Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

Vegas Pro watermark? You get that with the trial version, I know this cos I have it

catte edit

SomethingJones fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Apr 1, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
derek owns

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

lmfao

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

My wish is for the ELE is connected to the Sweedish Mafia. That is still the biggest :wtchris: thing to come out of these threads

....at least that's my opinion.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

sorla78 posted:

Braben (Twitter) - "The guys from @SaitekSim visited us today and brought something shiny for #EliteDangerous ... "

That surface pro has seen some poo poo, holy wear and tear.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Derek: can you buy your lawyers accounts on the SA forums so we can ask them questions directly?

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

Ponzi posted:

I'll have a guess at what I think this could be about. Bare in mind that this is entirely conjecture on my part:

Some kind of government agency or agencies have got involved, with a strong suspicion that something decidedly illegal has been happening at CIG. So a warrent has been issued compelling CIG and the other companies to hand over their accounts for forensic examination.

Somehow, Derek has got wind of this (either through a contact from within CIG, or a contact at the government agency), but he's not supposed to know, so can't say anything publicly. If he does, he'll be breaking the law (in the UK I think it's known as 'tipping-off', and is an offence).

Once concrete evidence of wrong-doing is uncovered by the agency, the poo poo will really hit the fan. CIG and it's associated companies will get closed down, and all bank accounts frozen. CIG will cease to operate as a going concern.

Possible illegal activities:
Theft of company funds. Or at least misappropriation of company funds. Spending 'development' money on fripperies such as overly-expensive coffee machines, and using company funds for personal gain for example.
Money-laundering via the black/grey market and/or melt/unmelt and gifting. Derek has mentioned a 'Swedish mafia' several times in the past. They could be behind many rabid 'sock-puppet' accounts that we see all over the internet, and also used to encourage the masses to spend pledge more.
Misrepresentation of the legal grounds on which CIG denies refunds, using scare-tactics to encourage backers to cease with the attempt to get their money back (basically saying that applying for a chargeback would be breaking the law).

Dunno if any of the above is sensible. It may be total poo poo. But hopefully we'll find out in time. Two weeks?

If it is legal action, it would be a great explanation for Ben's body language during the last stream. Some say he looked mad, some bored, etc. But I think he looked scared and uncomfortable.

ideate
Aug 20, 2002

SirPhoebos posted:

Has anyone else thought that this is a coded statement?

I think I've been following this thread for too long.

fnord

It occured to me too, considering the first letters on each line are I WAS

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

out of all the mnany things you've made, this is my favorite

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
So this is likely your final chance to take a guess on Q2 Leavers. I will buy an immersive SC related avatar to whoever can predict the most right. Minus one point for every guess you make that doesn't pan out. will wait until next Friday for all information to come in before declaring a winner.

My guesses: 1) Sean Tracey 2) Toni Z. 3) Chambers

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Mr Fronts posted:

That's the big Solar Plebian speech scene, right there.

no dicks man we need that rating to be PEGI-16 or lower.

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

Doxcat is watching you PU.

ZenMaster posted:

Pretty sure Ryan's patch art is something like this:

another one bites the dust

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

ZenMaster posted:

Ryan!!! RYAN!!! You got the cover of Jump this month!!!! Make sure you do an extra good job, ok?

SECOND FREAKING RESULT for "graffiti" in google, first page for skull graffiti. :effort:

holy. loving. moley.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

sorla78 posted:

Braben (Twitter) - "The guys from @SaitekSim visited us today and brought something shiny for #EliteDangerous ... "

I can hear the screaming from CIG LA from here.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

A Neurotic Jew posted:

My guesses: 1) Sean Tracey 2) Toni Z. 3) Chambers

My guesses: 1) cutie librarian 2) black property manager lady we haven't seen since season one 3) CIG barista

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Madcosby posted:

scam + dream

= SKEAM

whoa whoa whoa wait wait wait.

Maybe these are coded messages.

Maybe he's trying to tell us something.

Maybe he's trying to tell us that everything inside CIG is stolen, low-effort, chickenshit-bullshit that should never see the light of a monitor.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Toops posted:

whoa whoa whoa wait wait wait.

Maybe these are coded messages.

Maybe he's trying to tell us something.

Maybe he's trying to tell us that everything inside CIG is stolen, low-effort, chickenshit-bullshit that should never see the light of a monitor.

Is Ryan Archer Eightace?

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

D1E posted:

Just throwing this out there: have you considered a partnership with Doritos or Mountain Dew or Mad Katz?

You haven't really "arrived" in game development until you get your own joystick or endorsement ship skins.

I loving hate corporate america and capitalism in general. So no.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Toops posted:

i think you'll find this was all foretold by derek smart in the July Blog Scrolls

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

D1E posted:

Or a partnership with Derek Smart?

Seriously, calling it Derek Smart's Solar Plebian would trigger the cultists to no end.

This I would consider. I have a lot of respect for Derek as a business owner and master of his own fate.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Maybe the ELE is the fact that all the people leaving are the only ones who know their way around the stupid spaghetti code of SC, plus on top of all the other BS problems they have, caused them to decide to switch to UE4 but there is clearly not enough money to get remotely close to finishing the game(s).

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Just so we're clear, you loving idiots need to knock off this Ryan Archer poo poo and go create another thread for it. :v:

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

I need to get back to a Beet themed av.

I love my Parpman though. Maybe I can combine them.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Beet Wagon posted:

Just so we're clear, you loving idiots need to knock off this Ryan Archer poo poo and go create another thread for it. :v:

But if we created a thread for it, we'd be stealing from this one and.....oh I get it.

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

sorla78 posted:

Sweet christ the hits just keep. On. Coming.

Guys, ELE or not, there's no question we're in the second act, building towards the denouement.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Justin Tyme posted:

Maybe the ELE is the fact that all the people leaving are the only ones who know their way around the stupid spaghetti code of SC, plus on top of all the other BS problems they have, caused them to decide to switch to UE4 but there is clearly not enough money to get remotely close to finishing the game(s).

Why can't CIG just use Windows Media Player as their "game" engine?

Blunderstorm
Mar 1, 2016

my grandfather just posts and all i got was this lousy joke, so what
I skipped the last 10 pages. What happened with Derek's meltdown? Lol

Ponzi
Feb 21, 2016

DEPORTED FROM FLAVOR TOWN

ICSA 67 LOSER
Fun Shoe

sorla78 posted:

When I clicked on the link in the original post about this, I noticed that one of the examples Saitek gave for controls was 'Frame Shift Drive', which I did think was a bit Elite-specific. So I'm not surprised that they've been talking to Frontier.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
ELE aside, the thing that is interesting to me is the re-organisation of the forums to be more backer friendly and genuinely open/useful.

Concern threads no longer have to have a poll and won't be closed for not having one and the developers questions forum is being made active again. What gives? Why are they loosening the gag here?

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

D1E posted:

God help the mod who probates the Internet Warlord.

Whats Mr. Smart gonna do, threaten to sue Lowtax?

GabrielMobius
Mar 22, 2016

everything is fine

G0RF posted:

Driving again but I can't believe what Erin said about the Idris.

It's supposedly done-- but there is a debate internally about whether to release it to the PTU before SQ42 is released! For the sake of keeping the surprise reveal!

How much has been spent? How long have the megawhales waited? Well sorry -- you can wait longer because we want it to be a surprise to the guy who spends $60 for SQ42.

They're insane. Absolutely insane.

So here's the thought process from me. We'll give them the benefit of the doubt and assume the Idris is actually done, and can be put in the hangar/game/whatever. I think the debate is likely closer to them deciding if they can do a limited, hangar-ready sale, and if it can net them any more money. Releasing one of their bigger and more hyped ships into the wild in the Crusader map is sure to drive up sales.

A second bit of :tinfoil: is that it's possible they want to wait until they scrub the unmelt system to ensure that any new money being dumped into Idris-es is all new money.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

TTerrible posted:

ELE aside, the thing that is interesting to me is the re-organisation of the forums to be more backer friendly and genuinely open/useful.

Concern threads no longer have to have a poll and won't be closed for not having one and the developers questions forum is being made active again. What gives? Why are they loosening the gag here?

pretending people are being listened to

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Turd Burglar posted:

Derek got mad about poo poo. People got mad at Derek. Derek quit the thread but will be back in a few days because he needs us. This has happened before and will in all likelihood happen again.

runsamok
Jan 12, 2011

Beet Wagon posted:

I need to get back to a Beet themed av.

I love my Parpman though. Maybe I can combine them.

Every time beets are mentioned, this gets stuck in my head.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5AuLkMBAFZg

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

lmao

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Derek meta inverse quit the thread and reversed back a few posts later

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

TTerrible posted:

Because they know the gaming community at large sees SC as a farce and its community one of the most toxic game cults ever, and they desperately need to change public opinion so they can get new people to buy in.

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Turd Burglar posted:

He got all pissy because Ryan Archer took more of the Shitlord Spotlight than Derek could fill even if he was Benfat. And it made him MAD. So mad he threatened to probate himself from the thread.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

TTerrible posted:

Something either very bad is about to happen and they want to appear open to the press as possible, or something very bad is going to happen and they , wait I already said that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

Justin Tyme posted:

I'm convinced that E.L.E. is a completely separate event. Not necessarily unforeseen, but not among the many, many, many dysfunctions we've discussed in this thread at great length. I think this is something new, something that would have harmed the company even if they had reasonably functional code and could have actually gotten something released in a playable, if unenjoyable, state. Over the years CIG has walked into every single bullet they could have, and we are just staring at their hole-riddled body wondering how in the gently caress they're still upright. This event, if I'm reading it correctly, is the piano that fell out of the 4th story window right onto their heads. The number of bullet-holes is no longer quite so important.

• Locked thread