Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VealCutlet
Dec 21, 2015

I am a marketing god, shave that shit

Jesus christ, these fuckheads are delusional. What are the odds on those six ritualistically topping themselves when this shitpile goes down?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

titaniumone
Jun 10, 2001

Google Butt posted:

what happens after star citizen is the vast majority of you go back to gbs and talking about wrong ram

all good things must come to an end

El Spamo
Aug 21, 2003

Fuss and misery
that hat

VealCutlet
Dec 21, 2015

Vid not working :ohdear:

Haskell9
Sep 23, 2008

post it live
The Great Twist

MeLKoR posted:

This is so loving stupid, he could be Rembrandt and he'd still have traced that Jessica Biel picture.

Posting from the past: It's worse than that - he didn't trace anything but step #1 of his attempt to fake having drawn poo poo. He just straight up c/p'ed the original art into photoshop and manipulated it. I've made a billion retarded shops and gifs that way over the years and I know it when I see it.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

quote:

This video does not exist.

: (

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

that's him in the stupid hat

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Google Butt posted:

what happens after star citizen is the vast majority of you go back to gbs and talking about wrong ram

woah woah woah the xbox one all in one entertainment system has the wrong ram?

runsamok
Jan 12, 2011

GabrielMobius posted:

Been watching Dimension W over my wife's shoulder. It's pretty good.

Erased served me well this season, was the only thing I bothered to actually sit down and watch. I'm getting cynical about a lot of anime recently, nothing catches my fancy anymore.

(My tastes could also be hosed, I unironically adore Star Driver and still want to buy Blu-Rays of it just to own it forever.)

Erased & Dimension W were excellent. I've enjoyed Gundam:IBO (though it's been inconsistent) as well, it's getting a second season so it's done well.

Looking forward to Macross Delta & Gundam Unicorn RE0096 starting up soon, along with Kabaneri Of The Iron Fortress & Kiznaiver.

I'm permanently 13 though.

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

Google Butt posted:

all i'm saying is that RAMBUS could've worked

nobody gave it a chance

Wrecked Angle
May 12, 2012

"JURASSIC PARK!"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zy5KYnRYpHY

^^^^ Solar Pleb vid

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

kirsus posted:

Also in Star Traders news, I've sent jamga, the artist of the TIE Fighter Pilot a note on Facebook and got this in response:

I've sent a few messages to other people as well, but the only other response I got was this:

God's work commando.

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

VealCutlet posted:

Vid not working :ohdear:

Mah bad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zy5KYnRYpHY

GabrielMobius
Mar 22, 2016

everything is fine

runsamok posted:

Erased & Dimension W were excellent. I've enjoyed Gundam:IBO (though it's been inconsistent) as well, it's getting a second season so it's done well.

Looking forward to Macross Delta & Gundam Unicorn RE0096 starting up soon, along with Kabaneri Of The Iron Fortress & Kiznaiver.

I'm permanently 13 though.

I have been a bad Gundam fan. Haven't watched IBO or Unicorn yet.

VealCutlet
Dec 21, 2015

Good stuff! I feel the jpegs at the end should be purchasable...

VealCutlet fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Mar 29, 2016

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

So Derek. As you stated CIG is out of money. When do payroll checks bounce?

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

kirsus posted:

Also in Star Traders news, I've sent jamga, the artist of the TIE Fighter Pilot a note on Facebook and got this in response:

I've sent a few messages to other people as well, but the only other response I got was this:

I see you sent my GIF without crediting me, STOLEN VALOR (jk, good job, hope the fuckers burn.)

runsamok
Jan 12, 2011

GabrielMobius posted:

I have been a bad Gundam fan. Haven't watched IBO or Unicorn yet.

I really dig Unicorn, but I'm a huge UC fanboy.

I've been enjoying IBO both on screen & in gunpla form. Some neat engineering in the kits.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Turd Burglar posted:

Have you not seen the "I thought x was y for the longest time!" posts on these forums? Goons are horrible with faces.

Also turkey neck apparently runs in the roberts family.

The phrase used in the KSP thread is “nerds can't people” — it seems applicable here.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Happy Sisyphus posted:

why do so many nerds wear hats they look really bad

already at close to the bottom of the social totem pole, rapidly going bald, and totally incapable of knowing what looks good, specially if it is belt-related.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Happy Sisyphus posted:

why do so many nerds wear hats they look really bad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhAr_UeroCk

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Eonwe posted:

What's your favorite anime

That one with the chick with pink hair and huge baps.

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

I donno, I've been burned many times before thinking it's the end.

Even though derek's probably right about whatever the gently caress he's talking about (I don't think he's the dumb april fools joke type), I've learned to not under estimate the power of this cult. Even if Erin and half his team left, people will believe whatever story CIG comes up with, and the money will still flow... maybe a little slower tho. Also Chris Roberts will ride this poo poo train to the bitter end.

I could be wrong though, and I hope it ends soon, I spend way to much time following this poo poo for no reason.

GabrielMobius
Mar 22, 2016

everything is fine

runsamok posted:

I really dig Unicorn, but I'm a huge UC fanboy.

I've been enjoying IBO both on screen & in gunpla form. Some neat engineering in the kits.

I've also been bad about my kits, I still have an MG Kampfer and Alex to assemble. I need to look at the IBO kits for when I get a chance to do some more building.

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

D1E posted:

LOL why don't I see anything like that in the transcript? He mentions developments from SQ42 (like additional playable ships) being pushed out to the PU.

Damnit Derek I was all hot and bothered.
yep sounds like procedural stuff is coming this year

everything coming up crobbers

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

Doxcat is watching you PU.

im the guy who bought an old pirate hat and thought it was a cool idea

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

VealCutlet posted:

Good stuff! I feel the jpegs at the end should be purchasable...

Gonna agree on both counts here.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Turd Burglar posted:

Anime is worse than star citizen

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

Doxcat is watching you PU.

trucutru posted:

already at close to the bottom of the social totem pole, rapidly going bald, and totally incapable of knowing what looks good, specially if it is belt-related.

what if it fits better? lasts longer? looks amazing?

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
can one of you guys who knows how to use computers make a thing that just displays all the images posted in this thread its hard to find images since there are so many pages

thanks

runsamok
Jan 12, 2011

GabrielMobius posted:

I've also been bad about my kits, I still have an MG Kampfer and Alex to assemble. I need to look at the IBO kits for when I get a chance to do some more building.

Also check out Thunderbolt. 4 15-minute shorts. Lots of jazz & early UC mecha action in what I think is the highest-quality mecha animation I've seen.

4th one is out April 22, other 3 are around now.

E: I have a 1/60 G-System Kampfer sitting in my backlog. Love the suit.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Goobs posted:

what if it fits better? lasts longer? looks amazing?

I would be interested in that. My current belt is full of holes.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Iron Tusk posted:

Can anyone make heads or tails of what this guy is trying to say?

https://www.reddit.com/user/Secondhand-politics
The implication seems to me that a CIG-friendly goon is running meta-con and it hints (I think?) that Derek's (new?) source(s?) have been feeding him bogus intel to set up for a later big reveal. Which could itself be true. Or could be a reverse meta-con against SC believers in that subreddit. Or maybe I'm just misreading it altogether. I like the :tinfoil: possibilities of it for the "Who's Zoomin' Who?" :lol:S.

I'm still seeing too many signs of "everything under control, situation normal" behavior at CIG to expect a sudden extinction event. I suppose it's possible but I still think there are too many canaries singing happily in the coal mines to start talking about toxic death clouds exploding up from the hidden depths. I just don't think companies nearing the end of their cash keep doing the same thing until sudden predictable death hits. Where then are the evasive manuevers?

High profile departure rumors have swirled about awhile but I'm not sure the last time a true heavy duty player bolted the scene.
If it does happen well, that's canaries bugging out rather than suffocating. I guess I'm still waiting to see that before I set the Doomsday clock on minute closer to midnight... Derek HAS been fairly accurate on defections so I'm not calling bullcrap or anything. Agnosticism seems like the pragmatic course to me.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

kirsus posted:

http://i.imgur.com/rhfdcdA.gif

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Incredible.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Folie_%C3%A0_deux

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

G0RF posted:

The implication seems to me that a CIG-friendly goon is running meta-con and it hints (I think?) that Derek's (new?) source(s?) have been feeding him bogus intel to set up for a later big reveal. Which could itself be true. Or could be a reverse meta-con against SC believers in that subreddit. Or maybe I'm just misreading it altogether. I like the :tinfoil: possibilities of it for the "Who's Zoomin' Who?" :lol:S.

I'm still seeing too many signs of "everything under control, situation normal" behavior at CIG to expect a sudden extinction event. I suppose it's possible but I still think there are too many canaries singing happily in the coal mines to start talking about toxic death clouds exploding up from the hidden depths. I just don't think companies nearing the end of their cash keep doing the same thing until sudden predictable death hits. Where then are the evasive manuevers?

High profile departure rumors have swirled about awhile but I'm not sure the last time a true heavy duty player bolted the scene.
If it does happen well, that's canaries bugging out rather than suffocating. I guess I'm still waiting to see that before I set the Doomsday clock on minute closer to midnight... Derek HAS been fairly accurate on defections so I'm not calling bullcrap or anything. Agnosticism seems like the pragmatic course to me.

Check your PMs :)

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3
I'm 6 pages behind but transcripts incoming soon.

Also, holy shitballs!

El Grillo
Jan 3, 2008
Fun Shoe
I feel like Derek hasn't gone full anime psychotic in the thread for a while and that this is a positive development for our little community. Well done, Dr Smart. You keep shouting incomprehensibly at those invisible men. Some day they'll hear you!
e: just to be clear it is possible that he's right and this thing is experiencing failure cascade right now, it's just really funny that he does this periodically and nothing ever happens, but his faith is always unshakeable that it's just around the corner. I'm glad for the internet's sake he doesn't write the blog posts anymore though, you could hear the tubes creaking under the weight of all those words.

titaniumone
Jun 10, 2001

reject derek; embrace g0rf and scruffpuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

I still find it exceedingly difficult to believe that Erin Roberts would jump in front of the camera to give a rundown on what's going on when he's aware that the company is going to be tits in the breeze in 96 hours. Say what you want about him "being in LA" but CIG has demonstrated no issue with airing a 10ftartists/producers/engineers/whoever in the past. As far as the general population is concerned there's no great panic to squash down and no reason to believe that things are other than as sluggish but otherwise drama free as they have ever been.

In point of fact if the recent spat of pant making GBS threads bell ringing hadn't taken place over the past few hours we'd still be chuckling quietly over Trace Commander and the usual nonsense that sprouts up on a Monday.

While I do enjoy said pants making GBS threads hyperbole it feels like the only wad being blown this week isn't going to be CIGs.

• Locked thread