Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Christ Roberts is way better than toilet lord...
:gary: :lesnick: :yarg:
:pgabz: :fuzzknot: :eonwe:
:wtchris:

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Is today E.L.E day or is that tomorrow?

Dammit I told you in my november blog, you already have it!
Sometimes I really get annoyed when keep asking me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lonkface
Jan 22, 2016

All that glitters is not gold.

Sillybones posted:

The mouth is either moved or pasted from another photo. Mouths don't move like that since we have teeth (generally).

Pasted from another source, I think, slight variation in tones there but who knows. All I know is this guy has no clue about anatomy whatsoever.

Pratt2112
Mar 25, 2016

Indeeeeeeeeeed...

Oh... So is that another confirmed "Derek Smart on a fake account" sighting?

Also, maybe someone should explain to her that liking SC isn't what makes them cult-like... Meh. Nevermind, it wouldn't sink. They'd just say "Derek? Is that you?"

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Someone pls tweet Ryan and ask for a hint on blonde lady

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Cao Ni Ma posted:

My understanding is that the ELE could be months away but has begun. A few CIG devs are meant to leave today and I'm hoping Derek says how many and which studio, even if he doesn't want to individually name them.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Some of you have put more effort into tracking down the origins of Ryan 'Tracer' Archer's "art" than he did making it in the first place.

Skellybones posted:

I'm starting to think something fishy is going on with this Star Citizen thing.

hosed up if true

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

AP posted:

My understanding is that the ELE could be months away but has begun. A few CIG devs are meant to leave today and I'm hoping Derek says how many and which studio, even if he doesn't want to individually name them.

Pretty sure Derek posted that he won't be revealing the names, we had scour the linkedin pages ourselves.
I hope he does though.

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012
The ACCC smacked valve down recently. AUS goons who still have money in - raise a complaint. It only took 4 nerds (who had their actual claims thrown out because they had 100's of hours in the games they tried to get refunds on) to make it happen.

Accc ain sumtin to gently caress wit

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Do you think Derek is some sort of comic book villain that would talk about something like this if there was any chance of CIG stopping him? E.L.E. day was 35 weeks ago, he blogged about it at the time.

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

Haskell9 posted:

I wonder how much cash this thread has made for Lowtax in total. Does he even have the means to track that? Now that Radium is gone I mean.

what was the most profitable thread ever for lowtax?

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

MeLKoR posted:

Do you think Derek is some sort of comic book villain that would talk about something like this if there was any chance of CIG stopping him? E.L.E. day was 35 weeks ago, he blogged about it at the time.

Honestly I think it's reasonable to say that Star Citizen was always doomed as soon as Chris flailed his arms emphatically at the initial concept meeting.

Apocadall
Mar 25, 2010

Aren't you the guitarist for the feed dogs?

I feel like thinking everyone who doesn't agree with you is some singular individual is on par with schizophrenia and thinking everyone around you is actually robots or aliens that have replaced everyone you know.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

No but guys he was a producer on "The Punisher" which should tell you everything you need to know about his skill and talent!

He backed a film that ended up scoring a 29% on rotten tomatoes and just barely managed to make back what it cost to make!

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

MeLKoR posted:

Do you think Derek is some sort of comic book villain that would talk about something like this if there was any chance of CIG stopping him?

Somebody make a Fidelity Freak versus the Internet Warlock comic book tia

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

Happy Sisyphus posted:

Probably one of the election toxx or 'post here to get banned' threads.

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Beet Wagon posted:

No but guys he was a producer on "The Punisher" which should tell you everything you need to know about his skill and talent!

He backed a film that ended up scoring a 29% on rotten tomatoes and just barely managed to make back what it cost to make!

He did better then Batman Versus Superman? lmao.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
Toops can Solar Plebeian have a setting where you choose a callsign that maybe shows up in the corner of the HUD? Pusher, Tracer, things like that.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
http://www.scqa.eu/?keywords=absolutely

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

That's absolutely amazing

Edit: http://www.scqa.eu/?keywords=definitely

Daztek fucked around with this message at 13:09 on Mar 31, 2016

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Happy Sisyphus posted:

bet it was the dangan rompa lp

GabrielMobius
Mar 22, 2016

everything is fine
I don't remember who linked to the crazy Uglynoodles thread about her insane friend but thank you, it is helping with how slow this thread is moving today.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

Apocadall posted:

I feel like thinking everyone who doesn't agree with you is some singular individual is on par with schizophrenia and thinking everyone around you is actually robots or aliens that have replaced everyone you know.

The "Derek Smart and his cronies" mentality is part of what will accelerate the demise of Star Citizen. There are parties that are independently addressing the issues with CIG, and either have no idea who Derek Smart is, or wouldn't have heard of him if it hadn't been for Chris Roberts sending his insane missive all over the place. Dumpster fires are visible from more than one vantage point.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

AP posted:

Archer should join the walkout. Even though he's on contract now.

It's the principle of the thing.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2N7x4ARb5bc&t=260s

I have never been so entertained.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/4coq3g/24_expectations_clarification_from_disco_lando/

I.. don't know anymore

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

http://www.scqa.eu/?keywords=certainly

http://www.scqa.eu/?keywords=yes

Happy Sisyphus fucked around with this message at 13:30 on Mar 31, 2016

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Beet Wagon posted:

You know, the more I look at this the harder it is to figure out what the gently caress is even going on

Like, that head clearly doesn't belong on that loving body and came from somewhere else

Why do terminator's arms end at his elbows.

What the gently caress is going on with her weird left claw hand

Why does the shootman in the back have a weird fat arm with hosed up shoulder
Her right hand is fresh out of some early 90s early MS-DOS game by an edgy teenager with a pirated copy of Deluxe Paint. Has anyone checked if Ryan has traced off of Bloodlust Software yet?

imperialparadox
Apr 17, 2012

Don't tell me no one has told the girl she isn't exactly human!

alphabettitouretti posted:

Some of you have put more effort into tracking down the origins of Ryan 'Tracer' Archer's "art" than he did making it in the first place.

But this is the closest thing that Star Citizen has to actual gameplay. :v:

The whole Archer thing is just amazing. What would normally happen if this was another company? Would he be fired and the stolen artwork removed from promotional material? I know CIG will likely just ignore the issue though.

Really, when you think about it, Ryan's work week must be amazing. Just a day or two lazily copy/pasting from Deviant Art, while spending the rest of the week looking busy and pretending that he is doing something. "Artwork is coming along nicely boss! Just a few more days and it will be done!"

I'd like to know what the other artists at CIG thing about this; there is no way that they don't know by now.

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Skellybones posted:

Toops can Solar Plebeian have a setting where you choose a callsign that maybe shows up in the corner of the HUD? Pusher, Tracer, things like that.

Yep it's on the roadmap. It'll come with the multiplayer update, which is after I get a stable, playable 0.1.0 build out (getting pretty close). Basically, you'll be able to set your callsign in options.

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

The only people left who believe in SC at this point are the clinically insane.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jZKA66F40M&t=100s

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

trucutru posted:

If we spend a lot on this poo poo can we have a mod disclose who bought the avatars? That's a project I would like to be part of.

Avatar buying actions should remain confidential for reasons

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

http://www.scqa.eu/?keywords=rear end,_butt,_mouth,_cock
:a2m: confirmed

Dark Off fucked around with this message at 13:46 on Mar 31, 2016

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

Making it Rain posted:

:vince:

That honest to god for some stupid reason had me giggling like an idiot for the last 20 or so minutes. :cripes:

:wotwot:

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

:jerky:

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

"ees getting veddy eenteresting naow."

Yeah. Yeah sure it is buddy.

fe: is that Mr. "I am been like death, hollow all of my life?"

Toops fucked around with this message at 13:53 on Mar 31, 2016

Lonkface
Jan 22, 2016

All that glitters is not gold.

imperialparadox posted:

But this is the closest thing that Star Citizen has to actual gameplay. :v:

The whole Archer thing is just amazing. What would normally happen if this was another company? Would he be fired and the stolen artwork removed from promotional material? I know CIG will likely just ignore the issue though.

Really, when you think about it, Ryan's work week must be amazing. Just a day or two lazily copy/pasting from Deviant Art, while spending the rest of the week looking busy and pretending that he is doing something. "Artwork is coming along nicely boss! Just a few more days and it will be done!"

I'd like to know what the other artists at CIG thing about this; there is no way that they don't know by now.

Well, to be fair, I think he does do the layouts for the texts etc too so I guess that's something? But for the artwork, and this coming from someone who hasn't worked in the industry, I don't know how anyone could approve shoddy work like that. Either he doesn't have superiors approving the work or they just don't care/might just be blind. It does seem fairly odd because it's like bad fan-art, so how does it get approved in a company that's all about fidelity.

I'm sure the actual artists at CIG holding their heads as much as we are.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

imperialparadox posted:

There was a kerfuffle recently where a painting in an Uncharted 4 trailer was discovered to be a piece of concept art from Assassin's Creed 4. Naughty Dog released a statement taking full responsibility for not vetting the artwork enough before releasing the trailer, apologized to Ubisoft and re-released the trailer with replacement artwork. No word on what happened to anyone responsible, but that's the closest and most recent example I can think of.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Post to fix the caching bug.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

In case of severe head trauma affecting decision making, break glass.

• Locked thread