Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

PS4K probably doesn't exist and if it does at most it'll be a slim-style revision with an extra chip so it can play 4K blurays easier and won't effect games at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Josh Lyman posted:

Should I get a PS4 or wait for the PS4K or just keep playing PC games thanks I'll hang up and listen.

wait till e3

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I hope in lieu of an assassin's creed game, ubisoft's e3 show instead tries to hype everybody up for the assassin's creed movie

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

FirstAidKite posted:

I hope in lieu of an assassin's creed game, ubisoft's e3 show instead tries to hype everybody up for the assassin's creed movie
I'd be surprised if there wasn't some stuff about the AC movie there, but Watch Dogs 2 is tagging in for Ubisoft's Big Open-World Game this year so ready your iconic caps!

EDIT BECAUSE DOUBLEPOSTING BITES:

Instant Sunrise posted:

windows 10 only for some reason.
Reason is that it's a UNIVERSAL WINDOWS PLATFORM app instead of an old-fashioned Win32 program. UWP's currently missing a bunch of poo poo PC gamers are used to, like "proper, non-borderless fullscreen", "the ability to turn vsync off", "support for overlays" and "moddability of any kind".

They're promising to fix a bunch of this in the big Win10 update in May, but it still won't be as flexible and open as the Old Ways, so eghh.

The Kins fucked around with this message at 07:39 on Apr 1, 2016

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

axeblaze posted:

If I recall correctly, while the did okay in he west, the Prime games didn't do well in Japan because of their aversion to FPSs so who know what Nintendo thinks they can do with the franchise these days. Like you'd think they'd do what they've been tending to do these days and just go back to the original formula but I think Metroid doesn't scan as particularly family friendly or like something they can easily make multiplayer unlike most of their main franchises so they're probably reluctant to put a ton of resources into it. Them thinking a single player dark scifi thing doesn't have wide enough appeal also explains the current direction they're taking it.

For what it's worth, it's not like Nintendo didn't notice the incredibly poor reception of Other M, and there are multiple sources that confirm that Sakamoto is no longer in charge of the franchise and is in the same shithole they put Gunpei Yokoi in after the Virtual Boy was a complete flop. Team Ninja screaming from the rooftops that the shittiness wasn't their fault probably didn't help his case.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
they're making a second watch_dogs?

why?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Maybe this one will have all the features they promised the first one would have.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
even outside of the missing features did watch_dogs actually have anything else in it that people liked??

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I don't think they've announced anything yet but I guess they need something to fill in the 'no rear end Creed this year' gap.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I guess people liked how the PC version had a hidden switch that made the game more stable and look and run better in every way that was used for E3 demos because the Xbone couldn't actually run that.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSZ4tSoumNk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdQq_LK7kYc

Assepoester fucked around with this message at 09:01 on Apr 1, 2016

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Lurdiak posted:

I guess people liked how the PC version had a hidden switch that made the game more stable and look and run better in every way that was used for E3 demos because the Xbone couldn't actually run that.

It is amusing that Ubisoft took a weird poo poo on PC watch dogs to keep from embarrassing Microsoft, but on the other hand that game turned out mediocre as all hell no matter how good you could make it look.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
Rip March thread, taken before your time.

Meowbot
Oct 12, 2005

I havent had a plrecription for my eyes in years so the other day I went and got a new one and it hasnt changed. The doctor was like why havent you seen us in 4 years? I told them im scared of op tomietris when the air shoots into your eyes and dilation. They told me my eyes cold get worse....

Monkey Fracas posted:

I'm not too interested in Quantum Break but I feel like I'll be forced to update to Win10 from Win7 sometime for something

ehhhhhhhh windooowwwsssss

I saw your post and just wanted to tell you that I was really worried about this myself but I've been on windows 10 since december and have had no issues. I actually recommend it and I tried going back to windows 7 because i was "bored" and it was stupid and I went back to windows 10.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

I'm kinda almost excited for Watch_Dogs_2 because AssCreed 1 wasn't good but then Ubisoft learnt a few of the lessons they should have and made AssCreed 2 and I'm kinda hoping that history repeats itself.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

(still gonna give it a year before I decide on buying it or not)

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
Only problem with W10 is Cortana hearing Russian and Googling random poo poo during Dota 2. She's obviously trying to get me to quit so it's not that big a deal.

Meowbot
Oct 12, 2005

I havent had a plrecription for my eyes in years so the other day I went and got a new one and it hasnt changed. The doctor was like why havent you seen us in 4 years? I told them im scared of op tomietris when the air shoots into your eyes and dilation. They told me my eyes cold get worse....

Nasgate posted:

Only problem with W10 is Cortana hearing Russian and Googling random poo poo during Dota 2. She's obviously trying to get me to quit so it's not that big a deal.

right click taskbar, cortana -> hide

you can pretty much turn off all the annoying stuff in windows 10 and all the privacy stuff during installation. Funny if that actually happened though!

Great Joe posted:

I'm kinda almost excited for Watch_Dogs_2 because AssCreed 1 wasn't good but then Ubisoft learnt a few of the lessons they should have and made AssCreed 2 and I'm kinda hoping that history repeats itself.

Assassin's creed syndicate was absolutely breathtaking and really fun im not sure if you've tried it but if you haven't and like the series it is the best one besides black flag imho. It is probably the best "beat up people viciously" simulator and I ignore all the lore/story stuff but the combat is great.

I think its funny less than 24 hours abgor microsoft was saying quantum break could be a MEGA HIT then it comes out to subpar reviews, and welp

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Good morning April games thread.

I watched the latest Feminist Frequency video and it was pretty good.

Do we have any April Fools pieces from game companies yet?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Golden Goat posted:

I watched the latest Feminist Frequency video and it was pretty good.
If a single person responds to or discusses this I will be disappointed in all of you.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Stand by me April games thread

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

oddium posted:

i will be back in april if stux doesn't make a better thread

rip in peace

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Games aren't good.

They're great.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Meowbot posted:

Assassin's creed syndicate was absolutely breathtaking and really fun im not sure if you've tried it but if you haven't and like the series it is the best one besides black flag imho. It is probably the best "beat up people viciously" simulator and I ignore all the lore/story stuff but the combat is great.

I think its funny less than 24 hours abgor microsoft was saying quantum break could be a MEGA HIT then it comes out to subpar reviews, and welp
I was pretty disappointed in AssBro and never looked at another game in that series again. Also I think you're weird.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Golden Goat posted:

Watchdogs 2

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Golden Goat posted:

The auto-embedding stuff is probably going to destroy this list, but...

Taito announces a Darius amusement park
Razer announces an innovative new peripheral
War Thunder debuts sailing ships
Wargaming Japan wants to run a train on you
Another episode of Bravely Default
Heroes of the Swarm Korea gets robots
World of Warships takes it to the tub
MSI reveals their modular mobos
Minecraft gets trendier
Shadowloo and the Mishima Zaibatsu team up to revolutionize online commerce
Path of Exile goes a little OTT with their new trade system
Spike Chunsoft's 999 series gets bear-y weird
Arc System Works revealed a... marriage fighting game?
Splatoon getting mobile four-player battle booths for public places
Humble Indie Font Bundle
SNK announces King of the Monsters: The Movie
Blizzard announce Hearthstone: The MMO
nVidia enters the energy drink market

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Ciaphas posted:

april fools day is a tiresome and annoying loving tradition

I enjoy Type-Moon's April fools shenanigans

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Josh Lyman posted:

Should I get a PS4 or wait for the PS4K or just keep playing PC games thanks I'll hang up and listen.
wait for the 4k then get someone else's regular that they sold to gamestop for a buck

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015
man gamestop wouldn't sell you the gum off the bottom of they shoe for a drat buck

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
hello games chat what are the best anime games?

obviously recettear is #1 what are the others

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015
banjo kazooie

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Ahundredbux posted:

Any of the PS3/Vita Atelier games

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Ahundredbux posted:

Guilty Gear

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure All Star Battle

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
You're not getting a rise out of me, buster

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Dang

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Phoenix Wright

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Ahundredbux posted:

Undertale and Chrono Trigger.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

The Kins posted:

The auto-embedding stuff is probably going to destroy this list, but...

*List-o-fools*

I like the ones that actually have stuff put into game at least.

Darius amusement park - Eh
Razer - Bleh
War Thunder - I would actually play that.
Wargaming Japan - Also would play
Another episode of Bravely Default - Cute art
Heroes of the Swarm Korea gets robots - Don't get it
World of Warships takes it to the tub - Would play
MSI reveals their modular mobos - Bleh
Minecraft gets trendier - Low hanging fruit
Shadowloo and the Mishima Zaibatsu - I feel this is Capcom making fun of themselves sorta?
Path of Exile - Standard E.V.E looking interface
Spike Chunsoft's - Cute
Arc System Works - Also cute
Splatoon - Also would totally play at those. Those stands are great.
Humble Bundle - Meh
King of the Monsters: The Movie - That's clever
Blizzard announce Hearthstone: The MMO - I thought Blizz were normally good at April fools.
nVidia - eh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Ahundredbux posted:

Fire Emblem.

• Locked thread