our true obsession:

In short:

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

youre so broken inside

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

Phoon posted:

youre so broken inside

The situation’s a lot more nuanced that that!

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Bow down to Greg's angry hotness. Man I am a big dumb idiot for all my holding pattern comments.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I am double posting lots but this episode was most excellent, Greg you filth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HayIkHCXTBM

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I really enjoyed that episode. It was a real, genuine step forward for Rebecca and Greg kind of taking a step towards healthiness too. I've been saying all season that Paula is crazier than Rebecca and the real instigator so I enjoyed that whole storyline that not only kind of highlighted that but also gave Paula a sympathetic reason for that she was just worried about losing her connection to Rebecca. And it was cool Rebecca recognized that she had been encouraging/approving Paula's crazy so she didn't really have a lot of room to get mad. And Rebecca making a sincere effort to fix things with Valencia, succeeding, and Valencia kind of growing a little bit from it was nice. I don't know, it was just a really, really healthy episode for Rebecca and that was nice to see on this journey.

I look forward to Rebecca's newfound distance leading to Josh getting jealous and screwing it all up.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Yeah I am glad that they showed Rebecca and Greg grew a lot from their first disastrous attempts, how many episodes left?

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
God I can't wait for the full soundtrack cd.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

EmmyOk posted:

how many episodes left?

Two more. No episode next week, though. :(

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

hopefully we get an episode of greg and rebecca having fun before the poo poo hits the fan in the finale and greg is inevitably obliterated

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Hmm. I'm kind of shocked that they went to Greg so quickly, which I think puts the kibosh on him being endgame.

Which is great, because I really don't like him all that much -- getting with Rebecca just ends up supporting his own superiority complex, and doesn't actually solve his problems. Though he's less intense about it, Rebecca is to Gregg what Josh is (was?) to Rebecca.

• Locked thread