Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

For Blood, Comic Mischief, Mature Humor, Nudity, Strong Language, Suggestive Themes, Use of Alcohol, and Intense Violence.

Online Interactions Not Rated.

deadly_pudding posted:

supreme workpost

Yes, my desk is very organized :colbert:

Anyway, I can already tell miitomo is dumb as hell, but I will probably keep engaging it for points because I'm the worst.

Ha, I love this. He looks so distraught.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Is WW Touched a DSiware thing or a big DS release?

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

SelenicMartian posted:

Is WW Touched a DSiware thing or a big DS release?

Touched was the big DS release, the small (and lovely) DSi game was called Snapped.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

LoveBoatCaptain posted:

I'm thinking of getting one of the Fire Emblem games that are on sale in Europe this week. Which one would you recommend to someone who's only played Awakening?

Both of the GBA games are great - Sacred Stones is a bit easier though since it features potentially unlimited experience points.. Just don't buy Shadow Dragon, it sucks.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
I hope that that one WW game being there means Nintendo are going to start to release DS games digitally on 3DS. :ohdear:

LoveBoatCaptain
Aug 26, 2008

Celebrate as all our past ways wither, lead the way to an age of light

Dunban posted:

Both of the GBA games are great - Sacred Stones is a bit easier though since it features potentially unlimited experience points.. Just don't buy Shadow Dragon, it sucks.

Thanks!

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Lemon-Lime posted:

I hope that that one WW game being there means Nintendo are going to start to release DS games digitally on 3DS. :ohdear:

Iirc there's something in the way they're coded or the console's hardware is laid out that the only way DS games will work is through the physical cart slot. Advance Wars DS on the JPN Club Nintendo was a complete hackjob done by essentially turning it into a DSiware game.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
Is there any word on whether the Zelda picross has a more traditional game structure than the Pokemon one? IIRC the Pokemon one just gives you infinite deposits of that mobile-style currency once you pay the maximum amount of real dollars, so it still feels like an F2P mobile game.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Minidust posted:

Is there any word on whether the Zelda picross has a more traditional game structure than the Pokemon one? IIRC the Pokemon one just gives you infinite deposits of that mobile-style currency once you pay the maximum amount of real dollars, so it still feels like an F2P mobile game.

It seems to just be standard Picross. Not as many puzzles as a Picross e title, but it's not F2P either.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

I told someone's Mii I was poopin' and he said "whoa, sorry to disturb you!"

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

codenameFANGIO posted:

I told someone's Mii I was poopin' and he said "whoa, sorry to disturb you!"

GOTY

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

can super sluggers be played just on the wiiu controller or is it another one of those loving "no you need the wiimote" deals

Medium Cool
Dec 27, 2006

Yr sister is a beauty when she's naked
Grimey Drawer
so has anyone managed to get the zelda picross yet? basically the only thing I want out of this right now

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

MinibarMatchman posted:

can super sluggers be played just on the wiiu controller or is it another one of those loving "no you need the wiimote" deals

If the game supported a classic controller originally, it can be played with the game pad buttons.

If it did not support a classic controller, you need a wiimote and possibly a nunchuck.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

That is probably the least helpful correct answer you could have given.

Super Sluggers was part of the New Play Control line of Gamecube games with Wiimote controls added, so I'm doubtful that you can use a classic controller. Looking it up, no, the game only supports Wiimote or Wiimote+Nunchuk controls, so you can't play with just the gamepad.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

ChaosArgate posted:

Super Sluggers was part of the New Play Control line of Gamecube games with Wiimote controls added

No it wasn't. Super Sluggers is a Wii original sequel to the GC game.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Oh it was? My bad, I didn't realize there was a second. My point still stands about the game's controls though.

nerd_of_prey
Mar 27, 2010
Tried to open miitomo but apparently it doesn't work on rooted phones. Sad times

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

For Blood, Comic Mischief, Mature Humor, Nudity, Strong Language, Suggestive Themes, Use of Alcohol, and Intense Violence.

Online Interactions Not Rated.
Miitomo asks some rather probing questions.

Big boobs.

Watrick
Mar 15, 2007

C:enter:###
So you can only add friends with social media? That sucks.

Scratch-O
Apr 27, 2009

My goodness!
If only there was some other way to add profiles to Miitomo, like perhaps some manner of code your friends could share with you...

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
I wish I knew literally anyone with Miitomo. :(

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Scratch-O posted:

If only there was some other way to add profiles to Miitomo, like perhaps some manner of code your friends could share with you...

Yeah, if only, because there isn't. You can't add friends by friend code or QR code.

Edit: Just realized that I'm not sure whether you're being sarcastic because you thought you can add friends that way, or because it's dumb that Nintendo wouldn't also include the friend code system that it already uses.

thexerox123 fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Mar 31, 2016

Watrick
Mar 15, 2007

C:enter:###

Scratch-O posted:

Excellent! Can you explain how to do this?

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I don't understand why you can't add your Nintendo Network friends

Scratch-O
Apr 27, 2009

My goodness!
I'm sarcastically referencing the fact that Nintendo already implemented friend codes, a system to add people you may not necessarily know very well to your friend list, but is reluctant to allow their users to do that after the Swapnote controversy. I have not played Miitomo, because I could instead use that time on actual video games, so I do not know firsthand whether or not it actually uses friend codes.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Because you are not the target audience. It's aimed at those zombies who do the bidding of their microtransaction lords.

In other words, the casual smart phone fiddling normies. :ghost:

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Scratch-O posted:

I'm sarcastically referencing the fact that Nintendo already implemented friend codes, a system to add people you may not necessarily know very well to your friend list, but is reluctant to allow their users to do that after the Swapnote controversy. I have not played Miitomo, because I could instead use that time on actual video games, so I do not know firsthand whether or not it actually uses friend codes.

Thanks for clearing that up. :geno:

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Does Mynintendo have any way for you to get rewarded for past purchases, or do we all need to start fresh?

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*
Welp Miitomo crashes immediately. Is it because I jailbroke my phone or is the app poo poo?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Having access to your friends on one system does not entitle you to equal access on multiple system.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Scratch-O posted:

It doesn't, you can only add friends through Facebook/Twitter or if you're physically in the same location as them

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

Having access to your friends on one system does not entitle you to equal access on multiple system.

lmao

The Vinja Ninja
Mar 16, 2006

Sometimes, time beats you.

MisterAlex posted:

Miitomo asks some rather probing questions.

Big boobs.

Same, My only problem is that nobody on facebook or my twitter followers has it Installed yet, ;_; bloo hoo hoo.

The struggle over having normal people as friends on both is real.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I am going back in time to eliminate "entitled" from the dictionary

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I just bought Fire Emblem Fates: Revelation as an add-on to FE:F Birthright, through the in-game menu, and have not gotten gold coins for it :( Come on Nintendo, I bought a game digitally, this is bullshit, I don't care if it was through the game as DLC sort of

EDIT: You got points back for DLC during the Digital Deluxe promotion, what the heck

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

In Training posted:

Please stop, one jivjov is enough.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

In Training posted:

Jivjov, you forgot to switch accounts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lemon-Lime posted:

Please stop, one jivjov is enough.

Agrias120 posted:

Jivjov, you forgot to switch accounts.