Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

Tremendous Taste posted:

Not really, but great meme guy

Nah Podima's right. Betrayer's being a concern troll just because he doesn't like the community anymore. We've gotten a lot of new players, some of which are the biggest posters in this thread. We have a lot of people who play mafia without posting here, and a lot of people who, when they started playing, also started posting here. The idea that our community is dying because of this thread being in TG is a farce.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

There are even a high number of people who don't play at all that do post here, maybe even as many as half. Sooo...invalid stance?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
they are all those weird auspool people who are mysterious and weird too

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
i wish i had a pool

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

PBS Newshour posted:

they are all those weird auspool people who are mysterious and weird too

Also Ecco, me, Keane, Betrayer, merk, ixt (i think doesn't play anyway)

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

My dog went to sleep in my arms today and then drifted off to sleep forever. Utilize your time with your animals, they don't live forever.

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Ask me about being a SJW in EE and working to make anyone who disagrees with me a villain and gets no opportunity to defend themselves at all because my army or sycophants I buy off with pixels follows me blindly.

can anyone explain the history of auspol to me. I'm completely confused about these guys. I don't think they like me

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i assume they started doing a few mafia games cause mills used to post in there a lot

Max
Nov 30, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0iMuBo-1eDo

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
auspol is australian politics originally from the monthyl auspol D&D threads, and like most correct people they hate right wingers.
mills introduced them to mafia and then they discovered that their natural inclination to yell at conservatives could also be used in game form to yell at each other.

being a trump supporter you will not fit in nor understand.

they are p cool girls and guys and the mafia games have a much different feel to the regular mafia thread ones.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
except for birbstrike of course who has no idea what a sense of humour is

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

BottleKnight posted:

Nah Podima's right. Betrayer's being a concern troll just because he doesn't like the community anymore. We've gotten a lot of new players, some of which are the biggest posters in this thread. We have a lot of people who play mafia without posting here, and a lot of people who, when they started playing, also started posting here. The idea that our community is dying because of this thread being in TG is a farce.

There have always been a few autists at any given point that can't help but spree post (yours truly, at one time) but that's not indicative of the state of samafia. The game and community is considerably worse by and large than it used to be, and the thread is just a symptom of that

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

They would have gotten my norm McDonald joke

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Auspol is a bunch of weirdos that put our obnoxious insularity to shame

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
if the gbs games take off we will have three mafia styles... hmm yes.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
then we will find a champion from each style to send to far off lands...

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Give dgsw the keys, thingy man

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

TT i s right

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

Tremendous Taste posted:

Auspol is a bunch of weirdos that put our obnoxious insularity to shame

they like comics, transformers and anime.

so they're exactly the same as this thread really. it'd be cool if they played more games with the wider community but there were some bad experiences early on from mafia players rocking up into their games and just making GBS threads over them being all obnoxious and mafsplaining so it turned them off for the most part.

but yes plenty of weirdos both there and here, on the something awful forums

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...
the only true mafia is my mafia (and by extention busbs)

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

busb posted:

mafia players rocking up into their games and just making GBS threads over them being all obnoxious and mafsplaining so it turned them off for the most part.

I very much believe that

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

Tremendous Taste posted:

I very much believe that

Because you did it to them

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Ask me about being a SJW in EE and working to make anyone who disagrees with me a villain and gets no opportunity to defend themselves at all because my army or sycophants I buy off with pixels follows me blindly.

we got stickied in GBS

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

:smug:

Nah the only auspol game I ever played they murdered me n1 because I wasn't auspol

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Nice the game got stickied. This poo poo might actually happen

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
I thank PBS for their newfound GBS fame bringing in more players

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Kashuno posted:

I thank PBS for their newfound GBS fame bringing in more players

Capps died for our sins so mafia could live

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

Dammit I just lost 500 dollars on one hole of golf

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Mags!

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Rarity posted:

Capps died for our sins so mafia could live

hes the hero we need, but not the one we deserve

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Rurea posted:

hes the hero we need, but not the one we deserve

you got it backwards

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

It was nes open golf and my winnings from playing nes open tournaments

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
actually it was Kris PMing lady ambien but sure lets go with the capps thing

magnus you should probably give up gambling and drinking and not grow any crops on your farm that you can turn into moonshine

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

MG3 posted:

It was nes open golf and my winnings from playing nes open tournaments

GOOFUS makes his Mafia friends worry about him!!!

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

Tremendous Taste posted:

GOOFUS makes his Mafia friends worry about him!!!

I'm sorry that wasn't nice

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

My formative non-Auspol Mafia experiences involved Harold Krell, so yes that scarred me for life.

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

Bifauxnen posted:

My formative non-Auspol Mafia experiences involved Harold Krell, so yes that scarred me for life.

Harold krell is a treasure

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I'd play in Khris Kruels game but I would worry about getting probated by a certain forums owners nazi wife.

I mean what even is the point of playing a game in GBS when half the thread gets probated for normal things that get posted in every mafia game...

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

PBS got probated with the other trolls in the thread lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

Lol yeah she's harsh