Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

The kana reads only Omegamon Alter-B, not Zwart, which doesn't stop it being probably based on the latter. Furthermore, its special move is "Grey Cannon and Garuru Sword", an opposite to Omegamon's own weapons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I don't personally care for the World 1 style, but I wouldn't call it or its sequels "bad" by any stretch of the imagination. They're simply a different style that doesn't necessarily appeal to everyone.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!
Digimon All-Star Ruble for PS3 is on sale for the weekend for $3 digital

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/digimon-all-star-rumble/cid=UP0700-NPUB31513_00-DIGIMONASGB00000

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
They are objectively poorly designed games.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Sure.

Anyway Omegamon Alter-B looks super neat.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
These are digimons available in Next Order compared to Cyber Sleuth (blatanly stolen from Neogaf)

Baby levels. It appears Baby 2 Digimons that didnt made from Cyber Sleuth are Yokomon, Wanyamon and Pagumon. Strangely Biyomons baby forms are only Adventure babies that didnt make it. Otherwise it was replaced with known Guilmon's, Lopmon's and Terriermon's baby forms.

Rookie

Added
+shoutmon
+gumdramon
+psychemon
+tsukaimon
+snowgumon
+clearagumon
+toyagumon black
+snowgoburimon
+auraumon
+shamamon

Didnt made from Cyber Sleuth
-armadimon
-impmon
-elecmon
-otamamon
-gazimon
-kudamon
-syakomon
-falcomon
-betamon
-hawkmon
-lalamon
-dorumon

Adult:
Added:
Arresterdramon
BomberNanimon
Growmon (Orange)
Guardromon (Gold)
Gururumon
Hyougamon
Icemon
Kyuubimon (Silver)
Maicoomon
OmegaShoutmon
Pidmon
Red Vegimon
Red V-dramon
Saberdramon
Turuiemon
Youkomon

Removed:
Ankylomon
Aquilamon
Bakemon
Clockmon
Cyclomon
DORUgamon
Gekomon
GeoGreymon
KaratsukiNumemon
Peckmon
Reppamon
Starmon
Sunflowmon
Tankmon
Waspmon
Yukidarumon

Perfect:
Added:
Agnimon
Atlur Kabuterimon (Blue)
Black MegaloGrowmon
Doumon
MegaloGrowmon (Orange)
Taomon (Silver)
Waru Seadramon

Removed:
Andromon
Black King Numemon
Cannonbeemon
Cyberdramon
Death Meramon
Digitamamon
DORUguremon
Jureimon
Knightmon
Lilamon
Piccolomon
Pumpmon
RizeGreymon
Shakkoumon
Silphymon
Super Starmon
TonosamaGekomon
Tylinmon
Vademon
Whamon
Wisemon
Yatagaramon

Ultimate:
Added:
Armagemon
Dukemon Crimson Mode
Jijimon
Omegamon Zwart D
Susanoomon

Removed:
Beelzebumon Blast Mode
Boltmon
Cherubimon (Vice)
Chaosmon
Darkdramon
Dianamon
Duftmon Leopard Mode
Ebemon
Hi Andromon
Lotusmon
MarinAngemon
Minervamon
Mirage Gaogamon Burst Mode
Piemon
Pinochimon
Plesiomon
Prince Mamemon
Ravmon
Ravmon Burst Mode
Rosemon Burst Mode
Saber Leomon
ShineGreymon Burst Mode
Valkyrimon

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Man. Lotta the recolors in this one :/

Emong
May 31, 2011

perpair to be annihilated

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Removed:
Chaosmon
Darkdramon
Mirage Gaogamon Burst Mode
Ravmon Burst Mode
Rosemon Burst Mode
ShineGreymon Burst Mode
Valkyrimon

Huh, I was sure that these were patched into Cyber Sleuth because they were reusing assets from Next Order.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Wow, lots of cool Digimon were removed for a bunch of recolours. The near-complete removal of the Savers Agumon line is the weirdest thing there though, considering they went as far as adding Agnimon, Shoutmon and Gumdramon who seemed to have no chance of getting into any game ever.

It's a pretty lame list, to be honest.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Hah they made OmegaShoutmon a Champion. That's cold.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Rudoku posted:

Hah they made OmegaShoutmon a Champion. That's cold.

OmegaShoutmon has been treated as Adult-class since soon after his introduction.

Anyway, the more likely scenario is that the CS update comes from Digimon Linkz, whose gameplay and design is already utilizing Cyber Sleuth assets.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Okay, I found this presumed summary about Next Order' Plot.

Omegamon Alter-B is a modified version of the Executor, Omegamon Zwart D (Defeat). Whom is an Omegamon infected by the BH Program (Analogman's curse). This particular Omegamon was this world's (DW1's) guardian and such. the RK or similar beings don't exist here.

Alter-B was based on an improved version of the BH Program meant to enable him to consume all the data in the Digital World

Shouma's AR plan (who is in fact, possesed by Analogman) consists in destroying the Digital World and consume the resultant energy, giving Omegamon Alter-B the power to create a Big Bang to destroy the "unique Zone", the place where all the worlds's doors converge in the Digimon multiverse. By achieving this all the worlds would destroy each other, releasing energy that Shouta would then use to recreate the multiverse at Analogman's whims: The Advanced Realm

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

So Rosemon's sacrifice was totally in vain, Analogman is still at large despite how he should be confined forever. That's really depressing.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

These are digimons available in Next Order compared to Cyber Sleuth (blatanly stolen from Neogaf)

What a garbage list. Why are the even removing Digimon in the first place? I can't imagine Next Order is so big a game that Digimon need to be removed to make room on the PS Vita card.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

TaurusOxford posted:

What a garbage list. Why are the even removing Digimon in the first place? I can't imagine Next Order is so big a game that Digimon need to be removed to make room on the PS Vita card.

Next Order isn't a sequel to Cyber Sleuth, I'm not sure why that list was important. They're probably being handled by different teams with different formats, so they're not just cross compatible. Making recolors is cheaper than making full models, and these models need to be animated to do a lot more overall than in Cyber Sleuth.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Blaze Dragon posted:

So Rosemon's sacrifice was totally in vain, Analogman is still at large despite how he should be confined forever. That's really depressing.

Well, it seems Shouta somehow found Analogman's data while trying to find a way to hack his V-pet into something able to defeat Next-Order's protagonist in a Digimon Tournament. The guy started tampering with it and got himself possesed.

For what is worth, it has passed a considerable amount of time since the original Digimon World. Hiro (nicknamed here "Mameo" due the Mamemon pin on his hat) is the protagonist's teacher.

TaurusOxford posted:

Next Order is an open world game and every area it has contains a ton of more elements compared to Cyber Sleuth's, plus as Reiten pointed out, the Digimon models have a lot more animations and thus, the whole thing is more demanding for the Vita.

You can see some of it here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKVW9FZGhIA

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

I'm about halfway through Digimon World 3 and Renamon has ended up being my main physical attacker and Agumon turned out to be a blaster mage :psyboom:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Sales numbers are out and Next Order ranked second in sales with 64k copies sold according to MC and 52k copies according to Famitsu.

The game did opened lower than CS that sold 76k copies according to MC (53k per Famitsu) on its first week. Still, not a bad outcome, I'm really looking forward for the game being localized.

Man, its music is AWESOME AS HELL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpgMYpvPKso

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
Maybe we'll be even luckier and they'll skip it.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

No matter the quality of the series, I can't hate a game with a rad remix of Machinedramon Battle. I prefer the original, but this one's cool as hell too.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/Digisoulweb/status/712719766646104065

It seems The Kaiser is just identified as "Mysterious man"

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

That's... interesting.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
And this guy totally isn't Dr. Wily

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

They specifically call him Ken Ichijoui in the episode.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Covok posted:

They specifically call him Ken Ichijoui in the episode.

Nobody said otherwise, but it is really weird that a magazine refuses to call him the Digimon Kaiser in spite of clearly being the Kaiser again, instead going with this weirdly generic "mysterious man" name. He might not be back as the Kaiser, or who knows.

I seriously hope we get more of this in Confession, seriously. Determination just left us with questions, which is really cool but I want answers too!

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

So I guess this means Imperialdramon is coming back sooner than expected and taking Kimeramon's place. Kind of a shame, I like his dragon form a lot better.

Geostomp fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Mar 24, 2016

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
I wonder if next Anniversary we will get a sequel to Tamers.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Covok posted:

I wonder if next Anniversary we will get a sequel to Tamers.

If Tri makes enough money, I don't see why it wouldn't. Personally I'd love to see another movie in the vein of X-Evolution, just Digimon, no humans.

Did I said already how much I LOVE Next Order's music?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mLUCUgxoi4

:swoon:

Covok
May 27, 2013

Personally, I would prefer less movies like X-Evolution. I just can't relate to just digimon, ya know? The humans add in a human perspective that I can view the events of the story through. Without them, it just feels hard to get into: even with how cute Dorumon was, I just couldn't root for him because he was just some wolf creature, ya know? Tai, Davis, Takato, etc. and the other kids give me something relatable to latch onto.

Though, I'm curious if I could latch onto them as a relatable eye if they were a new batch of kids. When I was 6 or 7, it was easy to empathize with their problems and want them to see them succeed. Nostalgia allows me to do it to them in the anniversary. I wonder if, if it was a new batch of kids, I wouldn't be able to root for them, ya know?

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

X-Evolution was hard for me to get into because it was ugly as sin and also not very good at all.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Covok posted:

Personally, I would prefer less movies like X-Evolution. I just can't relate to just digimon, ya know? The humans add in a human perspective that I can view the events of the story through. Without them, it just feels hard to get into: even with how cute Dorumon was, I just couldn't root for him because he was just some wolf creature, ya know? Tai, Davis, Takato, etc. and the other kids give me something relatable to latch onto.

Though, I'm curious if I could latch onto them as a relatable eye if they were a new batch of kids. When I was 6 or 7, it was easy to empathize with their problems and want them to see them succeed. Nostalgia allows me to do it to them in the anniversary. I wonder if, if it was a new batch of kids, I wouldn't be able to root for them, ya know?

It's pretty easy to want characters in a cartoon to grow and succeed I think.

Philosopher King
Oct 25, 2006
So i just saw the first episode of digimon tri yesterday and holy poo poo what a trainwreck. The story was pointless and slow and boring. I would care nothing about these characters if not for my childhood attachment. The music seemed to go on forever.

I know the monsters are a huge part of the show but without them these characters are poo poo. Is this worth pursuing? Does it get better? Or does it stay garbage?

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

the trainwreck meme

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Philosopher King posted:

So i just saw the first episode of digimon tri yesterday and holy poo poo what a trainwreck. The story was pointless and slow and boring. I would care nothing about these characters if not for my childhood attachment. The music seemed to go on forever.

I know the monsters are a huge part of the show but without them these characters are poo poo. Is this worth pursuing? Does it get better? Or does it stay garbage?

Did you watch just the first episode? Or the entire first block?

Tri was released as feature length movies in Japan, which are getting cut up into episode-sized chunks for the U.S. Subbed release; which completely fucks with the pacing.

Philosopher King
Oct 25, 2006
First episode, but i would have walked out of the movie by now

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Philosopher King posted:

First episode, but i would have walked out of the movie by now

Finish up the first film's worth at least. It's a slow start, but it picks up as you go.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Who the hell would walk out of a 2 hour movie 20 minutes in?

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

mikeycp posted:

Something Awful forums user Philosopher King

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
If you don't care about the original Digidestined as characters from anything more than a nostalgia point of view, Tri may not be for you. It's much more about them and their interactions with each other and how they deal with being tasked to save two worlds multiple times than it is about their tiny monsters becoming giant cyborg dinosaurs and fighting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

mikeycp posted:

Any sane person who wound up at a showing of Underworld Evolution.