Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
Two extremely delightful moments from the recent Kulap episode:

- Jimmy quoting Harris' smoking section joke.
- Kulap completely melting down during her first attempt at giving clues in Sevens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Chevy Chase getting mad at Andy Daly for improvising a joke after his punchline is a great story

Red_Museum
Apr 17, 2011

Shredded Hen
Todd Levin's bits are always the best.

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

Scotty Auk's bit with the sponsored child was amazing. Pat doing Michael Winslow falling into a coma during Janet Varney's segment literally made me spit water out of my mouth

The youtube stream, warts and all, looks to be archived here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEwl_ZoOerA

Fiendly
May 27, 2010

That's not right!

Reformed Pissboy posted:

The youtube stream, warts and all, looks to be archived here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEwl_ZoOerA

Not anymore, which isn't surprising since they'll be selling it on their site soon enough like they have the past Pardcast-A-Thons.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

This is the first Pardcast-A-Thon I had to duck out of because I was seeing Animal Collective, but

Reformed Pissboy posted:

Pat doing Michael Winslow falling into a coma during Janet Varney's segment literally made me spit water out of my mouth

I probably made a mistake.

(I also remember an old NNF episode where Jimmy was all "Who is this Panda Bear? Who is this loving snooze?" and it still makes me laugh)

EDIT: Did Benson jump into the chat and gently caress with everyone this year again?

Shovelbearer
Oct 11, 2003
Paragon of Lexicon
Wow I laughed so hard at the redo of Elliot's STP audition. I wonder if he'd have sounded slightly less ridiculous if he had used some effects like that James Coil guy did. Slightly.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Nice of Jimmy to invite a goddamn witch on the show

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

I'm shocked Jimmy didn't get his rear end beat at Dodger Stadium in the 90s. Because in his drunk Chicagoan accent, "Let's go, Nickel!" sounds a lot like something else.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
boy that greg fitzsimmons sure seems like a good guy

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!
I really disliked him already from an episode of You Made It Weird where for some reason he was arguing that if he ever ran over a homeless person, he'd just drive off. His point was that because he had a wife and kids, did comedy and gave to charity, it would be a net negative to society for him to go to prison for killing someone who contributed nothing.

It was so sincere sounding and so devoid of humour that it didnt read at all as a joke if it was supposed to be. Also Pete Holmes is such a malleable, guest pleasing weirdo that he was in full, unironic agreement. It was just about as uncomfortable as hearing him affirm Neil Brennan's n-word credentials.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Yeah i mean he just casually dropped the term "half a fag" in 2016 with no hint of irony or apology or anything. He seems like Carolla light to me

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

He's really not. He's a raging liberal born and raised in NYC with a very dry comedic style.

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

I know that you younger folks might have trouble believing this, but fag was a word used quite commonly and with many different meanings. In the 80s I had married lesbians call me, a straight man, a fag for wanting to see the Princess Bride when it first came out, and they did so without a shred of malice or irony. The term was often thrown around with meanings that had nothing to do with sexuality before it became an edgy insult again briefly before being ridden out of usage in the past few years. Don't lose your poo poo when someone still uses it, they're probably just old as gently caress and trust me you forget what is acceptable this week or not once you start getting up there. :)

Or maybe they are just a shithead Trump guy, lots of those crawling out of the woods too.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Pryor on Fire posted:

I know that you younger folks might have trouble believing this, but fag was a word used quite commonly and with many different meanings. In the 80s I had married lesbians call me, a straight man, a fag for wanting to see the Princess Bride when it first came out, and they did so without a shred of malice or irony. The term was often thrown around with meanings that had nothing to do with sexuality before it became an edgy insult again briefly before being ridden out of usage in the past few years. Don't lose your poo poo when someone still uses it, they're probably just old as gently caress and trust me you forget what is acceptable this week or not once you start getting up there. :)

this is a dumb argument and one that Jimmy very maturely stopped making on the very show we're talking about a few years ago

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Bear in mind, I've only really heard him on You Made It Weird, where he wasn't that funny and also went the weird, hosed-up tangent about accidentally killing a bum, and on the two episodes of NNF. The first was referenced a little, and I remember it being uncomfortable and aggressive.

I just find him unpleasant, and finding out that its an act doesn't really endear him to me any. He's not for me, I think.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Pryor on Fire posted:

Or maybe they are just a shithead Trump guy, lots of those crawling out of the woods too.

This is a bad excuse

pretty soft girl
Oct 1, 2004

my dead grandfather fights better than you
I haven't listened to NNF in a long time but I remember the first time Greg Fitzsimmons guested, he was such an rear end in a top hat that Jimmy had a one-sided feud with him for YEARS for being so disrespectful. Greg had no idea that he basically poo poo all over Jimmy because he's a self-absorbed lunatic.

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

For a little perspective on fitzsimmons, listen to his episode of paul gilmartin's mental illness happy hour. The short of it: it's all an act. The episode is worth a listen.

theacox
Jun 8, 2010

You can't be serious.
Everything that comes out of Fitz's mouth comes out of the corner with a smirk.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
Grapefruit Simmons

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God
He goes by Fitz-dog and he's one of the last comedians left that is afraid to say anything about Howard Stern because he thinks it'll gently caress with his plugs. What do you expect from someone like that?

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

pretty soft girl posted:

I haven't listened to NNF in a long time but I remember the first time Greg Fitzsimmons guested, he was such an rear end in a top hat that Jimmy had a one-sided feud with him for YEARS for being so disrespectful. Greg had no idea that he basically poo poo all over Jimmy because he's a self-absorbed lunatic.
Jimmy made the mistake of telling Fitzsimmons the show involved "bustin' balls" during the pre-interview and Greg just picked up the ball and ran with it. I think Jimmy even showed up on Fitzdog Radio a month or two after the NNF appearance, too.

That first Fitzsimmons episode is one of my favorites because flustered Jimmy is my favorite Jimmy (see also: every Janet Varney episode).

Mst3kmann
Aug 8, 2005

FOREST WHITAKER EYE
Ah yes, the old "I'm not an rear end in a top hat, I'm just pretending to be an rear end in a top hat :smug: " cop-out. Yeah, I'm sure he's always been pretending to have serious rage issues and picking fights with people as a grown-rear end man.

On a more positive note, the latest episode with Adam Ray was really fun, may have to seek him out.

Mst3kmann fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Apr 2, 2016

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

loving :lol: at the guest today

defectivemonkey
Jun 5, 2012
Lots of Garon depressingness on today's episode so if you're interested in feeling better about yourself be sure to listen.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

defectivemonkey posted:

Lots of Garon depressingness on today's episode so if you're interested in feeling better about yourself be sure to listen.
the parts where the guest tried to make him feel better made me very uncomfortable!

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

I love Gannon

theacox
Jun 8, 2010

You can't be serious.
Needs a "there's always Kentucky" shirt.

Shovelbearer
Oct 11, 2003
Paragon of Lexicon
8 days from seeing and possibly meeting my hero.

Forum Hussy
Feb 8, 2005

Shovelbearer posted:

8 days from seeing and possibly meeting my hero.

Either he or the NNF account tweeted today that there will be a meetup after, so you know I'll be in line.

Shovelbearer
Oct 11, 2003
Paragon of Lexicon

Forum Hussy posted:

Either he or the NNF account tweeted today that there will be a meetup after, so you know I'll be in line.

A buddy of mine got called up to play 7s and immediately dismissed for being too tall.

Forum Hussy
Feb 8, 2005
I loved that whole run. The dude that Jimmy saw coming back from the bathroom and hid behind his chair like he was rushing the stage is a friend of mine, we were sitting there in the corner of the stage. Loved it

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Hands raw with high fives.
Season 1-13 archives just went up on Howl, that's a pretty cheap way to listen to the back catalog.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

I have no idea where to start now that I have 13 seasons and have not listened to a single episode

Any suggestions?

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

I have no idea where to start now that I have 13 seasons and have not listened to a single episode

Any suggestions?

Anything with Todd Glass, Graham Elwood, Scott Aukerman, Paul F Tompkins, Danielle Koenig, or Pat Francis. I feel like they're the most relaxed, loosey goosey shows they have

EDIT: Also Andy Daly, who in some of the old ones is kind of hilariously listed as Andrew Daly

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Aparna "Sporadic Accent" Nancherla

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Maybe the most unexpected guest ever

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

You kinda made me expect someone amazing, or like maybe even Dan Katz or something. I have to admit I don't actually know who this is, but it seems like I really should.

https://twitter.com/jakeiverson57/status/755971233720569856

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
I thought is was adorable when Amber Rose found out Jimmy likes 80s music and she recommended the Wedding Singer soundtrack.