Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
Wouldn't both of those be off limits as part of WoW's "no copyrighted characters" rule?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Did I misread all the signs?
The first episode of UNHhhh is up and it is everything I wanted. Except for not being like 5 hours long.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSwY31GMqY0

Miss Nomer
May 7, 2007
Saving the world in a thong

Bina posted:

I love that Kim chi wasn't fazed at ALL by Betty's dickery. I love that Kim is such a wonderful friend, and you can see that right here:

Trixie's makeup is perfect. I wouldn't want the greatest makeup artist to look any different.

Programmable Soda
Aug 8, 2008

criscodisco posted:

Wouldn't both of those be off limits as part of WoW's "no copyrighted characters" rule?

Not if she pulls a Ben de la Creme and just presents them using their real names.

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.

Miss Nomer posted:

Trixie's makeup is perfect. I wouldn't want the greatest makeup artist to look any different.

Agreed.

I am so happy right now :3:

CHiRAL fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Mar 25, 2016

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay

graynull posted:

The first episode of UNHhhh is up and it is everything I wanted. Except for not being like 5 hours long.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSwY31GMqY0

Oh my god, Karen from Finance is probably the best drag name I've EVER heard. That's phenomenal.

I'm so glad these two finally got a show, I could watch them talk for hours. Watching Katya crack up always gets me.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Programmable Soda posted:

Not if she pulls a Ben de la Creme and just presents them using their real names.

Or Stacy in season 3.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

I'm rewatching season 4 with my fiancee (this time with Untucked, which we didn't watch on our first time through) and we just got to the episode where Willam gets disqualified. My memory was that Phi Phi had pretty much destroyed Sharon and Sharon would have gone home if not for the DQ, but watching it a second time I'm not so sure. Phi Phi lost her shoes and her wig (I hate both of those things) and Sharon was much better than I remembered. Has anyone else watched it recently? Also, I forgot how much I liked Dida Ritz, and goddamn is Chad Michaels the most mature and professional queen in the history of the show or what?

Also the episode sent me into a rabbit hole of figuring out why Willam actually left which was a good way to spend a half hour.

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

The Berzerker posted:

Has anyone else watched it recently?

Just rewatched it for the heck of it and drat it was just as whisker-close as I remember it. I personally think Sharon would have won it if Ru didn't flat out pull a double save, which they deserved (and essentially got), Phi Phi overdid it just a tad as you mentioned but it would have been a real shame for either to go.

EDIT: Also we've ALL spent YEARS wondering WTF really happened, Willam is an enigma wrapped in a freakin' mystery :psyduck:

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.
I'm fairly sure the explanation I've seen most recently was that he was going off script too much, and the producers didn't care when it was just him, but then he tried convincing others to do it and they didn't like that.
Then again, Willam's book is coming out soon and he supposedly put in exactly what happened, so it may also not be that.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Pretty sure they would never have put them in the bottom two if they didn't know they were getting rid of Willam. It probably would've been Chad and Dida in the bottom with Dida going home.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

gandlethorpe posted:

Pretty sure they would never have put them in the bottom two if they didn't know they were getting rid of Willam. It probably would've been Chad and Dida in the bottom with Dida going home.

Yeah, Willam has claimed he knew he was going that day.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
He was juicing. It's the only thing that explains his increase in batting average and HRs and I'm thinking about someone else, aren't i?

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

curiousTerminal posted:

Then again, Willam's book is coming out soon and he supposedly put in exactly what happened, so it may also not be that.

Yup. His NDA expires soon, so that's when the book is coming out.

There have been all sorts of rumors, ranging from he snuck his husband into his hotel room to smoking pot during the competition.

I feel like when it's finally revealed, it's going to be something completely underwhelming.

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

Did the other contestants know what Willam did? From the Untucked of that same episode, it always seemed like they did since Phi Phi was very irate over Willam having "broken" the rules. And Chad seemed to defend Willam at the time.

seizure later
Apr 18, 2007
http://www.chron.com/entertainment/tv/article/Cynthia-Lee-Fontaine-gets-revealing-after-Drag-6992595.php

An article with Cynthia Lee. Revealed she was diagnosed with liver cancer after elimination, and the first person to fly out and look after her was Acid Betty.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
There's so many stories abut What Willam Did that it's hard to keep track at this point - he was signed up to be in the Jeresy Shore Musical and had to leave by a certain date, saw that the competition was rigged and unsafe, was brought in as a ringer, etc. etc. Interesting to see what he goes with in the book.

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib
I have a feeling that after all this time it's going to be kinda anticlimactic

What's going on with all stars 2?

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

This isn't Middle Earth, Quentin. There aren't enough noble quests to go around.

angerbeet posted:

There's so many stories abut What Willam Did that it's hard to keep track at this point - he was signed up to be in the Jeresy Shore Musical and had to leave by a certain date, saw that the competition was rigged and unsafe, was brought in as a ringer, etc. etc. Interesting to see what he goes with in the book.

The only one that I have heard is that he snuck his husband into the hotel for :huh: and then was asked to leave the show. I really hope there's more to it than that, at least that he was fed up with the rigged nature of the show, or kept going off script, because that's so bland. I expect more drama from Willam.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

big black turnout posted:

I have a feeling that after all this time it's going to be kinda anticlimactic

What's going on with all stars 2?

Reddit found out the cast, and some elimination drama a while back and it's airing in the fall I guess

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.

Mouse Dresser posted:

The only one that I have heard is that he snuck his husband into the hotel for :huh: and then was asked to leave the show. I really hope there's more to it than that, at least that he was fed up with the rigged nature of the show, or kept going off script, because that's so bland. I expect more drama from Willam.

That's the official version they had him recite at the finale.
Personally I've researched this quite a bit and am looking forward to seeing which parts were true. I've heard a particularly juicy rumor about Rhea Litre spilling the tea about Willam having an affair with one of the producers.

The few details Willam kinda confirmed make it sound like he was breaking every minor rule he could to gtfo of there (openly stealing things off set, ignoring orders from drama mongering producers etc.).
Funnily enough, the weed mentioned earlier was from Latrice and Mother Dust. It doesn't seem like that had any consequences as far as the production goes.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Watched episode 3 again and man that Empire parody was so hit or miss. There's nothing, nothing more awkward than a queen trying to tell a joke without actually getting the joke and it's something that happens over and over again every season.

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Did I misread all the signs?
I'm always a little thrown off when WIllam talks both about his husband and having sex with a bunch of other guys. I mean I understand an open relationship and if it works for them that's great, but it always strikes my ear funny. Also never sure how much is true and how much is exaggeration for his persona.

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef

Yodzilla posted:

Watched episode 3 again and man that Empire parody was so hit or miss. There's nothing, nothing more awkward than a queen trying to tell a joke without actually getting the joke and it's something that happens over and over again every season.

Completely worth it for "Hey cookie girls. [Cough] Aw, drat. I'm dying."

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

CaptainScraps posted:

A huge part of me is praying that Derrick Barry says that he'll do Willam instead of Britney. It'd be a great choice and he has the chin.

That would bump Derrick up in my estimation considerably. Even the attempt, however lovely, would be amazing.

SlaveToTheGrinds
Apr 3, 2010
Why didn't anyone tell me Pandora had a podcast. It's serious lull time or just bad guest time for everything I listen to and this is a bright shining gem right now. He randomly posted it on Facebook a couple days ago and it's been going for like six months. It's nothing ground breaking just a lot of fun conversation with comedians and drag queens but yay this just makes me too happy.

http://ubnradio.com/artists/the-pandora-boxx-show/

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

angerbeet posted:

Reddit found out the cast, and some elimination drama a while back and it's airing in the fall I guess

Where can I find out the cast? I looked the other day and couldn't. Can someone spoiler it or PM it to me or something?

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

The Berzerker posted:

Where can I find out the cast? I looked the other day and couldn't. Can someone spoiler it or PM it to me or something?

One of the queens broke up with this guy he was dating shortly after filming ended, and as revenge, the bitter ex spilled all the details online. So, this is likely accurate.

The Cast:

Alaska
Katya
Roxxxy
Detox
Tatianna
Coco
Alyssa
Ginger
Phi-phi
Adore

The season's twist:
The Winner each week gets to choose who goes home, from the bottom 2.

Early outs:
Coco is the first to go home. Apparently Adore walked off set and quit second.

Top 3:
Alaska, Detox, and Katya

Nihonniboku fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Mar 27, 2016

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Yeah that was some messy instagram breakup bullshit

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Nihonniboku posted:

Top 3:
Alaska, Detox, and Katya
I am both comfortable and uncomfortable with this. That's one hell of a tough decision to make.

spite house
Apr 28, 2009

Nihonniboku posted:

Top 3:
Alaska, Detox, and Katya
Unfortunately, since one of these is the one with the bitter loudmouth ex, she's probably screwed. :(

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

spite house posted:

Unfortunately, since one of these is the one with the bitter loudmouth ex, she's probably screwed. :(

Which one?

spite house
Apr 28, 2009

Sorry, Alaska.

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

spite house posted:

Sorry, Alaska.

Thanks! Sorry, I know I could have googled it but I am totally incapable of not looking at spoilers once they're in front of me and I didn't want anything else spoiled while I was looking around haha

Golbez
Oct 9, 2002

1 2 3!
If you want to take a shot at me get in line, line
1 2 3!
Baby, I've had all my shots and I'm fine

spite house posted:

Sorry, Alaska.

Does that make Sharon the ex??

spite house
Apr 28, 2009

Golbez posted:

Does that make Sharon the ex??
No, just some hacked-off rebound nobody. Really poor form.

tranten
Jan 14, 2003

^pube

Just wanna say thanks for keeping up the spoiler tags everyone. I wanted to know who the cast was, but beyond that I don't want anything else spoiled.

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

T-minus 1 hour, 26 minutes.

I am obsessed.

Watrick
Mar 15, 2007

C:enter:###
No mini-challenge this week?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fresh Like Zafo
May 31, 2012

I want 'walk into the room purse first' to be a thing now. That was funny.

• Locked thread