Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

D_Smart posted:

It's fake.

What's the proof worth to you DS?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

orcinus posted:

Seraph, his butthole wide.

MoMA, his belts unfurled.
[/quote]

They assured me of the quality. Apparently, you can't trust projects on Kickstsrter anymore . . .

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

D_Smart posted:

ahahahaha!! Watch pgabz, someone is after your crown!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POtzFnKiwHI

:negative:

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

hi peter

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

ManofManyAliases posted:

Apparently, you can't trust projects on Kickstsrter anymore . . .

I'm the spaces in the ellipsis

TODD BONZALEZ
Jul 3, 2010

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

I'm a sucker for cheap-as-free Chinese crap, so I've gone ahead and ordered one of these beauties (along with a keyboard and stylus pen):

http://www.gearbest.com/tablet-pcs/pp_325534.html

All I wanted was something with a non-capacitive stylus thingie to read comics and maybe do some art stuff on
You'll be the first to hear my review of it, don't worry

am I right in thinking I can use this with a wacom or similar stylus that's not like a giant loving thumb, and install photoshop/illustrator on it and use it like a sketchbook? if so I'm going to get one too because I've been wanting something like that and it's a good price

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
:shepspends::retrogames::homebrew::lesnick::homebrew::retrogames::shepspends:

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

WebDog posted:

Yowzers if that's the case, even in 2002 it would be quite a task to buy a forged parchment.

To her credit she did enough research for it to look plausible, knowing what colours to wear.

She really can't be that desperate to rock up in full garb for a photoshoot of a fake...unless that's actually a modeling photo for an ad.

Other possibility is that it's not a degree but something else. It's clear she has flunked out at some point.

Can you clarify just what the hell is going on? :v

I wasn't referring to the photo as being fake. Then again, it could be a promo shoot since she's an "actress".

I was referring to this: https://archive.is/lvyUS and this http://imgur.com/azkWb4q.jpg and this

https://twitter.com/SandiGardiner/status/636394150913445888

Then there's this: http://s21.postimg.org/4h9w2la3r/Capturar3.jpg

Also this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRE2BBQR4tc&feature=youtu.be&t=30m23s // this is a transcription Gold mine!

And this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbF8cWOLwEI&feature=youtu.be&t=1m32s // transcription Gold mine!

Original Sunny article

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

I'm a sucker for cheap-as-free Chinese crap, so I've gone ahead and ordered one of these beauties (along with a keyboard and stylus pen):

http://www.gearbest.com/tablet-pcs/pp_325534.html

All I wanted was something with a non-capacitive stylus thingie to read comics and maybe do some art stuff on
You'll be the first to hear my review of it, don't worry

I got a dirt cheap (like £40) Win tablet and it's alright for the price but that looks like a decent bit of kit.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Sillybones posted:

What's the proof worth to you DS?

Proof of it being real? Or of it being fake?

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

cocaine dad show posted:

am I right in thinking I can use this with a wacom or similar stylus that's not like a giant loving thumb, and install photoshop/illustrator on it and use it like a sketchbook? if so I'm going to get one too because I've been wanting something like that and it's a good price

I've done a lot of research so I can probably get you some tips if you tell me your price/usage reqs re:keyboard, resolution, cpu, ports and so on

There are chinese tablets with actual Wacom tech that uses passive styluses. that one's not one of them, but uses an active (chargeable, non-capacitive) stylus http://www.geekbuying.com/item/Original-Cube-CEP02-Active-Stylus-Pen-for-Cube-iWork10-Flagship-Tablet---Black-364168.htm

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

i want to get a tour of CIG and then just kind of push all the desks together and have my team of models walk in on top of them

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

D_Smart posted:

ahahahaha!! Watch pgabz, someone is after your crown!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POtzFnKiwHI

This is legit funny.

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

So I was playing Naval Action last night (IT'S IN ALPHA GUYS) and someone was in chat thanking 'commandos' for their help in a recent battle.

I giggled like a child.

That's my tangentially related Star Citizen story for today.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

alphabettitouretti posted:

I got a dirt cheap (like £40) Win tablet and it's alright for the price but that looks like a decent bit of kit.

I fell for the detachable keyboard with hinges. If I'd known that this one would be available today I would have bought it instead:

http://www.banggood.com/VOYO-VBook-V3-Ultimate-Stylus-64G-Intel-Core-M3-6Y30-13_3-Inch-Windows-10-Tablet-p-1033679.html

Lenovo Yoga clone with great cpu, 1080p resolution, SSD drive, stylus included for $415 shipped

Haskell9
Sep 23, 2008

post it live
The Great Twist

fuctifino posted:

Has anyone discovered any original Ryan Archer artwork? Or can he only trace other people's work?

Dude doesn't even trace most of it. He just c/ps the stolen art into photoshop and manipulates it.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

In case anyone missed this:

quote:

Before I learned she was an actress, I thought she was a whore. Pardon me. Hard to tell. Lots of young girls look like it. Now and then I get one here, got to boot them out. But she was more... what?... crazy than anything.
I don't mean crazy like oddball or, you know, wacky funny. No, this one was certifiable. All that walking at night, all the wandering in the hallways, unable to sleep, a woman with demons pursuing her. Still, I had to tell her to
leave, but I never got around to doing it. Maybe I wouldn't have. I felt sorry for her. A pretty girl and so crazy. Still, people like Chris Roberts came to see her. What does that tell you? She told my granddaughter she was
gonna marry Chris Roberts, and my Susie started crying. But I told her that Chris Roberts is not marrying Sandi. Not on this good green Earth. Him, up there in the movies. Big time. All la-di-dah in his sunglasses. No way
he's marrying her. You know what she was? A failed actress. And let me tell you, there's nothing more pathetic in this town than a failed actress. Pity and tsk tsk from everyone. You didn't make it. Of course, they think they
will. This town's bottom heavy with sad lives.

It's not real, I just made a parody!

Full Metal Boxers
Feb 20, 2007

COME LITTLE BITCOIN.... COME MY WAY.....IN THE MID NIGHT HOUR... I YELL NO NO NO... WITH A REBEL YELL I YELL MORE MORE MORE.... BIT COIN... I WANT TO FUCK YOU

Crazy_BlackParrot posted:

LMAO! I don't know wth you do around here, but you have a way to piss off people lol.

There was a time, in the long-long-ago, when this thread was worth not making GBS threads up, if only out of consideration for the effort Beer put into it.

Nowadays making GBS threads the thread is the thread. And what a glorious thread it is.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Phi230 posted:

Smart, when the scam fell

After the Verse

Full Metal Boxers
Feb 20, 2007

COME LITTLE BITCOIN.... COME MY WAY.....IN THE MID NIGHT HOUR... I YELL NO NO NO... WITH A REBEL YELL I YELL MORE MORE MORE.... BIT COIN... I WANT TO FUCK YOU
Seraph, I have kept my avatar pure, awaiting your return, that all may bask in the light of your insanity. It is only right that you should be with us here at the end.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
Have we considered the possibility that Sandi is in fact a poorly photoshopped copy of Jessica Biel that gained sentience and is trying to re-enter the movie dimension

Nebiros
Apr 25, 2013

The scarf is nice.

Picayune posted:

Ben and Alexis kinda look like they were lifted from something by Lar deSouza, although that guy is so prolific that finding the actual drawings would be beyond me. (Also I'd have to read Least I Could Do. Blech.)

Ben's design kept reminding me of Whomp! and it was a pain in the rear end trying to remember the name of that comic.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

orcinus posted:

WTH is this thing:

... and what is it doing?

Looks like a badly traced Baymax figurine from Big Hero 6.

Because of course Ben would have a robot marshmallow figure on his desk.

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

D_Smart posted:

Proof of it being real? Or of it being fake?

Either one. I assume it is fake; the parchment she is holding in that photo. If it is real it will be very easy to find it. Did she change her name ever?

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Skellybones posted:

Have we considered the possibility that Sandi is in fact a poorly photoshopped copy of Jessica Biel that gained sentience and is trying to re-enter the movie dimension

I've heard less plausible origin stories, like the one she made in that interview, so yeah. Sure. Let's go with that.

Nov 3, 2015

Give me all your crackers

I've done a lot of research so I can probably get you some tips if you tell me your price/usage reqs re:keyboard, resolution, cpu, ports and so on

There are chinese tablets with actual Wacom tech that uses passive styluses. that one's not one of them, but uses an active (chargeable, non-capacitive) stylus http://www.geekbuying.com/item/Original-Cube-CEP02-Active-Stylus-Pen-for-Cube-iWork10-Flagship-Tablet---Black-364168.htm

Item not showing up. I am also interested.

Edit: I miss the monkey. Good job Lowtax you might force me to spend money

1500 fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Mar 30, 2016

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

did /r/dereksmart find out about the escapist layoffs yet? im anticipating the :smug:

TODD BONZALEZ
Jul 3, 2010

That would be very useful thank you - my main requirements are for it to be able to comfortably run Photoshop and use a non-capacitive stylus, passive is very desirable as I already have a comfortable and good Wacom pen that I could use. I'd like to use it as a portable sketchbook, the Samsung tablet I've had for a while isn't very good for this as it's capacitive only in terms of stylus. My Wacom tablet (as in graphics tablet) is good but not exactly something I could use in a cafe or on the train or something as it's large so this would be really useful to have. I've been put off by paying hundreds but if there's a decent Chinese less expensive version I'd be tempted - It would be interesting to see what's available in assorted price ranges.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

SneakyFrog posted:

isnt that planetside?

yea

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

Fidelity over 9000

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWcBPYES2og

I bet Dr. Smart your LoD don't have that ubber powerful spotlight huh? lol

Prostheticfoot
Mar 27, 2002
When the E.L.E. is released will it have birds that I can kinda stop the thread once in awhile and wander around the forums checking out?

E- I was kind of hoping that when I finally caught up with the thread there would have been an included list of features we expected to get out of the death of CIG. Goons could then scour the internet for any signs and/or explain to the non leavers how we've already gotten some of the promised results. This is the revenge of croberts, making us commandos

Prostheticfoot fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Mar 30, 2016

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:
What?

Of course, anything is possible in the verse commando

Nebiros
Apr 25, 2013

The scarf is nice.

Crazy_BlackParrot posted:

Crowdfunding is the worst thing that has happened since the Korean "free"2play model.
I mean, gamedevelopment wise, the only guys who do this are washed out game devs who want to relive their glory moments.
Look at Crowfall, the game got kickstarted during the peak of GOT. They are selling a game based on an IP that isn't even theirs. The crow? The "hunger"dome.
They have been at it for what 3 years now? the game is going nowhere.

Revival: even tho this wasn't a KS project, it was publicly funded.
The only game who's actually doing great is Camelot Unchanged.

The problem with KS is that there isn't a "reality" check before launching a project.
Do the people have any experience?
Is their model workable?
Are the funding goals actually able to deliver said goal....
Derek tweeted a kickstarter recently about an underwater breading device.. even tho experts says its physically impossible lol!

Risk of Rain
Hairbrained Schemes
Squad
Descent Underground (Which fills your criteria, but so far feels decent)
Jotun
Diesel Stormers
Armello
Darkest Dungeon
The Long Dark
Satellite Reign
Undertale
Divinity Original Sin
Shovel Knight
There Came an Echo (Which has a great Easter Egg from Will Wheaton)
Factorio
Freedom Planet (Writing aside)
Elite Dangerous
Forced
Chivalry Medieval Combat
Mercenary Kings
Volgarr the Viking
Xenonauts
Grim Dawn
The Banner Saga
FTL
Wasteland 2

I haven't played, or known someone that's played the other games on that list to vouch for any others, but there's not exactly a bad precedence for Kickstarted games turning out alright. The trick is to realize it's a gamble and recognize when a project is going to reach too far. I heard Crobbert's speech from another Goon and just started laughing, just due to the scope at the time. Well, that and Roberts being a fuckwit who made the Wing Commander Movie.

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
hey Derek I know you like building suspense but will the big ELE be something you'll post that will get us excited or is the ELE an official response coming from CIG?

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Nebiros posted:

Risk of Rain
Hairbrained Schemes
Squad
Descent Underground (Which fills your criteria, but so far feels decent)
Jotun
Diesel Stormers
Armello
Darkest Dungeon
The Long Dark
Satellite Reign
Undertale
Divinity Original Sin
Shovel Knight
There Came an Echo (Which has a great Easter Egg from Will Wheaton)
Factorio
Freedom Planet (Writing aside)
Elite Dangerous
Forced
Chivalry Medieval Combat
Mercenary Kings
Volgarr the Viking
Xenonauts
Grim Dawn
The Banner Saga
FTL
Wasteland 2

I haven't played, or known someone that's played the other games on that list to vouch for any others, but there's not exactly a bad precedence for Kickstarted games turning out alright. The trick is to realize it's a gamble and recognize when a project is going to reach too far. I heard Crobbert's speech from another Goon and just started laughing, just due to the scope at the time. Well, that and Roberts being a fuckwit who made the Wing Commander Movie.

kickstarter isnt what made those games good. that list is pointless. if the people that made ftl didnt get funded but didnt release a game, they'd be idiots.

if you have a good video game, you can sell it without begging for money on the internet

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

squirrelzipper posted:

Hey Toops - I saw this earlier but I don't recall, did you ever do a OS X build? I'd love to check it out but my main axe right now is a MBPr and like a true plebeian I don't have a gaming rig.

Hey I was testing the latest PC build this morning, when I get home from work I'll do a Mac build and get it out.

For anyone who wants to try out the new build (on PC). Link below.

Note: In general, this is literally pre-alpha, so I expect things to be unstably. But it's really super-helpful to know what kind of problems people encounter.

Updates:

- Matches now have a start and end (5 mins)
- Enemies now spawn in waves of 3. When you kill the killable ships, a new set of 3 spawns. My record is 4 waves complete.
- Whales are not killable. They just don't know when to quit.
- Press "P" to power on your chariot and start the match
- You can now control mouse sensitivity from main menu (Controls -> Move the slider). None of the other control remappings are hooked up right now.
- Explosions, death, etc
- Stats are now accrued and displayed at the end of the match (points, rams, kills, damage done/taken)

There's a bunch of other stuff but this is getting bookish.

Controls:

Thrust:
W: Thrust Forward
S: Thrust Backward
Q: Thrust Left
E: Thrust Right
R: Thrust Up
F: Thrust Down
Left Shift: Thruster Boost

Rotation
A: Roll Left
D: Roll Right
Mouse X Axis: Yaw
Mouse Y Axis: Pitch
i: Invert Mouse (toggle, do this when in-game. This is hella stupid but I haven't gotten to the input remapper yet beyond mouse sens)

Other Stuff
Esc: Pause/Menu
P: Power On/Off
C: Space Brake
Hold RMB: Charge Paaarp Horn
Release RMB: Fire Paaarp Horn

Secret Dev-y Stuff:
U: 3rd Person Camera
(number) 0: Spawn 3 more enemies

Known Issues:
- After a match is over, if you start another one, the wrong level loads, and poo poo's generally hosed up (workaround: just exit the game each time)
- If you're not running on 1920x1080, the UI doesn't scale right and gets all hosed up.
- The "tunnel" in the test level uses a material that causes massive FR drops on some systems. Plus is looks like dog poo poo, so it's kind of a lose-lose.
- You can fly outside the arena boundary with no consequences, until you hit an invisible wall. I just forgot to re-size the arena boundary wall, so this is purely malaise.
- There's no LoD (Level of Detail) right now, so all objects are rendered at full resolution. This can cause FR drops on certain systems.
- When enemy ships are blown back by the blast radius of another exploding ship, they enter into this ridiculous twirling dance as they try to re-orient themselves at their patrol target.
- Enemy ships don't attack, evade, or pursue, they only patrol right now.
- Pause doesn't actually pause it just says pause and brings up the menu
- At the end of a match, mouse movements still control your ship and you can sorta still fly around
- If you're on two monitors, and you click outside the game window, it pulls you out of game context

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-u0Goq9Ik-bU2FQWGh6empmNVk

Just download, unzip, double click that bad boy and get to rammin.

Please direct your feedback to solarplebeian@gmail.com. If you feel like including your SA username, that would be a big help. I will definitely read it and take it to heart, even if I don't immediately respond.

I just wanna say, I really, really appreciate any time spent on SP, even just commenting or spitballing ideas ITT. It's weird to think about where this has gone in the last 2-3 months, and 100% of that is because of this community. I'm looking for any/all feedback, and trust me, you're not gonna hurt my feelings. Telling me what you like is great, but it's almost more important to point out stuff that isn't working for you. Mainly I'm trying to find the fun, and that's a feel thing. Graphics, polish, that kind of stuff comes after the game is working and fun on a basic level.

Toops fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Mar 30, 2016

Mr Fronts
Jan 31, 2016

Yo! The Mafia supports you. But don't tell no one. Spread the word.

1500 posted:

Item not showing up. I am also interested.

Edit: I miss the monkey. Good job Lowtax you might force me to spend money

I hated that monkey.

This new thing, this I like. It looks exactly like the way a talented artist would copy and paste me onto somebody else's body.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Who is it that buys all these custom titles for you? They seem like a jerk.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

I should be studying for my stupid bio exam, but all I can do is sit here and stare into the face of madness...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

SomethingJones posted:

Wow. Also, does anyone know her real name?

Her real name will be revealed once the feds charge them a crime. Then it will be a matter of minutes before here claims of double masters will be debunked, and she flunked out in her first year from too much coke.

• Locked thread