Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

"Were fine.. Just keep thrusters at max. Dont stop, we can make it."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Eonwe posted:

this has been a really good week IMO

Here's hoping another weekend fiasco.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

peter gabriel posted:

Why would anyone buy a keyboard with RSI written on it?

Autism

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Chalks posted:

My keyboard has those letters and more.

I have been owned here

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

FrankieGoes posted:

With regard to the people being incredulous about them still pulling in 50k a day right now, I think it's probably accurate. Some things to consider:

Even if they only have 500,000 actual backers, and even if fully half of those backers are now in "I'll wait and see and not spend a dime more" mode (it probably isn't that many yet), that's still 250,000 people willing to spend more money on SC. If even 0.05% of that 250k decide that today is the day to buy (on average) a 200 dollar ship, that's $25,000 and they're already halfway there. Add in the fact that many of these people are constantly proselytizing and occasionally they'll have some success and some complete newbie will buy a $50+ package, and add in the turbowhales, some of whom may be spending 200 bucks daily, or at least weekly, and 50k doesn't seem that surprising. Plus they still have some kinda sale going on right, plus mousepads and other garbage merch, etc.

But what is someone spending 200 bucks a day on? They eventually run out of things to buy.

Like, Elite has sold 1.4m copies, and it's actually a released game you can play. If they have 1m "backers" as they claim, they have mostly saturated the space sim pre-order market.

A 5K super whale ran out of stuff to buy 2 years ago at 200 bucks a day.

A 25K Mega whale same.

100K a day for a game that doesn't yet exist does not make sense.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
Unmelt tokens went in for this quarter, so if someone unmelts something there's a fair chance they'll have to add a bit extra over their RSI credit total. Should boost daily figures for a little while. Wonder what the lows will be week after next. They'll have to do an LTI concept sale towards the end of this month I think.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

peter gabriel posted:

To remind themselves what kind of injuries may ensue from sitting too long at a poorly designed keyboard.

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

The Pi dude posted:

"Has anyone seen Ryan? He left without a trace."

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

The Pi dude posted:

"Has anyone seen Ryan? He left without a trace."

He left lots of traces :colbert:

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

peter gabriel posted:

Patch notes:

Fixed bugwhere space bar would notoperateall the time

Please note:

Sometimes pressing the A key will stick
Typing too faaaaast may cause words clipping off of page

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
Not much media coverage of the Starfarer, maybe the larger gaming press is holding off some.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

peter gabriel posted:

I have been owned here

I'm actually planning on buying an RSI keyboard, it'll fit in well next to my tinnitus headphones and eyestrain monitor.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Chalks posted:

I'm actually planning on buying an RSI keyboard to put next to my tinnitus headphones and eyestrain monitor.

are 4k monitors that bad?

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

Is this line of defense?

Serious question I don't know what it is.

Ponzi
Feb 21, 2016

DEPORTED FROM FLAVOR TOWN

ICSA 67 LOSER
Fun Shoe

Chalks posted:

I'm actually planning on buying an RSI keyboard, it'll fit in well next to my tinnitus headphones and eyestrain monitor.

Get a squeaky mouse too.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

AP posted:

Unmelt tokens went in for this quarter, so if someone unmelts something there's a fair chance they'll have to add a bit extra over their RSI credit total. Should boost daily figures for a little while. Wonder what the lows will be week after next. They'll have to do an LTI concept sale towards the end of this month I think.

Corvette and small miner?

I'm stoked for the sales figures for the big'un

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy
Relevant clip, send MASK to deal with Ryan "Tracer" Archer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMNgKuoYBe0&t=363s

We totes hosed up being a proper April 1 SA SC thread but it's been a great week nonetheless

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

peter gabriel posted:

same reason they think spending thousands of dollars on jpegs is an invenstment

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

"I've Been Duped" is starting on Boers and Bernstein.

Please goons, call the station and let the world-or at least dumb Chicago sports fans-know the Sickening and Heartbreaking Truths of the 4th Parpire. The number is (312) 644-6767

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

hanales posted:

Is this line of defense?

It's Kerbal Space Program

http://store.steampowered.com/app/220200/

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Corvette and small miner?

I'd be surprised if they did two, they hold sales too close together and they don't get as much as they would. Small miner is next I think, but not watched much of their bollocks recently so don't know anything about when the corvette will be. With sales so poor, they need at least one a month, otherwise they risk falling below 1 million.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

hanales posted:

But what is someone spending 200 bucks a day on? They eventually run out of things to buy.

Like, Elite has sold 1.4m copies, and it's actually a released game you can play. If they have 1m "backers" as they claim, they have mostly saturated the space sim pre-order market.

A 25K Mega whale same.

There's definitely a lot of OCD behavior going on. The miku guy basically owns every possible ship twice.

I should have posted a screenshot a guy did. He had 18! or so Avengers in his hanger.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

http://www.astrodesign.co.jp/english/product/dm-3409-a
Simply can't beat that DPI

Adventure Pigeon
Nov 8, 2005

I am a master storyteller.

hanales posted:

A 25K Mega whale same.

They buy multiple copies of the same thing and rationalize it by saying "It's for my future underlings/clanmates/child/spouse/family member/friend or they'll just have an NPC fly it in their fleet, because anything you want to believe is true.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

hanales posted:

Is this line of defense?

If you like space games you should give it a go, it's really fun. Build your own space ships and blast crazy little green dudes into space on them.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

hanales posted:

Is this line of defense?

Kerbal Space Program, you fun-hating philistine. :colbert:

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
Why the gently caress don't any tablets come with an hdmi in port? Would be great to have a small thingy as second monitor/touch display

Sperglord
Feb 6, 2016

AP posted:

Not much media coverage of the Starfarer, maybe the larger gaming press is holding off some.

I think that the gaming press will step away from Star Citizen, too afraid to call the game a disaster, but not willing to support the game either.

Derek, any news on the E.L.E.? I can't imagine you taking the mockery from CIG very well.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

SirPhoebos posted:

"I've Been Duped" is starting on Boers and Bernstein.

Please goons, call the station and let the world-or at least dumb Chicago sports fans-know the Sickening and Heartbreaking Truths of the 4th Parpire. The number is (312) 644-6767

It appears they are playing something called "Who ya crappin'" at the moment. Tried to listen online to get a feel before I called. You sure it's these guys?

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

AP posted:

I'd be surprised if they did two, they hold sales too close together and they don't get as much as they would. Small miner is next I think, but not watched much of their bollocks recently so don't know anything about when the corvette will be. With sales so poor, they need at least one a month, otherwise they risk falling below 1 million.

Small miner is next. The Corvette if that bombs would signify once and for all it is toast in regards to funding. But I think it will sell well since there are quite a few clamoring for an Idris and this is the next best thing.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
Also why doesn't Nintendo sell a wifi dongle to use the Wii U gamepad as a PC gamepad/touch screen display

Technology that doesn't interact well enrages me

HexDog
Feb 4, 2009

Did you see Regis this morning?

Also why doesn't Nintendo sell a wifi dongle to use the Wii U gamepad as a PC gamepad/touch screen display

These questions are why Chris Roberts came back, he's going to save us all.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

hanales posted:

A 25K Mega whale same.

There are still newbs buying in, and have been the entire time. Every day I run across someone on some forum or in some chat saying "I haven't backed yet, which ship should I get?" Yes, there's undoubtedly less true newbies now than in the past, but that's why we're at 50k a day (only 1.5m a month, far below their burn rate), instead of 100k or 150k per day like it has been in the past. And even 50k still isn't their baseline, it's being pumped up by sales and other poo poo. I know I've seen multiple 19k days, so it can and will definitely go (back) lower.

At the 0.05% rate that gets them 25k per day, after one full year of that kind of purchasing, it still means only 18% of the "believers" have bought a (average) 200 dollar ship in the last year. That doesn't seem unreasonable to me. I mean, it does, but not given what we know about shitizens. And those numbers are assuming that fully half of the backers have woken up. I'd guess it's much less than that.

Of course it doesn't make sense. None of it makes sense. Someone spending 70k+ to play a video game that doesn't exist doesn't make sense, but it happened.

runsamok
Jan 12, 2011

http://wiiubrew.org/wiki/UsendMii

(It's not the greatest solution, but it does work)

Pururun
Apr 25, 2010

Samizdata posted:

Give you one guess on one of them, and it ISN'T Derek.

What did CIG do to Alyssa anyways?

https://twitter.com/miss_malyssious/status/702734091137855488

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Tippis posted:

Kerbal Space Program, you fun-hating philistine. :colbert:

I responded to a post made by someone that doesn't know what KSP is. I feel soiled.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

D_Smart posted:

confirmed

// posting from the past

The secret is on the fourth wall.

That is all.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

STAR CITIZEN REVIVES REVIVAL, ADDS SPACE SEX

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

Sperglord posted:

I think that the gaming press will step away from Star Citizen, too afraid to call the game a disaster, but not willing to support the game either.

Derek, any news on the E.L.E.? I can't imagine you taking the mockery from CIG very well.
he can't post because we keep mentioning ryan archer

ryan archer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

D_Smart posted:

The secret is on the fourth wall.

That is all.
oh shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

• Locked thread