Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Albu-quirky Guy
Nov 8, 2005

Still stuck in the Land of Entrapment

Leavemywife posted:

I'd do an update today, but my wedding reception is today, so don't expect it. Maybe tomorrow, even though it's Easter.

In any case, Happy Easter, everyone!

Happy Easter, and congratulations on getting married! Although, given your username, maybe that's not the best idea?

Edit for next page

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Holy poo poo congrats.

Also, in the future, please do not let a little thing like your marriage ceremony interfere too much with your LP postings.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Folks, Leave married like a month ago. The reception is apparently a separate event.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
It was separate, since our wedding was just a little courthouse ceremony.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Update Fourteen: Holy Christ, I'm Glad I Didn't Screenshot That poo poo

Welcome back! Last time, on Secret of Evermore, we discovered that something is amiss in Antiqua, something with Sacred Dogs and their eyes. Today, we're going to hit the next city and I have a video for the important stuff there. When you see it, you'll understand.

Get used to seeing this. This next section is crossing a desert.

But, hey, here's an oasis. Those are kind of rare around here, but scattered to and fro.

And that's a skeleton in a row boat.

That's a hell of a lot better than jogging across the desert.

Uh...I have no idea what that is. Sounds cool, though.

Dammit. I wonder if we can fool him.

Yeah, sure. If not, we'll owe you one.

Hrm. Guess he's not that much of a bonehead.

Well, that's alright. We've got a new formula to pick up, anyways. We head northeast.

Yes, that's a tumbleweed. Well, no, it isn't. It's a Tumble Weed, and it's an enemy.

They have 60 HP, and give 50 EXP and 40 Jewels.

Let's toss out Crush.

Enemies are moving around a lot and making it hard to get a good .gif of Crush. One day, I promise!

But, yes, it is a big ol' gently caress-off stone fist coming down to Crush some poor jerk.

There are also Bone Buzzards around here.

They don't take being Crushed very well. This isn't straight Crush, though. It's had a few levels put onto it, since I loaded the wrong state after crossing the desert, so I had to recross it.

Reaching this first oasis is a good sign. When you reach here, head straight north.

If you're wondering, I'm not Poisoned from the spiders; seeing as how it's a desert, it's very hot and we're being roasted.

It's quite a jog through the desert. It's actually very, very big, like far larger than it should be. It's fairly easy to get lost and just wander around aimlessly.

And, of course, there's a hidden formula around here. Why wouldn't there be?

Eh, they're not too bad. Tossing a spear through their eyes really takes the fight out of them.

I'm...I'm not even sure why you want to do that. Or why you're hanging out here, in the middle of nowhere.

Our new formula is Sting, and it takes an ingredient we haven't acquired yet; Vinegar is one of the rarer ingredients in the entire game, and it'll be a little bit before we acquire any.

But once we do, we now have a formula that throws loving bees at enemies. I mean, that's like a genuine fear for tons of people, and now we can just throw bees at them?

The second charge level of the spear is pretty great. I've killed three enemies at once in this desert, which i satisfying in ways I can't properly describe.

Before we head inside, and you can see the stone entrance at the top of the shot, there's something I discovered by accident.

At a certain spot outside of the entrance, you'll find this whirlpool.

It takes a little while before anything starts happening.

Thankfully, we don't hurl. I can hardly stand that noise and I don't like seeing it, either.

Eventually, we're sucked down into the sands.

And dragged over here and spat out.

Now, what did this do for us?

I don't have a shot of it, but it gave us 99 Rice and Spice.

Now, that doesn't sound like anything really useful, right? They're only trade items.

And here, in Nobilia, we're at the local bazaar, and there's a huge series of trades we can do here.

Normally, we'd have to gather all sorts of supplies here, including tons of Rice and Spice, but finding those out in the desert was a huge boon.

:ducksiren:Now, it'd be boring as a motherfucker to display all that in screenshots. Instead, I made a boring, 11 minute video, showing it if you'd like.:ducksiren:

Items Gained

Now, inside this market, if you watched the video (or at least skimmed part of it), you'll see that we gained a ton of items. The items we gained were

Centurion Cape
Centurion Helm
Bronze Gloves
Armor Polish (increases the defensive power of your armor)
Jade Disk (increases hit rate)
Moxa Stick (increases the strength of healing alchemy)
Ruby Heart (lowers enemy hit rate)
Sun Stone (increases attack)

At the end of that video, we were called to the square for some sort of meeting. As we're RPG heroes, that relates to us.

...Sacred Dog? That's our dog!

I mean, Zach's great and all, but I dunno if he has sacred status.

I...I don't know if I like where this is going.

Alright, there's quite a crowd here, so maybe we won't be picked.

Pick the old guy! Let's see how he fares against whoever is in there. Or whatever.

...Oh, you son of a bitch.

If nothing else, at least Zach's back.

Who else here has a dog? Seriously, York?

Though, he's figured out his role in this world.

Tiny, if you didn't watch the video, threw a gigantic rock pretty much into the ionosphere. He was jealous of our ability to Levitate us. Or wanted to show how strong he was.

I think we could take him. At least drop a stone fist on him.

And we don't even have a choice. Then again, look at his muscles. I wouldn't piss around with that.

And we get thrown into jail. Or at least the pit before we're killed in the Coliseum.

...I think you're underestimating us, Tiny. I mean, it's not like we're fighting you.

(yes, I know we can kick his rear end; I just like Tiny, is all)

Pompolonius? What's up?

Nice to meet you outside of a villainous setting.

No, no, no mistake. Zach picked us out.

This part is true. We're more like jungle adventurers, who occasionally throw down with evil twins and destroy magma monsters.

...drat, your logic is impenetrable!

Guess we'll have to do more than fight.

We're going to have to win. :getin:

Yes, please. Keep a record of when some weirdo with an out-of-water life jacket and a pointy stick defeated your Coliseum champion.

He'll do his part to get us out. He's certainly badass enough to handle things on his own.

Now, yeah, all of that sounds really bad, sure. But we've got

...Oh, hell. Alright, we have to come up with some sort of game plan here.

I'm gonna need at least some sort of Easter meal before I've got that figured out.

Stay tuned!

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.
Does the game even try to justify that massive stockpile of trade goods in the bottom of the invisible sand whirlpool?

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
Yeah, no you can't take on Tiny. He'd just throw you into orbit. Not even Crush can beat his muscles (though there is an Alchemy Formula that can match them!)

Now that we've got some, Relics are one of the things that aren't quite implemented right in the game. Turns out that the flags don't get set properly so only a few of them actually have any effect! Because you've already got those effects on you all the time :v:
The only one that I know off the top of my head that is set up properly is the Moxa Stick. It does work as advertised.

Really the big things to snag during this segment is the armor (for a good/bad reason Leave will show off next time) and a few higher-end tradeables as a completionist time saver. It's pretty neat on paper although as usual the execution leaves something to be desired.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

I said earlier this was my favorite section of the game, and the part I remember most clearly. On the negative side of things there's the desert. God, what is it with video games and lovely, boring desert sections? Christ. On the positive side, there's everything else.

"Yes. Tiny likes irony." *flex*
The joke with his name may be played out, but I always get a kick out of Tiny's dialogue. Also, the twist with the dog picking you out of the crowd amuses me to this day.

Now, the market... waaay back in the day when I played this on the SNES (without knowing about the cache under the sand whirlpool, mind) it took me 3 tries to 'clear' the market. As you can see from the video, you're actually under an invisible timer to explore. Plenty of time IF you know what you're doing in advance. Otherwise you'll be need to be very fast, or very lucky to make up the difference. I was neither, so I brute forced it by drawing out a diagram of the whole area including what everyone wanted to barter. There's no penalty for failing to acquire the items but its the principle, dammit.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
No lie, this complex chain trading clusterfuck was one of my favorite parts of the game. Finding out that most of those relics actually did jack poo poo is seriously depressing. :smith:

MagusofStars
Mar 31, 2012

DoubleNegative posted:

Does the game even try to justify that massive stockpile of trade goods in the bottom of the invisible sand whirlpool?
No. There's also absolutely no way to know it's there - it doesn't trigger the dog's senses or anything. Frankly, if not for the fact they put in dialogue for it, I'd almost write it off as one of those shortcuts they put in to help beta testers but forget to remove later.

That said, you CAN still do the trading game quite effectively without it. You basically buy Rice with jewels, trade it for Spice, then buy a bunch more rice.

Rangpur posted:

Now, the market... waaay back in the day when I played this on the SNES (without knowing about the cache under the sand whirlpool, mind) it took me 3 tries to 'clear' the market. As you can see from the video, you're actually under an invisible timer to explore. Plenty of time IF you know what you're doing in advance. Otherwise you'll be need to be very fast, or very lucky to make up the difference. I was neither, so I brute forced it by drawing out a diagram of the whole area including what everyone wanted to barter. There's no penalty for failing to acquire the items but its the principle, dammit.

It's worth noting that if you don't know exactly what you're doing, it's actually quite tough to get everything within the time limit. So if you're doing the normal "oh poo poo, what is there", you're best off just focusing on a couple items you really want and making sure you get those. The Moxa Stick (as one of the few relics that works properly!) is a good choice, along with a couple pieces of armor.

Also worth noting that being a used-car-salesman to the Amulets of Annihilation guy (30 bags of rice per? hell no, how about you give me THREE for one bag of rice?) actually has consequences as the guy later refuses to sell to you. Given that rice is easy to come by and the amulets are fairly useful, it's not a bad idea to just suck it up and pay full price a couple times to get a small stockpile of them.

Also, Leave, you should make sure to search the prep room in the arena (i.e., the room you're in at end of update) before you go out of it. There's actually some pretty decent stuff there IIRC.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Now, vinegar for Sting makes kinda sense again. Vinegar is a mixture of water and acetic acid. Ants and stinging nettles sting people with formic acid, which is chemically similar to acetic acid.

I'm sure that if you were to stick a vinegar-soaked needle into someone, it'd sting quite a bit. Mixing it with water does weaken the effect, though.

MaskedHuzzah
Mar 26, 2009

Come now! Look me in the eye and tell me - isn't this the face of a guy you can trust?
Lipstick Apathy
There's also the man waaaay back at Crustacea who's willing to just sell you an Amulet of Annihilation, too... for 10,000 Jewels. I think he stops offering after Nobilia. He does offer a free gift if you buy it, however.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

It's worth noting that one of the actual strongest men in the world goes by Tiny, so maybe the joke isn't as played out as you think.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I like that the little musical riff that plays when you're cutting through that building to get to the inaccessible part of the market has just enough time to do something melodically interesting before you're out the other end.

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

gently caress that market, it was a pain in the rear end to try and get everything before the gladiator fight, and now I discover most of the relics don't even work properly, oh well, it was fun running around trying to figure who trades what for what though, like a big scavenger hunt.

wafflemoose fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Mar 27, 2016

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

ultrafilter posted:

It's worth noting that one of the actual strongest men in the world goes by Tiny, so maybe the joke isn't as played out as you think.

The ironic nickname is totally a staple of the nickname modus operandi. It's how I wound up with Brewski (tweaked when I decided to use it as an actual webname). If a nickname isn't a dumb joke or embarrassing moment, it isn't a proper nickname.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

Bruceski posted:

The ironic nickname is totally a staple of the nickname modus operandi. It's how I wound up with Brewski (tweaked when I decided to use it as an actual webname). If a nickname isn't a dumb joke or embarrassing moment, it isn't a proper nickname.

like bald men getting called Curly.

I tried playing this game years ago, but mazes annoy me and I just could not find myself interested enough in the protagonist's B-movie obsession to care... doesn't help they picked some really boring quotes to start with.

ModeWondershot
Dec 30, 2014

Portu-geezer
Of note in that market sequence, in a sort of "blink and you'll miss it" moment necessitated by the pace Leave had to keep for that video, is the zany street prophet who is aware that he's in a video game. The menu options "Goat; Chicken; Basket" represented the player's option of using the menu to turn him into another sprite. Refusing to do so means that he will give you the highest tier of body armour that you don't already have, and is the only way to get the Centurion Cape without trading away a relic that you can't get back.

The market sequence rules as it's a sort of compressed version of the occasionally game-long trading sidequest in the vein of the one red paperclip, but it can be done in minutes if you know what you are doing. Getting the early Centurion Cape will also have interesting effects down the road.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
There are bug fix patches that fix all these items, of course.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
I get my fun here. Enjoy!
Congrats on getting married, Leave. Welcome to the club.

I liked the market too, just frustrating enough to be interesting and gives you some good armor if you do it right. The desert is a slog, but not as bad as BOF3's. That one has tougher monsters and bosses and... :cop: Ok, I'll get back to this game.

Sting was an awesome formula for me back when I had this game. At the time I just saw that one Simpsons episode where Homer tells Mr. Burns- "You gonna unleash the dogs? Or the bees? Or the dogs with bees in their mouths so when they bark they shoot bees at you?" Getting to do two out of three of these on your enemies ain't bad. :) Looking forward to the .gif.

"All I got is a femur, a claw, and a stick."

Don't forget your dog, and alchemy. Sweet beautiful alchemy. :q:

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I remember the bazaar. I also remember my Nintendo Power going over what you need to do to get everything! Minus the whirlpool trick... I don't think I ever found that out. Though there is an infinite bead trick in this world if I remember correctly.

This game had an oddly dark tone with the soundtrack. There were a lot of weirdly action RPGs in this age...

Galick
Nov 26, 2011

Why does Khajiit have to go to prison this time?
I was never actually able to beat this next part as a kid :smith:

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
Those centurions at the side of the statue remind me of a constipated Bobby Moynihan. I can't believe I forgot the gladiator's name is Vigor, too. I didn't notice until around FFVII just how absurd some jRPG names are, and being a dumb 11 year old, I blamed it on new school games, but nope, it's been silly since the beginning.

Austin S
Jul 2, 2005

GunnerJ posted:

No lie, this complex chain trading clusterfuck was one of my favorite parts of the game. Finding out that most of those relics actually did jack poo poo is seriously depressing. :smith:

Seconding this.

There's a couple things you missed, Leave. The first, like the desert, simply wouldn't work with screenshots, and is counter-productive while trading for everything you want. Still, it's hilarious when you taunt the chickens.

Rangpur posted:

(You will also know The Best buff spell when you see it. Not the most effective, because that's Speed, I'm talking the Best one.)

That small building you kept dashing through to access the tablet and scarab merchants? Follow the spider.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Austin S posted:

Seconding this.

There's a couple things you missed, Leave. The first, like the desert, simply wouldn't work with screenshots, and is counter-productive while trading for everything you want. Still, it's hilarious when you taunt the chickens.

That small building you kept dashing through to access the tablet and scarab merchants? Follow the spider.

:negative:

You're not the first to point this out to me. My behind-the-scenes guide already yelled at me for that.

A Pleasant Hug
Dec 30, 2007

...It's the thought that counts, right?

Leavemywife posted:

:negative:

You're not the first to point this out to me. My behind-the-scenes guide already yelled at me for that.
And then you yelled at me for yelling at you about it!

...whoops, spoilers
its me, i'm the spirit-guide for the LP :ghost:

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Maybe you guys will discover the truth behind the Legendary Hidden Alchemy Merchant.

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

We can dance if we want to,
we can leave Marle behind.
'Cause your fiends don't dance,
and if they don't dance,
they'll get a Robo Fist of mine.

Seiren posted:

...whoops, spoilers

It's a trap you can never escape, fyi.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Seiren posted:

...whoops, spoilers

Explosionface posted:

It's a trap you can never escape, fyi.

Seiren, be glad I don't know of any sprite editing or .gif skills you have. Just ask Explosionface how many requests for things he gets.

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

We can dance if we want to,
we can leave Marle behind.
'Cause your fiends don't dance,
and if they don't dance,
they'll get a Robo Fist of mine.

Leavemywife posted:

Seiren, be glad I don't know of any sprite editing or .gif skills you have. Just ask Explosionface how many requests for things he gets.

And just for this thread, even!

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Say, Leave, what's your secret? How can I get my own crew of people doing things for my LP?

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Carbon dioxide posted:

Say, Leave, what's your secret? How can I get my own crew of people doing things for my LP?

Persistent begging.

And once they do one thing, don't let up.

Broken Box
Jan 29, 2009

I rather like the market even if the charms are fairly minimal in their effect. The Moxa Stick is definitely noticeable, at least, especially if you're going for a no alchemy run. There's also one more charm you can get here that has a visible effect as well. I think the trade sequence would have been better received if there wasn't a time limit the first time you're there, people get anxious trying to figure it all out in time, instead of taking the time to appreciate the detail that went into it. The main thing to remember before the Coliseum fight is the only thing you're in a rush to do is trade to get up to the second tier of armor; nothing else you'll want to get is time dependent, so you can get it all after. It's a lot more enjoyable that way, and gives you the time to find the other charm if you are so inclined.

edit: oh and Sting! Sting would be the goon-favorite formula for its animation alone, if only it had more convenient ingredients and more casts. And also wasn't hidden in a dumb hard-to-find-without-a-guide area. And you didn't get it *immediately* after Crush, which is the best spell forever. So Sting is ultimately forgettable, despite the fact it looks funny and can actually hit a lot harder than Crush.

Broken Box fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Mar 29, 2016

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Leavemywife posted:

Persistent begging.

And once they do one thing, don't let up.

It's how you get the cast of Chrono Trigger in dresses.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Update Fifteen: A Fuckwit With A Foot In His rear end

Howdy, folks, and welcome back! Last time, on Secret of Evermore, we did a bunch of market trading, which I showed in video, because, seriously, who the hell wants that laid out in screenshots? Today, we're going to have an actual update and kick some rear end in the Colosseum, so let's boogie.

We were locked in this room last time, before we had to fight the Champion.

Ah! The Thug's Cloak! This increases Evasion, and according to my spirit-guide, I wouldn't be able to get this for a while.

Over here, there's a hidden room.

There's some Wax, a Call Bead, and cash over here.

And these babies; if we had traded away the Moxa Stick, like some sort of loving fool, we could have had these earlier.

At this moment, we're pretty well equipped.

For once, our defense is higher than Zach's, but we've also got three levels on him and the most recent gear. Next update, he'll have something better, but for now, we're tougher than our dog!

Maybe not strength-wise, but Zach's a fuckin' beast.

Petals? Why would I want one of those!? The Moxa Stick has made healing alchemy that much better, giving it a 25% boost.

:ducksiren: The video starts here and ends after the boss fight!:ducksiren:

Well, let's get this over with.

Yeah, he'd make it too easy. And it's not a hard fight to begin with.

He's a good dog, isn't he? Snooze well, doggy.

Holy balls, that's a lot of people.

And those at those yahoos in the audience.

I think Pompolonius is living out a dream here. And who never wanted to be a stadium announcer?

A jerk with too many names!

Yes, that goofy rear end track plays over his little roll along.

It might be my favorite track in the game. It's just so fun!

:smugdog:

Yeah, let's introduce the guy who will be taking that spot.

...Well, that's not the entrance I imagined.

Neither was that, you dicks! :argh:

Alright, what goofy rear end movie are you going to quote now?

That sounds like the gay porn version of Spartacus.

...C'mon, can't you have more faith in yourself, York?

Alright, let's dance, Colosseum Crapface.

Before we can get smacked, I throw down some alchemy.

Vigor has some power behind his attacks, as befitting a muscle-man in a spiked chariot.

He has 1,050 HP to his name, which sounds like a lot, doesn't it? Salabog had nearly double that, but our damage output is a lot better now.

We also can't hit him from the front or sides. That chariot is more than just a showpiece; it's a huge defensive barrier.

He also has some ranged attacks, including this boomerang. Like every video game boomerang ever, it travels in a small arc before returning to Vigor.

He'll tool around the arena, while we have to work our way behind him.

Had you ignored the Spear until this point, you're just making things harder on yourself. Not only does it simplify fighting Salabog, but this fight is also more of a pain in the rear end if you have to wedge yourself into his crack to hit him.

Alchemy does its part to help, but his magic defense is pretty good. At level 3, Crush is getting a little over 60 damage.

Yes, he has a trident to throw at you. I'm not sure why.

This is one of those fights that isn't easy to show off; Vigor is constantly moving, requires you to hit him from behind, even if he does have a easily avoidable pattern, but it works better in motion.

Keep your health high, because, as I said, Vigor has some good power behind his attacks. Then again, one of his attacks is winging a trident into a teenager's back, and that would kill me, as an adult with many layers of fat.

Oh, yes, Moxa Stick, you'll come in handy. As long as we keep using Heal, it'll keep growing stronger. If I do it right, I'll be able to outpace our max health with Heal, which means we'll never need another healing item!

:sugartits:

I'll teach you how to throw a pointy stick, you shitlicker!

And, yes, he has an rear end to show off. I figured someone out there would enjoy it.

He then explodes into a pile of cash. Video games are awesome.

York acts like a spaz after winning the fight, but I think he's entitled to that.

In all fairness, so did he.

A new weapon!! :swoon:

This sword has 20 Attack Power, just like our Horn Spear, but with the Silver Sheath's bonus always being active, this sword is currently stronger than the spear.

It's a better sword. And an actual sword, as compared to the bone we had before.

What makes you think he knows? I'm pretty sure he thinks a Podunk is probably something in the desert that wants to eat his colon.

None of you fuckers say a word about treasure over there.

I'm imagining these eyes look at you like the Hypnotoads'.

The weirdo in the red cape and white hair? I could see that; he seems like some sort of wizard.

Well, it is like their local god or something. If I saw proof of my god wandering around, I'd definitely keep mentioning it.

Well, he looks more like his old self now than he did before.

Alright, so we've just gotta go find some diamonds, slap them into the statue, and we can get home?

Well, that sounds--

Ah, hell.

Uh-huh...

I can't even think of anything to say here.

Let's roll out, pointy-eared buddy.

This is also where the video ends, if you were watching.

The top of his head looks like a chocolate egg.

:stare:

Oh, it's just Picard.

...Cleanliness? Is the spooky wall-guy obsessed with being clean?

Uh, we'll Windex them off before we give them to you.

Alright, fine, we'll slap on some Secret before coming to see you. Yeesh.

Have you seen that loving desert out there? I don't know my way around there! Nobody does!

Because Pompolonius, some guy who works for you, told us to! You should know that! We're technically working for you!

I'm going to Crush your testicles if you try anything.

And his dog, too?

...Old coot? I bet that other side of the river is the west bank, where there's treasure.

:shepicide: I hope you're all happy about that.

If you didn't click the Tindeck link above, you should. It's pretty well done, and it gives me the heebie-jeebies.

Eh, nothin' we can't handle. We did survive a volcano exploding.

Yes, yes, on the west side of the river. We'll get there.

Not this update, though. We'll get there next time, but for now, we're taking a break.

Stay tuned!

A Pleasant Hug
Dec 30, 2007

...It's the thought that counts, right?
Did you know that there's treasure on the east bank?

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
Vigor's the first obvious case of Evermore's bosses having some BS built into them.

In this case, he's invulnerable from the front. Not just 'every hit you do does minimal damage' you will straight up not hit him with anything as long as you're in front of him. Alchemy, Spear, Charge Attacks, nothing. This can be pretty frustrating for your first time since he combines his invulnerability with matching you on the Y axis unless he's doing an attack/trundling across the arena.

That said he has paper thin defense for the most part so his HP doesn't really last.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Leavemywife posted:

If you didn't click the Tindeck link above, you should. It's pretty well done, and it gives me the heebie-jeebies.

For some reason, the Tindeck images are broken in Chrome. Also, so is the music track. You hear a quick little bit, and then nothing.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Kheldarn posted:

For some reason, the Tindeck images are broken in Chrome. Also, so is the music track. You hear a quick little bit, and then nothing.

Im on chrome and Im fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MachuPikacchu
Oct 15, 2012

Sacre vert! Maman!

Couple things:

1. Had you bought the Spiked Collar as soon as you washed up on Crustacia, Zach would have been able to equip it when you control him after jumping out of the fountain in Nobilia. Video game inventory systems!

2. If you look at the audience in the Colosseum, you might find that there are some interesting characters making a cameo...

• Locked thread