Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Everydamnbody fightin' in IceHogs/Monsters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

CBJSprague24 posted:

Everydamnbody fightin' in IceHogs/Monsters.

You may have seen me on TV. I was the guy working the clock down between the penalty boxes tonight. That was not a fun 3rd period to keep track of.

Also, #22 Labrie on Rockford got a Match penalty, which I am pretty sure was for kicking at #77 Anderson (LEM) after the fight was broken up.

e: http://theahl.com/stats/official-game-report.php?game_id=1015657

Not sure if this is correct or not, because the website that is used to update all this broke after the game ended.

Hockles fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Mar 26, 2016

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

fits posted:

go oil kings

try not to get swept in the first round

up 2-0 after two road games in brandon :toot: i guess i should go to some games

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Hockles posted:

You may have seen me on TV. I was the guy working the clock down between the penalty boxes tonight. That was not a fun 3rd period to keep track of.

Also, #22 Labrie on Rockford got a Match penalty, which I am pretty sure was for kicking at #77 Anderson (LEM) after the fight was broken up.

Not sure if this is correct or not, because the website that is used to update all this broke after the game ended.

God bless the minor leagues :allears:

I remember walking out of a Walleye game after a near line brawl broke out with 20 seconds left. PA guy giving the standard announcements "shots on goal for the 3rd Period, Toledo had 12 for a game total of..' and so on and so forth. Then...

"Penalty minutes are incomplete, they're still being added up."

Perfect.

E: It was against Evansville. Look at this great poo poo

DJExile fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Mar 26, 2016

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Hockles posted:

Nice. I probably did, but didn't know to look. Tell them to put more games on TV (e- FOX Sports Ohio).

DJExile posted:

God bless the minor leagues :allears:

I remember walking out of a Walleye game after a near line brawl broke out with 20 seconds left. PA guy giving the standard announcements "shots on goal for the 3rd Period, Toledo had 12 for a game total of..' and so on and so forth. Then...

"Penalty minutes are incomplete, they're still being added up."

Perfect.

E: It was against Evansville. Look at this great poo poo

One of the last Dayton Bombers games I got to go to featured the same three players fighting three times in the same game. Think it was against Wheeling.

The last game I did get to go to was after a class. I walked up to the window like 7-8 minutes into the first with my wallet out to buy a ticket and the guy just waved me in.

I miss the Bombers. The Nutter Center was kinda janky and smelled like a Cinnabon, but it was charming, cheap, fun, and semi-pro. :(

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

It's kind of amazing that the Monsters are on FSO at all considering all the time taken by cavs/blue jackets.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Doctor Butts posted:

It's kind of amazing that the Monsters are on FSO at all considering all the time taken by cavs/blue jackets.

SportsTime Ohio would be (and is) an option, as the only live sports they have are the Indians.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

I think STO just got bought by the Fox Sports network too. It's basically FS-Ohio2 now, or is about to be.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

STO's been FOX property for a while. FOX cancelled Pro Wrestling Ohio soon after the change, the world's most delightful(ly awful) local indie wrestling promotion, because it was too low-brow.

Looks like it was the very end of 2012 when it happened.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

SONOFABITCH that was wonderful programming :argh:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Walleye lock up the ECHL north division :toot:

RussianBear
Sep 14, 2003

I am become death, the destroyer of worlds
Minor league hockey fans are just as tough as hockey players.

5-year-old San Antonio Rampage fan hit by puck in head, rushed to ER, still returns to game

quote:

AT&T Center paramedics advised the Evans that James’ cuts would require stitches, so they took him to Children's Hospital of San Antonio, where he was only worried about one thing.

“He told the doctor ‘Can you hurry so I can go back to the game,” David Evans said.

The moment inspired Evans to make light of the situation with a meme using a photo of James on a stretcher, surrounded by pucks, captioned: “I don’t always take a puck to the head and get 3 staples… but when I do I tell the doctor to hurry so I can get back to see the Rampage win.”

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
Fronts up 5-0 in the 2nd. They're actually gonna do it.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Hand Knit posted:

Fronts up 5-0 in the 2nd. They're actually gonna do it.

They blew the sweep with that hilarious OT loss though.

Barrie on the other hand is struggling like hell to contain the powerhouse known as Mississauga. :negative:

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Furnaceface posted:

They blew the sweep with that hilarious OT loss though.

Barrie on the other hand is struggling like hell to contain the powerhouse known as Mississauga. :negative:

All the more the legend, then.

e: oh man, during the intermission they're shakily talking about "oh I hope it's not another Peterborough." Everyone associated with this organization is permanently shook.

Hand Knit fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Apr 2, 2016

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

Kingston did it.

The Frontenacs actually did it.

NomChompsky
Sep 17, 2008

Was at the Wolves/Monsters game tonight. It was a good and fun game but man the wolves need to figure some poo poo out. A lot of them are straight up lazy and this dumping/chasing technique they're employing literally every time they get the puck is boring as hell.

I better not see this poo poo when I come back next season wolves! :argh:

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
marlies tied an ahl record with eight different goalies recording a win for them this season :psyduck:

plus Kasimir Kaskisuo tonight

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

DJExile posted:

SONOFABITCH that was wonderful programming :argh:

PWO? Yeah. :(

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
C'mon Kaskisuo!

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

gently caress COREY PERRY posted:

Kingston did it.

The Frontenacs actually did it.

I don't know what emotion I'm supposed to be feeling right now.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Hand Knit posted:

Relief.

And fear that they find new more depressing ways to throw it all away.

Basically how Colts fans feel every year. :smith::hf::smith:

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
The Saint John Sea Dogs are a good and cool Qmjhl hockey club. Wanna see another Memorial banner.

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

This hotdog is about as real as your story Steve Simmons

I think I know how Montreal fans feel. WBS signed a goalie on a PTO, Donatelli refused to play him, so they released him. Jarry had a bad night (because he hasn't had a night off since February) and Donatelli put Foster in for the third. He gave up a goal because he is unable to play the puck. Tom Sestito is getting more minutes than actual good hockey players. More grinders.

On the bright side I think I will only have to buy 2 playoff tickets.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Lake Erie clinches thanks to a win and help (I don't know what the scenarios were & am too tired to look).

Might have to take a road trip to Cleveland...

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

CBJSprague24 posted:

Lake Erie clinches thanks to a win and help (I don't know what the scenarios were & am too tired to look).

please knock out GR quickly so they don't call up any of toledo's guys, thanks

E: Today's clinching scenarios in the AHL

quote:

Hershey clinches a playoff berth on Sunday with:
(a) a point at Providence

Wilkes-Barre/Scranton clinches a playoff berth on Sunday with:
(a) a win vs. Portland

Utica clinches a playoff berth on Sunday with:
(a) a regulation win vs. Syracuse AND a Rochester loss (reg/OT/SO) vs. Grand Rapids

Grand Rapids clinches a playoff berth on Sunday with:
(a) a win at Rochester

San Diego clinches a playoff berth on Sunday with:
(a) a win vs. Stockton

Toronto clinches the North Division title on Sunday with:
(a) an Albany regulation loss vs. Binghamton

DJExile fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Apr 3, 2016

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

DJExile posted:

please knock out GR quickly so they don't call up any of toledo's guys, thanks

Actually just knock out Grand Rapids because gently caress Grand Rapids.

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

This hotdog is about as real as your story Steve Simmons

WBS needs 2 points to clinch. Donatelli is going to coach them out of a playoff spot.

goldrush
Sep 27, 2005

~~~No Worries~~~
Victoria downed Spokane tonight, will face winner of Kelowna/Kamloops series. Props to the Chiefs for playing a tougher series than a lot of people anticipated.

Hopefully Hicketts will be back for the Royals in round 2. They need him if they want to get to the finals.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...
It's too bad that we extended the series just so we could get murdered on home ice. It was still a good series so I can't say I'm too upset about it.

Best of luck the Royals. :respek:

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Hand Knit posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NykqVnQylw

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

CBJSprague24 posted:

They were 4 points away the other day. It was almost but not quite inevitable.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Doctor Butts posted:

They were 4 points away the other day. It was almost but not quite inevitable.

Yeah, it's been pretty clear MIL/GR/RFD/LE would be in for a few weeks now and the rest of the season would just be for determining seeding.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Canada vs USA gold medal game in the women's world championship is real good so far. Going into the third tied 0-0. It's on TSN3, idk what else.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Pleads posted:

Canada vs USA gold medal game in the women's world championship is real good so far. Going into the third tied 0-0. It's on TSN3, idk what else.

What a loving goalie duel, jesus christ. That was amazing. :swoon:

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Barrie is going to lose to loving Mississauga because their goalie got hot and the Colts cant stop taking dumb penalties.

Im never going to see this team play in the Memorial Cup again. :smith:

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
4 Maritime teams into the quarter finals in the Q. Unfortunately Saint John will have to stomp Cape Breton on to the next stage.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Furnaceface posted:

Barrie is going to lose to loving Mississauga because their goalie got hot and the Colts cant stop taking dumb penalties.

Im never going to see this team play in the Memorial Cup again. :smith:

Barrie scores 5 in the third to win it.

Kingston - Niagara
Barrie - North Bay

Erie - Soo
London - Kitchener

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Hand Knit posted:

Kingston - Niagara
Barrie - North Bay

Erie - Soo
London - Kitchener

That was a crazy third period. They shelled that goalie until stuff finally started squeaking through. That series was way too stressful to be a first round match up.

Go Colts and Fronts and Rangers. :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...

Hand Knit posted:

Kingston - Niagara
Barrie - North Bay

Erie - Soo
London - Kitchener

Haha, Sarnia made that huge trade only to get booted out in the first round. :laugh:

• Locked thread