Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Daztek posted:

I think he did some "editing"

blonde woman looks like Mass Effect fan art to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpunkyRedKnight
Oct 12, 2000

Can no one involved in this project enunciate "citizen"? It's three goddamned syllables.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Eonwe posted:

so its the same blonde woman, but he couldn't find the first traced person in a pose he needed, so he just found another woman to trace and pasted the same face on there

also I bet that depressurized thing came from somewhere, it looks like it doesn't fit at all

Background is probably actual CIG art

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

GabrielMobius posted:

Hold up something just occurred to me. I have a vague memory of Chris, during that stream, talking about how their god drat servers currently handle the physics calculations. Is that right? Is that why everything is a jittery, juddery mess, and why FPS:network latency causes desync? Because these morons are doing physics calculations server-side and expecting that amount of data to smoothly stream back down to all clients?

:psyboom:

I think we've established the whole thing goes through :pgabz: config files. Hence his spinny ship haxx0rz

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLkgkJitE6c

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Needs a different mouth

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Wise Learned Man posted:

e: I'm also still baffled as to why leather jacket lady's arms are so loving long. I'm guessing he stole parts of two different images to make her, and just has the inverse problem with arms that he has with legs? Somebody needs to give this kid a tutorial on human limb proportions. Or update his eyeglasses presciption.

there is some serious dhalsim punch going on with those loving arms

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.
What's your take on the Extinction Event predictions, AP? Hard to follow with all ArcherGate stuff going on.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Eonwe posted:

I tried to find it but DeviantArt and Mass Effect is not a good combination

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

Like why the hell didn't he just steal from public domain images, or pay for stock photos, or whatever.

:psyduck:

The saddest part is he didn't even really trace anything... it's all just composited/tweaked stolen images with multiple layers of photoshop's "cut out" filter.

MilesK fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Mar 31, 2016

drink Dr Pepper actually
Oct 11, 2012

Daztek posted:

I tried to find it but DeviantArt and Mass Effect is not a good combination

I can't find the exact pose he used, but that's definitely one of Edi's alternate armors.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Gurzi posted:

I can't find the exact pose he used, but that's definitely one of Edi's alternate armors.

oh poo poo it is

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

"Not bothering to work on something that needs to be replaced" and "we are working on replacing it now", taken in the context of "all hands on deck for Sq42", means the PU is 100% cancelled when you consider that developing Sq42, even though it's much less ambitious, will still bleed them dry. That's probably the first subtle admission that SC is getting the SM treatment.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

G0RF posted:

What's your take on the Extinction Event predictions, AP? Hard to follow with all ArcherGate stuff going on.

I know you aren't asking for my worthless opinion, but I remember you posted earlier about the livestream, and your opinion (which I value greatly) was that it was business as normal. I've watched the stream twice now, and Ben is very out of character. He looks genuinely terrified. Everything about his body language indicated that he wanted to be anywhere but sat next to Chris. Lando's body language was really interesting too...

There is definitely something going on behind closed doors. My guess that CR's unexpected involvement in RTV was his attempt to bolster confidence in the whales.

Nomenclature
Jul 20, 2006

You can outrun the IRS, but you can't outrun your sister's love.
From the latest PTU patch notes: https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/324759

Alpha Patch 2.3.1a has been released to the PTU, and is now available for players to test! During this initial testing phase, PTU access will be restricted to a small group of players that we will expand on over time as required.
Your launcher should should show “2.3.1a – 337644” as the client version. It is strongly recommended that players delete their USER folder for the Test client after patching, particularly if you start encountering any odd character graphical issues or crash on loading. The USER folder can be found (in default installations) at C:\Program Files\Cloud Imperium Games\StarCitizen\Test.
Please review our current list of 2.3.0 Known Issues FAQ, and take full advantage of our Issue Council area of the Community site to report any bugs you encounter, as well as contribute to other players submissions.

Important Callouts:
Players on the PTU who both have the Revel & York Hangar and do not have the Starfarer will find themselves directed into the Revel & York Hangar.
Regardless of hangar selected on the website.
Players in Arena Commander, Multiplayer Race mode, may find that the checkpoint rings will stick to their ships after passing through them.

Updates and Fixes
Game Systems:
Fixed an issue where contacts and group members were not showing up correctly on the instance selection screen.
Fixed an issue where the checkpoint gates in New Horizon Speedway were not animating correctly.
Ships:
Fixed an issue where the Khartu-al guns were firing perpendicular to the direction the guns were pointing.
Technical:
Made some small tweaks to both server and client performance.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

fuctifino posted:

I know you aren't asking for my worthless opinion, but I remember you posted earlier about the livestream, and your opinion (which I value greatly) was that it was business as normal. I've watched the stream twice now, and Ben is very out of character. He looks genuinely terrified. Everything about his body language indicated that he wanted to be anywhere but sat next to Chris. Lando's body language was really interesting too...

There is definitely something going on behind closed doors. My guess that CR's unexpected involvement in RTV was his attempt to bolster confidence in the whales.

:agreed:

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Daztek posted:

Needs a different mouth

improving on perfection

by ryan archer

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

fuctifino posted:

At one point Jared says something blatantly dismissive towards Chris and spends the next minute or so trying to deflect/laugh it off as people in the background laugh with/at him. The disdain is real.

Mick Jaggoff
Sep 11, 2012

page 1 of gis for "spilled fruit":

http://www.shutterstock.com/pic-50625499/stock-photo-fruit-spilled-out-open-container-on-white-background.html

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Yeah, think that was found already

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.
Jesus loving christ

Natron
Aug 5, 2004

AP posted:

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1549166/star-traders-kickstarter-and-borrowed-assets/page/4

Some Shitizen turned up in that thread to defend stupid, he's from Germany. Can someone with an account there ask him if he's an auditor?

This image pisses me off to no end. Yes, it is a common way to do temporary assets, or to showcase something that you'd like to create as a prototype. The problem isn't that he's using images from other places to create his work, it's that he's stealing them and neither paying nor attributing the used images to their respective authors. This could POTENTIALLY be okay if you were only using the images internally only, but in that case I would be certain to have a giant watermark over everything that says something like, "FOR INTERNAL DISCUSSION ONLY. DO NOT REPRODUCE OF SHARE".

I do architectural visualization for a living, and I actually do this kind of thing all the time. I make a rendering, put in a bunch of people and show it to my client. They then say, "We would like to show an older, Asian businesswoman behind the desk, because that's what the client wants". That's fine (if weirdly specific), but it can be done.

Then, what I would do is find a photo of an older Asian woman on a stock photo website, pay for the license to use said image for commercial purposes, and THEN I would put it in for my client. Also, all the people I add in? They're paid for. The entourage items (trees, drapes, vases, etc) that are placed in the shots? You guessed it, paid for.

What I never do, both because it's immoral and illegal, is use images I find wherever I want and then claim them as my own work without paying anyone. I wouldn't just find a rendering of a cool house, mirror it, and then go find some photos of people in GIS and add them into a shot then filterfuck everything and claim all that is my own work because I manipulated the photos. That's lying and thievery, and if I ever did that for a client and someone found out, we'd both be hosed. They would be hosed because those images weren't cleared for commercial use, and I'd be hosed because they'd take it out of my pockets via lawsuit in the end.

I hope that fucker gets the book thrown at him, because what he's doing is completely reprehensible. You goons are truly doing the lord's work on this one.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

seriously this picture is like the illustrated equivalent of the bunnyman: there's something new to find everytime you look at it

chuck a gander at that corridor in the background. archer couldn't even bother to make the weird cut through the art line up; it's just two seperate jpegs flipped and weirdly smashed together

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Justin Tyme posted:

At one point Jared says something blatantly dismissive towards Chris and spends the next minute or so trying to deflect/laugh it off as people in the background laugh with/at him. The disdain is real.

Was that the part where he chuckled? Haven't rewatched it but I figured he chuckled at something on chat stream and Chris called him out.

Darkpriest667
Feb 2, 2015

I'm sorry I impugned
your cocksmanship.

Lonkface posted:

He wears one all the time as well.

Wearing these types of hats is not a problem. The problem is wearing one with a t shirt and loving jeans. I wear one. I also always wear a tie and a button down shirt. Don't get me wrong, Ryan and Dickwulf are total douchebags but it's the rest of their wear and personality that is the problem.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

I like that we have a minigame between Derek's :smug: posts now

Darkpriest667
Feb 2, 2015

I'm sorry I impugned
your cocksmanship.

Justin Tyme posted:

do you have a link to it and the time? I'm curious to look at all the body language and facial language.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Can someone link me to the timestamp where Chris said you wouldn't be able to visit other people's hangars?

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

Darkpriest667 posted:

Wearing these types of hats is not a problem. The problem is wearing one with a t shirt and loving jeans. I wear one. I also always wear a tie and a button down shirt. Don't get me wrong, Ryan and Dickwulf are total douchebags but it's the rest of their wear and personality that is the problem.

no no no no... It's not the 20's, lose the hat.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Eonwe posted:

Looks like a recoloured filtered photo of a Samus Zero cosplayer to me. Problem finding it if it is: needle in a haystack. There's loving billions of Samus Zero cosplayers.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Justin Tyme posted:

Maybe everyone is laughing at Chris to his face now, instead of behind his back?

Darkpriest667
Feb 2, 2015

I'm sorry I impugned
your cocksmanship.

MilesK posted:

no no no no... It's not the 20's, lose the hat.

So four more years?

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Hey Ryan, if you're reading this I recommend:

Ryan Archer, Pastiche and Appropriation artist.

very cool, very dada.

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

fuctifino posted:

If the poo poo doesn't hit the fan by April 1st I'm gonna lose my loving cool.

stinch
Nov 21, 2013

Nomenclature posted:

From the latest PTU patch notes: https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/324759

Alpha Patch 2.3.1a has been released to the PTU, and is now available for players to test! During this initial testing phase, PTU access will be restricted to a small group of players that we will expand on over time as required.
Your launcher should should show “2.3.1a – 337644” as the client version. It is strongly recommended that players delete their USER folder for the Test client after patching, particularly if you start encountering any odd character graphical issues or crash on loading. The USER folder can be found (in default installations) at C:\Program Files\Cloud Imperium Games\StarCitizen\Test.
Please review our current list of 2.3.0 Known Issues FAQ, and take full advantage of our Issue Council area of the Community site to report any bugs you encounter, as well as contribute to other players submissions.

Important Callouts:
Players on the PTU who both have the Revel & York Hangar and do not have the Starfarer will find themselves directed into the Revel & York Hangar.
Regardless of hangar selected on the website.
Players in Arena Commander, Multiplayer Race mode, may find that the checkpoint rings will stick to their ships after passing through them.

Updates and Fixes
Game Systems:
Fixed an issue where contacts and group members were not showing up correctly on the instance selection screen.
Fixed an issue where the checkpoint gates in New Horizon Speedway were not animating correctly.
Ships:
Fixed an issue where the Khartu-al guns were firing perpendicular to the direction the guns were pointing.
Technical:
Made some small tweaks to both server and client performance.

Countdown until they get caught pushing a patch that does nothing but add files that aren't even used in the PU.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

G0RF posted:

No real idea just guesses, :lesnick: could have been upset over all the ArcherGate stuff. If 4 major players are leaving they'll be worried about damage control, as that's not going to look good. They won't care about the people involved, I assume it's very "us versus them" in LA. If Derek is right and another 7 are going...

I guess it depends where from, none of the backers care about Austin anyone, HOLLYWOOD could lose a dozen with nobody noticing as long as it's not the bugsmasher guy or Lando, I think he's more popular than :lesnick: now.

Germany and F42 are even less visible, I suspect no organised walk from F42, possibly nobody at all is going to bail from F42, they seem a real tight group who have worked with each other for years, one bad game probably isn't that great a concern and I'm sure Erin will have squirreled away some funding where Sandi Gardiner & Hubby can't spend it. Having said that the character team has all walked before, but I assume they were lead by someone good, so a team within a team.

I think the event is government related and so may well be a let down from it's prominent billing as it's unpredictable. I believe Derek believes what he says but CIG has always got the advantage of preparing a response and people might bend the truth a bit to Derek.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

fuctifino posted:

Hey I value yours too Fuctifino!

I did think Ben looked like he was going to crash and yet occasionally looked uncomfortable as hell. So I don't discount the possibility that there's some unspoken tension in the room. I actually think Ben might just as easily be wondering "what the hell is Derek going to do next and how does he know what I had for breakfast?"

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Darkpriest667 posted:

No offense man but I have seen your pictures and you suffer from the same problem even with you tie and shirt.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Toops posted:

If the poo poo doesn't hit the fan by April 1st I'm gonna lose my loving cool.

Maybe we have to complete the Ryan Archer puzzle first

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.
100% more original artist than Ryan Archer

pls do not steal ryan

• Locked thread