Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

i would do tabletop night

this is a russian blogger's cat

Happy Sisyphus fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Mar 26, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Check out these cats from russia too.

They get big over there.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Wrecked Angle posted:

Found some secret revised Star Trader board art...

lmao

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

GabrielMobius posted:

Hell that's what I did.

And I found out Eonwe and I apparently share weird mirror-universe apartments and cattes?

yea

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

Google Butt posted:

lmao what pieces of poo poo

Love how most of your posts seem to go along really well with your avatar!

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA

Happy Sisyphus posted:

i would do tabletop night

same tbh

as would my catte, who hangs around when I play game with my regular tabletop group

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
lol this is even funnier than Tim Buckley and the Abby saga.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
I Googled "Star Traders" Kickstarter and found this on the page of results: Star Traders Kickstarter and "borrowed" assets | BoardGameGeek

Berious
Nov 13, 2005
I'm glad goons have ruined another CIG related scam game

Wonder if we'll ever see the Sandi cutout again

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

Solomonic posted:

same tbh

as would my catte, who hangs around when I play game with my regular tabletop group

i am always blown away by the pets in this thread

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Berious posted:

I'm glad goons have ruined another CIG related scam game

Wonder if we'll ever see the Sandi cutout again

her strangely small, ineffectual legs will carry her away from this scandal on borrowed, uh, shins

Happy Sisyphus posted:

i am always blown away by the pets in this thread

don't give him too much credit he tried to bite me to get my chicken breast this afternoon, he is a chicanerous beast

Nebiros
Apr 25, 2013

The scarf is nice.

Risc1911 posted:

Chris is from TopGun, they even stole the name: Maverick

Keep going Commando 09, you're about 100 posts off from the real source. It's even funnier than you think.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:
I'd love to be a fly on the wall or the dick on Ladyman's head during this expose. I wonder if scuttling the entire project is even a possible course of action for the fellow. :allears:

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Mr.Tophat posted:

I'd love to be a fly on the wall or the dick on Ladyman's head during this expose. I wonder if scuttling the entire project is even a possible course of action for the fellow. :allears:

lol, the images are plastered all over CIG and associated with them

hell, Chris even wrote a thing

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

You just have to love how Star Citizen taints everything it touches.

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

Wise Learned Man posted:

Even though this stuff was for that boardgame (Sandi standee notwithstanding), this Archer fella was right at home with CIG. Let us not forget the the CitizenCon poster that they sold in which the original Hilton hotel name and logo were still visible under the paintover, or the privateer character concept which uses the likeness of the dude from The Rules of Attraction:

i'm the totally not concealed hold-out pistol

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?
Star Traders background story - prologue from manual.

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of Light, it was the season of Darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair, we had everything before us, we had nothing before us, we were all going direct to Heaven, we were all going direct the other way – in short, the period was so far like the present period, that some of its noisiest authorities insisted on its being received, for good or for evil, in the superlative degree of comparison only.

Similarities are to be expected.

runsamok
Jan 12, 2011

Catte, fond of board games & anything she can bat around with her paws being highly inconvenient.

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

is theres anything original in this picture?
is the background original?

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

runsamok posted:

Catte, fond of board games & anything she can bat around with her paws being highly inconvenient.

:3: omg... we used to have a maine coon just like her, named Bowie for his eyes. Such a good cat, but he had some medical problems we couldn't handle so we gave him to a vet who wanted him and could take care of him better than us.

white cats are so pretty

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Also, I learned how to kind of edit gifs thanks to this thread so I fixed one of the ships.

Now it's game ready

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Dark Off posted:

Artman invented that specific shade of blue, so I'd say they are clear from a legal standpoint

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Lime Tonics posted:

Also, I learned how to kind of edit gifs thanks to this thread so I fixed one of the ships.

Now it's game ready

You're awesome and this is awesome.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8LV9hIGbno&t=1332s

Ryan is an excellent artist

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

You guys

Their box art

I can't even

edit: the red planet is from the same image but i can't make a lovely mspaint to prove that because i'm laughing too hard

Prop Wash fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Mar 26, 2016

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Lime Tonics posted:

Now it's game ready

:lol:

stinch
Nov 21, 2013
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0Bwr6mmyAKP5WZjF5UmgzU0ZUeGM&usp=sharing#list

Bet if you went through all those monthly jump point newsletters you could find loads more traced artwork.

From the March edition. No idea if it's copied but it's crap for sure.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Dark Off posted:

I don't even know what original is at this point. Everything's stolen from everything else to the point that I'm almost ready to believe David Braben ripped off Croberts to create Elite.

runsamok
Jan 12, 2011

A Spider Covets posted:

:3: omg... we used to have a maine coon just like her, named Bowie for his eyes. Such a good cat, but he had some medical problems we couldn't handle so we gave him to a vet who wanted him and could take care of him better than us.

white cats are so pretty

One of the reasons I got my cat from a reputable breeder was I wanted one that was healthy while still being freaky. Her parents were both tested for the genetic markers for HCM (which killed my last big fuzzball) & she's even had her hearing tested as a kitten.

Knowing my kitty won't die of a broken heart (& breaking mine in the process) was well worth the hassle & cost of getting her imported. Plus I rest assured she can hear me, but just disregards it because she's too good to stoop to acknowledging me.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Haskell9 posted:

And they say goons can't be helpful.

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/17396/star-citizen-game-audio/p17

who is the best pony samizdata

The one made into Sashimi? I got nothin'...

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Prop Wash posted:

You guys

Their box art

I can't even

I like how he just hosed it up a bit with a spray paint brush or whatever then called it a day. Ripping something off then making it lovely is like a double insult to the actual artist.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Prop Wash posted:

You guys

Their box art

I can't even

Is there anything for which we can report this to Kickstarter?

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Mirificus posted:

Is there anything for which we can report this to Kickstarter?

You have to be the copyright holder. So the best you can do is report it to them and they have to take action.

Within 24 hours on a Saturday.

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

GabrielMobius posted:

:laffo: It's never-ending, isn't it?

It's never ending and the way everyone on here just takes it and runs with it is amazing.

Within 10 mins of every new fuckup there's artwork produced, songs written, cattes, troll reports, and all of it is loving hilarious. I've never seen anything like it.

How can you manage to gently caress up a kickstarter for a board game? Get CIG involved.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

runsamok posted:

One of the reasons I got my cat from a reputable breeder was I wanted one that was healthy while still being freaky. Her parents were both tested for the genetic markers for HCM (which killed my last big fuzzball) & she's even had her hearing tested as a kitten.

Knowing my kitty won't die of a broken heart (& breaking mine in the process) was well worth the hassle & cost of getting her imported. Plus I rest assured she can hear me, but just disregards it because she's too good to stoop to acknowledging me.

that makes sense. we never figured out what was wrong with Bowie, but I think maybe he either just didn't like our apartment (we have since got a house) or was allergic to something in the area. after he moved with the vet he was fine and even won some awards at shows.

we wound up going to another breeder after that tho and got Bear and Spice, since we had two cats pass before getting Bowie, who we had to give up. they are assholes but we love them.

related to current thread topic I can't believe they actually copied the background for the pic too LOL. i mean i should believe it, given what we've seen before, but holy cow. literally no aspect of the art is original

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Lime Tonics posted:

Now it's game ready

Triple A +

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

As you guys point out more stolen work, I am posting it straight to the guy. No response yet aside from the initial 'temporary' stuff , but I'll be damned if I don't give this guy every scrap of evidence that the work his artist produces is 'very very appropriate to what we're doing'

Wrecked Angle
May 12, 2012

"JURASSIC PARK!"

I was going to make a joke about Ladyman interviewing Ladyman but I don't think it's appropriate.

Oops I just did?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Wrecked Angle posted:

I was going to make a joke about Ladyman interviewing Ladyman but I don't think it's appropriate.

Oops I just did?

Get hosed.

• Locked thread