Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away
Lesnick can't look Croberts in the eye at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eldragon
Feb 22, 2003

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Source/Deviantart/Ryan:

I tried comparing them in gimp and I'm actually pretty sure he did copy it from deviantart; the shape of the eyes and the shading on the neck match the deviantart sketch much closer than the source image. Also look at the hair over the ear, and the details on the hair on the left.

I could be wrong of course - I'm not gonna do a derek and :regd08: or call you an idiot or something stupid like that

That's fair, thanks for taking the effort to compare. Maybe he copied the DA drawing instead of tracing the original. I think its too much of and edge case to really get hung up about. Especially considering you can walk into any drawing class and see students all drawing the same thing and a handful will look identical to eachother.

The dude's other stuff is far more glaringly obvious as a rip off.

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

Sillybones posted:

Lesnick can't look Croberts in the eye at all.

you couldnt look god in the eye could you?

gipskrampf
Oct 31, 2010
Nap Ghost
Attention thread: Chris said no to a feature request (visiting other peoples hangar).

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

ben would probably burst into flame if he looked chris in the eye

that would be a slow burn

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
Also I'm listening to chris and he describes new exciting patcher development that won't require you to download the entire game every time

What say you to that, "Dr." "Smart"?

TODD BONZALEZ
Jul 3, 2010

Like the extreme stress and pressure of the situation combined with hubris and ego meant that it's extremely likely he's substance abusing routinely by this point as well as being completely detached from reality

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

imperialparadox posted:

:laffo: They are redoing the networking backend again. It's almost done though guys, really!

Remember when that was their excuse for delaying Arena Commander? Good times.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

imperialparadox posted:

:laffo: They are redoing the networking backend again. It's almost done though guys, really!

Nomenclature posted:

So, their next generation netcode will only need to send changed states as opposed to re-sending everything over the network. Too bad they can't use similar technology to break up the game pak files and get the patch sizes down below 20 GB.

Daztek posted:

5MB of network data to spawn a retaliatior, wtf

FlyingKipper posted:

Finally, "We aren't going to waste time fixing the old system while the new one is being built."

The Baby PU is being thrown out.

Crazy_BlackParrot posted:

LMAO new character tech.
old models canned!

GabrielMobius posted:

It's almost like he's talking about writing a loving patching engine are you loving serious

Daztek posted:

Chris is re-inventing version control

:cawg:

No-one with any kind of actual programming knowledge has done anything other than play Solitaire for the last 3 years, have they?

Space Skeleton posted:

We're not even close to the final character fidelity.
So they'll actually look like… I don't know, people in another half-dozen iterations then? Or is that being too ambitious for this project?

Tippis fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Mar 30, 2016

GabrielMobius
Mar 22, 2016

everything is fine

quote:

It's in our roadmap
:laffo::laffo::laffo::laffo:

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

disco is in on the joke

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away
Holy poo poo, breakdowns.

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Christ Roberts is way better than toilet lord...
:gary: :lesnick: :yarg:
:pgabz: :fuzzknot: :eonwe:
:wtchris:
omg did you hear Chris to Jared...

U WOT MATE

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

gipskrampf posted:

But there has to be someone in the upper management (Erin?) who is able to tell Chris that his whole dream is simply not possibe.

Ahahaha, you have never met one of *those* people, right?

Surely somebody can just tell Sandi that she's a lovely actress

LLLooLLLL. Roberts is pissed!

"I ADORE LISTENING TO YOUR ANSWERS"

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Disco: "I don't want to do this any more"

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Happy Sisyphus posted:

how can chris be this chubby if he is doing so much cocaine

Frankie Boyle posted:

What's he cutting it with? A hollandaise sauce?

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

Sunswipe posted:

You've seen the video of Ben trying to get off a couch. My theory is they can no longer get him on his feet, so he'll be in every video rather than try and move him. The people who move into that building when this all finally crashes will find they have to care for a pet Lesnick.

Real estate agent: This is the conference room. This is the $20,00 coffee machine and this... this is the Lesnick, he sorta comes with the property because he is an immovable object and has his own gravity field. Dont give him cookies!

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

gipskrampf posted:

Attention thread: Chris said no to a feature request (visiting other peoples hangar).
A feature James was telling us was right around the corner over a year ago...

SpunkyRedKnight
Oct 12, 2000
"Are you still working on that?" The tone in Jared's voice is perfect.

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

this thread is moving faster than the twitch chat

darkarchon
Feb 2, 2016

My name is a trolling word

Madcosby posted:

I hope Stellaris turns out well, the 4x space games Ive played recently still havent reached Master of Orion 2 yet. Endless Space was ok but then never went anywhere too interesting or unique; Stellaris looks like the same old same old, whichcan be fun but I need something new and original in my 4x games

Posting from the past; you should play AI War: Fleet Command :smuggo:

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away
HOW DO YOU NOT HAVE ALL THIS poo poo SORTED YET!?

Why are you discussing basic architecture structure concerns 4 years into development? Why have you not implemented ANY of the MMO after 4 years!? AsdhzsjdfzhjsdfS

stinch
Nov 21, 2013

Happy Sisyphus posted:

holy poo poo they require verified emails for twitch chat now?

https://www.mailinator.com/

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

:gary: :yarg:

ZenMaster posted:

Not 100% but you get the idea.

very close

Reharakhti
Oct 9, 2012

Secretly Sekhmet

Here is my 15 minute live sketch/summary of the stream, please do not steal

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

darkarchon posted:

Posting from the past; you should play AI War: Fleet Command :smuggo:

but frogbear is going to play it with you

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Sillybones posted:

HOW DO YOU NOT HAVE ALL THIS poo poo SORTED YET!?

Why are you discussing basic architecture structure concerns 4 years into development? Why have you not implemented ANY of the MMO after 4 years!? AsdhzsjdfzhjsdfS

You know nothing about open game development.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

SpunkyRedKnight posted:

"Are you still working on that?" The tone in Jared's voice is perfect.
:tinfoil:
Jared is EightAce!

TODD BONZALEZ
Jul 3, 2010

Reharakhti posted:

gently caress YES

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Ben's body language is incredible. I've never seen him act like this in front of his hero before... He looks genuinely pissed off.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Countdown to DiscoLando's "Departure: 3 days.

gipskrampf
Oct 31, 2010
Nap Ghost
Electrostatik: eight_ace in god mode

eight_ace_is_here: staff mode

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

Happy Sisyphus posted:

how can chris be this chubby if he is doing so much cocaine

Chris Farley

sorla78
Oct 11, 2012

EAT THE PAIN AWAY!

Reharakhti posted:

I just realise, Chris makes a great Harkonnen with that haircut.

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

:yeah:

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

trucutru posted:

Toops: Please add this kind of persistence to SP before they do, shouldn't take more than a few million dollars to handle it.

That would be a glorious middle-finger. I'm actually working on the ship hangar now, and the framework for ship module loadouts. Persistence is a part of that, but it's a ways out.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

SQ42 doesn't need physics. Physics will come sometime in the future for Star Citizen.*

*Apparently after SQ42, which is currently surmised as a late 2017 release.

Great, now he's talking about DX9 and DX11.

"Refactoring everything on the engine level."!

Plural Abysss
Feb 25, 2016

gipskrampf posted:

Electrostatik: eight_ace in god mode

eight_ace_is_here: staff mode

:same:

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
This stream is great. gently caress, I want to rewatch some of the better moments.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

G0RF posted:

Jared is EightAce!

I truly believe he's one of them.

• Locked thread