Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

XK posted:

Chris Roberts: We're implementing persistence. Persistence involves your game settings and how much money you have.

Toops: Please add this kind of persistence to SP before they do, shouldn't take more than a few million dollars to handle it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

holy poo poo they require verified emails for twitch chat now?

:wtchris:

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

XK posted:

Chris Roberts: We're implementing persistence. Persistence involves your game settings and how much money you have.

:laffo::laffo::laffo::laffo:
Ow. Does anyone have a number to a surgeon — my sides need to be stitched back up together.

Your SETTINGS count as “persistence”? Your cash? In other words, to get a game where you have less persistence than Star Citizen, you would have to set up the client and earn new cash every time you run the exe. You're really aiming for the stars with your unprecedented ambition here, Chris. Jesus. loving. Christ.

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

Crobblers can really talk and say nothing at all. I miss Erin.

Nomenclature
Jul 20, 2006

You can outrun the IRS, but you can't outrun your sister's love.
I guess Sandi was feeling left out with the attention being on other people, so she felt the need to post a "behind the scenes" photo of the RTV on Facebook:

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

XK posted:

One of the inside reports was that Roberts believes he is a genius, while everyone else is laughing behind his back. This could all be delusional nonsense by someone who thinks he'll be able to pull it off in the end.
Yeah-- and I'm willing to even believe it. But the fact that inside reports are telling us he's completely deluded about everything is a potential indicator that the ship leaks from the top. I still think we will see warning signs, leaks, defections, etc. before a collapse because the very parties who think he's in cloud cuckoo land would be making their way for the exits before the deluded one crashed it into a hillside.

Space Skeleton
Sep 28, 2004

So now everything down to the tubes carrying air on your spacesuit are going to be functional and if someone shoots them then you start to suffocate.

Every wire on a ship is going to be modelled for carrying electricity so if one gets cut you lose part to whatever that wire is attached to.

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Christ Roberts is way better than toilet lord...
:gary: :lesnick: :yarg:
:pgabz: :fuzzknot: :eonwe:

XK posted:

Power goes out, because someone destroys a power station, you'll have to manually open doors. It's being worked on now.

I like how he talks about a feature for 10 minutes...
And then he ends with " and that will be the beginning or testbed for a core feature later on

But seriously tho, are you guys hearing this?The guy is insane......
What is not being reworked right now?

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Nomenclature posted:

I guess Sandi was feeling left out with the attention being on other people, so she felt the need to post a "behind the scenes" photo of the RTV on Facebook:

cutout got binned I guess

gipskrampf
Oct 31, 2010
Nap Ghost
Chris has a special talent for sounding very indefinite, it's like magic.

Natron
Aug 5, 2004

Haha, still re-engineering that engine, are we? Jesus Christ. He just explained almost exactly how Unity works in terms of adding components to objects to affect functionality, and they're apparently adding that into Cryengine.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer
Persistence will be accomplished by them removing the line from the patch notes about deleting your user.cfg each time you update

GabrielMobius
Mar 22, 2016

everything is fine

Nomenclature posted:

I thought I heard someone yelling directions and dates at Ben.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Tippis posted:

:laffo::laffo::laffo::laffo:
Ow. Does anyone have a number to a surgeon — my sides need to be stitched back up together.

Your SETTINGS count as “persistence”? Your cash? In other words, to get a game where you have less persistence than Star Citizen, you would have to set up the client and earn new cash every time you run the exe. You're really aiming for the stars with your unprecedented ambition here, Chris. Jesus. loving. Christ.

He literally said the initial persistence would involve your credit balance, and your ship load out. Like, really, come on.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

When will people be forced to pay every time their client crashes?

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

alucinor posted:

You may be right.

I strongly felt the original didn't have an open mouth, and the eye matches perfectly:

Someone with better PS skills can overlap & rotate them better to demonstrate.

Edit: I expect it's actually stolen from a deviantart photoshop but I wasn't about to google "diana car crash fan art".

I would say this is right, thanks! I looked at it forever and I am convinced, but it is stretched and skewed a bit, so it throws you off.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
Roberts seems to mention batshit things that will never end up in a game every other minute. I can't fathom how anyone could listen to this and ever believe any game could have all this detail.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013
"Quick get back there and fix the fuse" --An immersive space game.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Crobbers posted:

It'll be like an old sub movie
That's absolutely the inspiration you need to follow, Chris. It worked so well for you last time.

FlyingKipper
May 11, 2005

So it sounds like Star Engine is a real thing, and they are re-doing everything to make it work. This game is never coming out.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
uh-oh Chris-Bot is starting to make a bunch of crazy promises again. I thought that maybe they were rewiring him for this performance.

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

Crazy_BlackParrot posted:

LMAO! I don't know wth you do around here, but you have a way to piss off people lol.

getting used to the constant use of wowzers, lol, holy moly, :vince: :eyepop: etc. takes longer for some than others. it's all part of the charm imo

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Sickening posted:

Roberts seems to mention batshit things that will never end up in a game every other minute. I can't fathom how anyone could listen to this and ever believe any game could have all this detail.
Now multiple that feeling times 100-- for all his 10ftC episodes, where he does the same thing each week for 45 minutes...

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Show me the commandment where it says "Thou shalt not trace"?! You can't do it. You can't.

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe
Which one of you was doing a crobbles "sort of" count in twitch chat? Was very funny - got to 8 before the inevitable ban lol

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

cocaine dad show posted:

im not watching this because I'm watching Dance Moms with my friend but thank you all for writing about the good bits

:frogout:

gipskrampf
Oct 31, 2010
Nap Ghost
Can you imagine what it would be like watching this stream as a CIG employee. You would know that Chris is inventing stuff continuously and dread the next morning when you have to implement all the stuff the drones about in this stream.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Star Citizen Server Status: hosed

runsamok
Jan 12, 2011

Nomenclature posted:

Quick! Guess which one of these guys has a nutritionist!

Ugh.

gipskrampf
Oct 31, 2010
Nap Ghost

Galarox posted:

Which one of you was doing a crobbles "sort of" count in twitch chat? Was very funny - got to 8 before the inevitable ban lol

May have been me. I'm banned? I'm seem to be able to post in the chat?

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Daztek posted:

cutout got binned I guess

cutout probably got a real acting job before Sandi.

TODD BONZALEZ
Jul 3, 2010

It's bad

Natron
Aug 5, 2004

Ben looks super uncomfortable... Also, it would be nice if Chris could smack the loving table a few more times. Sounds great, guys!

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
So Roberts just said something that I find to be absurd. He states that desync happens because the FPS of the server drops to be less than your client and then you desync. What the bloody hell? Why would the server be rendering anything fps related? Does he know what the gently caress he is talking about at all?

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

:gary: :yarg:
another loving backend redo! wtf!
I cant listen to mushmouth. He doesnt have a clue.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

XK posted:

He literally said the initial persistence would involve your credit balance, and your ship load out. Like, really, come on.

Wow, that sounds incredibly difficult to implement. Not surprised it's taken them six months.

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Christ Roberts is way better than toilet lord...
:gary: :lesnick: :yarg:
:pgabz: :fuzzknot: :eonwe:

Sickening posted:

Jesus, this guy is delusional.
Did you hear the part about how future engines work?

Also: note how Ben is acting, his whole body language is like " Chris will you shut the gently caress up and tell the people its getting canned"

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Okay I'm really pissed that i_still_trust_cig got banned (when he was a FRIEND of the company and HATER of trolls) yet eightace_is_here is allowed to stay.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
it really does sound like he hinting at starting over with the engine without directly saying it. huge if that's what this is about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gipskrampf
Oct 31, 2010
Nap Ghost
It's hard work to decipher specific words in Chris' word salad, so I may have just stopped because it became too tedious.

• Locked thread