Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Endie posted:

If posting about what is happening in a fleet I'm in and saying "both sides got stuff and we made a mistake" I am "smug posting" to you then your tolerance levels may be slightly out of whack.

Bat Country more like Butt Country.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bacontotem
May 27, 2010

silentsnack posted:

Why is anyone posting anything? It's like a combined cocaine/bukkake party where nobody can even tell what they're snorting off of whom anymore.

Eve poo poo posting in a nutshell.

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

Ice Fist posted:

There's a question inside my question. I haven't been plugged into politics/goons/whatever in this game for years. I'm sitting here eating popcorn on the sidelines (lol never logging in again) and a guy who wrote some fun updates and made some funny videos I thought had burnt out and retired from Eve is now posting about shooting goons.

My question is: what happened there?

bat country joined pl

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Hubbl3 posted:

Don't believe it, it's all made up by Sion.

He isn't that creative. He's more a facts on the ground/as they stand type. Also frankly he deserves to be believed even if he faked it because typing like gigx would give me finger cancer.

EDIT: And siets I never unsubbed. I just went inactive after the last war wrapped up.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

bonewitch posted:

bat country joined pl

Ice Fist posted:

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ice Fist posted:

There's a question inside my question. I haven't been plugged into politics/goons/whatever in this game for years. I'm sitting here eating popcorn on the sidelines (lol never logging in again) and a guy who wrote some fun updates and made some funny videos I thought had burnt out and retired from Eve is now posting about shooting goons.

Endie & Bat decided to leave GSF a few months back and ended up joining PL. That's the gist of it.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
endie was not enjoying life in goonfleetswarm and neither were people in bat and so they left amicably and joined pl nbd

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
Endie doesn't agree with the current direction of goonswarm and goonswarms leadership. There isn't a whole lot of drama to type up on it to be honest.

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

xxEightxx posted:

500 posts is there a tldr?

goons are losing a war. that's the tl;dr for the last 500 posts and the next like 2500

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

That's about all there is to it. Bat Country decided it wanted to be in PL. Goonswarm said "k, have fun."

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

That all seems pretty reasonable.

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

Is EFT the fitting tool of choice still? I need to actually figure out what I'm going to use for my solo space wand adventures.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
How does PL support itself? Are all of their members independently wealthy?

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead

ranbo das posted:

Is EFT the fitting tool of choice still? I need to actually figure out what I'm going to use for my solo space wand adventures.
Yes. There are people who prefer pyfa, but they are wrong and bad.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

darth cookie posted:

Luck? :shrug:

I dunno I guess I just talked about the game and how losses have more tangible consequences than in other games and she got curious. I guess the oddity of that appealed to her.

Mine just wants to keep playing Elder Scroll Online. Should I sever?

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Ice Fist posted:

That all seems pretty reasonable.

there's not much in the way of hard feelings except a few people on both sides talk a lot of mad poo poo about how the other is Bad And Sucks which is to be expected but whatever

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Dalael posted:

Mine just wants to keep playing Elder Scroll Online. Should I sever?

she probably humors your peruvian atlantis poo poo so doesnt sound like a good idea

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

CommonShore posted:

That's about all there is to it. Bat Country decided it wanted to be in PL. Goonswarm said "k, have fun."

Hey buddy, saw your post in the sig forums. Wanna hook up?

:wink:

you feelin fucky
May 23, 2009

Ice Fist posted:

his objections to mittens monetization schemes were made public in some leaked chatlogs. after that he said his position became untenable and left to pl with a severely diminished bat

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Conspiratiorist posted:

I don't give a gently caress. By all indications, the reason he left is because despite his years of brownosing, in the end he wasn't allowed into the coke snorting off vegas hookers inner circle. He wanted exclusive rights to takes mittens cock up his hairy welsh rear end.

My real grievance is with the culture that let this happen. And that poo poo came down from the top - a cultural revolution to purge actual goons, because all goonfleet is about is having obedient autistic drones.

Tell us more about your life as a ~true goon~. :allears:

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

AAPsel posted:

his objections to mittens monetization schemes were made public in some leaked chatlogs. after that he said his position became untenable and left to pl with a severely diminished bat

It amazes me that the people who complain about TMC revenue checks have no qualms with the Rixx Javix "fix my personal finances because I am a fuckwit" Kickstarter.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

They collected renter isk for the last three years and dont pay out poo poo or reimburse nothing.

Essentially they have zero expenses except the alliance tournament which they try superhard at.

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings

Siets posted:

It amazes me that the people who complain about TMC revenue checks have no qualms with the Rixx Javix "fix my personal finances because I am a fuckwit" Kickstarter.

Do you have a quote from me on that? I think anyone who contributed to that were gullible idiots.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Who gives a poo poo how alliances make money as long as they arn't loving their members to do it.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Rhymenoserous posted:

Hey buddy, saw your post in the sig forums. Wanna hook up?

:wink:

:wink: indeed. My play time will be erratic, but I intend to put a few good hours in on Tues/Thurs next week.

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Endie posted:

Do you have a quote from me on that? I think anyone who contributed to that were gullible idiots.

Naw not you. Just saw a bunch of redditors blathering about TMC paychecks in boat's stream earlier and the irony hit really hard.

You are fighting alongside these people though. :(

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Good guys freeported the station http://evemaps.dotlan.net/system/UQ9-3C :sun:

bres0048
Oct 29, 2012

Isn't eve dead, that game was a terrible space flight sim

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

bres0048 posted:

Isn't eve dead, that game was a terrible space flight sim

Yeah, everyone moved onto Star Citizen :laugh:

I had a friend who used to write insane diatribes about how SC was gonna kill EVE, and do everything EVE does but better, etc

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Are you talking at an alliance level or individual level?

Individually you're expected to be financially supporting yourself. Most people do various things like JF runs, alts in highsec doing incursions, PI, money moons etc. For example, I personally just use the referral code PLEX and my EVE-Bet sponsorship money off my videos to fund myself. It's awesome because I don't have to ever PVE.

At the alliance level there are various ways PL makes its money such as the Alliance Tournament, the old B0T rental empire being another (we were making a reported 1 trillion ISK per month), as well as mercenary contracts.

crew posted:

They collected renter isk for the last three years and dont pay out poo poo or reimburse nothing.

Essentially they have zero expenses except the alliance tournament which they try superhard at.

This is a bit misleading. PL paid out SRP while B0T was around and also provided stuff like isotopes etc., but phased it out over time. AT is a huge payout in general, so I don't know why you wouldn't want to make all that money.

The old money man for PL did two articles for TMC covering it.

March 2013 report - https://www.themittani.com/features/year-life-pandemic-legions-wallet

July 2014 report - https://www.themittani.com/features/18-months-pandemic-legion-finances

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Apr 1, 2016

Cyrelio
Mar 28, 2015

The Glumslinger posted:

I had a friend who used to write insane diatribes about how SC was gonna kill EVE, and do everything EVE does but better, etc

How's that working out for him now?

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Cyrelio posted:

How's that working out for him now?

Well he got fired from CIG, so

dragonstalking
Oct 6, 2013

by Shine

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Yeah pretty much. The occasional contract and moon taxes pay for corp/alliance poo poo.

bres0048
Oct 29, 2012

The Glumslinger posted:

Yeah, everyone moved onto Star Citizen :laugh:

I jumped on the SC bandwagon, got out when DS started the sky is falling campaign. It's been nice watching since

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Siets posted:

Did Endie endorse Rixx Javix's thing?

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong
Del

YouTuber
Jul 31, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

All members are independently wealthy plus the Alliance makes snatching up moon mining upon relocation a top priority. The Alliance does reimbursement for priority items like Link Alts, Interdictors etc etc. There are a few people who run level 5 missions with their carrier alts but honestly that poo poo is dumb and you really should just buy a plex and sell it. Doing level 5s requires having about 5 carriers (one for each possible mission system) and a Leopard to zip back and forth between systems.

PL doesn't need the money from this EVE Bet guy, it's just a bonus.

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead

crew posted:

If you're good, the tournament is a moneymaker, not an expense: since they reworked the prize structure a couple of years ago, any team that makes it to the final day gets around a trillion in prizes at minimum. Given PL's history of success, I'm sure they've made orders of magnitude more from the AT than they've ever spent on it.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

LemonDrizzle posted:

If you're good, the tournament is a moneymaker, not an expense: since they reworked the prize structure a couple of years ago, any team that makes it to the final day gets around a trillion in prizes at minimum.

Yeah, the prize payout they swapped over to is at least a decent incentive to try and place.

Get 4th place and you get 6 rare ships that go for like 100 billion each.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fix Lag
Sep 8, 2011

There's a sale at Penny's!

Unfunny Poster posted:

Yeah, the prize payout they swapped over to is at least a decent incentive to try and place.

Get 4th place and you get 6 rare ships that go for like 100 billion each.

incidentally expect some lobbying for CCP's yearly welfare checks to stop being a primary source of income for some alliances

you want money you're gonna have to log in all the time and play the game just like everyone else

• Locked thread