Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What's the image in the second post?
A man's face
Butterfly
A koi
A dog
A small boat floating in a lake
Funyarinpa
View Results

• Locked thread
Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

the truth posted:

A quick Google search reveals that cero z is basically the ESRB equivalent of "M," with the stipulation that the main reason for the restriction is violence.

Right, I googled it, I just wasn't sure.

Thinking aloud, I wonder why the ESRB makes a separate distinction for AO? Apart from the incredibly few games that get published with an AO and released in America have explicit sexual content, if it condemns the game to not getting any sales why even bother? Why use it as a cudgel here to produce games that fit within an M rating?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

Sigma's eye and arms are definitely going to be cut off, so I guess we'll see!

E:

How did I just notice this? :stare:

Both scenes involve arm injuries, too. :stare:

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Both scenes involve arm injuries, too. :stare:

I'm almost wondering if it was intentional to pose that scene that way.

Joke prediction: the trap will involve literally bringing Clover back to cut someone's arms off with a fire axe.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

Joke prediction: the trap will involve literally bringing Clover back to cut someone's arms off with a fire axe.

Schrodinger's cat! :black101:

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Schrodinger's cat! :black101:

Sigma utilizes Schroedinger's theorem to gain ghost arms to punch out Zero because his arms simultaneously exist and do not exist in a quantum state.

hyphz
Aug 5, 2003

Number 1 Nerd Tear Farmer 2022.

Keep it up, champ.

Also you're a skeleton warrior now. Kree.
Unlockable Ben
The background for the game looks really interesting, but I hope it doesn't become too much of a resolution dump, nor a "fan revenge" thing along the lines of the Evangelion films.. I have no idea why it'd be that given that he seems to be grateful for the encouragement to do another game, but all of the text about how much "more miserable" the game is going to be that VLR is kind of worrying. And I'm not at all sure about the randomness business, either - is that going to mean a bunch of saves and reloads?

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Zero Time Dilemma looks to be the dark middle chapter of the series, except at the end (only not because of time shenanigans).

Uchikoshi's a pretty transparent optimist though so no matter how dark it gets there should be some light at the end of the tunnel.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Bad Seafood posted:

Zero Time Dilemma looks to be the dark middle chapter of the series, except at the end (only not because of time shenanigans).

Uchikoshi's a pretty transparent optimist though so no matter how dark it gets there should be some light at the end of the tunnel.

Well yeah, since we're going to be wrapping up everything, there's probably gonna be that happy ending. We're just gonna have to work for it.

Lareine
Jul 22, 2007

KIIIRRRYYYUUUUU CHAAAANNNNNN

Bad Seafood posted:

Thank God he's not Yoko Taro.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I had someone ask me if ZTD was a sequel or a prequel and I honestly still don't have an answer for them

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Danaru posted:

I had someone ask me if ZTD was a sequel or a prequel and I honestly still don't have an answer for them

Borderlands taught me that these things are presequels.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

Danaru posted:

"Yes."

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

Right, I googled it, I just wasn't sure.

Thinking aloud, I wonder why the ESRB makes a separate distinction for AO? Apart from the incredibly few games that get published with an AO and released in America have explicit sexual content, if it condemns the game to not getting any sales why even bother? Why use it as a cudgel here to produce games that fit within an M rating?

the exact same reason NC17 exists for movies. its their way of saying "drat dude this shiz is beyond even a R rating so we should callit something, unlike the days where we just refused to call it anything"

orenronen
Nov 7, 2008

A little late, but for reference on what's considered CERO-Z, here's a photo I took yesterday of part of that shelf at a Book Off:

(Not pictured but also on the same shelf, Tomb Raider, Dishonored, Shadow of Mordor, Assassin's Creed)

Also for your consideration on the different age restriction priorities of both countries, games like Conception 2 and Akiba's Trip are both CERO-C (15 and up) in Japan and M in America. Gal Gun got a CERO-D (17 and up), but probably only because the main gameplay mechanic uses gun imagery.

Eleanore
Jun 18, 2013

orenronen posted:

A little late, but for reference on what's considered CERO-Z, here's a photo I took yesterday of part of that shelf at a Book Off:

(Not pictured but also on the same shelf, Tomb Raider, Dishonored, Shadow of Mordor, Assassin's Creed)

Also for your consideration on the different age restriction priorities of both countries, games like Conception 2 and Akiba's Trip are both CERO-C (15 and up) in Japan and M in America. Gal Gun got a CERO-D (17 and up), but probably only because the main gameplay mechanic uses gun imagery.

This made me realize the game will most likely be rated 18+ in Europe. All of those titles that I could make out are rated 18+ over here since, like in Japan, the highest rating is pretty much reserved for violence.

Though with ZTD being digital only I don't think it really matters. I'm not sure if the rating even actually require ID here, or if it's just something that is suggested to Game stores. All I know is that it was really annoying being into survival horror games as a teenager since I had to ask my mom to buy my games for me.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Hah, that reminds me of when the WiiU first came out and you could only buy 18 rated games on the eShop between like 11pm and 6am everywhere in the EU because of some law in Germany.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
I wonder if there will be a way for Sigma to tell Junpei "Oh hey, by the way the girl you're looking for is going to be on the moon setting up another Nonary Game to avert the apocalypse, don't bother looking for her."

That'd really save Junpei a lot of time and effort, I think.

E: Joke Speculation: the dog is actually possessed by a new person inhabiting their consciousness through Morphogenetic Field swapping as a double agent set up to betray Zero at a key moment. Meanwhile their real body is inhabited by a dog mind and locked up at a mental hospital for barking at random people and peeing on fire hydrants.

Teriyaki Koinku fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Mar 28, 2016

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

E: Joke Speculation: the dog is actually possessed by a new person inhabiting their consciousness through Morphogenetic Field swapping as a double agent set up to betray Zero at a key moment. Meanwhile their real body is inhabited by a dog mind and locked up at a mental hospital for barking at random people and peeing on fire hydrants.

Thanks for spoiling the plot twist. :argh:

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Thanks for spoiling the plot twist. :argh:

I'll laugh my loving rear end off if that's the actual plot twist.

Wyvernil
Mar 10, 2007

Meddle not in the affairs of dragons... for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

I'll laugh my loving rear end off if that's the actual plot twist.

I'm fully expecting someone to mind-jump into the dog at some point.

However, having the dog be Zero or Brother would just be silly.

Just for the laughs, requesting a title change to "Zero Escape: Zero Time Dilemma - The dog was Zero all along (June 28)"

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

I wonder if there will be a way for Sigma to tell Junpei "Oh hey, by the way the girl you're looking for is going to be on the moon setting up another Nonary Game to avert the apocalypse, don't bother looking for her."

this seems unnecessary as she appears to be about three feet from him

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

curiousCat posted:

this seems unnecessary as she appears to be about three feet from him

That's true, but why does Junpei end up chasing her for years on end then? Is this a retcon from 999/VLR's events?

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Well we already know that the new bracelets have memory erasing powers. Maybe he only ever runs into her during this Nonary game so afterwards he doesnt even realize he found her.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Keep in mind that the entire point of VLR was that we're going back in time to change history. It's not supposed to be a consistent time loop. If things end up the same way then we'll have already failed.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Clarste posted:

Keep in mind that the entire point of VLR was that we're going back in time to change history. It's not supposed to be a consistent time loop. If things end up the same way then we'll have already failed.

After every bad ending in ZTD, replay the entirety of VLR to keep the loop closed

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Danaru posted:

After every bad ending in ZTD, replay the entirety of VLR to keep the loop closed

500 hours later...

hyphz
Aug 5, 2003

Number 1 Nerd Tear Farmer 2022.

Keep it up, champ.

Also you're a skeleton warrior now. Kree.
Unlockable Ben
I just hope it doesn't end up being some kind of meta-thing about the game being made, like Zero is the combination of a couple of hundred Blick Winkels who all wanted to stop Radical-6 and who created a nonary game-like experience there because that was what they demanded in order to appear in the world at that time..

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Woah fella! mark your spoilers, drat!

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
Only tangentially related to Zero Escape, but there's an online directory of active real-life room escape games done live found below. Quoting because on phone and :effort::

Na'at posted:

I had no idea this was such a thing

http://escaperoomdirectory.com/

Seriously wish I could attend the official Zero Escape room escape in LA this Spring, though. :sigh:

HelloWinter
May 27, 2012

"Hey, Nagito, what'cha
thinkin' about?"

"Oh, y'know. Murder stuff."
I seriously can't wait for this game.

Dezinus
Jun 4, 2006

How unsightly.

HelloWinter posted:

That was my favorite little bit of info from what we've seen so far. I'm glad they're still gonna goof on each other like that in this game. Lord knows were gonna need the comic relief.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

The twist will be that both VLR and ZTD were an elaborate hoax created in order for Sigma to be freed from cat puns.

HelloWinter
May 27, 2012

"Hey, Nagito, what'cha
thinkin' about?"

"Oh, y'know. Murder stuff."

Raxivace posted:

The twist will be that both VLR and ZTD were an elaborate hoax created in order for Sigma to be freed from cat puns.

Has it ever been stated as to why Sigma was so prone to doing cat puns, almost as if he couldn't help it? Or was that him just being goofy.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

One of the files in VLR says he was cursed by a cat spirit as a child, I think.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

HelloWinter posted:

Has it ever been stated as to why Sigma was so prone to doing cat puns, almost as if he couldn't help it? Or was that him just being goofy.

There's a secret doc in VLR that explains it.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Also of course in Japanese it was just a less interesting -nya verbal tic.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

HelloWinter posted:

Pixar meets Saw? Also, please add to the OP!

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

done

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

Pixar meets Saw? Also, please add to the OP!

Oh god. I'm imagining some twisted version of the flashback scenes from Up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Gutcruncher posted:

Well we already know that the new bracelets have memory erasing powers. Maybe he only ever runs into her during this Nonary game so afterwards he doesnt even realize he found her.

That would be pretty depressing and sad in retrospect. :smith:

• Locked thread