Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

blueberrysmith posted:

always watching...

also this AI "demo" is creepy as hell
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkwIzILcoxM&t=3747s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

D_Smart posted:

Yes and No.

The E.L.E is just the catalyst to a foregone conclusion that was previously speculation at best. It is now a fact (as per the E.L.E. catalyst). No more speculation.

Look at is this way: You, get clipped by a car while crossing the street. Then, injured, you stagger into the path of an on-going truck as you try to get to the other side. The End.

Before two weeks ago, when even SQ42 being a 2016 "game" was debatable, even the skeptics thought that, at the very least, they would spit out SQ42 in 2017 and try to limp along.

From where I'm sitting - right now - there is no Star Citizen (aka PU) and there is no SQ42. Now or ever.

The project is currently going through the E.L.E which will result in a cascading effect in which the conclusion will be a total loss of the asset. As in: no game

I really cannot be more clearer than that. :(

Yes you can, you can write it all down, encrypt it and then post it online. When legal gives you the OK post the key. As it is all you are saying is that Star Citizen is hosed and eventually they will no longer be able to hide it. Anyone with two brain cells could have figured this out, unless you have a way to proving what you are talking about then no one will give you your due credit when it happens. As it is Chris could have a coke stroke tomorrow and you could claim that "his addiction was clearly about to get him killed" was what you meant all along.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

gently caress boring rear end star citizen until something happens, just focus on Ryan archer

ShredsYouSay
Sep 22, 2011

How's his widow holding up?

Dark Off posted:

progress on böring b 70
yes the guy in right is your personal assistant.
Unfortunately no one has figured out how to remove him.

Good god man, what did you do to that poor uv sphere in the bottom middle?

Also those stretched quads are triggering me. I feel grief.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

runsamok posted:

I would like to lodge a complaint about nobody commenting on my cattes or recipes.

your cats haunt my dreams with their perfect catness. Seriously thanks for making me aware of Norwegian forest cats!

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
has the loving assteroid hit Crebis yet?

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

It just occurred to me that when you walk within 12m of the buggy the CIG server streams 4 wheels to you, back away a step and the server tells you to forget a wheel, 4 times.

Ok, it probably doesn't, but it might.

Mr Fronts
Jan 31, 2016

Yo! The Mafia supports you. But don't tell no one. Spread the word.

MeLKoR posted:

Remember when MoMA was getting all stupid and people were telling him to chill and he wouldn't listen? You should chill now. Have a drink, take a nap, go for a walk and then come back. Why are you even getting all worked up? You won, Star Citizen is hosed, all you have to do is wait. This is like watching you hammer your own dick in the podium and scream at your teammates.

That's the big Solar Plebian speech scene, right there.

ShredsYouSay
Sep 22, 2011

How's his widow holding up?

lol even the smiley has terrible teeth

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

Ryan!!! RYAN!!! You got the cover of Jump this month!!!! Make sure you do an extra good job, ok?

SECOND FREAKING RESULT for "graffiti" in google, first page for skull graffiti. :effort:

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Google Butt posted:

gently caress boring rear end star citizen until something happens, just focus on Ryan archer

The real game now, is trying to find something he actually made, by himself, without deviantart, google, or screencaps from various TV shows and movies.

It is an impossible game.

Edit : the picture above, proves my point, now the question is which nebula picture is that from?

Lime Tonics fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Mar 31, 2016

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

ZenMaster posted:

Ryan!!! RYAN!!! You got the cover of Jump this month!!!! Make sure you do an extra good job, ok?

SECOND FREAKING RESULT for "graffiti" in google, first page for skull graffiti. :effort:

scam + dream

= SKEAM

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Crazy Achmed posted:

I'm about 10 pages back but wanted to say that Toops should include at least one space train in the Sperg faction. Even better if it isn't actually steerable and just runs in a circle around the arena, stopping at certain points. I'm not sure if this is feasible, but it could also be immune to normal weapon damage but instead explodes of its own accord if another player makes it late for 3 stops in a row.

I'll put it on the ideas board. Like it.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

ZenMaster posted:

:golfclap:

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Also LOL at space graffiti.

xiansi
Jan 26, 2012

im judjing all goons cause they have bad leader, so a noral member is associated whith thoose crasy one

Personaly i would quit the goons if i was in cause of thoose crasy ppl
Clapping Larry

Apocadall posted:

How about you go gently caress yourself. The only thing bigger than Lesnick is your loving ego.

That's him, in the ignore list.

Makes this thread much more catchupable, and anything interesting or funny will get quoted.

Oh, and this is about Ryan Archer, art thief & Derek nemesis.

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Skellybones posted:

Is the current Ramparp ship a Goonrathi Scout?

Yes.

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

AP posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhM1zOxxLOY&t=1174s

lol@ Batgirl being concerned about terrorist attacks on CIG Europe. It's the backers they should be worried about.

The backers ARE terrorists.

:QED:

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Toops posted:

I'll put it on the ideas board. Like it.

Just throwing this out there: have you considered a partnership with Doritos or Mountain Dew or Mad Katz?

You haven't really "arrived" in game development until you get your own joystick or endorsement ship skins.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

D1E posted:

Just throwing this out there: have you considered a partnership with Doritos or Mountain Dew or Mad Katz?

You haven't really "arrived" in game development until you get your own joystick or endorsement ship skins.

He needs to add joystick support first :v:

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Or a partnership with Derek Smart?

Seriously, calling it Derek Smart's Solar Plebian would trigger the cultists to no end.

Pantsless Hero
May 25, 2004

Serv-Bot will kick your ass.
Wow, this seems like a problem for Derek. Ship JPEGs with that many layers won't burn to ashes as easily as other, less fidelitious JPEGs.

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

drat Dirty Ape posted:

Also LOL at space graffiti.

Something out of Red Dwarf I hope.

sorla78
Oct 11, 2012

EAT THE PAIN AWAY!
Braben (Twitter) - "The guys from @SaitekSim visited us today and brought something shiny for #EliteDangerous ... "

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Dark Off posted:

progress on böring b 70
yes the guy in right is your personal assistant.
Unfortunately no one has figured out how to remove him.

Jesus god I love this thread.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

ZenMaster posted:

That's the cover that could be a big deal if those belong to someone, subscribers pay for Jump Point.

Ponzi
Feb 21, 2016

DEPORTED FROM FLAVOR TOWN

ICSA 67 LOSER
Fun Shoe

D_Smart posted:

I am NOT at all concerned about them suing me. I've been dying for them to do it; knowing fully well that they'd be insane to try that poo poo with the likes of me.

No, this is coming from forces bigger than me, man. And I'm not crazy enough to ignore it.

Once it all comes to a head, you all will understand why.

I'll have a guess at what I think this could be about. Bare in mind that this is entirely conjecture on my part:

Some kind of government agency or agencies have got involved, with a strong suspicion that something decidedly illegal has been happening at CIG. So a warrent has been issued compelling CIG and the other companies to hand over their accounts for forensic examination.

Somehow, Derek has got wind of this (either through a contact from within CIG, or a contact at the government agency), but he's not supposed to know, so can't say anything publicly. If he does, he'll be breaking the law (in the UK I think it's known as 'tipping-off', and is an offence).

Once concrete evidence of wrong-doing is uncovered by the agency, the poo poo will really hit the fan. CIG and it's associated companies will get closed down, and all bank accounts frozen. CIG will cease to operate as a going concern.

Possible illegal activities:
Theft of company funds. Or at least misappropriation of company funds. Spending 'development' money on fripperies such as overly-expensive coffee machines, and using company funds for personal gain for example.
Money-laundering via the black/grey market and/or melt/unmelt and gifting. Derek has mentioned a 'Swedish mafia' several times in the past. They could be behind many rabid 'sock-puppet' accounts that we see all over the internet, and also used to encourage the masses to spend pledge more.
Misrepresentation of the legal grounds on which CIG denies refunds, using scare-tactics to encourage backers to cease with the attempt to get their money back (basically saying that applying for a chargeback would be breaking the law).

Dunno if any of the above is sensible. It may be total poo poo. But hopefully we'll find out in time. Two weeks?

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

sorla78 posted:

Braben (Twitter) - "The guys from @SaitekSim visited us today and brought something shiny for #EliteDangerous ... "

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

blueberrysmith posted:

please don't steal, original art

sorla78
Oct 11, 2012

EAT THE PAIN AWAY!

AI even robes us of our comedy. (They will certainly put Ryan Archer out of a job)

sorla78 fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Mar 31, 2016

xanif
Nov 3, 2010

Beer: Who was your first kill, not counting old men?
Eonwe: One of the outlaws in the Brotherhood.
Seraph84: I was there that day. You were only a squire, sixteen years old.
Eonwe: You killed Friendly Tumour with a counter-post. Best move I ever saw.
Oven Wrangler

D_Smart posted:

I am on p2788.

When I get to the current last page (2798) that I am on now, for every loving Ryan Archer post that I see, I won't post for 1 day. e.g. if I see 10 posts after p2798, that's 10 days that I won't post.

And when I do come back, I will start reading from page count + number of days. Which means that every thing that came before, I will neither read, nor respond to.

So yeah, you loving idiots need to stop with this Ryan Archer poo poo and go create another thread for it.

That is all.

Making high effort Ryan Archer post itt

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

1500 posted:

LOL collision avoidance section, they just walk right through each other.
The first part of the video is with the collision avoidance turned off, once they turn it on it seems to work okay.

I just defended CIG, I feel dirty.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Ponzi posted:

Possible illegal activities:
Theft of company funds. Or at least misappropriation of company funds.

What gives the government the right to decide whether using the company Amex for Brazilian waxes is a "legitimate business expense"?

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

D_Smart posted:

I am on p2788.

When I get to the current last page (2798) that I am on now, for every loving Ryan Archer post that I see, I won't post for 1 day. e.g. if I see 10 posts after p2798, that's 10 days that I won't post.

And when I do come back, I will start reading from page count + number of days. Which means that every thing that came before, I will neither read, nor respond to.

So yeah, you loving idiots need to stop with this Ryan Archer poo poo and go create another thread for it.

That is all.

Has anyone else thought that this is a coded statement?

I think I've been following this thread for too long.

fnord

xiansi
Jan 26, 2012

im judjing all goons cause they have bad leader, so a noral member is associated whith thoose crasy one

Personaly i would quit the goons if i was in cause of thoose crasy ppl
Clapping Larry

sorla78 posted:

I am the flimsy-looking thumb stick that won't last a week.

gently caress, I managed to break the equivalent Warthog one after a few months of Elite, I have little faith in this last-ditch attempt at relevance from a dying company. Which seems appropriate for SC...

runsamok
Jan 12, 2011

sorla78 posted:

What.
The.
gently caress.

Who decided "Hands On Throttle And Stick Except For The Seventeen Tiny Switches Scattered Around" was the way to go?

HOTASEFTSTSSA

Hoe-tas-effts-tuhsssa.. Sounds like goddamn parseltongue.

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,
I have a prediction here. I think they're changing engines and shitcanning F42 Germany. It explains Brian whatever's absolutely gutted and walking dead demeanor the last few updates, and the fact that he has no material progress to show.

I have to be honest. Poaching "CryEngine senior talent" is basically the equivalent of bailing out a bunch of expensive engine developers who developed the industry bargain-basement lovely engine. They haven't been able to solve ANY of the problems that have been there from the start. Star Marine? More like Stop Marine. Netcode? More like Notcode. Ship pipeline? More like poo poo pipeline. Animations? More like Progress cessation.

Wild shot in the dark but with Derek's lawyers in "don't" mode, it's as good a shot as any.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

• Locked thread