Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
the last episode of Gintama for a while, possibly ever aired today

rip

edit

PLEASE DO NOT GOOGLE CAT, RYAN ARCHER STYLE, YOU WILL NOT FIND THIS CAT, BUT JUST DONT DO IT ANYWAY OK

eonwe fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Mar 31, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

So did anybody figure out what the gently caress "3 more days" actually meant?

Ponzi
Feb 21, 2016

DEPORTED FROM FLAVOR TOWN

ICSA 67 LOSER
Fun Shoe

TTerrible posted:

ELE aside, the thing that is interesting to me is the re-organisation of the forums to be more backer friendly and genuinely open/useful.

Concern threads no longer have to have a poll and won't be closed for not having one and the developers questions forum is being made active again. What gives? Why are they loosening the gag here?

Those polls were a bit of a farce though - they typically had 2-figure response rates, occasionally 3-figure. The majority almost-always disagreed with the concern too......

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
I guess so, but this poo poo has been hosed for over a year - why now? They've needed positive PR forever. Bring on the ELE.

xanif
Nov 3, 2010

Beer: Who was your first kill, not counting old men?
Eonwe: One of the outlaws in the Brotherhood.
Seraph84: I was there that day. You were only a squire, sixteen years old.
Eonwe: You killed Friendly Tumour with a counter-post. Best move I ever saw.
Oven Wrangler
I just read Derek's addendum. Any objections to me just posting "Ryan Archer" as every 4th post?

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
CaptionBot can recognize celebrities.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

A Neurotic Jew posted:

So this is likely your final chance to take a guess on Q2 Leavers. I will buy an immersive SC related avatar to whoever can predict the most right. Minus one point for every guess you make that doesn't pan out. will wait until next Friday for all information to come in before declaring a winner.

My guesses: 1) Sean Tracey 2) Toni Z. 3) Chambers

Andrew Rexroth, Andrew Hesse, Chad Garyet, Chris Graves, Evan Manning, Keegan Standifer & Marissa Meissner

runsamok
Jan 12, 2011

Eonwe posted:

rip

I'm almost caught up on One Piece & haven't ever watched Gintama. Should I?

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

alf_pogs posted:

i think you'll find this was all foretold by derek smart in the July Blog Scrolls

I did not read. Too long I got poo poo to do.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

runsamok posted:

Every time beets are mentioned, this gets stuck in my head.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5AuLkMBAFZg

That little girl's a loving bitch. Beets are rad. :laffo:

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Beet Wagon posted:

I need to get back to a Beet themed av.

I love my Parpman though. Maybe I can combine them.

I would like to see beet come back. I like that AV, but I miss your old one.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

runsamok posted:

I'm almost caught up on One Piece & haven't ever watched Gintama. Should I?

Gintama is my absolute favorite anime of all time

Episodes 1 - 15 can be somewhat slow feeling because they have to introduce an absolutely huge amount of characters

the animation and jokes only get better over time thuogh

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Perhaps the 3 days thing is in reference to the leavers, if they get paid on the first/end of the month, today/tomorrow will be when the walkout will happen. Keep an eye on those LinkedIns!

runsamok
Jan 12, 2011

Beet Wagon posted:

That little girl's a loving bitch. Beets are rad. :laffo:

I giggle every time that l'il beet dude pops up tho.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

D_Smart posted:

Not really, using my thread catch-up method on mobile is a mess. You did see my future-post missive about Ryan Archer poo poo, right? That's the level of frustration that I feel right now. Compounded by the fact that I'm sitting on E.L.E. material that I am prevented from sharing.

So pissed right now. Meanwhile, people are foolishly still putting money into a project they are never - ever - going to get. :(

Just think of it this way ryan archer has drawn a backer-funded paycheck from CIG for how long now? It's one more thing croberts and co have done wrong, one more miserable slimy shitlord who has profited from this, one more reason to be contemptuous.

Also because he got paid to 'make art' he was literally selling jpgs makes u think.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

sorla78 posted:

Braben (Twitter) - "The guys from @SaitekSim visited us today and brought something shiny for #EliteDangerous ... "

That actually looks nice and functional!

Ponzi posted:

I'll have a guess at what I think this could be about. Bare in mind that this is entirely conjecture on my part:

Some kind of government agency or agencies have got involved, with a strong suspicion that something decidedly illegal has been happening at CIG. So a warrent has been issued compelling CIG and the other companies to hand over their accounts for forensic examination.

Somehow, Derek has got wind of this (either through a contact from within CIG, or a contact at the government agency), but he's not supposed to know, so can't say anything publicly. If he does, he'll be breaking the law (in the UK I think it's known as 'tipping-off', and is an offence).

Once concrete evidence of wrong-doing is uncovered by the agency, the poo poo will really hit the fan. CIG and it's associated companies will get closed down, and all bank accounts frozen. CIG will cease to operate as a going concern.

Possible illegal activities:
Theft of company funds. Or at least misappropriation of company funds. Spending 'development' money on fripperies such as overly-expensive coffee machines, and using company funds for personal gain for example.
Money-laundering via the black/grey market and/or melt/unmelt and gifting. Derek has mentioned a 'Swedish mafia' several times in the past. They could be behind many rabid 'sock-puppet' accounts that we see all over the internet, and also used to encourage the masses to spend pledge more.
Misrepresentation of the legal grounds on which CIG denies refunds, using scare-tactics to encourage backers to cease with the attempt to get their money back (basically saying that applying for a chargeback would be breaking the law).

Dunno if any of the above is sensible. It may be total poo poo. But hopefully we'll find out in time. Two weeks?
I've suspected something similar. Note that D_Smart has claimed he's had meetings with state AGs. But left it at that....

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Solomonic posted:

Toops, can warrant canaries be some of the procedurally generated birds for Solar Plebeian?

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

sorla78 posted:

Braben (Twitter) - "The guys from @SaitekSim visited us today and brought something shiny for #EliteDangerous ... "

I would love to see Chris's reaction when he sees this.

runsamok
Jan 12, 2011

Eonwe posted:

Gintama is my absolute favorite anime of all time

Episodes 1 - 15 can be somewhat slow feeling because they have to introduce an absolutely huge amount of characters

the animation and jokes only get better over time thuogh

I'll suss out some fansubs & add it to my Sonarr later tonight then.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Toops posted:

I would like to see beet come back. I like that AV, but I miss your old one.

I've loved both of my gift avs (dead-eyed-sex-bot was a gift too) but it feels weird seeing myself in Daz pictures as Gary Oldman.

I've become addicted to being in the gif-av cool kids club though, so I'll have to find a beet that dances or some poo poo.

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

GabrielMobius posted:

So here's the thought process from me. We'll give them the benefit of the doubt and assume the Idris is actually done, and can be put in the hangar/game/whatever. I think the debate is likely closer to them deciding if they can do a limited, hangar-ready sale, and if it can net them any more money. Releasing one of their bigger and more hyped ships into the wild in the Crusader map is sure to drive up sales.

A second bit of :tinfoil: is that it's possible they want to wait until they scrub the unmelt system to ensure that any new money being dumped into Idris-es is all new money.

The thing is, it's guaranteed to be completely gently caress-broken and unplayable in any kind of multiplayer instance. It's just too big, and they haven't solved the CryEngine level-size/ship-size restriction yet.

So now they need to completely re-write some big back-end poo poo, and they don't have enough devs with senior/architect chops to do it.

At least, that's the way I see it.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Eonwe posted:

rip

Cheer up, Diamond is Unbreakable is supposed to start today!

VealCutlet
Dec 21, 2015

I am a marketing god, shave that shit

blueberrysmith posted:

always watching...

also this AI "demo" is creepy as hell
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkwIzILcoxM&t=3747s

ROFL memory consumption is "low" as it runs like a hot pile of poo poo.

Then they go on about collision detection and at the end 2 NPC just walk right loving through each other!

runsamok
Jan 12, 2011

Beet Wagon posted:

I've loved both of my gift avs (dead-eyed-sex-bot was a gift too) but it feels weird seeing myself in Daz pictures as Gary Oldman.

I've become addicted to being in the gif-av cool kids club though, so I'll have to find a beet that dances or some poo poo.

Dude, I JUST linked you a singing beet!

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

runsamok posted:

I giggle every time that l'il beet dude pops up tho.

That guy was great. It didn't even look especially like a beet cause his stems were all short, but he was awesome.

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Eonwe posted:

rip

Post a loving cat pic you savage. You're not above the law.

GabrielMobius
Mar 22, 2016

everything is fine

Toops posted:

The thing is, it's guaranteed to be completely gently caress-broken and unplayable in any kind of multiplayer instance. It's just too big, and they haven't solved the CryEngine level-size/ship-size restriction yet.

So now they need to completely re-write some big back-end poo poo, and they don't have enough devs with senior/architect chops to do it.

At least, that's the way I see it.

That's also possible. I don't think any existing hangars can support it, and unless they make a very special exception to add a mode that is literally just for Idris owners to view their glorious Chariot alone, it might be unfeasable to add it in any meaningful way to what's currently there.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Holy poo poo, I just found this distilled insanity:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khg9IzwhNJQ

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

runsamok posted:

I'll suss out some fansubs & add it to my Sonarr later tonight then.

if you happen to have crunchyroll, you can watch the sub on there

runsamok
Jan 12, 2011

Beet Wagon posted:

That guy was great. It didn't even look especially like a beet cause his stems were all short, but he was awesome.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Toops posted:

Post a loving cat pic you savage. You're not above the law.

done

Einbauschrank
Nov 5, 2009

alf_pogs posted:

i think you'll find this was all foretold by derek smart in the July Blog Scrolls

The Famous Scrolls of the Elders of Xi'An.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

DoctorStrangelove posted:

Cheer up, Diamond is Unbreakable is supposed to start today!

what the gently caress I thought it was later in april

wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

runsamok
Jan 12, 2011

Eonwe posted:

if you happen to have crunchyroll, you can watch the sub on there

I'm more of a fansubs & newsgroups sorta guy as I've been watching anime forever & am cantankerous/set in my ways, but thanks.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Holy poo poo, I'm collecting a huge amount of av material

And it's all Ryan Archer levels of stolen!

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Might need some work.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Lime Tonics posted:

Might need some work.

Maybe so but it did recognize Gillian Anderson and a second smiling person.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Dark Off posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkwIzILcoxM&t=3807s
check the guy under the around the verse logo
this is some stellar collision avoidance :allears:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkwIzILcoxM&t=3773s
Upper center, the two guys go right through each other. Great collision detection. :downsbravo:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

runsamok posted:

I'm more of a fansubs & newsgroups sorta guy as I've been watching anime forever & am cantankerous/set in my ways, but thanks.

ok np!!!!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

• Locked thread