Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

can we get an update on plutonis' farmer, JEEBus911WeedNikka9000 LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

can we get an update on plutonis' farmer, JEEBus911WeedNikka9000 LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!

no

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i'm hoping that he builds on some of the characters. you can give pam a job, but it doesn't really change that much. or you can build the community center, but nobody ever uses it. it's already pretty amazing for a one man effort, but i think it'd be cool if you had more effect on the town.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

sector_corrector posted:

i'm hoping that he builds on some of the characters. you can give pam a job, but it doesn't really change that much. or you can build the community center, but nobody ever uses it. it's already pretty amazing for a one man effort, but i think it'd be cool if you had more effect on the town.

fully restoring the community center actually means that a lot of people hang out there

of course it makes clint an even bigger fuckface because in addition to closing at 4pm every god drat day, some days he'll just gently caress off completely and hang around the community center

on the flip side, fully restoring the community center puts jojamart out of business, which throws shane into an even deeper depression because as much as he hates that job, he hates being unemployed even more

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Coolguye posted:

fully restoring the community center actually means that a lot of people hang out there

of course it makes clint an even bigger fuckface because in addition to closing at 4pm every god drat day, some days he'll just gently caress off completely and hang around the community center

on the flip side, fully restoring the community center puts jojamart out of business, which throws shane into an even deeper depression because as much as he hates that job, he hates being unemployed even more

weird... i've been by there since then, and i've never seen anybody

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial
Some ground berries here for Tane!

Shane: It's Shane actually.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

sector_corrector posted:

i want the dungeon crawling part to be a little more fleshed out. like being able to craft new weapons since there's a blacksmith in town.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

lol

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Action Tortoise posted:

i want the dungeon crawling part to be a little more fleshed out. like being able to craft new weapons since there's a blacksmith in town.

:yeah:

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

I like this game but I don't have the energy to actually play this game and plant each individual corn seed or whatever but I pretend that I do and that I have a nice big farm

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

I like this game but I don't have the energy to actually play this game and plant each individual corn seed or whatever but I pretend that I do and that I have a nice big farm

Just give the pixels you find sexiest poo poo you found on the ground and you've basically got your $15 worth

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

you have no work ethic did the philosophical gaming masterpiece Bioshock teach you nothing?

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

everyones depressed

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Everyone is bummed out by 9/11 in my Valley. Help!

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off
its march

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

In Amiibo Festival your character will get more depressed every day they are in debt

Cute games getting 2 real 4 me

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

good idea

BiG TrUcKs !!!
Feb 25, 2007

My life is the most blessed and most cursed in existence (blessed spiritually, cursed physically)
AIDS

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Heres an update on your mom. Im having sex with her. gently caress you!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I returned this using steam refunds because I already own multiple harvest moon games and will play that instead the next time I want to play a farm simulator.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I also know I've put basically a half hour into it and dark souls 3 is so soon that I won't dig into it for months so I might as well return it and buy it on sale later

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

In Training posted:

I also know I've put basically a half hour into it and dark souls 3 is so soon that I won't dig into it for months so I might as well return it and buy it on sale later

this is a good idea. stardew is addicting as heck and will only either get tossed by the wayside for ds3 or take up time you could be spending on ds3

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

i just finished my first year. winter fuckin sucks, i'm making the greenhouse a priority.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

THis games probably gonna get expansions and about 75 to 100 erotic mods so Im going to be patient and focus on DS3.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

net cafe scandal posted:

THis games probably gonna get expansions and about 75 to 100 erotic mods so Im going to be patient and focus on DS3.

Waiting for release of the milf/hot wife mod

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Fumaofthelake posted:

Waiting for release of the milf/hot wife mod

Cuck

Soral
May 30, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

i started this today and feel completely lost lol, wtf am i meant to be doing? Farming takes a long time -.-;;

i'm into it tho

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

at the start you're mostly just trying to make enough money to afford basic poo poo like more seeds, tool upgrades, yknow stuff like that.

if you havent yet, there's a broken bridge on the beach that you can repair for like 200 or 300 wood, and you can scavenge relatively valuable stuff from the other side every day. its a good source of income while your farm is still small and lovely

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

its also not a game with hard requirements/directions so i guess if you felt like it you could waste all your starting money on beer and just gently caress off into the woods to do nothing for a few weeks

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

i bought a cup of coffee to make my guy run faster

i wanna make beer eventually

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

does grass do anything aside from look nicer?? do i have to water it too

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
If it's tall and you have a silo you can produce hay by cutting it. You need hay to maintain livestock

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

the zelda-bush looking grass is used in crafting recepies. the big amorphous patches of grass are only useful once you get a Silo because then they convert into Straw, which feeds animals, but otherwise it does nothing.

and bushes/grass/trees/logs and stuff like that will regrow automatically over time on the parts of your land that you haven't cleared out yet

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Stardew is my first "whoops it's 4am" game in a long time. You'll feel kind of lost or overwhelmed at first but I'm just in the second season and I feel like I'm starting to get poo poo done.

Once you start unlocking the stuff to make artisan goods (keg, cheese press, preserves jar, mayonnaise machine, etc) you can get good dividends out of your crops. If you haven't noticed yet, you can buy tree seeds from the general store. Trees take a full season to grow and only bear fruit (one per day) during specific seasons. So plan ahead and plant a Fall seed during the first day of Summer if you can, then by the time it starts giving you fruit you'll probably have preserves jars.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

what is it with games like this where people cant help but share their epic starting build with people that ask what grass does

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

trying to jack off posted:

what is it with games like this where people cant help but share their epic starting build with people that ask what grass does

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

lesbian baphomet posted:

the big amorphous patches of grass are only useful once you get a Silo because then they convert into Straw, which feeds animals, but otherwise it does nothing.

also fwiw this is wrong

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

PleasingFungus posted:

also fwiw this is wrong

what else does the grass do besides turn into straw?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

i'm gonna use this thread to ask a bunch of dumb questions since this is my first Harvest Moon style game :D

why does my tilled soil randomly turn back into untilled land?? is there something i need to be doing to prevent that or what

• Locked thread