Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
Or just play BD with classic weapons. That way it just feels like Doom but a bit snappier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
dont play any of those, IMO

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Or just play classic doom as Romero intended because its good as-is and don't need no newfangled WADs!

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Zaphod42 posted:

Or just play classic doom as Romero intended because its good as-is and don't need no newfangled WADs!

Already did that and now I'm playing newfangled WADs because modding is cool gently caress you dad.

Though Going Down and MSX might not have been the smartest combination...

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Mordja posted:

Already did that and now I'm playing newfangled WADs because modding is cool gently caress you dad.

Though Going Down and MSX might not have been the smartest combination...

Haha, going down rules but I wouldn't mix it with anything. The levels are so well designed, any other wads would just throw it off-kilter.

But you go nuts!

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Zaphod42 posted:

Haha, going down rules but I wouldn't mix it with anything. The levels are so well designed, any other wads would just throw it off-kilter.

But you go nuts!

The problem with MSX specifically is that all the enemies move and shoot like they're on cocaine which doesn't mesh well with the way GD spawns its hell hordes under the assumption that you'll have enough time to navigate the level to deal with them in smaller groups.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
If I could run Doom with Project Brutality, Brutal Doom, Demonsteele, Samsara, Reelism, and Stronghold all at the same time I would never have to purchase another game again.

420 play all Doom mods erryday

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
Closed beta is up for alpha players.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

ChickenHeart posted:

If I could run Doom with Project Brutality, Brutal Doom, Demonsteele, Samsara, Reelism, and Stronghold all at the same time I would never have to purchase another game again.

Brutal doom and reelism? does that even work? :v:

I definitely use Samsara whenever I co-op doom.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Neo Helbeast posted:

Closed beta is up for alpha players.
Wait what? How do you access it?

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
I think I only play brutal doom for the mechanics. The actual gore gets pretty dull.

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5av2v0dKcCg

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

ChickenHeart posted:

I've been playing Project Brutality with Scythe and it's pretty dang fun. Firing the sawed off with the offhand while holding a chainsaw is awesome groovy

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

Xenomrph posted:

Wait what? How do you access it?

Redownload the alpha launcher.

E; Servers just went offline again.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack
Beta isn't supposed to start until the 31st, so I figure that was a mistake.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Wow

Its the 2016 version of "Romero's gonna make you his bitch" lol

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
I feel the sudden urge to rush out and buy some Brawndo now.

marijuanamancer
Sep 11, 2001

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
that doom tc w the waves of dudes is ok

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

i kinda love this

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

can someone make a new actual doom game.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Zaphod42 posted:

Wow

I think you might be stretching a little bit.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack

Groovelord Neato posted:

can someone make a new actual doom game.

This is that.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
Gzdoom with beautiful doom is probably my most played combination, I like Brutal Doom but it ain't the same game really. All beautiful doom does is add more animation frames to everything and changes the explosions to Duke Nukem 3d's.

edit: I should add this is before the author went all retarded and copied brutal doom. The later versions of beautiful doom added all that gore and dreck needlessly.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

Zaphod42 posted:

Wow

This had a lot more in common with those "doom is for the whole family" ads from a few pages ago than that

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

AirRaid posted:

This is that.

lol no

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

No this is the new doom game, we're all talking about it in here. You might be confused though since bbg has been calling it retard 4.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

poptart_fairy posted:

I think you might be stretching a little bit.

2016 is less XTREME and edgy than the 90s were :cheeky:

But yeah it won't make any of the cultural impact that Daikatana's marketing did.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

echronorian posted:

No this is the new doom game, we're all talking about it in here. You might be confused though since bbg has been calling it retard 4.

Who's BBG? I only see a retard 4

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

dogstile posted:

Who's BBG? I only see a retard 4

Turn your monitor on

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

haha

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

echronorian posted:

it's called doom but it aint doom. his name is fitting for it.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Groovelord Neato posted:

it's called doom but it aint doom. his name is fitting for it.
How exactly is it not doom?

Have you played it?
I played the alpha and it was pretty drat fun and sure felt like an old school FPS.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
It got its name for a reason

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
If you want a realistic, best-case scenario of what Doom 4 (Retard 4) will be like, Shadow Warrior is $4 today on Steam. Which is a somewhat boring arena-to-arena wave shooter polished to the max with a decent story. The guns would probably be better in Doom 4 (Retard 4) though.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Shadow Warrior could've stood to have a new game+ with the maxed out end game sword, though :(

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Retard 4 posted:

It got its name for a reason
But the only thing with the name Retard 4 is you???? :confused:

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
I cant wait to shoot demons and slam dews with my bros. this uac facility is dangerous. dangerously cheesy

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

I'm really glad we have a thread full of experts on what is or isn't doom

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Doom is a state of mind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert

Jia posted: