Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Asiina posted:

I can't tell if this guy is auspol's version of imgay or is actually unable to give a single reason for his vote.

Like there are actual reasons people can give to vote for me. They're wrong, but they exist. Can you not think of one?

Because the onus shouldn't be on me to give you reasons why I think you're scum, you've got half the thread thinking you're scum and were -1 away from hammer.
I don't need to do another megapost of quotes because I've made up my mind for the moment, and have also provided you a reason when I voted for you.

If you are town you need to come appear 'townlike', and at the moment you appear to be floundering and lashing out once the votes started piling up on you.

PBS Newshour posted:

wait what the hell?

i was sleeping. i only got one PM warning and in that you didn't even said if i didn't send one in time i would be replaced.

Well.. this seems like a balls up..

Seems like this would pretty much confirm PBS/Khris as town right?
If he was scum there'd be no reason for him to submit a Will during night phase and could have posted it to Bowmore during the day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ytCEuuW2_A

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

"Let me get this straight..."
I'm not sold on the asiina lynch. Ive seen stuff like it too often.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

people they want us to fall down
but we won't ever touch the ground
we're perfectly balanced, we float around
til no one is here, do you hear the sound?

Lipstick Apathy
In what way does this confirm anyone? I think kk is town as gently caress but scum can be replaced for missing night actions the same way anyone else can.

I was mega suspicious of asiina during night phase obvs but the way the votes stacked on her just screams lazy scum push. Infinitum is either dense or scum, maybe both, and i don't believe that imgay seriously doesn't understand how "wait why are you voting for X???" Counts as defending that person because lol.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Infinitum posted:

Because the onus shouldn't be on me to give you reasons why I think you're scum, you've got half the thread thinking you're scum and were -1 away from hammer.
I don't need to do another megapost of quotes because I've made up my mind for the moment, and have also provided you a reason when I voted for you.

If you are town you need to come appear 'townlike', and at the moment you appear to be floundering and lashing out once the votes started piling up on you.

What? Of course the responsibility is yours to explain your vote. That's the entire point of the game! Other people voting me have nothing to do with it when you can't give a reason.

Also your reason for when you voted makes no sense at all and I asked you to rephrase it which you never responded to.

Infinitum posted:

No that was a scumslip and anyone could see he wasn't checking the thread as he didn't know votefinder was busted, and was a lazy push on me.

He was an easy read.

We know, you posted last page.

##vote Asiina

Asiina posted:

What? You aren't even making sense. Who made a scumslip? Who wasn't checking the thread? Who is an easy read?

Also if you actually read my post you'll see it was the post I had prepared before my internet went down and I just posted it as is.

Because I'm voting for Anidav and have the most votes?

How does that make me scum?

And I will ask again, how exactly should I be appearing townlike? You've said this twice, but have not explained what it means or how I'm not doing it?

I think it's because you can't find a thing that is "townlike" that I haven't been doing. I'm obviously going to defend myself when there's a turbo on me within 2 hours of the day opening, but I've also given multiple reads on other people who I think are scum and reasons why. How exactly is this floundering or lashing out?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Infinitum posted:

Well.. this seems like a balls up..

Seems like this would pretty much confirm PBS/Khris as town right?
If he was scum there'd be no reason for him to submit a Will during night phase and could have posted it to Bowmore during the day.

It takes some leaps in logic to understand this, but I get what you're saying. It's just dumb and wrong. Just because Meinberg wrote his in advance because he was the lynch target D1 before there was a possibility for a will doesn't mean that scum wrote all theirs during the day or that a town person couldn't have PM'd their will to bowmore if they were the D1 lynch. There's no reason to assume that at all.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Like I'm honestly just so :psyduck: at

Infinitum posted:

Because the onus shouldn't be on me to give you reasons why I think you're scum

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
here is my being replaced will

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-w5mQum9W7M

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

So it Is Khris? What's the score here?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I went to bed early and missed all the day 2 immediate discussion.

I'm getting ready for work so for now I'm just going to post my will, since it still holds I think:

Scum pick for me at the moment is Asiina and Infinitum.

Infinitum for a few reasons. First, this post:

Infinitum posted:

Current lynchtargets with the most votes:
Max - NonAuspol hard to read as I haven't played any games with them. Could go either way, but Asiina pointed out some weird phrasing that could be a scumslip.. though I'm loathe to use that as concrete anything D1. Does make him a real good D1 candidate tho, especially after ]he votes Meinberg in retaliation, then starts pushing Anidav

Meinberg - Again NonAuspol dude, and got a whole bunch of votes pile onto him after Max starts it. I would need votefinder back to see who's swinging votes around to make any sort of read. I would lean towards town atm.

tl;dr
- I think D1 lynch should be Max.
- Real suss on Birdstrike and Kash.
- NonAusPol dudes are hard to read, because never played with them.

Please notice how he frames Meinberg and myself when discussing us. He gives a fairly in depth analysis about me and why he finds me suspicious, but also claims to not know me super well because I am not an auspol player. He points out the same fact about Meinberg, but gives no real analysis aside from "leans town." I do not believe town would have looked at his vote and thought "Oh yeah, that was a town vote." This seems like a classic scum move of at least looking like you are mentioning your scum buddy without really saying much about them.

For the cherry on top (I can't generate a regular quote because the thread is locked, sorry.)

Meinberg posted:

I did indeed miss Infinitum's analysis post, but looking at it now, it seems that he has some fairly decent reads on Birdstrike and Kashuno, and I don't disagree with any points there.

The second half of that post is as wishy-washy as me at my worst, and a lot of "oh D1 is so hard" to boot.

You could say this was Meinberg trying to do some WIFOM before he potentially died, but I don't think so.

Asiina
Mainly the way she tried to push Anidav near deadline. I thought, on reflection, that Anidav's post was a bad town post that looked ripe for scum to take advantage of. Also, how can you possibly believe that Meinberg's claim that his vote was a joke and not scummy? I didn't believe it for a second.

I feel better about Infinitum than Asiina, if I had to choose, though Asiina pushing Bird of all people doesn't make sense to me, and Anidav just looks like they made a dumb post that people (including me) jumped on and is probably town.

I see KK picked up on the same line of thing I saw after D1 ended, so he is cool and good.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Infinitum posted:

People yet to vote/check-in D2

fiery_valkyrie
Gwynplaine
Max
SirSamVines
spacing in vienna

Would like to hear more from you lads.

Reminder that I'm in America, and will be out of sync with others in this game because of time zones.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Anyway, before I get dressed and head out:

##vote Infinitum since I think he's scum and Asiina is pretty close to being lunched at the moment.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I'd be fine with an Asiina lunch but want the day to play out more before that happens.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Nice of you to leave out the part where Meinberg obviously scumslips and I jump on it immediately, instead of ignoring it completely if I was scum.

Please pounce on my initial D1 thoughts some more tho.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

PBS Newshour posted:

wait what the hell?

i was sleeping. i only got one PM warning and in that you didn't even said if i didn't send one in time i would be replaced.
Don't follow my rules and your out, you posted multiple times in the Disc thread while this thread was closed. Sorry man.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

Infinitum posted:

Very well.

Current Day 1 comedy shitfest scum reads:
Birdstrike - Would be my prime candidate for scum. Was the initial vote on Max for no reason, then others jumped on

Infinitum, can you expand on this a bit further. You say on D1 that he is your prime scum suspect, but then you never vote for him or even mention him again. In fact, you continue to vote for Max, despite criticising his vote on Max.

You haven't mentioned him today either. Do you think he is still scum? If not, why not?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I received a gift from the dearly departed.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Infinitum posted:

Nice of you to leave out the part where Meinberg obviously scumslips and I jump on it immediately, instead of ignoring it completely if I was scum.

Please pounce on my initial D1 thoughts some more tho.

Point out the obvious scumslip that you vigorously pushed D1 because it was a scumslip and you were town you would naturally push that case to your dying breath.

Because looking back on it, your vote on Meinberg looks like an OMGUS vote, but that is assuming you are town.

You two interact with each other without actually saying many substantive things, and that is more often than not a scum tell to me. I feel like were bussing each other to pull suspicion away from you, since Meinberg was starting to go down at that point and you didn't want the bad look of calling me scum but leaning town on Meinberg earlier to be there.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Infinitum, can you expand on this a bit further. You say on D1 that he is your prime scum suspect, but then you never vote for him or even mention him again. In fact, you continue to vote for Max, despite criticising his vote on Max.

You haven't mentioned him today either. Do you think he is still scum? If not, why not?

Haha, I missed this aspect of that post, that actually makes them look worse.

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Ask me about being a SJW in EE and working to make anyone who disagrees with me a villain and gets no opportunity to defend themselves at all because my army or sycophants I buy off with pixels follows me blindly.

this guy gets it :respek:

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Ask me about being a SJW in EE and working to make anyone who disagrees with me a villain and gets no opportunity to defend themselves at all because my army or sycophants I buy off with pixels follows me blindly.

gonna ##unvote for now, no reason to rush

Max
Nov 30, 2002

SirSamVimes posted:

I guess you could call it two seperate gifts.

Actually, I want to talk about the gift stuff for a second too.

I was wondering if scum would come in and claim they got a gift and claim it was from the town they NK'd.

1) I can believe Kash would give the gift to SSV, because reading SSV back, he seems like he was coming at things from a town perspective. I don't see any reason why Kash would have also given a gift(s) to Infinitum.

2) It's entirely possible that things have changed a bit from the last time that Bow ran this game, but from what I remember about how you gift things to people, there wasn't really a way to give out the number of gifts that have been claimed, you didn't have enough dead money to spread around that much, especially if one of the gifts seems really good/overpowered.

It's always possible for scum to receive a gift from town, but I don't see any reason why Kash would have picked Infinitum.

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Maybe Infinitum is claiming the gift Meinberg gave out :colbert:

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Khris Kruel posted:

Yeah, I should have added that at the end of my last post. That's pretty much what I'm implying.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Max posted:

Point out the obvious scumslip that you vigorously pushed D1 because it was a scumslip and you were town you would naturally push that case to your dying breath.

Because looking back on it, your vote on Meinberg looks like an OMGUS vote, but that is assuming you are town.

No because looking back on it, it struck me as odd that anyone that was town would be looking for scum even during jokephase, and he waltzes in with "Why is Infinitum only talking about votefinder" when everyone knew it was broken.

Does that strike you as someone who has been paying attention and searching the thread for clues and to start forming their own opinions on people? (town)
Or
Does it strike you as someone who's just checked in and is trying to stir poo poo up? (scum)

quote:

You two interact with each other without actually saying many substantive things

Hard to interact with people who don't post much.

Meinberg has 16 posts total

spacing has 12
Gwyn has 11
Tremendous Taste has 9

How is anyone meant to get a read, let alone interact, with these people?

If you want to vote for me fine, but you're barking up the wrong tree.

Khris Kruel posted:

gonna ##unvote for now, no reason to rush

This is a fair call as well
##unvote

I'd like to see more posts from people who don't post much.

Khris Kruel posted:

How do you know Meinberg gave a gift out? :nyoron:

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Infinitum posted:

from the OP, it says everyone who dies gives out gifts

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Another reading comprehension fail, Infinitum. I bore of you, you are not worthy of my time

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Infinitum posted:

Everyone gets to give out gifts and leave a will.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Spacing prolly scum, they way the got super defensive when someone pointed out that Capps/KK is prolly confirmed town

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

JakeP posted:

Spacing prolly scum, they way the got super defensive when someone pointed out that Capps/KK is prolly confirmed town

It read to me like a scum player frustrated that players are getting confirmed because of the lack of vanilla PMs

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
is it gosh that I m casing someone on that? prolly, but what I say to people who call my actions gosh is tough titties schmitty (where the person I am talking to is either named schmitty or I am disrespecting them by calling them the wrong name)

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
and by gosh i mean gauche

Max
Nov 30, 2002

spacing in vienna posted:

Or that. I'm down with that.

Hey Spacing, why were you suddenly OK with turboing gwyn so close to deadline?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

JakeP posted:

I could see that.

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

Honestly, rightly or wrongly Kashuno and Infinitums posting style has always struck me as similar. It would not astound me if Kash would bequeath powers to him, perhaps sensing a kindred spirit.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I don't buy that.

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

Max posted:

I don't buy that.

Comforting.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Rude x2. You realize we eventually went on to win the soldiers game.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
what

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Gwyn is poking at me because I am apparently wrong a lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max
Nov 30, 2002

They did it earlier in this game, you can hit their question mark button and see.

• Locked thread