Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

DivisionPost posted:

Oh hey look Warner Brothers happened to have this trailer ready in time for their biggest movie of the year

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQR5zsLHbYw

Looks like a drat fine Shane Black buddy action comedy movie that will be good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jewmanji
Dec 28, 2003
Here's a lovely trailer for a terrible lovely idea for a movie called Deepwater Horizon brought to you by the guy who made Lone Survivor, starring Mark Wahlberg as everyone's hero, again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yASbM8M2vg

I can't wait for Wahlberg's garbage Boston Marathon Bombing movie to get the exact same treatment.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

I kinda lost interest when it said that it was based on a true story (I totally didn't remember that disaster). I wanted actual monsters :(

Jewmanji
Dec 28, 2003
You forgot about the largest oil spill of all time, and the worst environmental disaster in US history, which occurred 6 years ago? How?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I'm sorry but I kind of loved that trailer.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

kiimo posted:

I'm sorry but I kind of loved that trailer.

I wouldn't say loved but yeah that was a good trailer for what is probably going to be a bad movie.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Mierenneuker posted:

I kinda lost interest when it said that it was based on a true story (I totally didn't remember that disaster). I wanted actual monsters :(

Also known as the BP oil spill.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Constructing the trailer around the little girl's story is a great way to tell the audience what the movie is about and what the problem was while simultaneously building empathy for a character. Emotionally manipulating, sure, the button at the end was too long, yes, but it was still effective.

edit: my boss called it "laughable" though so :shrug: maybe I'm just a sucker for emotionally manipulating movies.

kiimo fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Mar 23, 2016

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Lady Naga posted:

Yes "somehow" discussion of a super popular movie featuring two of the most iconic characters in American media leak into every thread.

Are you saying that a super popular movie deserves to be in every thread, that doesn't have anything to do with it?

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Jewmanji posted:

Here's a lovely trailer for a terrible lovely idea for a movie called Deepwater Horizon brought to you by the guy who made Lone Survivor, starring Mark Wahlberg as everyone's hero, again.

I can't wait for Wahlberg's garbage Boston Marathon Bombing movie to get the exact same treatment.

This is a really well done trailer, and Lone Survivor was actually pretty solid with a surprising amount of depth. A lot of people discount it but as a film its pretty good and I really liked the ending and how it totally reversed the main characters POV.

bows1 fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Mar 23, 2016

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

Jewmanji posted:

Looks good

Jewmanji
Dec 28, 2003

You're making a critical error. Kate Hudson hasn't been in a good movie in 16 years.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

Jewmanji posted:

You're making a critical error. Kate Hudson hasn't been in a good movie in 16 years.

Neither have I, but I think I could kill it so u never know

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Hat Thoughts posted:

Hm? i think maybe ur misreading it, way i read it was that he's saying that people sometimes would prefer movie and television to allow them to be passive in the sense that (Critically acclaimed/award winning comedy) The Big Bang Theory does, in that it guides you on how to feel about everything and doesn't involve any emotional involvement or effort on the part of the viewer to actually, uhh, interface(?) with it.

To the point of actively resisting the idea that movies either could or should be read.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Jewmanji posted:

You forgot about the largest oil spill of all time, and the worst environmental disaster in US history, which occurred 6 years ago? How?

Also it had politicians saying they wanted to use a NUCLEAR BOMB in the gulf to try to stop it! HOW CAN YOU FORGET THAT?

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05brif7POMQ

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Well I am going to have one happy mom.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Jewmanji posted:

That's funny, the movie will absolutely be garbage...but that trailer is kind of cool. This thread is weird.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

bows1 posted:

Are you saying that a super popular movie deserves to be in every thread, that doesn't have anything to do with it?

People are allowed to talk about whatever they want, wherever they want.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

I can't deal with that Deepwater Horizon trailer. The entire thing is unnecessarily handheld cam. Just set it down on a tripod ffs

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

effectual posted:

Also it had politicians saying they wanted to use a NUCLEAR BOMB in the gulf to try to stop it! HOW CAN YOU FORGET THAT?

Nuking New Orleans would be a net positive, tbf.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Byzantine posted:

As a lifelong resident of New Orleans, I can confirm this.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro

PBS Newshour posted:

Well I am going to have one happy mom.

There's really no better way to describe a new Bridget Jones trailer drop. You nailed it.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Hollismason posted:

Looks like a drat fine Shane Black buddy action comedy movie that will be good.

Black is awesome at that whole buddy-action thing - speaking of, he's working on an apparent continuation/reimagining of Predator:

http://screenrant.com/predator-2018-shane-black-event-film/

First one still holds up, I'm interested in seeing how another with Shane at the helm will work out :)

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Deakul posted:

Well, uh, yeah? That's the point of having a bunch of characters in a character driven movie.
We're expected to care about them in some way.

Almost no one in MoS gave us a reason to care about them, am I wrong for wanting a reason to care about a character instead of just "they're a living person"?

superman movies arent character driven in the traditional sense

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Byzantine posted:

Whatever you say, Grand Wizard.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Byzantine posted:

No way.

Now I want some char-grilled oysters and a martini from Royal House and to sit out on that scarily slanted porch.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

PBS Newshour posted:

Also known as the BP oil spill.

Okay, I really just failed about connecting the dots there :shobon:

Obviously I remember that modern day Exxon Valdez.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

A grimdark black dark film trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBJyp2LFHgk

Drakhoran
Oct 21, 2012

Now that looks like a fun movie.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

I would watch a Batman v Superman in that format and I would love every second of it.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I didn't like the second half of the trailer too much (the part of the trailer that was the actual trailer) but I liked Lego Movie a whole lot, so I'm sure this will be good.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

I hope this plays before Batman versus Superman.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

It's gonna.

FoneBone
Oct 24, 2004
stupid, stupid rat creatures

A real trailer. Dark, brooding, important, groundbreaking.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Please play up the whole "Batman is a spoiled trust fund 1%er" throughout the whole movie. I love it.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
I loved Batman in the Lego Movie but I fear he's going to be one of those situations where he works far better as a side character in a bigger film than as the main character, kinda like Ian Malcolm from Jurassic Park. Also Lord and Miller are only producers and not the directors/writers. I want it to be good but it worries me.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Febreeze posted:

I loved Batman in the Lego Movie but I fear he's going to be one of those situations where he works far better as a side character in a bigger film than as the main character, kinda like Ian Malcolm from Jurassic Park. Also Lord and Miller are only producers and not the directors/writers. I want it to be good but it worries me.

I get the same feeling. I mean I'm sure it'll be good, but when they immediately halted work on The Lego Movie 2 to do a Batman movie it felt like they were jumping the gun a bit.

But yeah it'll still be pretty funny.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

Day 1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

QuoProQuid posted:

I hope this plays before Batman versus Superman.

I think it was in fact attached to it. It arrived the same day to theaters as BvS, at least.

kiimo posted:

Please play up the whole "Batman is a spoiled trust fund 1%er" throughout the whole movie. I love it.

Between this and BvS, I enjoy this new era of taking a piss out of Batman.

• Locked thread