Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

They made a spaceship that can't even fly straight when pointed straight.

Amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bres0048
Oct 29, 2012

Any chance they have something working by the end of the year?

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

bres0048 posted:

Any chance they have something working by the end of the year?

Yes, the coffee machine.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

D_Smart posted:

The secret is on the fourth wall.

That is all.

Anyone know what the hell this means?

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Lime Tonics posted:

They made a spaceship that can't even fly straight when pointed straight.

Amazing.

* Fixed a bug where a ship flew slightly to the left
* Fixed a bug where the pilot of the above ship was position slightly to the right
* This is probably the same bug
* We just logged it twice
* Sorry

AP posted:

Anyone know what the hell this means?

The secret is in each and every one of us, god bless us all.

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Scruffpuff posted:

So my wife, who only gets an occasional condensed summary of the Star Citizen drama, when she asks about it, has a theory about the E.L.E. Thought I'd share.

We know people have been getting chargebacks successfully. We also know CIG has intentionally misrepresented what a chargeback is in official communications to backers in order to intimidate. I have heard, but have not substantiated, a number of rumors that Visa knows about CIG and fasttracks chargebacks against them.

These things could indicate that CIG has achieved that most special status with Visa - one where you undergo a mandatory risk assessment audit, to determine if Visa will drop CIG as a merchant and refuse to process for them any longer.

That would be the type of thing only the higher-ups would know, it would be something that they could convince themselves they could survive, and it could be considered an E.L.E. if things go badly for them. That would bring their money train to a screeching halt.

This is really good.

I remember the quote, that a bank said something along the lines of "Fast-track chargebacks, issues detected with vendor"

Toops fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Apr 1, 2016

TODD BONZALEZ
Jul 3, 2010

Imo the ELE definitely gas to do with some financial body doing a forensic audit of CIG

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

aaaaand :boom: a new sausage citizen is born

Sperglord
Feb 6, 2016

SirPhoebos posted:

Y'know what? gently caress it - I'm gonna let the Chicago sports world know what a dishonest turd Chris Roberts is next Thursday.

Got a link to the quote?

AP would have the quote, it is from this Wednesday's subscriber RTV.

Scruffpuff posted:

It could be, but even if Chris was honestly the most successful game developer in history, and his games, including SC, met or exceeded every benchmark ever made, and was ushering in a whole new era of gaming - even if all that were true, he should not have shat on his industry peers. It's a small industry - you show humility, you thank your backers, and you respect your peers. The fact that he's talking like this while also being an inept fraud is beyond inappropriate. I'd say we've got a good Icarus fall story coming, but even Icarus got off the ground first. Chris is still pasting feathers together, telling us all about that Daedalus hack, and how much better his wings will be when finished.

His antics are beyond scummy, we are heading towards a Greek tragedy dénouement like no other:" those who the gods wish to destroy they first make proud" etc. Etc.

The savior of PC gaming...

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

AP posted:

Interesting but why wouldn't Derek be able to mention it, even if only hinting?

Because if only a few people know, and Derek says specifically what it is, they now have a very small number of people one of whom they know for a fact is a mole.

As it stands, Derek has been predicting doom for so long, and with such generic terms, and CIG has been loving up so constantly, that even if they suspected that Derek knew something specific, there's no way to pin down what that is with enough certainty to accuse Colonel Mustard of using the candlestick in the conservatory.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

SirPhoebos posted:

Y'know what? gently caress it - I'm gonna let the Chicago sports world know what a dishonest turd Chris Roberts is next Thursday.

Got a link to the quote?

He says stupid poo poo all the time, I've lost interest in finding the quotes, had a look on iin but don't see it, it will be back in the thread a good bit.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Here's how truly stupid Chris Roberts is:

-Star Citizen cannot exist with current PC technology with the fidelity and scope envisioned
-He married Sandi.
-He simply cannot control himself, his boasting, or from making additional promises even when faced with complete project failure
-He spits on birthday cakes when he tries to blow on them
-He married Sandi. Again.
-When it has become clear that neither he nor his company can survive, he doesn't take the money and flee the country, but instead sticks around to make additional boasts and promises

In short: he dumb.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

hahaha my partner posted a thing in miitomo, nintendo's new social media app thing, about how all she had been hearing about recently was me banging on and lollin it up about star citizen.

of course folks are showing up in her comments being all "whats the gossip?? is there something wrong with the project? whats he saying?"

she has only had friends saying stuff like "lol" and "aww cute" before and she was shocked at the influx of attention. bizarre and hilarious

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Scruffpuff posted:

Because if only a few people know, and Derek says specifically what it is, they now have a very small number of people one of whom they know for a fact is a mole.

As it stands, Derek has been predicting doom for so long, and with such generic terms, and CIG has been loving up so constantly, that even if they suspected that Derek knew something specific, there's no way to pin down what that is with enough certainty to accuse Colonel Mustard of using the candlestick in the conservatory.

Hmm, could be, but if something terrible happens at the same time Derek says something terrible is happening that's a good indication he knows. On the other hand I imagine terrible stuff really does happen daily there.

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,
Did we detect any leavers?

I jizz-proofed my room and I've been sittin here waiting but NOTHING.

NOTHING.

bres0048
Oct 29, 2012

fuctifino posted:

Yes, the coffee machine.

The $10k coffee machine? I hope it works

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

Loiosh posted:

I think what EightAce says about basically all of their work being on SC42 is why there's nothing doing on the PU side. The little notes here or there are not showing movement towards a better product, just a lot of minimal bug fixing.

What's your opinion on SQ42's script? Are you excited for another Chris Roberts adventure?

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Toops posted:

NOTHING.

theyre all stayin now for fear of being branded toxic dinks

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Toops posted:

He's completely dead behind the eyes. Like pitiless Halloween/Jason levels of dead. He loves his momma, and he tolerates me. But oh gently caress if he doesn't know you, he turns into a demon spawn belched screaming from the boiling pit of hell.

You aren't kidding - was he born feral? in a terrible pet store? seperated from his mother to early? He looks meaner than that Belgian fascist that knocked the gently caress out of glasses guy. Is your cat a fascist?

I'm curious how he got to be like that, there is not a glint of affection in his eyes. Aside from that he is a fine, healthy looking cat though and probably excellent at killing birds and everything else in his path

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Star Citizen: Is there something wrong with the project?

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

AP posted:

Hmm, could be, but if something terrible happens at the same time Derek says something terrible is happening that's a good indication he knows. On the other hand I imagine terrible stuff really does happen daily there.

That really is the "CIG Difference"™. When you ask them about their catastrophic failure, they open a 9,000 page tome, sigh loudly, and say "Which one?"

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Scruffpuff posted:

which, honestly, serves as a good smokescreen for his sources - DS has been saying so many things for so long that it's impossible to say who his sources are, at least for people as incompetent as CIG.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Mirificus posted:

So sad and predictable.

Just living up to my reddit name. :chord:

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Toops posted:

NOTHING.

Don't worry, it's only two weeks before he pops up here and says "hey guys any day now something huge is going to happen but I can't tell you what it is" then promptly disappears without delivering anything.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Toops posted:

NOTHING.

If I had bailed I wouldn't put anything on twitter until I'd secured and then started on a new job. The only reason to say you left publicly is to make CIG look bad, as that's the only result and why would you want the grief? Currently no evidence doesn't mean much, if nothing slips out for a week that's different, as people talk no matter what.

Blunderstorm
Mar 1, 2016

my grandfather just posts and all i got was this lousy joke, so what
So derek has taken to dropping a cryptic post since his breakdown lmao

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Maybe Derek meant "the fourth estate", meaning the press?

Derek can you do the time traveling posting thing across open tabs and tell me if that's what you meant?

Thanks!

Atreiden
May 4, 2008

Derek Smart is a lot like Chris Roberts, he talks a lot but never delivers. Oh and they both try to make space games I guess

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Fourth wall... fourth wall... Money (Justin Chambers?) is their media guy right? The one in charge of making the videos? He is behind the fourth wall in the their video shoots...

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Loiosh posted:

My stance on SC/CIG is that they have not proved they can deliver improvements to 2.0.

What? What are you talking about? I have heard from hundreds if not thousands of citizens that the improvements made since 2.0 are nothing short of miraculous.

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Solarin posted:

You aren't kidding - was he born feral? in a terrible pet store? seperated from his mother to early? He looks meaner than that Belgian fascist that knocked the gently caress out of glasses guy. Is your cat a fascist?

I'm curious how he got to be like that, there is not a glint of affection in his eyes. Aside from that he is a fine, healthy looking cat though and probably excellent at killing birds and everything else in his path

Two possible causes:

1. He ate rat poison as a kitten and almost died.
2. The other cat in the house was mean as gently caress and hated him.

I've never seen a cat like him, he just wants to loving murder people he doesn't know. If he were a human he would be a serial killer.

bres0048
Oct 29, 2012

is SC failure imminent ive been off awhile

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Tippis posted:

Heh, even the citizens are asking whether the guy(s) have played any games in the last decade. :v:

quote:

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6522934/#Comment_6522934
Walk like people? When is the last time you saw people? No sorry the joke, but really. They are not walking/behaving like people. In your defence, i have no clue how people walk where you live but to me, it seems like they are just mindless ants or stoned zombies.

:vince: I loving died.

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

Realtalk: Are there any games that you can think of that looked like janky trash and had a checkered development that ended up being good?

sorla78
Oct 11, 2012

EAT THE PAIN AWAY!

Toops posted:

This is really good.

I remember the quote, that a bank said something along the lines of "Fast-track chargebacks, issues detected with vendor"

Here's the Visa merchant guideline for chargebacks.
https://usa.visa.com/dam/VCOM/download/merchants/chargeback-management-guidelines-for-visa-merchants.pdf

Here's the VISA Fraud & Chargeback Manual for US
https://www.adyen.com/dam/jcr:3c15057b-774d-4ae4-8521-4e8eac1d71b1/fraud-and-chargeback-manual-us.pdf

Also since 1.1.16 following rules are live, taken from Adyen, a tech provider for payment processing.

As of 1st January 2016, Visa Inc. is restructuring its chargeback and fraud programs.
Overview

In order to simplify operations, Visa Inc. will integrate the current regional and global programs into two new fraud and chargeback monitoring programs:

Visa Chargeback Monitoring Program (VCMP)
Visa Fraud Monitoring Program (VFMP)

Main changes:

Faster identification
To eliminate the 60-to-90 day reporting lag, all programs will be based on reported fraud and sales of the previous month.

Uniform program ratios and timelines
This change will help merchants to align domestic and global metrics, timelines and fees across all markets.

New rules and policies
Merchants will be defined as either ‘Standard merchants’ or ‘High-Risk merchants’ There are separate programs for each classification (details of classification below).

Classification for High Risk Merchants is explained over here, simply scroll down.
https://www.adyen.com/blog/stay-up-to-speed-with-visa-inc-fraud-and-chargeback-programs-december-2015

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Almost missed it!

Daztek posted:

I always felt like this video was missing something

But, no more

DJ Pgabz found some fans

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLGjA7aR1MA

:pgabz:

:eyepop: :five::five::five::five::five:

fuctifino posted:

Yes, the coffee machine.

That'll just be because the maintenance man was there for the third time that week, after four more people had to call in sick due to broken wrists food poisoning.

Tippis fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Apr 1, 2016

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

bres0048 posted:

is SC failure imminent ive been off awhile

E.L.E. Is currently in progress.

Which apparently means Star Citizen is going to fail so hard it will doom the entire human race as well.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Justin Tyme posted:

Fourth wall... fourth wall... Money (Justin Chambers?) is their media guy right? The one in charge of making the videos? He is behind the fourth wall in the their video shoots...

If I was Derek Smart I'd be doing the same thing but that doesn't mean it's not bloody annoying though.

Derek, have some people left yesterday and can you give an idea of how many?

Rudager
Apr 29, 2008

FrankieGoes posted:

What? What are you talking about? I have heard from hundreds if not thousands of citizens that the improvements made since 2.0 are nothing short of miraculous.

The patch notes are 20 pages long each time! Definitely a sign of progress being made.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Scruffpuff posted:

That really is the "CIG Difference"™. When you ask them about their catastrophic failure, they open a 9,000 page tome, sigh loudly, and say "Which one?"

they call the 9,000 page failure tome "The Squadron 42 script"

• Locked thread