Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Paladinus posted:

China is the largest economy in the world, so it's obviously good for bitcoin because

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations
Bitcoin isnt as bad as people think it is but this thread is one of those hugbox threads the admins have been talking about closing down soon so v:shobon:v

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

whoflungpoop posted:

Bitcoin isnt as bad as people think it is

Yeah, it somehow manages to be worse.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

whoflungpoop posted:

Bitcoin isnt as bad as people think it is but this thread is one of those hugbox threads the admins have been talking about closing down soon so v:shobon:v

Hugs are good.

Novo
May 13, 2003

Stercorem pro cerebro habes
Soiled Meat

QuarkJets posted:

That idea being Merkle trees

what the technocats always fail to grasp is that it is a feature, not a bug, that human institutions like banks and governments are messy analog systems that rely on humans doing things like trusting each other and understanding the intent behind language

banks don't want automated distributed ledgers where transactions are irreversible, because it doesn't solve any problems they actually have

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Watch this documentary it is life changing, because it came out right before bitcoin poo poo the bed poo poo it came out after, man they are dumb.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4654844/

quote:

Bitcoin: The End Of Money As We Know It traces the history of money from the bartering societies of the ancient world to the trading floors of Wall St. The documentary exposes the practices of central banks and the dubious financial actors who brought the world to its knees in the last crisis. It highlights the Government influence on the money creation process and how it causes inflation. Moreover, this film explains how most money we use today is created out of thin air by banks when they create debt. Epic in scope, this film examines the patterns of technological innovation and questions everything you thought you knew about money. Is Bitcoin an alternative to national currencies backed by debt? Will Bitcoin and cryptocurrency spark a revolution in how we use money peer to peer? Is it a gift to criminals? Or is it the next bubble waiting to burst? If you trust in your money just as it is - this film has news for you.

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Mar 30, 2016

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

I long for the painful death of everyone involved in bitcoin.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Hellsau posted:

So wait, is Bitcoin now a commodity with a financial backing based entirely on Chinese money laundering? How are the Bitcoin shills spinning this - "invest into our funny money now and help launder money for some rich Chinese people!"
The Chinese spend money on mining then sell all those bitcoins to true believers for cheap. The value is leaving China and going into the pocket of the captains of industry.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

zedprime posted:

The Chinese spend money on mining then sell all those bitcoins to true believers for cheap. The value is leaving China and going into the pocket of the captains of industry.

Only if you believe that butts have value, which they don't. The real value is going to the Chinese coal plants that power the miners

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
whatever happened to that dude that was gonna use bitcoins to learn guitar and become a rock star also world peace and the cops were after him or something.

he still around?

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

jackyl posted:

whatever happened to that dude that was gonna use bitcoins to learn guitar and become a rock star also world peace and the cops were after him or something.

he still around?

Someone posted excerpts from my screenplay???

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

jackyl posted:

he still around?

that's dank

he lives in a storage unit now

akulanization
Dec 21, 2013

LordSaturn posted:

that's dank

that's called disruptively innovating in the living space market thank you.

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord

LethalGeek posted:

even karpeles? he's the only truly blameless one in all of bitcoin history. it's all on tibanne at this point

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

whoflungpoop posted:

yikes

Buttcoin purse
Apr 24, 2014

Guys I'll make sure the mods don't shut down the thread.

@ChangeTip @lowtxa 1 satoshi

I think that will change his mind :smuggo:

Buttcoin purse
Apr 24, 2014

@lowtxa Oh poo poo hi look I accidentally sent a tip to you instead of @lowtax, would you mind returning half of it? You may keep the other half as payment for your kindness.

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord
http://motherboard.vice.com/read/suspected-dark-web-vendor-charged-after-trying-to-trademark-his-brand-caliconnect

Bitcoin drug dealer arrested after trademarking his Silk Road username and printing up t shirts with his username on it

TheQuietWilds
Sep 8, 2009
That's not really Buttcoin related stupidity, that's TCC stupidity. Different flavor, same intensity.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

mycrimes.txt

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
im ordering some shirts with "innocent" on them now just to be safe

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

TheQuietWilds posted:

That's not really Buttcoin related stupidity, that's TCC stupidity. Different flavor, same intensity.

It's a Buttcoiner doing a stupid TCC thing

TheQuietWilds
Sep 8, 2009
I don't really count Silk Road drug dealers as butt coiners. They couldn't care less, it's just currently the least worst way for them to get money for drugs over the Internet, although from that story it looks like the Feds are now watching large butt transfers, so RIP.

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

TheQuietWilds posted:

large butt transfers

Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry

Tenzarin posted:

im ordering some shirts with "innocent" on them now just to be safe

Me too, but because I don't understand kink.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
#dontknownuffin

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

TheQuietWilds posted:

I don't really count Silk Road drug dealers as butt coiners. They couldn't care less, it's just currently the least worst way for them to get money for drugs over the Internet, although from that story it looks like the Feds are now watching large butt transfers, so RIP.

The people who just use bitcoin without caring about it are smart enough to not publish their drug dealing username on a t-shirt. That's bitcoiner-level stupidity

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

LordSaturn posted:

that's dank

lol ty for this it let me find his posts

quote:

View Profile

Dank Bank Deposits - dank's soul is claimed! - New music Nov 30th
July 13, 2012, 12:05:42 AM

Hello, everyone, my name is Dank and I'm here to prove my worthiness as an investment. I have a dream, a dream unfolding before my eyes, guiding me through life and I'm here to ask for the financial support needed to make my dream a reality.

By the end of this year, 2012, I believe I will be a highly known guitarist/musician. This time frame may seem unrealistically short, for I have only started playing electric guitar towards the end of August, but recent realizations have led me to believe this is possible. Humans have been evolving exponentially for some time now, with advances in technology and communication lessening the time needed for the same amount of change to occur. Logically, following this pattern, there will come a time when more change happens in an hour than has happened in the last millennium. Through meditation, connecting to a higher consciousness within, and communicating these ideas, I've had the epiphany that 2012 is a real event. It's not the end of the world and it's nothing to fear, the changes occurring through 2012 are completely spiritual. Humans are waking up from the illusion of our man-made society, our awareness is increasing and we are once again discovering the true spiritual nature of our universe and self. This burst of love gleaming through the world will manifest globally, this year, and with the increased self awareness and worldly consciousness (through communication/technology), it will stay among us. The truth can be found within one's self, and when the truth is found, it spreads like wildfire. More and more individuals are realizing, the only thing needed to be truly happy, is to act out of love. By the end of this year, we will reach a critical point where love is rampantly understood and sought upon, where more humans become in tune with our consciousness and leave behind their egos, along with the negativity associated with ego, such as greed, disease, war, power and fear. This power of love is what will give me the ability to effectively play guitar, from the soul, this year.

I'm no more special than anyone else, many others know these things and more learn everyday. Our ancestors knew these times would come, and you do to. Your consciousness, our consciousness, knows everything, it's up to you to tap into it and find out for yourself.

I'm calling upon individuals to help support me as I, and others, share this message of love among mankind. I would like to organize a music festival, larger than woodstock, by the end of the year, and believe it is possible, with the conscious, united effort of humanity.

I'm looking for people interested in helping with the music festival. What we're looking for:

✓ 1000 Acres land
✓ Stage equipment
✓ Audio equipment
✓ Audio technician
✓ Lighting equipment
✓ Lighting technician
✓ Contractor (build bathrooms)
✓ Electrician
✓ Lots of fireworks + pyro Smiley

Optionally, we will also set up some carnival type rides if we could get a volunteer for them.

Of course, we could have more than one of each volunteering position and anyone that just wants to volunteer to help, can.

Help be a part of history by taking the end of the year off of work and working together, as one, to form the biggest music festival ever.

Updated guitar samples will be posted periodically: http://soundcloud.com/dankm

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
A thought occurred to me. Between various police forces looking at the coins, the operators moving on to greener pastures and general bitcoin related losses like keys on dead hard drives, what % of ransonware coins actually get claimed by the creators?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Buttcoin.

Tomato Burger
Jun 18, 2007
The secret is granola.

Asehujiko posted:

A thought occurred to me. Between various police forces looking at the coins, the operators moving on to greener pastures and general bitcoin related losses like keys on dead hard drives, what % of ransonware coins actually get claimed by the creators?

What if your offline bitcoin wallet was stored on the hard drive that just got ransomwared? :ohdear:

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

I AM NOT BEING PAID TO CORRECT OTHER PEOPLE'S POSTS! DONKEY!!

Tomato Burger posted:

What if your offline bitcoin wallet was stored on the hard drive that just got ransomwared? :ohdear:

You'll just have to mine more bitcoins, then, won't you. Or buy them.

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot
Oh man I almost forgot about Dank. What a top-shelf crazy. I think he also wanted to ride a motorcycle across the ocean or some crazy crap like that.

What ultimately ended up getting him banned?

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Didn't dank have plans to turn a warehouse into an unventilated hookah bar?

Buttcoin purse
Apr 24, 2014

Tomato Burger posted:

Stop spreading FUD, clearly if that happened to your :airquote: offline :airquote: wallet it wasn't really :airquote: offline :airquote: now was it? :smuggo: Next time please epoxy your Ethernet port like the instructions tell you to and HODL your coins properly noob :smuggo:

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

jackyl posted:

lol ty for this it let me find his posts

His soundcloud is still up. :allears:

WhyteRyce posted:

Wasn't that the guy that wanted to make a movie theater and buy the rights to Tiny Toons?

Lankiveil
Feb 23, 2001

Forums Minimalist

LethalGeek posted:

Not long now!

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

wyoming posted:

His soundcloud is still up. :allears:

Wasn't that the guy that wanted to make a movie theater and buy the rights to Tiny Toons?

no that was logansryche and he wanted to buy the rights to Tale Spin.

I wanna know what happened to the bitcoin funded homeless shelter that was just basically some tents in a Florida swamp

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

WhyteRyce posted:

And also to levitate, I believe.

wyoming posted:

This is one of the extra-depressing bitcoin stories.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Dr.Smasher posted:

no that was logansryche and he wanted to buy the rights to Tale Spin.

No he didnt. He wanted Disney to give him the rights because they werent using them at the moment so hey why not?

Gutcruncher fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Apr 3, 2016

• Locked thread