Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Christ Roberts is way better than toilet lord...
:gary: :lesnick: :yarg:
:pgabz: :fuzzknot: :eonwe:
:wtchris:
LMAO new character tech.
old models canned!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StarBegotten
Mar 23, 2016

Crazy_BlackParrot posted:

He seems pissed at Chris... like really pissed.

Its just so awkward... and slightly creepy...

Also Chris has lost touch with reality... is it just my imagination or is Jared smirking at some of Chris' answers as if to say 'Yeah, right Chris'.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Did he just cite The Order: 1886? Wow.

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away
Do not loving compare yourself to The Order. You stupid loving lump.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

hanales posted:

Crackpot: SQ42 is built in Unity.
This would be an awesome awesome awesome development.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Nomenclature posted:

Will they dare to tell Chris to stop hitting the table?

CONFIRMED

gipskrampf
Oct 31, 2010
Nap Ghost
(Slightly drunk) seriouspost: If we accept Derek Smart's thesis that the all development of the PU is canned, Chris is either a amazing actor or seriously insane.

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

Nomenclature posted:

Will they dare to tell Chris to stop hitting the table?

nope.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

lol he is literally talking like they've only just started making a game

TODD BONZALEZ
Jul 3, 2010

Chris is both unhinged and on drugs of some kind

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away
I actually don't watch these videos. Is Lesnick super pissed at Croberts?

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Daztek posted:

lol he is literally talking like they've only just started making a game

Star Citizen has only been in development for a few months.

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

cant wait for rockstars space sim

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

gipskrampf posted:

(Slightly drunk) seriouspost: If we accept Derek Smart's thesis that the all development of the PU is canned, Chris is either a amazing actor or seriously insane.

It's neither. He just doesn't have any loving clue.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

"No game will ever be like it. Maybe Rockstar could compete?" -- Chris Roberts

Apocadall
Mar 25, 2010

Aren't you the guitarist for the feed dogs?

Space Skeleton posted:

Glad they are gonna model the power being carried around the ship and have fuses blow from power surges which require you to go replace the fuses. Just wouldn't be a good game without that. Also that will totally make it into the game and is not bullshit he just made up on the spot.

Knowing him he's going to want them to actually implement a SPICE-like system, loving idiot.

gipskrampf
Oct 31, 2010
Nap Ghost

cocaine dad show posted:

I will accept this as the third possibility.

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe
Crobbles on SC: "No game is ever gonna be like it" ... well he's got that right for drat sure.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

"No one will be able to compete with this, except maybe Rockstar."

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

cocaine dad show posted:

I'm 99% sure he's coked out of his mind all the time. That makes anyone unhinged.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Eldragon posted:

Looking more closely that might be whats happening. But there is also some parts that are quite different. So my inclination is they both are from the same photo.

There's a million things to poo poo on Ryan for that are far more obvious; so no reason to harp on this edge case.

Source/Deviantart/Ryan:

I tried comparing them in gimp and I'm actually pretty sure he did copy it from deviantart; the shape of the eyes and the shading on the neck match the deviantart sketch much closer than the source image. Also look at the hair over the ear, and the details on the hair on the left.

I could be wrong of course - I'm not gonna do a derek and :regd08: or call you an idiot or something stupid like that

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

yes GTA 6 will be set in space

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

Not 100% but you get the idea.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

XK posted:

Did he just cite The Order: 1886? Wow.

its good because that's the game SQ42 resembles most so far. At least in that respect he's in touch with reality.

GabrielMobius
Mar 22, 2016

everything is fine
It's almost like he's talking about writing a loving patching engine are you loving serious

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Chris is re-inventing version control

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away
Please poorly explain to me how run of the mill patchers work.

SpunkyRedKnight
Oct 12, 2000
Chris rambles pie in the sky at people, they say "yes, sir", and he never sees the game itself, so it's no wonder he sounds deluded.

gipskrampf
Oct 31, 2010
Nap Ghost

trucutru posted:

It's neither. He just doesn't have any loving clue.

But there has to be someone in the upper management (Erin?) who is able to tell Chris that his whole dream is simply not possibe.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Galarox posted:

Crobbles on SC: "No game is ever gonna be like it" ... well he's got that right for drat sure.
I swear the guy has painted so many drat bullseyes on himself and yet yet can't help finding a dry spot and painting yet another.

This level of hubris is staggering even for Chris.

GabrielMobius
Mar 22, 2016

everything is fine

Daztek posted:

Chris is re-inventing version control

I always think 'no the incompetence is at its peak, nothing can surprise me'.

And then Chris describes patchers as if its revolutionary or not something they should already loving have.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Chris: "We spend a lot of money every month."

No poo poo sherlock..lol

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

StarBegotten posted:

Honestly, what is Ben doing there...he just sits.... and squints at Chris...

You've seen the video of Ben trying to get off a couch. My theory is they can no longer get him on his feet, so he'll be in every video rather than try and move him. The people who move into that building when this all finally crashes will find they have to care for a pet Lesnick.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

GabrielMobius posted:

It's almost like he's talking about writing a loving patching engine are you loving serious
Revolutionary developments are underway. CIG is about to invent differential patching and it's going to change everything.

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away
No wonder they normally restrict him to only 10 questions.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Chris doesn't know how other studios do things

StarBegotten
Mar 23, 2016

Did Chris really just say "A lot of people still think we are in development"... Did I just imagine that?

Freudian slip?

gipskrampf
Oct 31, 2010
Nap Ghost

Sunswipe posted:

You've seen the video of Ben trying to get off a couch. My theory is they can no longer get him on his feet, so he'll be in every video rather than try and move him. The people who move into that building when this all finally crashes will find they have to care for a pet Lesnick.

loving lol.

DeeMurf
Oct 15, 2013

Grenouilles Sans Frontiers

trucutru posted:

Bad timing dude. Currently the thread is in shitposting mode. Didn't read any of that (I'll do later).

trucutru posted:

No, I won't. lol

after 2700 pages. when is this thread not in shitposting mode?

..and, why do you people even bother watching that shitshow from CIG?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

how can chris be this chubby if he is doing so much cocaine

• Locked thread