Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Clearly he hacked the cfgs and dared having a user folder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

G0RF posted:

We get Erin pt 2 today right?

yes. Also Jared mentioned that we would learn more about what was actually in 2.4

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

XK posted:

Nobody thinks you actually beat up a Coke machine.

Yeah those things are heavy-weight

No shame in admitting defeat Derek

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Pop and Loch Nessy posted:

There is a chance that Derek might not read your post!!!!!!!!!!

but then how will senpai ever notice me?!

LeafHouse
Apr 22, 2008

That's what you get for not hailing to the chimp!

D_Smart posted:

In fairness to others, I have to re-think my position.

So new rules. For every loving Ryan Archer post, which means 1 day of my not posting AND skipping pages, I want to see at least 4 non-RA posts. So that's a good ratio and it means that I won't miss that many pages.

But seriously, unlike my reading every page religiously, if this RA bullshit continues, even with the above ratio, it just means a lot of skipped pages containing stuff directed at me; and which will never get replies.

ps. E.L.E. in-bound

imagining all the poor goons who will never get a reply from you thanks to others heartlessness is making my eyes piss tears

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

D_Smart posted:

If you actually read the article, you'd know that the mag that original printed it, issued a retraction as a result of them speaking to people who were there and who said it never happened.

So yeah, that's totally how that works. This is the part where you pay close attention: I never said that I had proven it. Here is what I said. Read it. This time, slowly.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3748466&pagenumber=2792&perpage=40#post458103288

ps: Hey Ben is that you? Or is it Jared?

pps: Yes, I know you're associated with Star Citizen in some form. More soon. Two Weeks.

Hey guys I have solid proof in the form of my own website/blog post. Totes legit.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Why does the buggy sound like Outrun?

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:
You should enjoy a gin and tonic Uncle Smart. We're all in the bomb shelter. You did it. You ensured that almost all of the goon population have no real stake in Star Citizen, aside from comedy. We are invested in the laughter now. Don't short change us here, let us chuckle in the aisle of the cinema as we want

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Whoever from CIG is reading this thread, recommend this guy to Chris Roberts immediately. He's exactly what's needed to finally put the engine in order.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVhHNVguMWo

I swear they could be brothers.

ether
May 20, 2001

This thread also outshines Frontier by a huge margin in the rollercoaster department. Even with all the stolen nazi art floating around if is so righteously fidelitous.

And I for one am glad for it,

Cheen
Apr 17, 2005

Ryan Archer drew this illustration based off of eye witness reports.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

A Neurotic Jew posted:

Derek - he said validates. He's agreeing with you.

Then he won't have used almost. Hence my clueless (which wasn't meant to be derogatory at all, since he IS clueless since he does NOT have access to the material that I do)

The mPU going into maintenance mode is absolute.

ps: I'm on mobile, so it's pretty hairy keeping track.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
Jared is staring at that "submit" button right now, a bead of sweat dripping down his forehead.

"am I really going to do this? can I really pull this trigger?"

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

A Neurotic Jew posted:

Jared is staring at that "submit" button right now, a bead dropping down his forehead.

"am I really going to do this? can I really pull the trigger on this?"

This is worse than Derek's soon, two weeks, wait

stinch
Nov 21, 2013

G0RF posted:

We get Erin pt 2 today right?

They probably had to scrap that since CR contradicted everything Erin said in his everything and the kitchen sink will be in 2.4 livestream.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

A Neurotic Jew posted:

Jared is staring at that "submit" button right now, a bead of sweat dripping down his forehead.

"am I really going to do this? can I really pull the trigger on this?"

Half of their audience will be SC fans, the other half grad students writing dissertations on PTSD.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Scruffpuff posted:

I think Derek's having some reading comprehension difficulties because he's in some transcendent euphoric state brought on by all the super-secret news that we're all in the loving dark about. Come on, Derek, help a thread out. Burn their JPEG ships to ashes!

Not really, using my thread catch-up method on mobile is a mess. You did see my future-post missive about Ryan Archer poo poo, right? That's the level of frustration that I feel right now. Compounded by the fact that I'm sitting on E.L.E. material that I am prevented from sharing.

So pissed right now. Meanwhile, people are foolishly still putting money into a project they are never - ever - going to get. :(

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Dusty Lens posted:

Half of their audience will be SC fans, the other half grad students writing dissertations on PTSD.

And the third half is us I guess

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

D_Smart posted:

Then he won't have used almost. Hence my clueless (which wasn't meant to be derogatory at all, since he IS clueless since he does NOT have access to the material that I do)

Derek - solid question that shouldn't compromise anyone. Is the E.L.E. a separate and distinct event from the other poo poo, like the PTU going into maintenance mode? Meaning, if the E.L.E. had not occurred, the PTU was still going into maintenance mode, and SC was still hosed. It's just that this big mystery event makes the rest of the poo poo a moot point. Would you say that's accurate?

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

Scruffpuff posted:

Derek - solid question that shouldn't compromise anyone. Is the E.L.E. a separate and distinct event from the other poo poo, like the PTU going into maintenance mode? Meaning, if the E.L.E. had not occurred, the PTU was still going into maintenance mode, and SC was still hosed. It's just that this big mystery event makes the rest of the poo poo a moot point. Would you say that's accurate?

Yeah. I really want this E.L.E to be completely left-field. Otherwise it just can never live up to the hype.

Cheen
Apr 17, 2005

Scruffpuff posted:

Sorry this won't be answered as someone said Ryan Archer into a mirror 3 times.

sorla78
Oct 11, 2012

EAT THE PAIN AWAY!
ATV

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkwIzILcoxM

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

stinch posted:

They probably had to scrap that since CR contradicted everything Erin said in his everything and the kitchen sink will be in 2.4 livestream.

I'm hoping they have an interview with someone who is part of the rumored walkout group. That's too much to hope for but it would be some seriously zany hijinx.

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

Eonwe posted:

anime, is in fact, good

blueberrysmith
May 4, 2006

Dirty Sanchez

i was only here to watch the SC implosion, but 2 for 1? it's my lucky day.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

lol they're showing the timelapse with all the broken fizzix

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Christ Roberts is way better than toilet lord...
:gary: :lesnick: :yarg:
:pgabz: :fuzzknot: :eonwe:
:wtchris:

whoop whoop

stinch
Nov 21, 2013

XK posted:

Whoever from CIG is reading this thread, recommend this guy to Chris Roberts immediately. He's exactly what's needed to finally put the engine in order.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVhHNVguMWo

I swear they could be brothers.

He has the hand gestures but is way too modest.

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

Daztek posted:

didnt they already do this?

Xegaus
Sep 27, 2006
King of nothing!
Meet the new Derek, same as the old Derek!

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

D_Smart posted:

Holy moly, :laffo:

You are the Donald Trump of developers. Totally not derogatory because you ARE a thin skinned baby and you do NOT apparently have the means to understand basic social constructs that have been developed over eons of humanity.

Eldragon
Feb 22, 2003

D_Smart posted:

Not really, using my thread catch-up method on mobile is a mess. You did see my future-post missive about Ryan Archer poo poo, right? That's the level of frustration that I feel right now. Compounded by the fact that I'm sitting on E.L.E. material that I am prevented from sharing.

So pissed right now. Meanwhile, people are foolishly still putting money into a project they are never - ever - going to get. :(

So do you have any new information to share today, and if not, why bother saying anything 3 days ago?

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

how to stop people from laughing at sandi reading all her lines: let ben do all the talking

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Christ Roberts is way better than toilet lord...
:gary: :lesnick: :yarg:
:pgabz: :fuzzknot: :eonwe:
:wtchris:
Los angels, CA

What are you working on : Right now? I'm just figuring everything out... mdgg... doors... Automatic doors

gently caress.

sunaurus
Feb 13, 2012

Oh great, another bookah.
For every new Ryan Archer post I will divide all the posts in this thread by 15 and multiply them by pi and x = 0 and I will then proceed to divide 27 by the amount of Ryan Archer posts and then I will not read this thread for x days

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

flyboi posted:

quote:

D_Smart posted:
If you're taking the comment (and term) literally, and thinking it has anything to do with FISA, congrats, you're an idiot.
I do not however I'm asking what in their terms and conditions can remotely be considered a warrant canary. The phrase and usage came about specifically because of section 215 on the patriot act. Just using the phrase half-handedly is stupid and improper unless you can point to a clause that actually would fit.

First, my apologies for calling you an idiot. It's one of those days and I should have looked at who I was responding to because it appeared to be SillyBones or one of the RSI/CIG related alt accounts I've started keeping track of and investigating.

That said, my comment that Ben should look up Warrant Canary had nothing to do with FISA, The Patriot Act or anything of the sort.

I was using it in context of "I know something that you don't, but I can't talk about it". There is NO other legal context for it; and a gag order won't apply since there is no originating lawsuit.

My comment has to do with the concept of NOT being able to say ANYTHING about an on-going events/op/action. That being the position THEY are in. I am in the same boat. And I said this (re: E.L.E) even BEFORE the AtV aired and everyone started speculating on the demeanor, body language etc of all three of them on camera.

It was also what prompted my message to Erin.

For those of you who have no clue what I'm talking about : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warrant_canary

blueberrysmith
May 4, 2006

Dirty Sanchez

Daztek posted:

i'm the jittery as gently caress rotating objects on a high fidelity space port

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.
Ben confirms the obvious

Still no roadmap for PTU development...

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA
Toops, can warrant canaries be some of the procedurally generated birds for Solar Plebeian?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away
Is it usual for Sandi to slip into Australian accent every now and then? That was weird.

Ben looks completely hosed up, is this usual?

Sorry.

• Locked thread