Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
Apparently if you used a debit card, you are hosed.
So I am going to go have a drink and mourn the loss of my monies tonight while shooting mans online.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

runsamok
Jan 12, 2011

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I want to let you know that your words hurt.

Clearly he doesn't understand you're a motherfucking Robot Inspector IRL, a job 6-year-old-me would have put on the top 5 of "jobs I want when I'm a grownup"

e:

My fiancee's catte.

runsamok fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Mar 28, 2016

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
I can say that I lived in the time of Star Citizen :unsmith:

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
Reminder that this was Huckaby's intro for the comm-link last week. None of us really caught the significance at the time, I don't think:

quote:

They came from the UK. Erin Roberts. Ricky Jutley. Todd Papy. They're all walking around the office here in their fancy bespoke Foundry 42 jackets. They look like a street gang on rival turf. They brought Will Weissbaum back with them, a writer here in the LA office, and he's wearing the same jacket, now. He's gone native. I don't know if he'll ever be the same. Did he just say, "PG Tips?" Best to just write him off, I guess.

They're not alone, either. Tony Z. is back with Mark Skelton and John Pritchett. They don't have matching jackets though, thankfully. Chris and Sean and Forrest have met them in the Commissary like three opposing factions. This looks like a scene from that 80s documentary about newscasters in San Diego I saw once. Forrest even has a trident. Where did he get a trident? It's not a trident. It's a cappuccino. They all have coffee, now. False alarm, I guess.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izvQvvbkXec

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Someone post the r/dereksmart meltdowns.

Eldragon
Feb 22, 2003

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I want to let you know that your words hurt.

You know I say these things out of the purest love and respect.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Can't believe it I missed that.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

A Neurotic Jew posted:

he did literally say that achieving even half of Chris Roberts vision is commendable so

Take money, make game.

Achieved 50%.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
this thread

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

AP posted:

Take money, make game.

Achieved 50%.

:boom:

TODD BONZALEZ
Jul 3, 2010

A Neurotic Jew posted:

Reminder that this was Huckaby's intro for the comm-link last week. None of us really caught the significance at the time, I don't think:

read that as Todd Parpy for a sec there

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

If CIG can stick it out until September we can make Alan Jackson relevant again!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hr8VwYLcxGo

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

Can't believe it I missed that.

(Full Burn)
Winner takes all
(Full Burn)
hear the call
(Full Burn)
going into the black and there's no turning back

should be

(Full Burn)
Derek takes all
(Full Burn)
hear the call
(Full Burn)
going into the red and there's no turning back

TODD BONZALEZ
Jul 3, 2010

lmao this is the first time I've actually listened to this, I always assumed it would sound like something from Team America and it sounds just like I imagined

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

So what's the music that this forum's set to as everything burns down? Here's mine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yURRmWtbTbo

To me, this is the official song - and video - about the end of Star Citizen. (It's about as Stimperial as Stimperial gets. And the lyrics are prophetic as hell.)

The Science of Imaginary Solutions

And though you thought you won the race
waking up was such a waste
A perfect day with a frigidaire's charm
A pretty picture, twisted, be gone.

Blinded by my imagination
That everythings much better now
Eyes fixed on a stolen face
The copycats are all in place

It's all over now
It's all over now
It's all over now for you

You shipwrecked all and shed your skin
And tried to find yourself again
Eyes fixed on the human race
Now everyone thinks your dead
Today

It's all over now
It's all over now

It's all over now
It's all over now

High as the moon, deep as the ocean
You fall apart, the pieces hit the ground
I pick up all your inventions
but your science keeps you from being,

so
Fake it, fake it
Everybody knows
The lights dim,
you've been exposed.

G0RF fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Apr 23, 2016

eviljack
Feb 26, 2016

You're getting hungry
Wait.. no.... it's can't end.. my shitposting career is barely off the ground.... I had plans.. dreams of where I could have been 600 pages hence... all shot to poo poo...

:negative:

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues
I wanted to post this last night but the exact second I did everything broke so I blame me.

In the next episode of Star Citizen airing in two weeks time: After typographical errors on their IMDB profiles forces Sandi and Chris to get divorced and then married for a third time, the pair of newlyweds decide they need to be as open in their relationship with one another as their are open with their investors on their video game making business! With the two heads of CIG locking themselves in sealed containers on opposite sides of the world, will the Starfarer be released on time? This episode would have you rolling on the floor, if you weren't guaranteed to clip through it! Guest Starring Batgirl as the voice of the vocal pattern recognition software lock keeping Ben Lesnick from entering the building by requiring any form of a single, clearly-uttered phrase.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Eldragon posted:

You know I say these things out of the purest love and respect.

We always end up hurting the ones we love the most.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jATOZhxX1CY

Song for Sandi

Mick Jaggoff
Sep 11, 2012
Ha! Star Tracers gets funded virtually guaranteeing lawsuits and more Derek mysteries, this is the best thread

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Well as long as about half the people arrive at the promised destination more or less on time and in the way you basically promised they would it's a win.

-White Star Line school of software development.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Daztek posted:

(Full Burn)
Winner takes all
(Full Burn)
hear the call
(Full Burn)
going into the black and there's no turning back

should be

(Full Burn)
Derek takes all
(Full Burn)
hear the call
(Full Burn)
going into the red and there's no turning back

(Full Burn)
The feds take all
(Full Burn)
You get one prison phone call
(Full Burn)
Once chris goes black there's no turning back (around cause you're getting bummed,chris)

GabrielMobius
Mar 22, 2016

everything is fine

Cosmic Owl posted:

Ha! Star Tracers gets funded virtually guaranteeing lawsuits and more Derek mysteries, this is the best thread

Nominating this for :parpcorn:

This thread just keeps on giving.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Erin Roberts quit.

Like that YouTube comment said.

It would be very much in keeping with the way this whole shitshow has gone down for that to be true. Jokes and dismissed rumours and cryptic messages in strange places which later turn out to be true.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

eviljack posted:

Wait.. no.... it's can't end.. my shitposting career is barely off the ground.... I had plans.. dreams of where I could have been 600 pages hence... all shot to poo poo...

even if CIG declared bankruptcy tomorrow this thread would still be 1000s of posts from dead. There would be months, possibly years, of tears, autopsies, and confessionals to absorb for sustenance.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

:garycorn:

e: :parpcorn: is a far better suggestion

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

I wish emotes could be threadtitles

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Cosmic Owl posted:

Ha ha

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

G0RF posted:

To me, this is the official song - and video - about the end of Star Citizen. (It's about as Stimperial as Stimperial gets. And the lyrics are prophetic as hell.)

Holy poo poo man, nice one :golfclap:

eviljack posted:

Consider yourself a rookie with a whole world of shitposting ahead of you, this was a glorious battle that got you started, you were on the frontline of the big one, the one that everyone will be talking about....

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

Cosmic Owl posted:

:prepop:

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

TODD BONZALEZ
Jul 3, 2010

Cosmic Owl posted:

GabrielMobius posted:

Nominating this for :parpcorn:

This thread just keeps on giving.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Somebody get ahold of Bootcha and tell him fuzzknot can make all the knitting and "my awesome boyfriend" posts she wants, but it's really important to be with family in times like this.

We're a family.

The Something Awful Forums Star Citizen Thread(s) Goon Family.

I'm crying right now.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Atheist Sunglasses
Jul 26, 2003

All the candy you want. Crotton crandy, crandy apple. I like to go on the best ride first. Name of roller croaster.

so in "3 days" its April fools day and i have a feeling that D. Smart is just gonna post "gotcha!" on twitter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Dusty Lens posted:

Well as long as about half the people arrive at the promised destination more or less on time and in the way you basically promised they would it's a win.

-White Star Line school of software development.

The obvious parallel is the Titanic, but I like to think of CIG as the Britannic, who went down trying to bring hope to a bunch of invalids.

Plus I'd rather be thought of as the Kaiserliche Marine than an iceberg.

• Locked thread