Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What's the image in the second post?
A man's face
Butterfly
A koi
A dog
A small boat floating in a lake
Funyarinpa
View Results

• Locked thread
Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

And this too maybe under a fan art header?

Thank you kindly. :tipshat:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
https://twitter.com/SpikeChunsoft_e/status/715745543956267012

:v:

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

That's almost as good as the fake Deadly Premonition MMO.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

I knew it.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

I played the two Danganronpa games and I can't believe that crap was more popular than Zero Escape.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

At least ZE's bodacious tits are on adults.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

the truth posted:

I played the two Danganronpa games and I can't believe that crap was more popular than Zero Escape.

Weird, good games are... popular????? And other good games are... not popular?????????????

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

In what morphogenic field is Danganronpa 2 a good game?

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

the truth posted:

The world where I enjoyed it up until the ending.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Zero Escape is popular and beloved

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

the truth posted:

the Nagito world

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Regy Rusty posted:

Zero Escape is popular and beloved

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Junpei Hyde posted:

The world where I enjoyed it up until the ending.

We all like bad games sometimes.

My favorite part about the ending to Danganronpa 2 was realizing that I was correct in thinking that every character was an insufferable piece of poo poo. The writing was just awful, and virtually every female character existed just to be dumb or submissive to the guys, show off cartoon tits, or fall in provocative positions. It was like a fanfic written by someone that didn't understand what made the first game interesting and thought the writer and fat anime guy were the only good characters.

Hip-Hoptimus Rhyme
Mar 19, 2009

Gods don't make mistakes
Dangit Grandpa

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

the truth posted:

My favorite part about the ending to Danganronpa 2 was realizing that I was correct in thinking that every character was an insufferable piece of poo poo. The writing was just awful, and virtually every female character existed just to be dumb or submissive to the guys, show off cartoon tits, or fall in provocative positions. It was like a fanfic written by someone that didn't understand what made the first game interesting and thought the writer and fat anime guy were the only good characters.

Sonia, Koizumi & Ibuki were cool and not those things, IMO. It would be nice if the fanservice mandate for VNs could be lifted at some point though, I agree.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

the truth posted:

I agree and so much more.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Nagito is the best, though.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

https://twitter.com/aksysgames/status/715933780452720640

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
Would totally be down for a Sifl and Olly style visual novel.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

the truth posted:

Ibuki was the best character. :colbert:

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

the truth posted:

It still had really cool mystery cases, its not like it's just constantly throwing pantyshots at you. Like if you don't like the fanservice stuff, that's w/e, but the case-by-case stuff is generally all okay even if the ending is dumb.

At least, that's why I hope people like the DR series. I try to avoid what the general fans like, and if they eat up the fanservice, then welp.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

If you go into the DR series expecting something serious and tense like Zero Escape you're going to be super disappointed. DR is for fun, silly, absurdity with a splash of some dark violence thrown in.

DR1 was stronger in overarching story while DR2 was stronger in a diverse and fun cast of characters. I'm still looking forward to DR3 for more stupid fun with an evil talking bear and horrible ultra violence. :black101:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I don't own a Vita, so I only got to enjoy the first DR game in LP form, but it was a fun ride :v: So was all the internet drama it caused

Chihiro was a tough favourite character to have :smith:

Danaru fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Apr 1, 2016

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Being dumb

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Ventana posted:

It still had really cool mystery cases

You mean the part where the second case gave you information that makes no sense or the part where the third case has no actual motivation.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Ventana posted:

It still had really cool mystery cases, its not like it's just constantly throwing pantyshots at you. Like if you don't like the fanservice stuff, that's w/e, but the case-by-case stuff is generally all okay even if the ending is dumb.

At least, that's why I hope people like the DR series. I try to avoid what the general fans like, and if they eat up the fanservice, then welp.

YOu don't go into Danganronpa expecting a good overarching plot.

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

Ometeotl posted:

You mean the part where the second case gave you information that makes no sense or the part where the third case has no actual motivation.

I don't like the 3rd case at all actually, it's every other case that I think is good. And no case in any Game/VN mystery thing is ever perfect, usually having some dumb jump in logic at points, so the second case felt perfectly normal for what the game is. Nothing really stood out as being especially bad, aside from case 3's blatant bad (or, at least, disappointing, motivation).

Junpei Hyde posted:

YOu don't go into Danganronpa expecting a good overarching plot.

Did you think I meant to say the overarching plot was good? Cause its not what I meant to say there. I guess I should clarify, by case-by-case l meant "each case to the actual next case" aka just the cases.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Ventana posted:

I don't like the 3rd case at all actually, it's every other case that I think is good. And no case in any Game/VN mystery thing is ever perfect, usually having some dumb jump in logic at points, so the second case felt perfectly normal for what the game is. Nothing really stood out as being especially bad, aside from case 3's blatant bad (or, at least, disappointing, motivation).

Did you think I meant to say the overarching plot was good? Cause its not what I meant to say there. I guess I should clarify, by case-by-case l meant "each case to the actual next case" aka just the cases.

No, I was agreeing with you.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Ventana posted:

In case 2 Peko gives you information used as a clue that the island is weird and not all it seems but she actually lied about what she was doing at the time for her alibi so that means that she lied in a bizarre way that just so happened to be true. It makes absolutely no sense.

HelloWinter
May 27, 2012

"Hey, Nagito, what'cha
thinkin' about?"

"Oh, y'know. Murder stuff."
Guys, this is the ZE thread, not the Dangan Ronpa thread...

IceBorg
Oct 23, 2012

I KINDA DOUBT THAT!

Ometeotl posted:

In case 2 Peko gives you information used as a clue that the island is weird and not all it seems but she actually lied about what she was doing at the time for her alibi so that means that she lied in a bizarre way that just so happened to be true. It makes absolutely no sense.

Last thing in this subject because I see this being said alot but this was just a small confusion because of the way the translation told us that information, but when Peko says about not being able to find other islands she is talking about islands outside of Jabberwock Island not the other small islands in Jabberwock

EDIT: But to keeps us on a ZE topic: I have seen people saying that each team will be in a diferent timeline but I have the crazier theory that each time the playable character loses their memories they are in diferent point in time with actors playing the other people because cat in a box bla bla bla

IceBorg fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Apr 2, 2016

Wyvernil
Mar 10, 2007

Meddle not in the affairs of dragons... for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

IceBorg posted:

EDIT: But to keeps us on a ZE topic: I have seen people saying that each team will be in a diferent timeline but I have the crazier theory that each time the playable character loses their memories they are in diferent point in time with actors playing the other people because cat in a box bla bla bla

On the note of multiple timelines, I find myself wondering why Sigma needed to make a clone of himself(Kyle). It seemed like it was just in case Sigma bought it before the AB Project was ready, but there could be another reason as well, which would also explain why Luna was around.

Maybe one of the duplicate test missions will be closer to the time of VLR, with Kyle and Luna taking on the roles of Sigma and Diana (since Sigma would be too old to pass as his younger self). It's possible that the other participants could be GAULEMs or clones in this timeline as well. It would explain how Kyle could jump back to the test site even though he didn't exist at that time; he's actually jumping back to the duplicate test site taking place when he's around.

It would be a massive shock if people die and we find out their blood is white instead of red (because they're actually GAULEMs).

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

I agree that he probably made the clone as an insurance policy in case he died it had an accident so his consciousness could jump to a point after ZTD, then he could eventually go back to ZTD when he was ready.

Or I could be totally wrong - it has been years since I played these games.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

He made the clone because the Sigma before him made a clone

psychoJ
Feb 24, 2011

Smart and cool, handsome, wealthy and so sexy
You know it's pretty sweet that i could see just about any of these insane theories being actual major plot-points in the final game

Extreme0
Feb 28, 2013

I dance to the sweet tune of your failure so I'm never gonna stop fucking with you.

Continue to get confused and frustrated with me as I dance to your anger.

As I expect nothing more from ya you stupid runt!

Terper posted:

That's because Sigma-X before Sigma made a clone.

But then Sigma-Z made a clone because Sigma-X made a clone

So Sigma-T made a clone because Sigma-Z made a clone.

Then...

Wyvernil posted:

It would be a massive shock if people die and we find out their blood is white instead of red (because they're actually GAULEMs).

"Why is this semen everywhere?"

"Why are all the bodies covered in it."

"Why am I semen?"

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Terper posted:

Interesting side note: could the morphogenetic field be theoretically used to achieve immortality? Just keep jumping consciousness into clones and keep a persistent consciousness in fresh bodies.

Also, re: GAULEMs: I think that's unlikely in ZTE. It's too early in the past for the technology to exist and the blood is clearly red in the trailer.

Wyvernil
Mar 10, 2007

Meddle not in the affairs of dragons... for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

Also, re: GAULEMs: I think that's unlikely in ZTE. It's too early in the past for the technology to exist and the blood is clearly red in the trailer.

You're assuming that everything's happening in 2028.

Seeing as the previous games had the "ship" turn out to be in the desert, and the "underground bunker" on the moon, who knows where the DCom test site actually is?

Or when.

For all we know, with how little contact the groups are said to have, the three groups could be in entirely different places (in space and time). Who's to say that one of the groups isn't in a place in the timeline where GAULEMs exist?

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Wyvernil posted:

You're assuming that everything's happening in 2028.

Seeing as the previous games had the "ship" turn out to be in the desert, and the "underground bunker" on the moon, who knows where the DCom test site actually is?

Or when.

For all we know, with how little contact the groups are said to have, the three groups could be in entirely different places (in space and time). Who's to say that one of the groups isn't in a place in the timeline where GAULEMs exist?

Hm... What if part of the reason the participants are constantly drugged into amnesia is to make it difficult to jump accurately in time? For example, Sigma intends to jump back a few hours but ends up jumping a few thousand years into the past by accident since he can't ace the landing in the morphogenetic field.

The whole game seems to be rigged against jumpers specifically, so I wouldn't be surprised if said antagonist knew how to outplay the Crash Keys at their own game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Keep in mind that Zero has never actually been a real antagonist in any of these games. Both times it was Akane just trying to save herself and/or the world from one of the "victims" of the Nonary game (Ace/Dio). I have no reason to suspect that this isn't just another one of those schemes. Create weird conditions to push psychic powers to their limit.

• Locked thread