Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
orphean
Apr 27, 2007

beep boop bitches
my monads are fully functional
Hey they got the coffee machine ok??? And Tier 1 level employees fly first and business class out of pocket so we have to cut costs on the peons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

moveable shape posted:

e: procedural bird gorging on simulated ripe berries. Just like this thread on CRoberts writing

bohemiah waxwings are pretty cool, every year a flock of them like a quarter mile long will just gently caress up any and all berry trees in downtown anchorage during the late winter and early spring

A large farva
Sep 5, 2006

Ramrod XTreme

Post-Entourage has not been good to Eric.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

SharkTattoos posted:

Post-Entourage has not been good to Eric.

i know right, he looks like a fat version of eric from entourage

but he's got the boyish good looks even though he's fat, and croberts looks like a gumpy toe, gotta kinda gnaw at chris

moveable shape
Oct 18, 2015

padijun posted:

bohemiah waxwings are pretty cool, every year a flock of them like a quarter mile long will just gently caress up any and all berry trees in downtown anchorage during the late winter and early spring

Now that would be fun to watch. We just get smaller groups of Cedars in my area. They have an interesting way of just streaming from point to point as a group so I can usually recognize them by that movement. Overall a pretty good bird, way fancier than all those lame Robins

Berious
Nov 13, 2005
My pointless and ill informed speculation about Derek's ELE and possible timescales:

• Banks are calling in loans that Chris foolishly ran up for some wild mocap spending splurge and no one else is extending credit. Tits up in a matter of months.
  • A whole gaggle leaver toxic dinks are running for a hills. Including everyone who knows how to hack StarEngine into something vaguely resembling functionality. Naturally it's completely undocumented and uncommented. They're hosed, but no more hosed than they've always been. They'll try to soldier on into 2017 to get Chris' gently caress you to Kevin Costner out the door. Eventually the money runs out and SQ42 is released as a series of YouTube shorts.
  • The scary federal government is taking an interest. They are mega hosed, but the wheels of justice turn exceedingly slowly. I know less about how American justice works than I do game development but I can't see them freezing assets or ordering CIG to cease trading before they've done a fine tooth investigation. We won't see a satisfying conclusion for many months to years.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j541GfcjviM&t=57s

:captainpop:

This is the main guy I watch who is still deep into the Cult to get an idea how things are going. I switched to him after suspecting Batgirl knew what was up but was just stringing people along for hits/money.

moveable shape
Oct 18, 2015

AP posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j541GfcjviM&t=57s

:captainpop:

This is the main guy I watch who is still deep into the Cult

[quote="AP" post="458142620"]

LOL

Somebody's not glad of it

e: the gently caress did I do? New post = edit?

moveable shape fucked around with this message at 09:56 on Apr 1, 2016

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

D_Smart posted:

I am on p2788.

When I get to the current last page (2798) that I am on now, for every loving Ryan Archer post that I see, I won't post for 1 day. e.g. if I see 10 posts after p2798, that's 10 days that I won't post.

And when I do come back, I will start reading from page count + number of days. Which means that every thing that came before, I will neither read, nor respond to.

So yeah, you loving idiots need to stop with this Ryan Archer poo poo and go create another thread for it.

That is all.
lol

D_Smart posted:

In fairness to others, I have to re-think my position.

So new rules. For every loving Ryan Archer post, which means 1 day of my not posting AND skipping pages, I want to see at least 4 non-RA posts. So that's a good ratio and it means that I won't miss that many pages.

But seriously, unlike my reading every page religiously, if this RA bullshit continues, even with the above ratio, it just means a lot of skipped pages containing stuff directed at me; and which will never get replies.

ps. E.L.E. in-bound
lmao

and then you go and post like this

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

LOL

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Disco looks kinda different in this last averse to verse. When he leaves he might lose some weight, change his eyeliner, shave the beard and be completely unrecognisable in the street.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I'm glad of it.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

IronicDongz posted:

lol
lmao

Don't be mean to Derek he's a thread treasure

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

Berious posted:

Don't be mean to Derek he's a thread treasure

A 'touch nothing but the lamp' kinda treasure

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

SelenicMartian posted:

Disco looks kinda different in this last averse to verse. When he leaves he might lose some weight, change his eyeliner, shave the beard and be completely unrecognisable in the street.

Disco Lando interviewed BoredGamer recently. Assuming they chatted a bit before or after he might know about the depression, it must be obvious to CIG by now that the whales/streamers are much more likely to have issues than a random gamer. Not sure I could handle working at CIG in a community facing role knowing that.

moveable shape
Oct 18, 2015

IronicDongz posted:

lol
lmao

Derek has explained that he's an autistic dog with a bone. He can get upset when there are other bones put in between him and his pathological need to eradicate HIS bone. Makes perfect sense to me

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
watch it

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

I've got a gif. Somebody replace Ben's face with Derek or :yarg:

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
anyone else really hurt that derek apparently doesn't like recipes?

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
[Han Solo]: "Great job kid, now get back to the fight."

[Steve Colton]: "Great, kid! Don't get cocky."

:iiaca:

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Supreme Commander Derek Smart's Universal Combat: The Lyrius Conflict is a good game, and a far better game than what Star Citizen will ever be.

Once we reach page 3000 I'm unloading the gifs.

BrutalistMcDonalds fucked around with this message at 10:15 on Apr 1, 2016

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

I dunno, it all looks like some evil Ryan Archer cat recipe plot to me.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
[Han Solo]: "That should mess with their plans a bit. Good shooting kid!"

[Steve Colton]: "Great shot, kid, that was one in a million!"

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

So, I modeled the Stimpire Scout last night. Big warning, it's subdivided right now for looks and I'm going to add an edge to the fuselage to make it look a bit less sharp and have a distinct edge, but it has the crenelated "stealth" shape to it's hydrogen-scoop intake and it's vector thrust nozzles. However, the dart/spearhead look is the point :D

Since there was a discussion it didn't have enough studs, I changed the maneuver thruster globe to have it's thrusters look like studs.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
I'm glad that Derek kept talking about how around 11 of the higher-ups at CIG would quit in 3 days, and 3 days later he was full of hot air as per usual. This thread is combination Star Citizen+Derek Smart schadenfreude. I'm glad of it™.

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

Seraph cameo...

quote:

[E1C06S03]

[Janitor]: "Best part of everyone at battle stations? Let's me really clean without people getting in the way."

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

"Pa-parp"

Here's greenscreened Jared for inserting into things

iron buns
Jan 12, 2016

Matlock Birthmark posted:

What? Reset the whole substrate? What?

Wikipedia posted:

Substrate (marine biology), the earthy material that exists in the bottom of a marine habitat, like dirt, rocks, sand, or gravel

Sounds like a good use for those grabby hands.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

CROWS EVERYWHERE posted:

[Eugene Morrow]: "Still flatline. The new converters aren't syncing yet."
[Eugene Morrow]: "The prophase seems to be off a step."
[Connie Hayes]: "The h-vent is about wide as it can go. If the prophase is off, I'm not seeing a reason down here."

[Eugene Morrow]: "Okay, I reset the whole substrate. Give it another try."
[Connie Hayes]: "It's connecting now, but nothing's getting through. I'm goiung to pull it out and retransfix the binding."

more Plebe error/repair messages

jfc this is some bollocks. It's like Star Trek written by someone having a stroke.

iron buns posted:

Wikipedia posted posted:

Substrate (marine biology), the earthy material that exists in the bottom of a marine habitat, like dirt, rocks, sand, or gravel

Sandi's degree finally pays off.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Reddit deletes surveillance 'warrant canary' in transparency report

:tinfoil::tinfoil::tinfoil:Baader-Meinhof Phenomenon:tinfoil::tinfoil::tinfoil:

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

SneakyFrog posted:

bet it was the dangan rompa lp

Well, it sold at least one avatar I am sure off. <looks to the left>

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Everything is fine! Look how fine everything is!

moveable shape
Oct 18, 2015

alphabettitouretti posted:

jfc this is some bollocks. It's like Star Trek written by someone having a stroke.

'Sub-moronic' describes this dialogue nicely

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

Nation posted:

anyone else really hurt that derek apparently doesn't like recipes?

Now that you mention it, I'm

I'm offended even!!!

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)

Mr.Tophat posted:

Now that you mention it, I'm

I'm offended even!!!

i can take the rest of it as stress of having all these psychotic people on his case 24/7 (less about the thread tho) but the recipes were important

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

:sigh: Some day I will make it in one of the group photos... Some day... :sigh:

iron buns
Jan 12, 2016

Samizdata posted:

:sigh: Some day I will make it in one of the group photos... Some day... :sigh:
Look closer, right under :pgabz:

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Toops posted:

Goonrathi: Think millenium falcon in terms of weathered, stitched together but reliable/performant/functional ships.

Sperg: Ultra slick, super-luxury ships obsessed with outward appearance, superfluous flashy crap, with no consideration about how they'll fly or perform.

Stimpire: Menacing, sleek, alien, dark, bent on destruction, etc.

Lots of spikes on those Stimpire ships (if there aren't. Not seeing the last image...)

TacticalNecromancy
May 25, 2015

I took a random bit of the script and started talking, but I was interrupted by a better game halfway through. Oh well.

Captain Noah White is also boring.mp3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

moveable shape posted:

Derek has explained that he's an autistic dog with a bone. He can get upset when there are other bones put in between him and his pathological need to eradicate HIS bone. Makes perfect sense to me

I was explaining the saga of Star Shitizen to my brother (it persuaded him to pay for and play Elite Dangerous) and he said that Derek sounds like a bit of a dickhead. "Yes!" I said. "But he is our dickhead!"

• Locked thread