Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Let me walk you through it.

First I gave you a concrete slab because that was easy to draw. Then I added some signage to help you advertise your house and its intent to the world. After that, I gave you a piece of themed pop-art to sit on the slab, to help with the signage's declaration. After that i drew a big ol wiener on your roof because that seemed fun to draw at the time. Then I spruced up your car's spare tire because it seems hopelessly dull.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dave Concepcion
Mar 19, 2012

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
That picture of the gazebo where the girl is about to be murdered but it's your porch.

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

Default Settings
May 29, 2001

Keep your 'lectric eye on me, babe
Might be that it's just me being European, but this house confuses me. Are you sure the walls are solid stone? Does it continue throughout your cellars? I can't see a discharging arch taking their weight off your window frames. Also, what is up with those chimneys? That's a horizontal diffuser style exhaust air vent, do you actually run a heater under that? If it's just an air vent, all those brick work is a bit much.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Default Settings posted:

Might be that it's just me being European, but this house confuses me. Are you sure the walls are solid stone? Does it continue throughout your cellars? I can't see a discharging arch taking their weight off your window frames. Also, what is up with those chimneys? That's a horizontal diffuser style exhaust air vent, do you actually run a heater under that? If it's just an air vent, all those brick work is a bit much.

http://www.homedepot.com/b/Building-Materials-Siding-Stone-Veneer/N-5yc1vZc85v

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Default Settings posted:

European huh, this is what they call a modern house.

Default Settings
May 29, 2001

Keep your 'lectric eye on me, babe
Welp, 'pretty thick' stone starts at 0.5 m for me. :v:

Tenzarin posted:

European huh, this is what they call a modern house.
A wooden hut, stone-clad?

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

Europeans all live inside dank holes in the ground and over turned cauldrons

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Default Settings posted:

A wooden hut, stone-clad?

It may not be stone clad at all. Sometimes those panels are faux stone made from polyurethane. Light weight, looks just as good from a distance, and maintenance free!

Wooden hut, plastic clad.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Angela Christine posted:

It may not be stone clad at all. Sometimes those panels are faux stone made from polyurethane. Light weight, looks just as good from a distance, and maintenance free!

More often than not they're fiberglass

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Booblord Zagats posted:

More often than not they're fiberglass

Yeah.

Attaching slivers of genuine stone to the outside of your wooden hut is for rich folk.

kremlins
May 9, 2009

you should put some heat tape up on that roof to prevent ice dams. put some heat tape up on that bad boy

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Its alot more work to carve this from a single piece of stone, but I think it would pay off.

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

barf barf i am a dog, barf on your carpet, barf

Tenzarin posted:

Its alot more work to carve this from a single piece of stone, but I think it would pay off.

very impressive. this is the kinda stuff that really ups the neighborhood house values and all neighbors love

the fart question
Mar 21, 2007

College Slice

Digital Fingers posted:

Europeans all live inside dank holes in the ground and over turned cauldrons

only a quarter of my house is a dank hole in the ground thank you very much

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Angela Christine posted:

It's not plastic, it's this thing.

It definitely feels like a stone. I could probably kill someone with it. This one fell off of the front step but it's okay, this Spring I have to rehang the gutters so water stops falling on the crack where they are adhered to the concrete slab and also I'm tearing out the landscaping, regrading and killing that god drat ground hog that lives under it. Probably with the decorative stone he helped break off.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

An Apple A Gay
Oct 21, 2008

more like groverindeed

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

DJ BK posted:

more like groverindeed

is this a real post??? seriously???

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Dave_Indeed posted:

My wife wants a covered porch on the front of our house so she can presumably sit under it and bang the UPS guy while I'm golfing. Below you will find an image of my hillbilly cabin. Please design a porch for it, minding that from the front door, the left extends just over 6 feet, while the right extends only 1.5 feet. The garage extends like, 80 feet, I don't know just figure it out.

I realize covering the windows will likely make my living room dark as hell, and the front of the house being what it is further suggests this might be a terrible idea... but there are no rules, gently caress humanity. Make the best porch ever designed or come out here and fight me.

You should fix that front storm door before you bite off too much op

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
put the porch on the side of the house and punch a hole in the left (from the POV of the photo) wall to access it

don't block the front door/windows

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

RaceBannon
Apr 3, 2010
maybe you should shovel your driveway

fish and chips and dip
Feb 17, 2010
Dude, get some better loving cars, what is that in the garage? A 2006 Toyota Rav-4 and a 2004 Mitsubishi Lancer? Shameful.

Derek of the Andes
Dec 10, 2009

Dave Concepcion posted:

my design fee is $65000 please paypal to modsknew@gmail.com

Shouldn't that be more like 6 million?

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

House lookin p. decked out! lmao!!

Get decked on, op!!

Looks like you'll never be the deck of a major corporation... or will u?? :wth:

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
I mean If your going through the trouble, why don't you just deck the entire hectare

Fasdar
Sep 1, 2001

Everybody loves dancing!
Yeah that poo poo's just gonna go in the global wildfires anyway man. Just get her a card table and a sun hat.

drowningidiot
Sep 27, 2014

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

poo poo man, we're near the summit

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

That seems like a very cheap solution.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
holy poo poo this thread owns

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Farmland Park posted:

Dude, get some better loving cars, what is that in the garage? A 2006 Toyota Rav-4 and a 2004 Mitsubishi Lancer? Shameful.

It's a 2011 Rav 4 and a 2008 Ford Focus you jerk. I also have a bitchin' 97 Dodge Ram out front with my redman tobacco hat sitting on the dash. All of the farmers want to buy it. Extended bed, with edelbrock breather, intake, keg mod.

I had a 2013 camry but a rock fell off some dicks truck and ended up totalling it so I downgraded while paying off the rest of the first loan. "full" coverage is more like, "lol gently caress u." coverage with Travelers.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

/thred

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Dave_Indeed posted:

I literally have nothing without a front porch says my wife.

if i was your wife i would leave you for not shoveling the drive way

TheReverend
Jun 21, 2005

I have a front porch and live near a golf course.

I want a pool?

Trade?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
Would a machine gun nest meet your porch needs?

• Locked thread