Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

El Scotch posted:

Interior made me think of a Pontiac. (Not a criticism, just an observation)

I wonder why that is. By the way, it's a Buick in North America.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Looks like a compressed late-model Solara convertible.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

eyebeem posted:

We love our Flex so very very much. We have a burgendy 2014 with the appearance package, black and satin 20" wheels, blacked out trim ad smoked lights. It looks so loving great.

We had the burgundy 2009 before it got totaled. Tried to talk the wife into a killer deal on the top of the line 2011 but the red/black paint job was a deal breaker.

I love the seats on this thing for long hauls, it's like driving a couch.

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

LeeMajors posted:

Looks like a compressed late-model Solara convertible.

Pretty sure it's based on the Pontiac (RIP) G6 convertible

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

MiniFoo posted:

I wonder why that is. By the way, it's a Buick in North America.

(No poo poo)

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

El Scotch posted:

Interior made me think of a Pontiac.

It's because of the red lighting (for me at least).

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Tommychu posted:

It's because of the red lighting (for me at least).

Same for me. It's definitely the red that makes me think that.

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich

FCKGW posted:

We had the burgundy 2009 before it got totaled. Tried to talk the wife into a killer deal on the top of the line 2011 but the red/black paint job was a deal breaker.

Yep.

When I go from driving my Abarth during the week to the Flex on the weekends..... Holy poo poo.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Fayez Butts posted:

Pretty sure it's based on the Pontiac (RIP) G6 convertible

Nah, the Cascada is Delta II while the G6 was Epsilon.

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine

Aztech posted:

i am pretty rapped with it.

What?

fingerling
Mar 7, 2010
Just finished cleaning my new Chaser (after 2 months of owning it). Need a new seat, and to lower the front again (~an inch). Also dying due to fumes from the dump getting into the car.

Getting the front bar, grille and some new mirrors painted this Thursday. Can't wait! :D
Also pictured; my daily

E: MORE PHOTOS~~~

While I had jack-stands on it there, that's not actually too far off how high it is with 20 year old "legal" suspension (as opposed to brand new coilovers) :v:

I don't mind how these look stock, but the rims do need to be spaced out a bit to look decent.

Aaaand next to my friend's C34 Stag (which the sharper of you can see was marking it's territory)

fingerling fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Mar 28, 2016

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Really, one pic? Toss us a bone man, those cars are awesome and I'm sure a lot of people don't know they exist.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

fingerling posted:

Just finished cleaning my new Chaser (after 2 months of owning it). Need a new seat, and to lower the front again (~an inch). Also dying due to fumes from the dump getting into the car.

Getting the front bar, grille and some new mirrors painted this Thursday. Can't wait! :D
Also pictured; my daily

if German car design owned the 80s, then Japan definitely had the 90s...and we barely even had any of the good stuff outside of video games. Nice Cool Toyota you go there.

fingerling
Mar 7, 2010

Mariana Horchata posted:

if German car design owned the 80s, then Japan definitely had the 90s...and we barely even had any of the good stuff outside of video games. Nice Cool Toyota you go there.

I've had another of these, this one is the more venerable one though, as it's a manual and has a sunroof (which is giving me a bald-spot as I'm slightly too tall). Interestingly, the car I owned before my last Chaser was an E34, which I also loved the subtle styling of. Toyota definitely took a bunch of cues from Ze Germans in the design process, for sure. They're pretty common in Australia now, along with the UK from what I hear (despite our petrol prices being ludicrous!).

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Please tell us all about the Chaser, it appears to be some sort of Camry?

fingerling
Mar 7, 2010
I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not :saddowns:

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

fingerling posted:

I can't tell if you're being sarcasticautistic or not :saddowns:

ftfy

sk8bored
May 23, 2007
Traded in my FJ cruiser for something fun again

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

fingerling posted:

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not :saddowns:

Well I was hoping to bait you into an angy info dump all about the car as I know little to nothing about them.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

FCKGW posted:

eyebeem posted:

We love our Flex so very very much. We have a burgendy 2014 with the appearance package, black and satin 20" wheels, blacked out trim ad smoked lights. It looks so loving great.

Flex bros! :hf: We are two months into ownership of our '13 Deep Impact Blue Limited w/ Ecoboost and 302A package. We have driven it to Disneyland (about 1350 miles round trip) and can confirm the seats are amazing. We have two small kiddos, and will probably stop with 3 so this is a perfect car. The panoramic vista roof is awesome, the twin turbo is awesome.

Once weather gets nice I will get it properly clean and take some photos with a real camera.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
That's an extended Scion xB

Aztech
May 30, 2009

The flex looks like a Range Rover with a colour coded shed strapped to the back.

I am pretty sure it's an attempt by ford to surreptitiously bring back the golden age of the minivan.

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich
The flex is the best car I've ever owned, and I've owned a lot of cars.

I choose it over our A7 most of the time.

DropShadow
Apr 15, 2003

Aztech posted:

I am pretty sure it's an attempt by ford to surreptitiously bring back the golden age of the station wagon.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

PCOS Bill posted:

That's an extended Scion xB

A guy on Jalopnik got in an accident in his XB and rebuilt the front end to resemble the Flex.

blk
Dec 19, 2009

.autistic or oztistic would be a great descriptor for the majority of the forum us who don't understand what the hell kind of cars you get in Australia

I want to love the Flex but I wish that it was styled a little less retro (the new front end is more modern but doesn't correlate with the carryover body) and that it could go around corners (a tall order for such a big box, I know).

In some ways it reminds me of old Volvo 7xx/9xx wagons.

fingerling
Mar 7, 2010

Rhyno posted:

Well I was hoping to bait you into an angy info dump all about the car as I know little to nothing about them.

It's basically a late 90s four-door Mk 3 Supra. 1JZ engine, which is a 2.5 litre straight six, 'Supra 5 speed' gearbox, and single turbo chu-chuu goodness, and of course, rwd. Stock they make about 300hp to the crank. Mine has basic boltons, and a hiflowed turbo, I'd guess around 300rwhp.

Still needs a few thousand spent to get a decent ecu, then a tune, but as far as it is, I'm happy with it.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

fingerling posted:

It's basically a late 90s four-door Mk 3 Supra. 1JZ engine, which is a 2.5 litre straight six, 'Supra 5 speed' gearbox, and single turbo chu-chuu goodness, and of course, rwd. Stock they make about 300hp to the crank. Mine has basic boltons, and a hiflowed turbo, I'd guess around 300rwhp.

Still needs a few thousand spent to get a decent ecu, then a tune, but as far as it is, I'm happy with it.

It's a beautiful car. I miss Toyota straight-6s. :smith: It's a travesty that they switched to V8s in LCs.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

This guy parked next to me but at least he stayed inside the lines.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Aztech posted:

The flex looks like a Range Rover with a colour coded shed strapped to the back.

I am pretty sure it's an attempt by ford to surreptitiously bring back the golden age of the minivan.

I know, it's rad.

It also exactly fits a 4x8 sheet of plywood in the back

FCKGW fucked around with this message at 07:13 on Apr 2, 2016

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

FCKGW posted:

I know, it's rad.

It also exactly fits a 4x8 sheet of plywood in the back

So does a Caravan

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

KakerMix posted:

That is a fantastic little thing. I love it. Early '90s Hondas were peak automotive everything.

Tremek
Jun 10, 2005

LeeMajors posted:

It's a beautiful car. I miss Toyota straight-6s. :smith: It's a travesty that they switched to V8s in LCs.

I think you misspelled "a massive increase in reliability and power"? Head gaskets and PHHs are a thing of the past with the 2uz-fe and 3ur-fe.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Tremek posted:

I think you misspelled "a massive increase in reliability and power"? Head gaskets and PHHs are a thing of the past with the 2uz-fe and 3ur-fe.

HG issues were largely fixed with materials improvements. Won't argue the HP though.

Still, the Fs and 1FZ were great engines.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

LeeMajors posted:

HG issues were largely fixed with materials improvements. Won't argue the HP though.

Still, the Fs and 1FZ were great engines.

Pretty sure the HG issue was due to cyl 6 running lean due to intake design.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Needed a new phone lock screen wallpaper after I gave her a gentle scrub.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

blk posted:

.autistic or oztistic would be a great descriptor for the majority of the forum us who don't understand what the hell kind of cars you get in Australia

:vince:

Aztech
May 30, 2009

KakerMix posted:

The best thing about this picture is how happy the guy in the van is about the situation, not that i can blame him that honda is great.

Rib Feast
Feb 18, 2003

Here's mine, someone wanted to build their portfolio so they took some nice snaps of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Rib Feast posted:

Here's mine, someone wanted to build their portfolio so they took some nice snaps of it.

Is that your daily driver or a fun car for weekends? I've talked to a few people around here that daily them and they absolutely love it. Despite what the car is capable of they say it's very comfortable and livable with for an only car. Though that seems to be more common for super cars and beyond these days.

I got to do a few laps around a track in one a few years ago and drat that's a fun car.