Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

imgay posted:

i didn't try to shoot anyone last night and didn't get any message saying i was jailed or anything

Why didn't you try and shoot anyone last night?

(I can think of various reasons for this but want to hear it from imgay)

iajanus posted:

Well that sealed my vote. I'm working on the assumption that being gaoled would get you some sort of message.

##vote Infinitum

Aren't you the slightest bit concerned about "What if Infinitum is telling the truth and imgay is the one who's lying"? I'm starting to come around on BHB's initial read.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barehanded Brother
Feb 12, 2007

When you have a Hammer, everything looks like a nail.

Revolver Anidav posted:

This seems like a weird reason to joke vote on D2.

Many Auspol goons have photo or rl evidence of this eyepatch.

Really? My bad then, I was p. drunk last night and don't even remember posting that.

Sorry VS ##unvote

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

EDITING BECAUSE I'M DEAD.

wins32767 fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Apr 2, 2016

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

EDITING BECAUSE I'M DEAD.

wins32767 fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Apr 2, 2016

Barehanded Brother
Feb 12, 2007

When you have a Hammer, everything looks like a nail.
uh wins i hate to break it to you buddy but you're dead :(

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

Barehanded Brother posted:

uh wins i hate to break it to you buddy but you're dead :(

Oh, poo poo. Sorry guys.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
hosed up killing wins

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I already told you I couldn't shoot last night

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

imgay posted:

I already told you I couldn't shoot last night

When can you shoot?

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
After some circumstances are met

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Here's where I stand -

I feel like imgay is telling the truth because he doesn't strike me as the type to fakeclaim something like "conditional vig".

I feel like Infinitum is telling the truth because he came off as confident that imgay would corroborate the jailing. While that doesn't necessarily mean he's town, the fact that he could be a town PR mixed with the willingness people have to rush the vote on him makes me reluctant to vote there. My main problem with Infinitum is:

Murmur Twin posted:

On a scale of 1-10 how sure are you that infinitum is scum?

If I assume that FL is telling the truth about a miller, it implies that there's a cop. And so to me there's a possibility that Kash is implying that Infinitum investigated scum while trying not to give up that he's the cop. But thinking about it more, it's not like scum wouldn't have figured out that Kash is the cop (if Infinitum is indeed scum). Plus we might have a doctor, so to me it makes sense to just ask straight up:

Kash: is your case on Infinitum based on your reads or based on an investigation?

iajanus posted:

Well that sealed my vote. I'm working on the assumption that being gaoled would get you some sort of message.

##vote Infinitum

This post felt scummy to me at first but seeing that he thought that being jailed always results in a PM, his thought process makes more sense to me.

Revolver Anidav posted:

I'm just trying to play a bit different from my other game, and look harder cause everyone complained about me just voting majority on D1. :shrug:

##vote Infinitum

At the moment my biggest pick would be Anidav. I don't think he's going too far out on a limb to share his thought processes and I feel like he's playing it safe (voted for Jedit, Infinitum, and iajanus - all people receiving pressure elsewhere). Also historically I think that going out of one's way to declare "I'm trying a new playstyle" usually ends up being scum trying to rationalize sounding different. ##vote Anidav

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Infinitum has been scum since there game started and I was sure of that before the night even started

Revolver Anidav
Feb 12, 2016

"Diamond Dogs? They're pretty good...

But they've got nothing on my doooooooooooooooog...."
Lol it's not a whole new play style, just trying to do more on D1.

I think Murmur has a point though about Infinitum telling the truth. In Auspol we use jailers as more of a scum role. Infinitum was a scum jailer in the JoJo game. I don't think he'd make up that role to save himself cause it sounds scummy.

But it does sound like he made up the flavor. Traveling salesman isn't a jailer flavour, it's a fakeclaim for scum flavour. Jailing the vig sounds like what a scum would do with it.

I don't know why imgay would have restrictions on being a vig. If this is Oregon Trail maybe he has to wait till he sees a buffalo to go food hunting or something.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
I don't recall Infinitum expressing an opinion on imgay to think the vig was a scum cover. Makes me think the jailing was to protect scum, rather than Infinitum using his action based on a read.

##vote Infinitum

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I did express an opinion..

quote:

To explain my imgay vote and jail, these 2 posts initially had me concerned.

imgay posted:

i have a gun but im not scum

imgay posted:

I already told you I can't fire my gun yet

imgay mentions a gun 2 times and he already has people convinced he's a vigilante for some reason.

The Ninth Layer posted:

Jailer is a very common scum role and I think jailing a claimed vigilante is a scummy use of it.

I breadcrumb, admittedly slowly as it was only D1, that I was a jailer and then suddenly that claim gets knocked back because "scum jailers are a thing"?
Some weird sort of disconnect there that doesn't grok with me.

Which is why I jailed him last night, as he was pinging me hard like he was collecting votes yesterday to activate the gun. Don't even know if he's dayvig or nightvig.
So until someone else investigates him, or imgay is willing to fullclaim properly, we just need to take his word for it.
As I said earlier he was asked to confirm the jail and he hasn't.

:siren: imgay please confirm or deny the jail :siren:

Something just doesn't grok with the way he's posting, and Kash is just angrily tunneling me hard.

This is just another lazy vote without even reading the thread.
I'm starting to agree with BHB's and MT's on iajanus, and I'm gonna laugh my arse off if you end up being scum in both games Bird.

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

Tactical Sexpionage Tourism
its mg3 you muppets

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Rereading that makes two things clear

1) Infinitum was desperate for imgay to confirm the jail to protect his own skin
2) Infinitum was uber concerned about the possible vig, but not the possible scum

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Infinitum is also a claimed town jailer who wasn't killed

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Wasn't even attempted

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

Kashuno posted:

Wasn't even attempted

how you know that hmm

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
there was a kill last night

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Kashuno posted:

Infinitum is also a claimed town jailer who wasn't killed

---

Wasn't even attempted

My personal opinion is that Kash sounds scummier than Infinitum. I can't think of any reason to post "wasn't even attempted" (which is something that is implied by nature of someone else being NKed) from comes from a town perspective. My take on it is that that second post was Kash showing us that (a) he's more interested in killing Infinitum than hunting scum and (b) that he is familiar with the thought process scum used to choose an NK target. I also think Kash's general tone (overconfidence) feels inappropriate for D2.

Just out of curiosity (and lack of desire to go back and look), is there anyone who doesn't think Infinitum is scum? I don't think I've ever seen a situation in Mafia where everyone unanimously agreed on someone and they ended up being anything other than town.

Kashuno posted:

Infinitum has been scum since there game started and I was sure of that before the night even started

I can't tell if it's just a matter of Kash and I playing Mafia differently but I don't think I've ever been as sure of a D1 read as Kash is claiming to be.

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

Murmur Twin posted:

My personal opinion is that Kash sounds scummier than Infinitum. I can't think of any reason to post "wasn't even attempted" (which is something that is implied by nature of someone else being NKed) from comes from a town perspective. My take on it is that that second post was Kash showing us that (a) he's more interested in killing Infinitum than hunting scum and (b) that he is familiar with the thought process scum used to choose an NK target. I also think Kash's general tone (overconfidence) feels inappropriate for D2.

Just out of curiosity (and lack of desire to go back and look), is there anyone who doesn't think Infinitum is scum? I don't think I've ever seen a situation in Mafia where everyone unanimously agreed on someone and they ended up being anything other than town.

I can't tell if it's just a matter of Kash and I playing Mafia differently but I don't think I've ever been as sure of a D1 read as Kash is claiming to be.

indinitum doesnt sound like scum to me my pick is mg3/kash/????

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Venom Soag posted:

indinitum doesnt sound like scum to me my pick is mg3/kash/????

Why MG3? Don't feel like going back and looking at the moment :350:

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
boss, i can't really see mg3 scum at this point. he signed up exclusively to play with wins

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.
With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to lynch. Deadline is 04/03/2016 @ 8:00 PM Pacific. REMAINING TIME 19 HOURS 30 MINUTES AS OF THIS EDIT.
  1. Barehanded Brother Isn't currently voting for anyone today.
  2. BirdstrikeVoted for Infinitum
  3. BottleKnightvoted forInfinitum
  4. Flying LeathermanHasn't voted for anyone today.
  5. iajanus Isn't currently voting for someone.
  6. imgay Hasn't voted for anyone today.
  7. InfinitumVoted for MG3
  8. JeditHas passed away.
  9. Kashunovoted for Infinitum
  10. MG3voted for Infinitum
  11. Murmur Twinvoted for Revolver Anidav
  12. Revolver Anidavvoted for Infinitum
  13. The Ninth LayerHasn't voted for anyone today.
  14. Venom Soagvoted for MG3
  15. wins32767Has Passed away.

Total Votecount:
Infinitum-5
MG3-2
Revolver Anidav-1

Trying a new vote counter set up, now the names should be clickable so you don't gotta hop back to the first page each time. Also, Hasn't Voted for anyone today means they haven't voted at all. Isn't currently voting for someone today means they voted but unvoted for one reason or another.

JimsonTheBetrayer fucked around with this message at 08:32 on Apr 3, 2016

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Jimson posted:

With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to lynch. Deadline is 04/03/2016 @ 8:00 PM Pacific.
  1. Barehanded Brother Isn't currently voting for anyone today.
  2. BirdstrikeVoted for Infinitum
  3. BottleKnightvoted forInfinitum
  4. Flying LeathermanHasn't voted for anyone today.
  5. iajanus Isn't currently voting for someone.
  6. imgay Hasn't voted for anyone today.
  7. InfinitumVoted for MG3
  8. JeditHas passed away.
  9. Kashunovoted for Infinitum
  10. MG3voted for Infinitum
  11. Murmur Twinvoted for Revolver Anidav
  12. Revolver Anidavvoted for Infinitum
  13. The Ninth LayerHasn't voted for anyone today.
  14. Venom Soagvoted for MG3
  15. wins32767Has Passed away.

Total Votecount:
Infinitum-5
MG3-2
Revolver Anidav-1

Trying a new vote counter set up, now the names should be clickable so you don't gotta hop back to the first page each time. Also, Hasn't Voted for anyone today means they haven't voted at all. Isn't currently voting for someone today means they voted but unvoted for one reason or another.

That looks pretty good, but could you append the remaining time to the finish time so people not in the time zone don't need to work out any conversions to know how much longer there is?

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Also 4/3 was last month, catch up Jimson

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.

Birdstrike posted:

Also 4/3 was last month, catch up Jimson

You drat europeans and your crazy calendars.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Australia, the least accessible European country.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

iajanus posted:

Australia, the least accessible European country.

Go back to eating saurkraut baguettes and spotted dick commie

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

imgay posted:

boss, i can't really see mg3 scum at this point. he signed up exclusively to play with wins

i dont buy it

also maybe mg3 disnt get to pick the kill

their whole 'well i would NEVER kill that player' is a tried and true Auspol scum trope at this point and its makign me mor SUSS nod less

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Venom Soag posted:

how you know that hmm

because someone else died?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Murmur Twin posted:

I've been this sure of my read once in my time playing mafia. I swore up and down Opop was scum in mad maxfia, and town refused to listen to me and they lynched me instead. Turned out I was town and opop was scum.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

imgay posted:

bad post. Maybe someone else did the nk.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
Infinitum's flavor claim is not one that I believe, and the justification was extraordinarily weak (this and this). The fact that he's still alive today instead of wins is honestly baffling if he's really a town PR. I'd vote him again today, but I'm not going to put him at -1 with 11 hours left.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

Murmur Twin posted:

I don't know where you're getting your point B from. I don't think there's any insight into the thought process there, just pointing out that if there was no NK last night, then there'd be at least an argument for an attempt being made on Infinitum and it being blocked.

Regardless, I'm not sure of where you're going with "if everyone agrees that Infinitum is scum, he's probably town". Could you explain what your reasoning is behind that? I'd think scum would be just as likely to bus a teammate under heavy suspicion as to vote for a townie in this situation.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
I like TNL's posting much less today than I did yesterday, looking back. It's content-light (although it is entertainment-heavy!), the businessmen thing is still weird (hey non-flavor TNL, was that a serious thing?), and his post today was...bizarre. Unfamiliarity with the posters is all well and good, but that shouldn't prevent you from saying "this guy looks scummy from an objective perspective". I don't think it's necessary to have a meta read on everyone that you case. His words on Infinitum are also weird to me because I can't see a reason for the ambiguity. What changed between the end of overtime and today that would sway your opinion from "I wouldn't vote him" to "I'm on board with his lynch today"? TNL, were you just talking about D1 or would you not have voted him in overtime (after his claim) either?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Flying Leatherman posted:

Infinitum's flavor claim is not one that I believe, and the justification was extraordinarily weak (this and this). The fact that he's still alive today instead of wins is honestly baffling if he's really a town PR. I'd vote him again today, but I'm not going to put him at -1 with 11 hours left.

I'm sure there's at least a few other flavour texts out there that don't match the players abilities 100% either.

Leaving me alive is a good Scum play, as all the suspicion has been on me at the end of D1 and into overtime. It's the smart move to keep me alive to get lynched.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Except people believed your claim and let you live. The only reason we are even still talking about it is because I'm howling up a storm

• Locked thread