Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Revenant
Feb 2, 2016

by Lowtax
Piss in my rear end, the gym is closed for eAster Sunday. How will I blast my quads?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
shadow kickbox your reflection

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

The Revenant posted:

Piss in my rear end, the gym is closed for eAster Sunday. How will I blast my quads?

thats poo poo, jesus would want you to shred on the most of holy of days

Buy the heaviest dumbell from wally world and just goblet squat until your anus collapses in on itself like a great black hole

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Forearm tendonitis healed. Rotator cuff is gone. Pain when I reach for the wallet. I may just be cheap, not sure.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Does your last name end in "stein" or "witz"? We have a tendency to pass down crippling pain when reaching for our wallets.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Nah just trying to live while over 30.

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves
I've got to start going to they gym after 7pm. It seems all the serious and good people come between 7-10. Including all of the really hot girls. There was one in the aerobics room practicing for a bikini contest. :awesome:

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

The Revenant posted:

:rip:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPln7W2Nvtk

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Find the nearest person

squat the person

BoonyPC
Feb 19, 2007
So been bored and scouring YouTube this week, usually only check bro science for some giggles but have branched out a little, Jesus it's a train wreck out there...a lot of fighting and writing each other off

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you
Went to the gym this morning, the only person there, did some big lifts to justify the Easter feast that is imminent. Also I think i need to eat more. Failed on the 5th benchpress rep at 85kg, progression is slowing down. At 67kg I guess I need to eat more.

So I will today :getin:

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
If you are a non-dwarf man then 67kg is very very light

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

BoonyPC posted:

So been bored and scouring YouTube this week, usually only check bro science for some giggles but have branched out a little, Jesus it's a train wreck out there...a lot of fighting and writing each other off

HI MIKE CHANG HERE WITH SIX PACK SHORTCUTS

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.

Zzulu posted:

Find the nearest person

squat the person

do not attempt in walmart with out a spot

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

the only fitness channels on youtube are rix panini and broscience

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

Profondo Rosso posted:

the only fitness channels on youtube are rix panini and broscience

And one of them is going to die soon

cracker
May 12, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Time to go do about 10 sets of crucifix curls in honor of our Lord and Savior JC.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

BoonyPC posted:

Quartersquatgang_ on instagram is lols people giving excuses for putting up PB vids of squats and not getting near parallel.

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

hm i wasnt losing weight at 2200kcal a day even as an active 92kg 191cm person, so i knocked it down to 2000kcal and started eating veggies instead of bread. now i have trouble sleeping at night due to constant almost unbearable hunger. send help

edit: according to a cool internet calorie calculator, my daily calorie maintenance should be at around 4000kcal. so at this rate i should be losing fat at around 1 pound a day, but i don't know if that's really the case.

Minorkos fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Mar 27, 2016

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

Drink more water, tea and coffee, and save your big meal for just before bed.

Also, those cool internet calculators overestimate the calorie consumption of your activity level.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
When i was most sedentary I had to go down to like 1800 calories a day just to lose anything at all. Now that I move a lot more im losing at 2300 calories which is comfortable

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

last year i was unable to lose weight at 1800kcal a day with 45 minutes of HIIT and gym on alternating days

i'm guessing at that point my body had gone into the fabled "starvation mode"

anyway i feel a bit better today than i did yesterday. fasting most of the day helps

DoubleT2172
Sep 24, 2007

Minorkos posted:

last year i was unable to lose weight at 1800kcal a day with 45 minutes of HIIT and gym on alternating days

i'm guessing at that point my body had gone into the fabled "starvation mode"

anyway i feel a bit better today than i did yesterday. fasting most of the day helps

Starvation mode is a fallacy and you are bad at dieting

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Is it really all that impossible that your metabolism might slow a bit if you get your body used to a whole new lower diet?

Let me hear all the broscience

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you
I ate too much today and didn't calculate calorie intake at all. I don't like this feeling, back to strict intake tomorrow. :(

Also, referring back to an earlier comment, is being 5'9" (or so, about 177cm) and 67kg really that bad?

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

Pesmerga posted:

I ate too much today and didn't calculate calorie intake at all. I don't like this feeling, back to strict intake tomorrow. :(

Also, referring back to an earlier comment, is being 5'9" (or so, about 177cm) and 67kg really that bad?

unless you're absolutely ripped that's tiny man/large boy territory

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

That's about my height and weight when I was 15 years old so ymmv.

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you

Profondo Rosso posted:

unless you're absolutely ripped that's tiny man/large boy territory

Guess I need to eat more :/

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
You could probably stand to gain a bit more muscle mass yeah

We're rooting for you bud

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

DoubleT2172 posted:

Starvation mode is a fallacy and you are bad at dieting

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Zzulu posted:

Is it really all that impossible that your metabolism might slow a bit if you get your body used to a whole new lower diet?

Let me hear all the broscience

"A bit" is the operative term here. And 1800 is definitely not a starvation diet, lol at some over fed goon thinking he's starving on that.

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Minorkos posted:

hm i wasnt losing weight at 2200kcal a day even as an active 92kg 191cm person, so i knocked it down to 2000kcal and started eating veggies instead of bread. now i have trouble sleeping at night due to constant almost unbearable hunger. send help

edit: according to a cool internet calorie calculator, my daily calorie maintenance should be at around 4000kcal. so at this rate i should be losing fat at around 1 pound a day, but i don't know if that's really the case.

Weight loss is not a linear process, don't be discouraged by periods of nonprogress. So long as you'restaying active n truly consuming ~2000 calories, you'll end up at a healthy weight. Be accurate when counting calories, underestimating your portions would also explain stagnation.

As mentioned above, eating a big meal before bed can help w hunger pangs at night. Also, bump your fiber intake. Swapping starches for veggies is a great start, also legumes will be your best friend. They'll keep you so full, it'll make dieting almost easy. Buy big bags of frozen veggies, they cook up easy and will keep you satiated.

Stay at it brave goon, we believe in you

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I eat at least 3300 calories almost every day of my life and it is A M A Z I N G.

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

exquisite tea posted:

I eat at least 3300 calories almost every day of my life and it is A M A Z I N G.

That's too much work for me. I'd have to run every day and gently caress that.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

It's easy once you get accustomed to spending a couple hours within your own private hell every morning.

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

exquisite tea posted:

Hey whatever works for you

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
My buddy did an Ironman a year or so ago and in the build up to that he was consuming 4000+ calories a day

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

JFairfax posted:

My buddy did an Ironman a year or so ago and in the build up to that he was consuming 4000+ calories a day

Sounds like a constant stream of food going in and poop coming out.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

Sounds like a constant stream of food going in and poop coming out.

sounds amazing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Chinatown posted:

sounds amazing

• Locked thread