Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Verviticus posted:

i dont think the interaction is even available anymore

Typing thereisnourflevel works just fine in the new loader.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

I think there's just a definitely point of no return where a game is absolutely hosed, and people on your team are demoralized to point where they're just farming minions in a sidelane and not trying anymore. That's when you surrender, because you ain't winning with a demoralized team. Especially if the enemy team is deliberately styling on you, because that's just going to tilt you for the next game.

If your team is 0-15 and still actively trying to win, and making the plays they can, and chipping away at the enemy lead, then you should play that poo poo out.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Yeah, I still really need to improve at playing from behind, but I'm not going to force people to keep playing a game that is obviously hopeless. In Bronze though people are sometimes waaaay too quick to surrender.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Methanar posted:

Back by popular demand. Now contains less informational youtube video. Please ignore the rediculous lag.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKRPONoahwc

lol

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
Sassdragon is out!

Safety Scissors
Feb 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Taciturn Tactician posted:

You realise you're basically saying "I don't see why I shouldn't be allowed to make other people do something they don't want to do so that I can do something I want to do" here, right? You can easily reverse it to "I don't see why I shouldn't be allowed to surrender just because someone else never wants to do it"

If you ignore the point about playing from behind then yes.

I wish all the people in favor of surrendering would come out and say the same thing.

Instead they're doing exactly what you're doing with my post. Ignoring all the valid points.

mistaya posted:

If your team is 0-15 and still actively trying to win, and making the plays they can, and chipping away at the enemy lead, then you should play that poo poo out.

To me it sounds like all the people in favor of surrendering don't want to do this because it will take 50 or so minutes. That's my problem.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
Why not just not be behind?

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Safety Scissors posted:

If you ignore the point about playing from behind then yes.

I wish all the people in favor of surrendering would come out and say the same thing.

Instead they're doing exactly what you're doing with my post. Ignoring all the valid points.

To me it sounds like all the people in favor of surrendering don't want to do this because it will take 50 or so minutes. That's my problem.

I'm not "ignoring your valid points", I'm questioning your right to decide what everyone on your team should want. Just because you think it's valuable to learn how to play from behind by playing out the game doesn't mean your teammates' desire not to play out a game no longer counts. Sometimes I don't mind going 0/10 if I feel like it taught me to win next time or how to recover fron a bad lane, but that's not a typical player experience. Sometimes people are tilted and them frustratedly dying five more times isn't going to be fun or informative.

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
help

RYang
Dec 5, 2012
After many educational experiences learning to play from behind in a 4v5 when we're down 20 kills and 9 towers and 3 dragons and 2 inhibitors, I have learned that in that scenario the correct play is in fact to surrender, and not to listen to the Lee Sin who says he can carry if we all just group.

On the other hand, I had a weird game recently where the enemy team surrendered while only down like 2 kills and a tower because, as they explained in postgame chat, they'd "rather lose a 30 minute game than win a 50 minute game." That was pretty dumb.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

you should tell them that if they don't queue up at all they can play a 0 minute game

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

pog boyfriend posted:

mana items are pretty good on singed actually but unless you are going rod of ages there is no particular need to rush them. rod of ages is pretty good on him but it makes him pretty passive. a cool item to get on singed is: iceborn gauntlet, as if you are good you can punch people in midair when you fling them

Yeah I was getting Rod of Ages. http://i.imgur.com/DKwY2Ss.png
I just splitpush the whole game and pretty much just hosed around. Had a hard time with the Illaoi and Hecarim repeatedly smashing my face in but after I got a few items I just kinda snowballed into the annoying piece of poo poo that Singed is.

Coca Koala
Nov 28, 2005

ongoing nowhere
College Slice

Radical posted:

you should tell them that if they don't queue up at all they can win a 0 minute game

I fixed that for you, there's a pretty important distinction you didn't make.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

:allears:

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

There's a difference between "behind" and "20 minutes in the enemy is taking your inhibitor turret while your teammates are running into them one-by-one in an effort to stop them dying every time"

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

lucifirius posted:

Yeah I was getting Rod of Ages. http://i.imgur.com/DKwY2Ss.png
I just splitpush the whole game and pretty much just hosed around. Had a hard time with the Illaoi and Hecarim repeatedly smashing my face in but after I got a few items I just kinda snowballed into the annoying piece of poo poo that Singed is.
you are falling into the trap of basing your itemization around singed passive. your build is one of those theorycrafting potential builds where in the end you say "wow look at all of the synergy!!" but what ends up happening is it takes you so long to do anything with that build since it has no power spikes that you are having a much harder time in lane than you should since every major item you have is another piece of the puzzle and every major item everyone else has is a major item

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

pog boyfriend posted:

you are falling into the trap of basing your itemization around singed passive. your build is one of those theorycrafting potential builds where in the end you say "wow look at all of the synergy!!" but what ends up happening is it takes you so long to do anything with that build since it has no power spikes that you are having a much harder time in lane than you should since every major item you have is another piece of the puzzle and every major item everyone else has is a major item

So Roa into Rylais or the other way around?

SlyFrog
May 16, 2007

What? One name? Who are you, Seal?

Servaetes posted:

Now kneejerk opinion before I eventually make friends suffer a game of me playing him: Aurelion Sol will probably be Not Good. I think that swishy star passive thing is a bit too gimmicky, though I could easily see how people will get caught off guard not noticing the little things during a teamfight.

Coming from Bronzeland, but yeah, I don't get him either. He almost seems like the worst of both worlds. A squishy without burst, that has to position carefully to slowly let something pluck away at targets. Part of it is that it almost feels like he does not have real skills to use. When you think about it, taking away his ult (just because it's not like that is going to get repeated use in lane, etc.), he has one actual independent fighting skill (his Q). Everything else is some equivalent of "go faster or make the stars spin further out."

As you said, I could see him being useful in teamfights, just from floating nearby doing so much passive damage in all the chaos and confusion. But I don't know how much damage he's really going to be able to do, as he is a pretty short/medium range character, and he's going to have to go tank over AP/MP to really have survivability at those ranges.

Maybe I just don't get the "tanky mage" concept. Most of them (Swain, Gallio) seem very underplayed.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

lucifirius posted:

So Roa into Rylais or the other way around?

try out a rylais + zztop core. if you really feel like your tank keeps running empty remember that you rarely need to keep Q running, small puffs will often do.

this is what i've learned from asking singed mains: start dark seal+refillable, get corrupting pot first back, then rush either rylais or zzrot depending on whether you're in one of the hardmode matchups (i.e. for gnar, olaf, graves, etc. you want to rush zzrot), getting boots when you feel they'll come in handy.

Catgirl Al Capone fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Mar 24, 2016

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
build asol as an AP offtank? Rylai's/Liandry's stuff?

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

the dragon champ seems like more of a jungler to me, which is also all i heard about him from the pbe

SlyFrog
May 16, 2007

What? One name? Who are you, Seal?

Zerilan posted:

In Bronze though people are sometimes waaaay too quick to surrender.

The problem in Bronze, however, is that the people who do not want to surrender are the oblivious people who are causing the team to be in a position to consider surrender in the first place.

It's never the 2/4/5 guy who is refusing to surrender. It's always the 1/14/3 Riven who "can still carry this, fuk u, i never vote surrender" who after clicking "No" proceeds to wander into the unwarded jungle alone for no reason for the 30th time that game.

Basically, it's really depressing to not be able to go do something else because the person who you know is causing your team to lose won't loving stop. You then realize that someone who is that oblivious is also not going to stop making the same stupid decisions in game that somehow led to them being 1/14/3, in order to turn it around.

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

Allow me to make this discussion even worse and more unnecessary. What if you could surrender with a 3 - 2 vote? Would that make it more fair? What about 3 - 1 with 1 undecided?

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler

SlyFrog posted:

It's always the 1/14/3 Riven who "can still carry this, fuk u, i never vote surrender" who after clicking "No" proceeds to wander into the unwarded jungle alone for no reason for the 30th time that game.

I call this the YI ZONE

Mostly because Yi players are incredibly guilty of this like always

Edit:

Any champion can enter the YI ZONE

it's kinda similar to vaynespotting except instead of blaming everyone else on the team, they refuse to accept the reality that they fed and insist "my late game guys"

fishception fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Mar 24, 2016

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

d0grent posted:

Allow me to make this discussion even worse and more unnecessary. What if you could surrender with a 3 - 2 vote? Would that make it more fair? What about 3 - 1 with 1 undecided?

I think they should make it so if you don't vote in a surrender vote, you can't vote in the next one.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Kashuno posted:

build asol as an AP offtank? Rylai's/Liandry's stuff?

This is what makes the most sense to me, especially if you're doing the majority of your damage with the stars and the AP ratio is low.

Bliss Authority
Jul 6, 2011

I'm not saying it was witches

but it was witches

His stars apply spell effects. Rylais shot up to my top priority items for him.

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:

Bliss Authority posted:

His stars apply spell effects. Rylais shot up to my top priority items for him.

Yeah, they talk about that specific interaction in the Champ Spotlight (but you have to listen to Phreak for way too many minutes to get to that bit).

I think Echoes --> Sorcs --> Rylais seems like a decent core (as people have said). He has pretty low cds, so I don't think you'd have to itemize much into CDR rather than HP/AP/resists, but I dunno. Maybe swifties for kiting with stars and whatnot, but I guess we'll see.

wodin
Jul 12, 2001

What do you do with a drunken Viking?

Sexpansion posted:

This is what makes the most sense to me, especially if you're doing the majority of your damage with the stars and the AP ratio is low.

Went RoA/Rylai's/Luden's w/Swifties in the game that I played, was very satisfying and fun. I can't imagine playing him without Rylai's, though, so I suspect most pros that are better at mana management than I am will end up rushing that as their first item. And yeah, I can see Liandry's being exceptionally good on him as well, though if you're not building Sorc Boots you're missing out on a lot of the power of the item because of the stacking pen effects.

He has a lot of turn potential when someone jumps on him with Ult into Q-star, and the ult is a LOT of burst because it guarantees the W-empowered star hit from his passive (and typically another one as you kite back). I found that holding my Q to use when poo poo went wrong ended up better than using it offensively because of the passive nature of his damage. That being said, I did 35k damage to champions in a 32 minute game.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

wodin posted:

Went RoA/Rylai's/Luden's w/Swifties in the game that I played, was very satisfying and fun. I can't imagine playing him without Rylai's, though, so I suspect most pros that are better at mana management than I am will end up rushing that as their first item. And yeah, I can see Liandry's being exceptionally good on him as well, though if you're not building Sorc Boots you're missing out on a lot of the power of the item because of the stacking pen effects.

He has a lot of turn potential when someone jumps on him with Ult into Q-star, and the ult is a LOT of burst because it guarantees the W-empowered star hit from his passive (and typically another one as you kite back). I found that holding my Q to use when poo poo went wrong ended up better than using it offensively because of the passive nature of his damage. That being said, I did 35k damage to champions in a 32 minute game.

What champ did you lane against? And was this midlane?

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

a medical mystery posted:

try out a rylais + zztop core. if you really feel like your tank keeps running empty remember that you rarely need to keep Q running, small puffs will often do.

this is what i've learned from asking singed mains: start dark seal+refillable, get corrupting pot first back, then rush either rylais or zzrot depending on whether you're in one of the hardmode matchups (i.e. for gnar, olaf, graves, etc. you want to rush zzrot), getting boots when you feel they'll come in handy.

Yeah I'll try this. Singed is fun to play because you're just running around getting the enemy team to tilt.

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler

foutre posted:

Yeah, they talk about that specific interaction in the Champ Spotlight (but you have to listen to Phreak for way too many minutes to get to that bit).

I think Echoes --> Sorcs --> Rylais seems like a decent core (as people have said). He has pretty low cds, so I don't think you'd have to itemize much into CDR rather than HP/AP/resists, but I dunno. Maybe swifties for kiting with stars and whatnot, but I guess we'll see.

what would you think for runes in the jungle anyways? i heard his balls don't really scale that well off of AP, so i was thinking running mpen reds, armor yellows, magresist blues, movespeed quints, but i'm perfectly fine with switching things

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Does his w have huge scaling or something? If not I can't see why you would ever build him as a full ap champ as your consistent damage source doesn't scale well

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

Kashuno posted:

Does his w have huge scaling or something? If not I can't see why you would ever build him as a full ap champ as your consistent damage source doesn't scale well

Expanded stars have a 45% AP ratio at level 13 when you're maxing out the ability. Which yeah, it's huge scaling considering you can get multiple ones off in a few seconds.

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler

olaf..... is still good

edit:

they had nautilus and rammus on their team

they thought they could just tackle me for fun

they could not

fishception fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Mar 24, 2016

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
why the hell is everyone banning jax

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

because they saw him do well in a game where he had a bunch of kills spoon fed to him and assume jax can do that every game

edit: or the patch accidentally broke him, i can never discount that possibility

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Tired Moritz posted:

why the hell is everyone banning jax

Are you low elo? I see jax bans over literally every other champion in the game

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Radical posted:

because they saw him do well in a game where he had a bunch of kills spoon fed to him and assume jax can do that every game

edit: or the patch accidentally broke him, i can never discount that possibility

I miss the zhonya jax bug

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wodin
Jul 12, 2001

What do you do with a drunken Viking?

Sexpansion posted:

What champ did you lane against? And was this midlane?

Yasuo midlane. General plan was to hit him with at least one passive orb when he went for a last hit, and Q him if he went for infinite E-dash shenanigans to try to get on top of me. Janna also babysat the gently caress out of me in the mid-to-late game, which helped a great deal in enabling the damage/soaking incidental stuff before our frontline was able to zone off.

• Locked thread