Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
someone make a BDSM gently caress factory porch for his wife to enjoy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bob James
Nov 15, 2005

by Lowtax
Ultra Carp

Uxzuigal
Jan 16, 2013

Chill Berserker Dude

Elephant not included!

Dave Concepcion
Mar 19, 2012

my design fee is $65000 please paypal to modsknew@gmail.com

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
why do americans live in such big houses

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

RideTheSpiral posted:

why do americans live in such big houses

We need the extra space to store all of our guns.

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

Ren and Stimpire
Oct 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
You know you could just put a broken down Ford Pinto in front of the house. It's cheaper, and provides all the rear end explosions your wife could ever ask for.

Dave Concepcion
Mar 19, 2012

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

CC/DIY has some capable people

A porch is nice for things that you use too often for the garage like bicycles and wet umbrellas.

Ren and Stimpire
Oct 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

peanut posted:

CC/DIY has some capable people

A porch is nice for things that you use too often for the garage like bicycles and wet umbrellas.

Or UPS drivers

The Biscuit
Jul 2, 2007
Half of everything is luck.
Out of interest, are you able to build a porch like nbd, or do you need planning permission?

(In australia you need planning permission for a garden shed, lol).

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Thank you.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Why not a deck on the back? Isn't that more practical both for relaxing and US guy fuckin?

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Jastiger posted:

Why not a deck on the back? Isn't that more practical both for relaxing and US guy fuckin?

There's already a deck back there for the pool. This is a covered porch for the front with maybe a sunroom addition.

Also, the UPS guy would never walk around to the back of the house.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Dave_Indeed posted:

There's already a deck back there for the pool. This is a covered porch for the front with maybe a sunroom addition.

Also, the UPS guy would never walk around to the back of the house.

He would if he knew there was some fuckin'. You know UPS guys anyways, they literally shot put your package to your door because they have a 29,348 different stops in the next 3 hours and are on a tight schedule. So you'd really want to build some kind of road side stop anyways.

I think a porch could work but it WOULD block out the windows and I think that could possibly reduce the resale value or at least appeal of the home to newer buyers if you ever sold. It would look nice I'm sure, but would also look kind of awkward matched with your brick facing and full windows that would then become "inside" windows to the porch. Thats a tough situation, but could definitely work out if you did it right.

How about on the west side of the house opposite the garage? Is that a possibility?

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

I think you should go for this, but on a grander scale:

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!
And as always: Kill Hitler.
Forget the front porch and make an outdoor indoor area in the back yard with a TV and working grill / kitchen.

PureEvil6_13
Jun 1, 2004

I LIKE PETA AND THINK THAT SCIENCE IS EVIL

Dave_Indeed posted:

Thanks.

I can only get satellite internet all the way out here though so it's not that awesome.

Ugh have fun not playing xbox although that's probably a blessing

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
How much did that house cost? I make $15 an hour and hope to save for a house like that.

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Jastiger posted:

He would if he knew there was some fuckin'. You know UPS guys anyways, they literally shot put your package to your door because they have a 29,348 different stops in the next 3 hours and are on a tight schedule. So you'd really want to build some kind of road side stop anyways.

I think a porch could work but it WOULD block out the windows and I think that could possibly reduce the resale value or at least appeal of the home to newer buyers if you ever sold. It would look nice I'm sure, but would also look kind of awkward matched with your brick facing and full windows that would then become "inside" windows to the porch. Thats a tough situation, but could definitely work out if you did it right.

How about on the west side of the house opposite the garage? Is that a possibility?

Yeah, that side of the house is just the chimney and it's covered in blue siding so I think it could look better. I can build on that side and attach it to the back deck and around the pool. Upside to that is an outside fireplace.

PureEvil6_13 posted:

Ugh have fun not playing xbox although that's probably a blessing

It's not that bad, I prefer single player RPG's anyhow. I can go outside with my guns and chase cyclists down the street if I want to FPS.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Dave_Indeed posted:

Yeah, that side of the house is just the chimney and it's covered in blue siding so I think it could look better. I can build on that side and attach it to the back deck and around the pool. Upside to that is an outside fireplace.

There is your compromise right there. Keeps the front of the house looking nice without taking away from windows and landscaping while adding square footage to the house and a nice room, with bonus deck access.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

uwaeve
Oct 21, 2010

focus this time so i don't have to keep telling you idiots what happened
Lipstick Apathy

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Trex is now offering the UBER-DECK.

Once the deck is installed, do not question the deck. Do not show your teeth around the deck. Do not look the deck directly in its joists. If the deck challenges you, do not run, simply be still and stare at the ground.

This is really good, but he did say he wants a screened in covered porch. Can you put a roof on it?

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
remember to insulate your porch properly, it's a bitch to forget just like not insulating your stairs

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Will there be a goon deck part y?

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Bagarthach posted:

Here you go OP.

Make your house great again.

Only problem with that deck is roof maintenance

Dave Concepcion
Mar 19, 2012

Dave_Indeed posted:

blue siding? do you mean to tell me this a wood framed mcmansion and it's just brick veneer up front?

gently caress this, you can't use my nazi design anymore

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

I may not know what I'm talking about, but I sure love cops! ^^ Boy, but that boot is just yummy!
Lipstick Apathy

quote:

remember to insult your porch properly, it's a bitch

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Dave Concepcion posted:

blue siding? do you mean to tell me this a wood framed mcmansion and it's just brick veneer up front?

gently caress this, you can't use my nazi design anymore

The stone is pretty thick and are actual stones. I know because some groundhog jerk knocked a bunch off of the front stoop so he could burrow under it and live there rent free.

Dave Concepcion
Mar 19, 2012
regardless, I thought I was looking at some nice old world craftsmanship not some faggy pine frame with stone for decoration

for shame

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Dave Concepcion posted:

regardless, I thought I was looking at some nice old world craftsmanship not some faggy pine frame with stone for decoration

for shame

Oh, no this was built in 2001 by the redneck first owner and his jabroni brother.

milkingmycow
Mar 28, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Kinda just a rough sketch of what you're looking for.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Class it up some. I guess its more of a gate though.

Ethelinda Sapsea
Aug 11, 2006

Jesse Eisenberg fighting Michael Cera. It's supposed to be bundles of twigs topped with brillo pads

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

Iron Prince posted:

design my dick, cumlord

I challenged my friend to enter "cumlord" as his gamer tag on the 360 when he first signed up, and I said that it wouldn't let him and if it did I'm sure it would ask to confirm.

For three weeks he was CUMLORD before he paid 12 bucks to change it cause of the lobby harassment in halo. Should've waited for the reports to go through.

Nice house op. Have you considered shoveling the driveway

• Locked thread