Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Endie posted:

Eve is rewarding in the depth and complexity of its mechanics.

sion was right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Hats off to the reimbursement team! Submitted my loss and received payment in just a few hours time. :stare:

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Tokyo Sexwhale posted:

The new season of Top Gear is going to suck poo poo, glad I got Amazon Prime.

chris evans should be shot into the sun on a rocket made of knives and salt and bleach

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

sion should never have been allowed into the light

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

Pulling out the :foxnews: with those graphs. Those slopes are so close to horizontal they might as well be 0.

DrFrankenStrudel
May 14, 2012

Where am I? I don't even know anymore...

Morris posted:

I've seen all of these denials that it was a trap, but as far as I know nobody is really denying:
- Co2 planning to flip prior to the fight (confirmed)
- Co2 (or Co2 leadership) accepting payment to do so (confirmed)
- Co2 attempting to convince LAWN/BSTN to stage out of a remarkably vulnerable location in their space
- Co2 insisting that the move op follow a certain route
- Removal of cyno jammers
- Hictor logoff traps along the route (granted I've seen no hard evidence either so not taking that too seriously)

Personally I'm of the "don't attribute to malice what can be attributed to incompetence" camp but how, short of going full-on :argh: grr goons Martini spin all lies :argh: can you not at least admit that it looks really, really bad from the other side?

So usually when you're planning a trap, a key part of the preparation is that you don't let the other guy know you're up to something. NCdot having their entire Supercapital fleet online and in range of the move OP route lighting up the watch-list of every FC worth their salt isn't exactly subtle. More reasonably it was a low-effort way for them to make the evacuation just a bit harder by forcing the OP to take a longer (but safer) route, bonus points if the extra jumps left you jump fatigue.

As far as the M-O fight, it was known going in that the Imperium was heavily outnumbered, not just by a bit, but by a lot. Having hundreds of supers/titans get in fleet and sit on standby while you already have a 2-1 subcap advantage is what's called a 'show of force'. Under the perspective of pure Fozziesov mechanics it would have been far better to send in just enough dudes to win the main fight, then have the other 1500 sov-wand everything in sight. But from a morale perspective a massive showing like that is far more beneficial than grinding a region getting abandoned anyway, both to start a panic among the Imperium line members, and to build morale in the new and loosely associated Moneybadger coalition which includes the Co2 line members trying to decide if their CEO is right or if they should join another Imperium alliance.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

I haven't followed this closely whats the problem with sion other than he is against highsec awoxing?

Fix Lag
Sep 8, 2011

There's a sale at Penny's!

sure are a lot of you showing up in this thread to tell us how you weren't all coming after us

Mitsuo
Jul 4, 2007
What does this box do?
didn't they remove watchlisting a few weeks ago

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

Endie posted:

Everyone please stop the stupid space drama. At its core, what really makes EVE is that it is a deeply social experience. Reliable friends and knowledgeable mentors make the most daunting challenges manageable.

How are your new friends, btw?

Serious question: Does anyone have any information on this "Palatine" citadel? I saw a screenshot of a chatlog with some CCP dev discussing it, but without any real detail. I want to know what the Cabal will be building in Deklein Syndicate in a few months.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Azuth0667 posted:

Pulling out the :foxnews: with those graphs. Those slopes are so close to horizontal they might as well be 0.

i know its hard to see but here is an mspaint magnification of lawn losing ~400 members

pick your slope

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

DrFrankenStrudel posted:

lighting up the watch-list of every FC

hi watchlist was removed last patch

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Azuth0667 posted:

I haven't followed this closely whats the problem with sion other than he is against highsec awoxing?

his voice and mannerisms annoy me, im not going to link the fanfest presentation to make you exert a little effort in paining yourself

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

chris evans should be shot into the sun on a rocket made of knives and salt and bleach

if he was shunted full time into Top Gear and off the radio, I'd be happy. This is a welcome plan b

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

i know its hard to see but here is an mspaint magnification of lawn losing ~400 members

pick your slope

Globby you dumb poo poo that's not how the slope meme works.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

pick your slope

That's not a line integral.

dragonstalking
Oct 6, 2013

by Shine

Fix Lag posted:

sure are a lot of you showing up in this thread to tell us how you weren't all coming after us

We are 100% coming after you, but that doesn't mean all that other stuff wasn't bullshit.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

What's wrong with Captain America?

dragonstalking
Oct 6, 2013

by Shine

Mitsuo posted:

didn't they remove watchlisting a few weeks ago

Yeah but generally the CFC is very good about keeping pod-scouts in the relevant systems, so nothing is really missed.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

It would be easier just to link this http://evemaps.dotlan.net/ticker/2158454
They lost 10% of their members at the tail end of that graph posted earlier.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

his voice and mannerisms annoy me, im not going to link the fanfest presentation to make you exert a little effort in paining yourself

So you have nothing other than your own bitter sentiments.

bad news bareback
Jan 16, 2009

Unfunny Poster posted:

What's wrong with Captain America?

He's so handsome :(

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Gropiemon posted:

He's so handsome :(

The bastard.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Siets posted:

Hats off to the reimbursement team! Submitted my loss and received payment in just a few hours time. :stare:

Not really surprising. I expect most of our back end support guys to be doing a lot of overtime to keep the war engine humming.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
It's been a long time, and for a while I'd resubscribe only to secret santa a goon.

That said, besides subcap and support skills on a collection of characters, If I can remember the name of the alt account I have a Wyvern in Deklein, if supercaps are still a thing. If the better answer is to sent it to a goon more likely to play (I am tits deep in FFXIV right now and the honeymoon hasn't worn off) then I understand.

Are timezones as big a deal as they were before with the SOV mechanics having changed so much?

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

vyst posted:

Globby you dumb poo poo that's not how the slope meme works.

idgi how does it work

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

darth cookie posted:

Not really surprising. I expect most of our back end support guys to be doing a lot of overtime to keep the war engine humming.

Do they get any benefits for doing that? Like ISK payments or w/e or is it all for fun to them?

Bell_ posted:

Are timezones as big a deal as they were before with the SOV mechanics having changed so much?

Sort of. You can set your "able to be reinforced" time period to any timezone you want, so most people try to put it during their peak time for optimum defense. You can also dick around with it to throw people off for a few hours like Horde did in Cloud Ring when they reset it from a late EU/early US time period to AUTZ, which meant the big invasion fleet that was formed up expecting the older timezone period to be active had to find something else to do til they could start reinforcing later into the night.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Mar 31, 2016

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

pick your slope

That's not a slope. This is a slope.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Unfunny Poster posted:

Do they get any benefits for doing that? Like ISK payments or w/e or is it all for fun to them?

Mostly it's motivated by a desire to do something for the alliance, but maybe I'm just speaking for myself. Having said that, high performers for various tasks (GSOL, reimbursement, etc) do get PLEX as a thank you for their efforts. That's not exactly advertised though as that really isn't the point of volunteering for those kinds of jobs.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

pick your slope

TFW PL is more bloated than LAWN :laugh:

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
And the shitpost we read
Bat Country joined PL? They had the neatest Bee avatar, too. What was the story, or is it a totally unrelated group of folks with the same name?

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Zephyrine posted:

:drat:

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Zephyrine posted:

:pusheen:

Bell_ posted:

Bat Country joined PL? They had the neatest Bee avatar, too. What was the story, or is it a totally unrelated group of folks with the same name?

basically personality conflicts between bat leadership and the imperium

Torpor
Oct 20, 2008

.. and now for my next trick, I'll pretend to be a political commentator...

HONK HONK

Zephyrine posted:

HEY! Get moving those packages! :cop:

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

:pusheen:

basically personality conflicts between bat leadership and the imperium

:laffo:

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bell_ posted:

Endie became "mentally ill" and went off the reservation.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
And the shitpost we read

Unfunny Poster posted:

Endie became "mentally ill" and went off the reservation.
That's tragic. Who's the master storyteller now? The OP?

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong
My sick sig request has gone unanswered I may have to resub to make my own to flip the middle finger to the establishment.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

xxEightxx posted:

My sick sig request has gone unanswered I may have to resub to make my own to flip the middle finger to the establishment.

Build a sig tower and save us from vyst's tyranny. Goonspeed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
dare I say it, the person who is obsessed with my avatar may be slightly mentally ill

lmao

• Locked thread