Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Snak posted:

That means we still have:
Musician/Record Producer

Lawyer
Small Business Owner

left for this season.

Did we do High School Homicide yet?

Did you miss the pilot?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Snak posted:

Did we do High School Homicide yet?

Alternately the ever popular "Chloe Decker high school reunion" episode

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I was just kinda pissed because seeing the chemistry between the preacher and Lucifer, I was hoping he'd be added to the cast.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Medullah posted:

Did you miss the pilot?

No, I just barely remember any of the procedural plots because I've seen them all before in Castle/Bones/CSI/iZombie/Raines/John Doe/Life

Did we do X-Treme Sports athlete yet?

edit:

Azhais posted:

Alternately the ever popular "Chloe Decker high school reunion" episode
Yes, there is a good chance these will overlap. Regardless, a highschool episode is guaranteed to have line from Lucifer about how he never went to highschool, although he can certainly see the appeal *checks out cheerleaders*.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Why didn't Lucifer bring awesome preacher dude back to life the same way he did with Chloe?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Maybe he can only save people destined for hell

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Snak posted:

I'm actually wondering if Amenadiel's not as smart as he thinks he is, and when Lucifer sees through his plan to have him killed, he will be able to drat AMENADIEL TO HELL with the full blessing of their Father.

edit: ^ poo poo, you're right, there was an actor there too, thought, right? That's why I got confused? There was definitely stuntman somewhere...

But yeah, so Record Producer is out. Was there a musician/pop star?

The Pop Star got shot in front of Lux, leading him to interrogate the Drug Dealer, the Rap Superstar, the Therapist, and the Actor, whose Actress wife is banging the Limo Driver. Then it turns out it was the Record Producer.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Well maybe they've hit the quota already then.

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
They haven't even done devil worshiping cult that gets it all hilariously wrong.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Yeah I expect that in season 2.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Josh Lyman posted:

This is literally the most ridiculous criticism I've ever seen in TV IV.

This is true, and I still love the show. It was just something that bugged me as I was watching it. If there is something to properly get annoyed at in this show it is nothing to do with the props.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

Snak posted:

Yeah. This last episode was okay, but the case of the week was super boring and predictable and Lucifer's character development is progressing at a snail's pace. This episode had lots of good moments, they were just wrapped in the blandest package.

I actually though all the stuff with Padre Pederast and Lucifer was some great character growth.

I honestly teared up at the end when Luci was playing Stairway to Heaven.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

The music choices in this have all the subtlety of a punch to the face.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

odiv posted:

The music choices in this have all the subtlety of a punch to the face.

It's also somewhat jarring to hear censored radio edits of songs playing in LUX.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

WarLocke posted:

I actually though all the stuff with Padre Pederast and Lucifer was some great character growth.

I honestly teared up at the end when Luci was playing Stairway to Heaven.

Wasn't he playing Knockin' on Heaven's Door?

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Medullah posted:

Wasn't he playing Knockin' on Heaven's Door?

Yes he was, brain fart while posting whee

Yeah, the music is as subtle as a unicorn making GBS threads rainbows, but Lucifer isn't exactly a subtle guy. :haw:

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

WarLocke posted:

Yes he was, brain fart while posting whee

Yeah, the music is as subtle as a unicorn making GBS threads rainbows, but Lucifer isn't exactly a subtle guy. :haw:

Don't worry, Stairway To Heaven will be on eventually.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Medullah posted:

Don't worry, Stairway To Heaven will be on eventually.

Maybe the twist will be that Lucifer becomes a good person by time Amenadiel finally succeeds in killing him, and then he just goes to heaven. While Stairway to Heaven plays.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

A few episodes ago he was playing "king of pain" on the piano. Which is great and all, but I'd somehow never actually heard "King of Pain", and so I was sitting here wondering "Why the gently caress is he playing Wierd Al's King of Suede?".

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

I was just kinda pissed because seeing the chemistry between the preacher and Lucifer, I was hoping he'd be added to the cast.

This. The two of them playing the piano together is the first time I really liked Lucifer as a character.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Shooting Blanks posted:

This. The two of them playing the piano together is the first time I really liked Lucifer as a character.

It also was about the closest they've come to him being like the comic version of him. (which again, doesn't bother me it's different, just pretending it's not based on the comic)

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I also really liked that he played with Chloe at the end.

He's starting to recognize the good in people.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Snak posted:

I also really liked that he played with Chloe at the end.

He's starting to recognize the good in people.

Dramatic voice - "Come now, he's always been able to recognize the good in others, but perhaps now he's recognizing the good in..... HIMSELF!"

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Medullah posted:

Dramatic voice - "Come now, he's always been able to recognize the good in others, but perhaps now he's recognizing the good in..... HIMSELF!"

Except that's not really true. So far, he's been pretty insistent that everyone has at least one sin in their heart, and that it is somewhat defining of their person.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Eventually he'll realise that his true wings are all the friends he's made along the way.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

What will suck is if now Lucifer gets a different priest buddy as a foil.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Shooting Blanks posted:

What will suck is if now Lucifer gets a different priest buddy as a foil.

It would be pretty funny if, in classic "Lucifer misses the point" style, he goes around trying to befriend priests trying to recapture the magic.

Chloe - "Lucifer, you know that not all priests are like Father Frank?"
Lucifer - "Well why shouldn't they be? they all woke up one day and said 'I think I'll become a priest!' I doubt it's the only thing they have in common!"

Linda - "I think you should give people more credit. Two people can choose the same profession for very different reasons"
Lucifer -"Well I suppose that's true. it's not like you and Amenadiel both became shrinks for the same reason..."
Linda - "I'm sorry, who?"
Lucifer - "Dr. Canaan"
Linda - "I see.-"
Lucifer - "...and not all cops became cops for the same reason... got to go, sorry, solved another case!"

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
I'm secretly hoping Father Frank comes back as a ghostly intermediary between Lucifer and a non Amendadiel faction in heaven. Or just on a mission from god, who he's still never talked to but he knows there's got to be a reason his and Lucifer's paths crossed.

FRINGE
May 23, 2003
title stolen for lf posting

Snak posted:

It would be pretty funny if, in classic "Lucifer misses the point" style, he goes around trying to befriend priests trying to recapture the magic.

This is a bad diversion from the original stories.

An archangel as old as creation just cant get these wily hairless apes!

Human motivations should be trivial to him, but that would ruin their low-grade crime drama bullshit.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The "God's plan" stuff definitely clashes with the comic because in that Lucifer's problem with God was the idea of a plan, not his place in it. He actually creates an entirely new universe where he's in charge just to get away from it.

FRINGE
May 23, 2003
title stolen for lf posting

muscles like this? posted:

The "God's plan" stuff definitely clashes with the comic because in that Lucifer's problem with God was the idea of a plan, not his place in it. He actually creates an entirely new universe where he's in charge just to get away from it.
If they had a real budget (and real writer/directors) some of the major scenes would be amazing. The trip to regain his wings, the Mansions of Silence, the expansion of The Word...

Even if they skipped huge swaths of story like the Meleos/The Basanos, and the battles to rule hell, there is so much stuff that could have been great.

Granted they would have had to make Lucifer himself a "huge" character that wasnt always on screen, but with a good cast they could have done it.

For that matter they could have broken it into seasons, one: get the wings, two: the basanos, etc...

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I think the biggest flaw the show has is how there's almost no supernatural elements. You have Lucifer, Maze and Amendadiel and that's it.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

muscles like this? posted:

I think the biggest flaw the show has is how there's almost no supernatural elements. You have Lucifer, Maze and Amendadiel and that's it.

I'm not saying it necessarily will happen, but that's something you've kinda gotta ease into given your audience. Even Person of Interest took a while before it became "Skynet: Modern Day".

If I had to guess, if they do introduce more supernatural elements it will be after Amendadiel is defeated at the end of S1. Right now, everything is stable because God has his plan and he has someone watching over Hell while they try to get Lucifer back. If Hell suddenly becomes open or if God thinks he needs to send other elements, then you'll see a lot more weird stuff.

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

I like the different tones Lucifer takes when saying "detective." It's like a verbal mood ring

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

So I watched Hot Tub Time Machine 2 last night (side note: that movie is loving hilarious) and now I'm tempted to go back and see if the nudie movie Chloe was in was ever named in the show. I know there was that scene with the daughter and DVD box, but IIRC we never actually got a look at the cover.

In my head now I'm imagining Chloe being in the first Hot Tub Time Machine. Just because I find it funny as hell.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

WarLocke posted:

So I watched Hot Tub Time Machine 2 last night (side note: that movie is loving hilarious) and now I'm tempted to go back and see if the nudie movie Chloe was in was ever named in the show. I know there was that scene with the daughter and DVD box, but IIRC we never actually got a look at the cover.

In my head now I'm imagining Chloe being in the first Hot Tub Time Machine. Just because I find it funny as hell.

They named it a bunch of times. It was called Hot Tub High School.

edit: But in my head, yes it was Hot Tub Time Machine, because that's funnier.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
I wondered if Lucifer needed to eat like those pesky humans.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!
Maze and the kid was almost adorable in how flippant it was.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
Awww, Maze.....hopefully your next friend can legally drink.

Though I do wonder if she would actually have let the child drink that Scotch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE
Some amazing Mazikeen moments in that episode.

• Locked thread